• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Track Day at 2005 National Rally?

merrittgene

2006 K1200GT, 1986 K100
I see that the 2004 schedule included track days and MSF classes before the rally officially started.

With Mid-Ohio so close to Lima, will there be track day classes available?

Thanks.

Track Day?

Hiya Gene ---

Actually, I had not given it any thought. Hmmmm. So -- is there any interest out there?

Sue

There is a short gap between Vintage Days, and the rally. Seems like a nice fit in between!

:thumb

I am game for a track day, and they are cheaper and easier to schedule during the week. Might try some of the organizers ans see if they can set something up.

Sign me up.

I am "game". I did my first track laps at the Finger Lakes rally, OHHHH what a thrill on a 1977 R100RS.

MG

BTW, if you have never been to Mid Ohio, it is a wonderful facility, long straights, elevation changes, and just a really nice venue overall. I would love to do a track day there.

Vintage days

I went to the Vintage Days races this past summer. I wanted soooo bad to get out there with those guys. That track is awesome, but I was a motorsport track virgin at that point.

MG

Re: Sign me up.

wvcajun said:
I am "game". I did my first track laps at the Finger Lakes rally, OHHHH what a thrill on a 1977 R100RS.

MG

Did you get your $10 worth? I did, on the first lap! That was a riot! :lol The guy said 3 laps, 3 wide, no passing!:rofl Those 3 laps went pretty quick. I was just getting into it. 115mph on the front & back straight's on the 2nd & 3rd laps. :wow

I would be interested in track day at Mid-Ohio!

We are ON it

We have a member of our top-notch team of volunteers already working on it!

Rock ON!
:rocker

Mid-Ohio schedule

AMA Sports already has their Road Race event scheduled for Mid-Ohio on July 18-20. AMA Pro Racing rolls into Mid-Ohio Thursday July 21st for the weekend Superbike race. Don't know if they actually use the track Thursday, though.

Eddie

Lorazepam is cooking something up. Be patient.... Soon (VERY SOON) you will see some news that may interest you.

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
Lorazepam is cooking something up. Be patient.... Soon (VERY SOON) you will see some news that may interest you.

You go Lorazepam!! :clap I'm trying to be patient. I've been watching this thread for the last 10 days hoping for some news. Can you give us a hint?

Grant
Rochester, NY

Mid-O

been going to mid-ohio very regularly for 10 years now. work the corners with CRC and SCCA.... very good times.

With the dates mentioned earlier I wouldn't get yer hopes up on being able to get on the track. they usually have some bike schools scheduled between the vintage and superbike weekends.

have also contacted the track previously to see what it would take to rent the joint..... 10g's plus!!!. Michelle (owner) likes to make sure her goldmine produces. :D

Maybe Nelson Ledges? that's only a few hours from Lima.

LECFlagger said:
have also contacted the track previously to see what it would take to rent the joint..... 10g's plus!!!. Michelle (owner) likes to make sure her goldmine produces. :D

Nothing wrong with making a profit. Also having done a few events (concerts actually) at outdoor venue, typically most of that money is taken up in staffing... of courseI am sure if we all pitched in a dollar we could rent the track :thumb

hey grease mud skid demon - where the heck you been? painting your new house and all??

I have problems with Target Fixation that I need to work on. I get distracted easily.

Attachments

• Target fix.JPG
    Target fix.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 163
Back