• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

PandoraÔÇÖs January 2010 STREET vs DIRT Capture the Flag event in Chattanooga

01RedRider

This will be the first of many PandoraÔÇÖs events designed to provide customers the opportunity to use their
machines as they were designed by the manufacturers. All bike make and models are welcome.
Secondary purpose of this event is to dial in suspension of customer bikes (I will explain further below).
There will be two teams, ÔÇÿStreetÔÇÖ and ÔÇÿDirtÔÇÖ. Both teams will depart from the parking lot in the same wave, we
will all ride together to and up Suck Creek until our routes fork, at which time the Dirt team will split off into
Prentice Cooper, and the Street team will continue on around the mountain to find their flag. This is not a race,
but the winning team will be the one that makes it back to the shop with the flag first. In the name of
competition I have designed the routes to be near equal time-wise (2.5 hrs.) All team members must be in the
parking lot before they are considered to have ÔÇÿreturnedÔÇÖ with the flag. Each member of the winning team will
be entered into a raffle for a free Scorpion helmet.
I will have a flag hidden on each route, the object is to locate and take possession of the flag, one rider from
the team must ride with the flag displayed back to the shop again all riders from each team must be in the
shop parking lot in order to have fully ÔÇÿreturnedÔÇÖ.
The flags can only be located by GPS Coordinates, which I will provide the morning of the event. I know most
of you have GPS Units; we will also have PandoraÔÇÖs Demo bikes in each team that are equipped with such
hardware.
As a complimentary feature we will be offering to set up suspension of customer bikes from
8-9:00am before we depart the parking lot. After the event Customers are urged to provide our Tech team with
feedback so we can further adjust settings to your liking. The purpose of this is to help Customers not only
improve their riding skills but also extract the most potential out of their machines.
Note this event is a fair weather event, if Saturday the 23rd is poor weather we will reschedule for Sunday the
24th..if the weekend is a wash then we will push it to another weekend.
Event Itinerary (please arrive at the shop gassed up):
8:00-8:30am Event registration at PandoraÔÇÖs European Motorsports
8:30-8:45am Route review, communication of GPS Coordinates for flags.
8:45-9:15am Wrap up suspension jobs, Saddle up, Departure
12pm Burgers and soda at the shop, raffle drawing for winning team, beleaguering of losing
team
Registrations the morning of the event are welcome, though I am compiling a rider list. If you would like to
participate please send a note to justin.prann@pandorasmotorsports.com containing the following info:
Name
Phone number
Make and model of bike you will be riding
Team you wish to ride for (Street or Dirt)
There is no entry fee for this event, however there is an optional $5 donation bucket to offset costs of hosting
and burgers

4784 Highway 58 ÔÇô Chattanooga, TN 37416
ph (423) 468-4104 fax (423) 468-4089
www.pandorasmotorsports.com
THE ULTIMATE RIDING MACHINEÔäó

Hope to be there, will have to be cheerleader, off the GSA for a couple of weeks. Having a 'scope' on knee this week...the "GS two step" was getting harder to do.

Hope to see you folks there...

I'm glad I'm the first to report on this event. It was GREAT!!! We are so privleged to have a new dealership with such a great commitment to their customers. I would say there were close to 50 (maybe more I'm bad at counts) who came out. A great representation from Northern Alabama, a good showing from the Knoxville area and then three of the best professional trainers from the BMW Motorad Training Center in Greenville, SC. Everybody had a super time. It's a very promising start for Pandora's and I'm thrilled they have a genuine interest in the folks around here.

Hopefully this is the first of many gatherings.

I stopped by there today for a few hours just to say "hello" and check things out. I was very surprised at the turnout they had. I wish them well and plan on using them as my "local dealer." They are also a Ducati dealer and had a lot of them on the floor. From what I understand, the new BMW's should be in shortly. Here are a few pics from today.

P1030830Custom.jpg

P1030834Custom.jpg

P1030831Custom.jpg

P1030835Custom.jpg

P1030828Custom.jpg

P1030818Custom.jpg

Thanks

Don,
Thanks for posting the photos, they are great. Would you mind posting them on the Chattanooga Riders thread? Derek and I enjoyed talking with you and hope we can ride together soon.
Thanks,
Steve

Back