• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Weekend Get Away in Hermann Missouri

I do not have a bike yet(still lookin),but I plan to drive over and camp out for the night.Promised the boys I would take them camping and the wife loves going to the wineries.Cannot wait to hang out around the Beemers and get the wife interested in touring.Any lady bikers showing up I could use your help getting her interested.:bow

Are you organizing a scavenger hunt, will your get away include door prizes?
While it is free to go to Hermann, I'm sure there has to be some advantage in paying the 65 dollars. Who can explain?

You get the "opportunity to ride with members of the BMWMOA staff".:whistle

May 7th - 9th is a little early in the year for me to travel that far on a motorcycle at my age. Maybe if they had it at the end of May I would have attended. Early May is too unpredictable weather wise for me to make a decision now.

May 7th - 9th is a little early in the year for me to travel that far on a motorcycle at my age. Maybe if they had it at the end of May I would have attended. Early May is too unpredictable weather wise for me to make a decision now.

I believe Hermann has OctoberFest the third week of that month.I am told U do not want to be anywhere near there at that time.:hungover:dance:groovy

Herriman

Well my bride and I will be there to celebrate Mother's Day probably entrentched at the Local Camp Park, but there will be no MUD, Paul! See everyone there or as they say: "Be there or be Square"!!

Dick Hautau

Hermann

Wife and I were just there visiting the wineries:buds,nice little place but I hope the grass starts growin soon at the park or it will be The Big Muddy even with a small amount of rain.

Hermann Weekend Getaway

We can't wait to see our registered attendees this weekend in Hermann!

You are all encouraged to visit Time for Pie located at 4th and Schiller streets when you get to town. You can order up a slice of heaven a la mode and visit with the friendly shop owner. Many of the local businesses know that we're coming to town and are excited to showcase their fares to us.

We've got some great rides planned, and will have the MSF Smart Trainer on site for our attendees to use. You'll get to meet BMW MOA Board members, the Executive Director and Media Editor, and enjoy some delicious German food on Saturday night.

Ride safely, and we'll see you in Hermann!:bikes

Hermann

Dick Hautau, Ambasador Liaison will be there to enjoy the event and local food selections. Hope to see many of you MOA members.
Dick:clap

I will be there Fri. afternoon with a possible new member,but I will not be signing up 4 the activities.I will camp on Fri and stay at a B&B with wife when she shows up Sat. night...Hey its MOTHERS DAY,at least she is letting me go:deal.
But I still hope to see a lot of members there.

The Hermann Weekend Getaway is an event limited to 100 registered guests with an associated fee. Just like the National rally or any chartered club rally if a person attends they are expected to pay the gate or event fee. Participants also need to be registered for insurance liability purposes.

If anyone plans to attend and is not already registered call the Hqtrs Office at 1-636-394-7277 to see if there are openings. I hope this clarifies the attendence policy for the Weekend Getaways.

Chuck Manley
Director, BMWMOA

Last edited:
The wife and I planned this long ago.I will not be riding with any groups from BMW MOA.Met up with someone a while back and had this set up.We were going to be there on our own.
Sorry for any miss understandings.

I'll probably be riding though Hermann on my R75 at like 4pm on Saturday..

Wife does not show up until 7pm on the train (she will ride back with me),maybe we'll see each other at the camp site before then.I'll have the green tent...maybe green was a bad idea 4 a color!:bottle

Hermann Weekend Getaway

To all:

It was a wonderful well planned weekend enjoyed by those in attendance. The roads in the area were great and so is the wine from many of the local Wineries, the Chocolate House candy off the hook, excellent German style Saturday night dinner:german, nice scavenger hunt with prizes to the winner and runner up, Door prizes galore including a new BMW GPS Nav 5 (can you believe), training on the Simulator Trainer with critic from Roger Wiles and several other experts and above all GREAT WEATHER...be it a tad cool sleeping under the stars my wife informed me.:violin

Those in attendance hope to return again next year, and if you did not make it this year, start planning for next year!:dance

Great Job in planning by our BMWMOA St Louis staff and special thanks to Mandy Langston:thumb

Dick Hautau
Ambassador Liaison

It was a little cool at night,but what a great time during the daylight hours.I am glad to here there will be another next year.This time I sign up even if the wife stays at a B&B again.:hug.And hay at least with the wind at night I did'nt need to bring my sound machine.:snore

Back