• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Portable mini-bar

TZOLK

I came up with a good idea on my last trip and think I should share it with you all. A standard mohagany cigar box will hold exactly 9 mini-bottles of various liqour. JBeam,Seagrams size bottles. The mini bottle of Jager kinda messed up the equation. A neat way to keep them organized with class. Pinky up!

TZOLK said:
I came up with a good idea on my last trip and think I should share it with you all. A standard mohagany cigar box will hold exactly 9 mini-bottles of various liqour. JBeam,Seagrams size bottles. The mini bottle of Jager kinda messed up the equation. A neat way to keep them organized with class. Pinky up!

Ah, isn't variety the spice of life? :1drink

lorazepam said:
Hey Brad, post a pic of your "mini bar" :bliss

Let's see, I am on the road with out it, but here is the contents.

2 750 ml plastic bottles
2 Stainless Steel Martini glasses
2 Stainless Steel Coasters
2 Stainless Steel Garnish Forks
1 Stainless Steel Shaker Set
1 Travel Humidor for 9 to 10 cigars
1 Bottle Opener

Hmm, did I forget anything?

roughing it

What's with the garnish fork? Isn't that taking up space that could be used for consumables?

:drink

When he pulled that mini bar out during the solstace ride, it was truly an awesome sight to behold. Disposable income can be a wonderful thing!

Is it a BMW thing?

Traveling with your liquor, I mean?

I guess I'm just a little too "blue collar". When I get to where I want to be for the night, I find the local liquor store, buy a 12 pack, and bring it back to where I'm staying!

Re: Is it a BMW thing?

Braddog said:

I guess I'm just a little too "blue collar". When I get to where I want to be for the night, I find the local liquor store, buy a 12 pack, and bring it back to where I'm staying!

Not in Ohio on a Sunday:mad . I found out coming back from the Falling Leaf Rally!

BradfordBenn said:
Let's see, I am on the road with out it, but here is the contents.

2 750 ml plastic bottles
2 Stainless Steel Martini glasses
2 Stainless Steel Coasters
2 Stainless Steel Garnish Forks
1 Stainless Steel Shaker Set
1 Travel Humidor for 9 to 10 cigars
1 Bottle Opener

Hmm, did I forget anything?

:help :jawdrop. Dude, :rocker you travel with all that??
See, I missed out on meeting you at Spokane :banghead so I could have seen this for myself. :doh
No wonder you have luggage/packing problems! :rofl :rofl

get your beer at the grocery store in Ohio, or the local quickie mart. You can get it on Sunday after 12 noon. dont ask me why.

Re: Is it a BMW thing?

Braddog said:

Most of the reason I carry it is cause I can't always find the vodka I want in some of the corner markets. Also I do purchase reinforcements once I am there.

Think of it as traveling with an air pump. Yes you can usually find an air pump but that one time you can't you'll be happy you have it.

And the reason I had trouble packing I realized - I packed tooooooo many pairs of jeans.:eek

Well, Im gonna ask cause Im sure everyone wants to know anyways. Where does one find such swank kit? Or perhaps did Q, machine them from billet stainless steel himself?

I purchased the set at Bed Bath and Beyond, however a quick check of their website did not reveal them. The set looks like this:
smallmartini.jpg

BradfordBenn said:
I purchased the set at Bed Bath and Beyond, however a quick check of their website did not reveal them. The set looks like this:
smallmartini.jpg

That is cool! :thumb As previously mentioned, definately James Bond. Do you stir or shake? :evil :D

Bond is the name.... Bradford Bond :thumb (JB music playing right now) :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

You guys got all the hardware, but not enough booze.... Platipus makes some nice various size bags that do well holding their liquor. I believe they even have a zip close carry case for this purpose specifically.

Back