• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member Karma: "Motorcycle Camping Made Easy" book

UncleHowie

Low speed, high drag
Welcome, new members!:clap

My name's Howie, and I joined the MOA a couple of years ago. Folks here have treated me very well, and I hope you get the same treatment.

I'd like to pass on a free book to a new member who's looking to try out BMW rallies or motorcycle camping: Motorcycle Camping Made Easy, by Bob Woofter.

In all honesty, it's a pretty basic book. If you've done much camping and/or motorcycle travel, you probably already know a lot of what's in here.

The book has been read, but is in good condition. I'll pick up the postage, unless you live in Outer Mongolia or somewhere like that.:)

I would ask that you pass it on to another member when you're done, but obviously I can't enforce that provision.

I only have one copy, so the first member to send me a private message with your name and address will get it. The days are getting longer, and summer's on its way!

Rally on, Dudes! (and Dudettes!:D)

-Howie

EDIT: Congrats to our winner, new forum user "sumwon." This Karma is officially "closed." Thanks for your interest!

Last edited:
Dear Uncle Howie,

Great intro and better offer. You will be right at home here. All the inmates love SWAG!!

Thanks again for the Group Ride article on the Chartered Clubs page.

Look forward to meeting you in Redmond.

Dear Uncle Howie,

Great intro and better offer. You will be right at home here. All the inmates love SWAG!!

Thanks again for the Group Ride article on the Chartered Clubs page.

Look forward to meeting you in Redmond.

Hey, Bud-

That article was written by "Uncle Mark," not me!:nono

I normally go by "Howie," but of course that name was long gone by the time I joined the forum. I used "Uncle Howie" as kind of a joke, that was what some of my residents called me when I was an RA in the college dorm.

By the way, you don't have to wait until Redmond to meet me- I camped next to you at the Dells Rally! I was on the yellow GS, and my wife (Sandy) was on a black Honda Shadow.

None the less, I hope to see you at Redmond!

-Howie

Hey, Bud-

That article was written by "Uncle Mark," not me!:nono

I normally go by "Howie," but of course that name was long gone by the time I joined the forum. I used "Uncle Howie" as kind of a joke, that was what some of my residents called me when I was an RA in the college dorm.

By the way, you don't have to wait until Redmond to meet me- I camped next to you at the Dells Rally! I was on the yellow GS, and my wife (Sandy) was on a black Honda Shadow.

None the less, I hope to see you at Redmond!

-Howie

Howie!

Well now I'm really red faced with embarrassment. Got my "Uncles" confused and I should have known better. Of course I remember you and your wife from the Dell's Rally. You are from the warm, balmy region of MN where the skies are always blue and the temps never drop below riding weather. Right?

Is your wife still riding the Shadow or did she get something different? I remember you talked about a new bike for her last year.

Looking forward to seeing you again in Redmond. :wave

No worries, Bud. There are new names/faces to remember at every rally!

My wife is still looking at different bikes. The R1150R is a top contender, and the local dealer has a very nice example on consignment. We'll have to wait for the snow to melt, then she can have a test drive.

We're not in a hurry, but I would like to see her on something that has longer fuel range and is a little more adept at covering the miles. I need to make sure we're getting a bike she wants, and not just what I think she should want...:p

Since she has a nice bike right now, there's no hurry to get something w/o thinking it through. We'll be "trying on" some different bikes at the Cycle World show in Minneapolis in February.

See you in Redmond!

And the winner is...

New forum member "sumwon!":clap

He beat out our runner up by 2 hours and 56 minutes.

I hope "sumwon" gets some good use out of the book. It sounds like he is already making camping plans for this summer!

The book will go out this week.

Thanks for the interest everyone!

Back