• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

International Motorcycle show!

Fritzc

Did anyone here attend the International M/C show in Novi, MI (Detroit area) last weekend? Most of our members thought it was a dud and waste of money. Anyone else? How about other locations? BMWNA was not at the show nor Triumph, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, etal.:violin
One bright spot: We did sign up 60 new or renewing members of the MOA!!!:hug:thumb

Did anyone here attend the International M/C show in Novi, MI (Detroit area) last weekend? Most of our members thought it was a dud and waste of money. Anyone else? How about other locations? BMWNA was not at the show nor Triumph, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, etal.:violin
One bright spot: We did sign up 60 new or renewing members of the MOA!!!:hug:thumb

I didn't go since I'm going to see it at the Big Gig. I went last year and even with BMW there, it still seemed rather "blah". Nice job signing up the new members, though! :thumb

Trying to fit in the NY show at the Javitts center - hopefully work and obligations will cooperate.....

These are very tough times for the motorcycle industry. Many vendors and manufactures are having to make hard choices about how much to spend on promotion - and where. For me, it's important to support those who are still displaying at the shows. The more *riders* who attend, the sooner missing vendors will return. BMW MOA memberships from the International Motorcycle Shows as been very close to last year, so clearly the enthusiasm of those attending is still very high.

I went. I had a nice time, though without some of the major manufacturers, it seemed kinda small.

Attachments

• showpic.jpg
    showpic.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 243
Did anyone here attend the International M/C show in Novi, MI (Detroit area) last weekend? Most of our members thought it was a dud and waste of money. Anyone else? BMWNA was not at the show nor Triumph, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, etal.:violin

I went and and thought it was a dud too. I wanted to see the Italian bikes. In addition to not seeing the other brands I was subjected to constant harrasment like being asked if that bike had ABS or does that one have ABS by my brother-in-law and his "man-crush" who i might add were both wearing there orange and black costumes!! :banghead

Last edited:
Wife and I are driving up to the Greenville IMS this weekend. We have a specific purpose for going, as she is looking for a replacement sport-tourer for her VFR. She wants to see the new VFR, although after which she's pretty certain she'll be at our local BMW/Ducati dealer, plunking down a deposit on a new 2010 BMW R1200RT...

That is too bad about Detroit. The Long Beach CA show was fine. Smaller than last year I am told, but still a good show. BMW was there and gave out coupons for goodies (hats, ect..) from your local BMW dealer. But Long Beach is probably their biggest show.

That is too bad about Detroit. The Long Beach CA show was fine. Smaller than last year I am told, but still a good show. BMW was there and gave out coupons for goodies (hats, ect..) from your local BMW dealer. But Long Beach is probably their biggest show.

Actually New York is the biggest, followed by Long Beach. The big surprise could very well be the new venue at Daytona during Bike Week.

If BMW, Guzzi, Triumph, etc., were no shows what manufacturers were there? Harley? Victory? Japanese bikes? I like all brands but my primary interest lies with the Euro rides. I would find the show of little interest.

After last year's Novi show I knew I wouldn't go this year. It was a shadow of what it had been in previous years. No BMW presence combined with word none of the Piaggio brands would be there sealed the deal. None of the manufacturers that built my bikes were there. Glad I didn't waste my time.

If BMW, Guzzi, Triumph, etc., were no shows what manufacturers were there? Harley? Victory? Japanese bikes? I like all brands but my primary interest lies with the Euro rides. I would find the show of little interest.

Victory was not there.

Harley, Japanese 4, Ducati, some chinese brand and a few customs too.

Greenville show.

Greenville show was fairly good yesterday. Good size spectator crowd. All the major bike manufactures were represented, even Triumph which seems to me to miss most of the shows I have attended.
BMW was represented by Touring Sport of Greenville and they had the new race bike, smaller then I thought it would be.
The Greenville police was represented by one motor officer and his 1200 RT. I asked him about the bike's seat, which was stock and he said after an hour it just killed him so he would stop and take a break, the department won't spring for a custom seat.
All in all a good show I thought with this economy.

Back