Thread: New Member in Southern NM

Mountain Geek

New Member in Southern NM

Hello All,
    I am recently widowed, and some friends talked me into an R1200 GS Adventure to use as part of finding a new life. To me there was something very powerful about the call of a motorcycle and the possible adventures that it represents.

So, my Adventure is supposed to be deliverd this week, and I can hardly wait. I did my MSF classes last weekend and bought a KLR 650 to use as a learning bike. I assumed that broken Kawasaki plastic would be a lot cheaper than broken BMW plastic.

I took my first highway ride yesterday, and it was probably the first time I have smiled with total sincerity since my wife died. I made some mistakes, but wow, this is the place to be!

Phil

535IS
    Quote Originally Posted by pmills View Post
    Hello All,
    I am recently widowed, and some friends talked me into an R1200 GS Adventure to use as part of finding a new life. To me there was something very powerful about the call of a motorcycle and the possible adventures that it represents.

So, my Adventure is supposed to be deliverd this week, and I can hardly wait. I did my MSF classes last weekend and bought a KLR 650 to use as a learning bike. I assumed that broken Kawasaki plastic would be a lot cheaper than broken BMW plastic.

I took my first highway ride yesterday, and it was probably the first time I have smiled with total sincerity since my wife died. I made some mistakes, but wow, this is the place to be!

Phil
    My younger brother has had a KLR for years. Loves it.

Wilkommen!

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new ride. Take it easy and get used to that new bike. Once accustomed to it you will most likely want to discover new "Adventure" for real! Stay tuned here and to the ON magazine for many of those opportunities. Most of all be safe and enjoy!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

You should probably join the New Mexico club but for sure come to our rally.

http://www.nmbmwmc.org/
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Welcome Phil. Glad to have you here as a new member.

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun riding when the weather is a little better.

Check out the Chartered Club for instant BMW friends.
    Ride Well

Mountain Geek
    Thanks! I'll join the NM club right now!