• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fall to Winter Gloves

cuervo

I'm looking for something unlined for the fall that I can add a liner to for the winter. Preferably something short (as in not an extra-long gauntlet).

Any ideas?

My almost-ideal glove is plain old US GI Army gloves. Their one fault for me is that their web is cut too shallow so my thumbs always hurt after a long ride.

thanks

My almost-ideal glove is plain old US GI Army gloves. Their one fault for me is that their web is cut too shallow so my thumbs always hurt after a long ride.

"Women sized" gloves tend to be longer in the fingers and narrower across the back of the hand, making that "baggie" feel or "stubby in the finger" feel disappear. The outside appearence looks the same as all gloves,it's just 'cut" different.

Not what you are looking for...

But, I just bought some gloves sold by the Hot Grips people in Hamden, CT. They are leather plus cordura with thinsulate. The palms have no insulation so they are great with heated grips. Get them while you can as they only have some sizes left and the supplier in Pakistan is not shipping any more. They were less than $50!

I have a really nice pair of Olympias that I just picked up a pair of ultrathin windstoper ski-type gloves that fit perfect under the Olympias. I say find the gloves you want to wear on the inside and THEN buy the outer gloves.
Chris

Back