• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in Ithaca, New York

G

Graymantr6

Hi, Im Alex. Joined the forum over the summer and have been busy with work and school so I haven had time to post anything.

Basic stuff is, Im a Mechanical Engineer and currently have two bikes. A 1971 R60/5 that I picked up for free. Thing was a basket case. All the bolts for the entire bike came in the same coffee can and took two trips filling up my old golf with parts. Took a year to get running and another to get rrunning well and all the goofy stuff sorted out. Stuff like instrument lights and a messed up charging system.
Its been a learning experience, still dont understand why the bike doesnt have any fuses. The guys at Max BMW have been a huge help. That was before I found this forum though.

The other bike is a GS500, dont really like it but got it really cheap and just trying to turn it to buy something else. Or parts, those are nice to.

Hope to learn a lot from this place and just have a good time.

Alex

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

Looks like you are not afraid to tackle a project bike. How about a picture of the completed project.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Hey Alex! Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have real prize there and one to proud of. Having fun...heck that will not be a problem in this group! Glad to have you..ride safe and ride often (may want to let it warm up some though! :D)

The Bike

Thanks for the warm welcome. I posted an after pic in the airheads picture thread.

Hey Alex! I SO envy people who can look at a basket of parts and create something functional out of it!

Nice riding in your neck of the woods!

Pete

Alex

Also get help from

Heids Hodaka & BMW
2033 Garnet Lake Rd N
Johnsburg, NY 12843
Or call 518-251-2110

They have plenty of parts in trailers and provide technical help.

R60/5

Alex,
I started riding BMWs in 1972 and I had an R60/5 at first. I used to drive to Ithaca from Skaneateles to get ice cream at Purity Ice Cream at the end of the lake. I used to go to college town to a greek restaurant. I miss the hills and seasons and especially miss Wegman's.
I hope you have a great experience with BMW MOA and your bike. You have serious depth and breadth of knowledge with these great people.
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
:thumb

Back