• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vemar Carbon Helmet

J

jcohen99

Anyone have one of these? I just bought one and am looking for comments. It is very light!

jcohen said:
Anyone have one of these? I just bought one and am looking for comments. It is very light!

Got post-purchase cognitive dissonance? ;)

Never heard of these helmets before, but a quick google turned up many vendors.

Ouch.... $800 for a helmet?

Seriously, I'd be very interested in your findings about the product. I'd like to get a feeling forthe cost/benefits of the lightness.

Structurally, it appears similar to other premium brands like Arai... so the crashworthiness is probably there (DOT and the Europeans seem to think so...).

Ian

jcohen, please make a bunch of comments on your own too, i'd like to hear what you think about it.

vemar helmet

I just returned the helmet. The web site claims 2lbs. 14oz. for a size large. I got a med. and it weighed 3lb. 1.8 oz. on 2 different postal scales. Airflow ventilation was not as good as my RR4 Arai.

Although the helmet was light and provided a good fit, for $800 it had to weigh what they claimed it weighed, period. I was expecting the med( a smaller shell than the large that was used for the web quote) to come in at less than 2lb. 14oz. The importer said that they weighed it w/o the face shield. That made me mad. I gues i should have paid using $100's and counted each one as two. Now I do not trust them. I would have paid $450 fot the helmet.

vemar

oh yea, the helmet had some low frequency vibration at 90mph, curious and I did not have it long enough to play with it.

Back