• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

It's snowing, again!!!!

We have had subfreezing temps and buried with snow for weeks. The weekend before snows hit I rode the RT on a sunny 24 degree day to Dad's farm about 75 miles away. There it sits today in his garage. Now with temperatures rising and some clear roads there is hope for the next ride!

I almost saw the ground last week, then the flurries started. I was still hopeful that global warming would hasten the arrival of riding season, but last night the temp dropped back into the teens and we got another six inches of fluff.

My wife is a skier and this really makes her happy, so it's considered bad form for me to mope about additional snow.

Yesterday I was making fun of the local weather forcasters.
They had said "Saturday 50% chance of snow, Sunday 80% chance"
Yesterday it was sunny and over 50f, it was nice.
Our BMW group went to our Saturday dinner and we had just a light rain-snow when we went home.
Right now we have a foot of snow, it should stop this afternoon.

Getting lake effect now......Can't see more than 20 feet! I feel for those that get it all winter.:hungover

Hey all; A fairly mild winter here in northern Michigan. Only about 2 foot of snow on the ground, with temps in the upper twenties or low thirties. Have had the hack out several times in the last week or two, very short rides, but rides none the less. Spring is right around the corner,( so I've been told,) but I am having a tough time believing it!!! On the bright side, haven't seen a bug in months!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Had a spring shower Thursday:

832549277_oN4FD-M.jpg

832541385_ZUcRA-M.jpg

It's nice today,

832556277_riZJY-M.jpg

but there's more snow on the way.

Last edited:
Back