• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The RA rally Location 2010

Actually, those are not tire warmers. The tires are studded and the wraps protect things from contacting the studs.

565ebad3.jpg

6364802b.jpg

Those studs could scratch up some regular surfaces.

sounds like a reason for a seminar...

For Neophytes like myself who have always wanted to learn... :bow

sdc

ef577d3b.jpg

The Hoosick River borders the RA Rally site and has a nice population of trout. Why not pack a little fly rod and try your luck? There's usually an evening 'rise' and a hatch of Pale Evening Duns. A small 'Blue/Green', 'White Miller', hopper imitation, black ant or parachute caddis on 6X tippet would be good bets.

Sdpc2,

Great suggestion!
Orvis always has a workshop running in Manchester and there are monster trout in their fly-casting pool.

Paul

Its offical...We're going to the RA Rally. We made our Reservations this morning. We had planed on going to Redmond...but...my wife has never been to New England. she is a big fan of Ben & Jerrys and has a VT Teddy Bear. Also the total cost will be 1/3 of the cost to go to Redmond. Sooo see ya'all in Pownal. special thanks to Paulbach for your help...Kenny...:dance
So.... You're using the BMW MOA forum to tell everyone that you are NOT going to the BMW MOA International Rally, but instead are attending the BMW RA Rally. Oh..... the nerve of some folks. :nyah

:D:D

Bad enough we are hosting a thread promoting a "competitive" event. :stick

Personally, I plan to attend Redmond, Paoina, and Pownal. Gee, I have to ride somewhere. :clap:D

tb

Right after the Redmond Rally I will beat it back to Vermont to ensure everything is in place.
SouthwestPlane.png

Never thrown a party for 4,000 but have lots of GREAT help; The Vermont MOV and the Yankee Beemers

But those folks who attend Top of the Rockies will be one step closer to earning a special commendation that is in the works.

Last edited:
Looks like it will be the ra for me this year.My son just moved from Seattle to New Hampshire not far from the rally grounds.Then it will be on up to the Maine coast.-may even get to Prince Edward Island.Who knows? Ed

Looks like it will be the ra for me this year.My son just moved from Seattle to New Hampshire not far from the rally grounds.Then it will be on up to the Maine coast.-may even get to Prince Edward Island.Who knows? Ed

the island is a wonderful place to travel if you have the time. Not very large and lots to see if you like beaches and interesting backroads. The RA is on our radar as well. Enjoy! - Bob

the island is a wonderful place to travel if you have the time. Not very large and lots to see if you like beaches and interesting backroads. The RA is on our radar as well. Enjoy! - Bob

My wife is an Anne of Green Gables fanatic. After watching her collection endless agonizing times, I had the impression PEI was small enough to walk from end to end in a day. Boy was I surprised when I saw how big it is! :scratch

But it was one of my favorite places on that week long trip!

Pete

My wife is an Anne of Green Gables fanatic. After watching her collection endless agonizing times, I had the impression PEI was small enough to walk from end to end in a day. Boy was I surprised when I saw how big it is! :scratch

But it was one of my favorite places on that week long trip!

Pete

My mother was born there; my oldest son was born there and I went to the University of Prince Edward Island a few years back (psych and philosophy). Such a nice place to spend some time. In fact, we are looking at incorporating it in the next Salty Fog Riders Rally because of a Labor Day bike rally over there just as our ride around the Cabot Trail concludes. You could walk end to end but bring a tent :p - Bob

Here is a link to some route sheets from a Triumph event last year. They start in Bennington VT, which is about 10 miles from Pownal.

http://www.armchaircommando.org/bennington/BenningtonTriumphBash/Rides.html

501130069_gtCVv-M.gif

Right now the ride chairman is working on these very routes for the RA rally. The author of the routes, "Tito" Sanabria, has given the rally permission to use the routes as best suits the rally.

Extra detail and local knowledge is being added.

The plan is to have the hospitality committee give you a paper map AND will have a computer available to download chosen rides straight to your Garmin.

Paul

The plan is to have the hospitality committee give you a paper map AND will have a computer available to download chosen rides straight to your Garmin.

Paul

Any chance they will be posted online as gpx files ahead of time?

Personally, I will have routes planned, and programmed into the GPS, prior to arriving at the rally.

Nice rides, but the Adirondack rides both
cross a bridge at Crown Point that NYS DOT
blew up this year. A detour south or a ferry
trip will be required.
mXa

Back