• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dreaming of summer

More day light!

OK, looks like people are in their mid-winter doldrums! Is there a pulse out there?

My boyfriend is doing maintance and I am making reservations for our rooms along the road this summer. At least planning and dreaming is better than inactivity!

We had our first snow the first weekend of December, early for us. Three consecutive weeknds of snow or icy precipitation. One snowfall was 2 feet+. Figured it was time to give up for a few weeks, and I took the shocks off the bike for a rebuild. A few other minor projects are on the list: install the new PIAAs from Santa, clean/wax the bike (a first!), replace the headlight bulb with HID, and install the laminar lip I got in October.

I hope to wrap those all up in the next week-10 days, then wait for the roads to be clear for a ride. Though we got another 5 inches of snow yesterday.

Waiting...

Yeah, a lot of waiting! And wishing it was warm and I was ten pounds lighter! At least it's February and it's a short month.

Here's a shot from June 2009 up on Ophir Pass between Ouray and Telluride. I was on my Yamaha XT250, but a couple of the guys were on GS's

573752153_TEUv7-M.jpg

That's Ed on the Yamaha and my my husband, Jan on the yellow DRZ. Their other bikes are RT's.

This is Ranger Barker. He pulled Danny and I over for speeding on the dirt road up to Yankee Boy Basin.

573752714_49LjM-M.jpg

This is my friend Joel, on his GS on Ophir Pass.

573752422_Ju3Yt-M.jpg

Canyonlands, May 2009. Although it wasn't really summer, the weather was perfect!

534453630_imoq7-M.jpg

Fish Lake Loop, near Torrey, Utah.

540764391_owXsc-M.jpg

There are more, but I'm probably already out of line. Hope these help.

All right! Great pics! Now we're talking! Sometimes in the depth of winter living vicariously is best one can hope for.
I see you are from Uath! I went to graduate school in Logan. I wasn't a rider then. We did the Canyon last summer and I saw it in a whole new light!

There are more, but I'm probably already out of line. Hope these help.

Are you kidding? More, we want more. You have some nice pics there Bullett.
I can't believe it's been 2 months since I was on my RT. Dreaming of summer...............or even spring.
Spent a few hours yesterday with some club friends planning the Chicken Rally ride. :dance

Here's one on Wolf Creek Pass, Utah 35

177091701_rez4b-M.jpg

I really like this one, from my last ride in October:

751160062_LzHmf-M.jpg

I rediscovered East Canyon last fall after my husband broke his leg:

677588968_qNcR9-M.jpg

685106721_t3ZCW-M.jpg

Back to summer, American Fork Canyon:

163934743_WPikZ-M.jpg

163934950_uDiK5-M.jpg

Big Cottonwood Canyon is close to our house:

195597540_PQrmy-M.jpg

195597238_kjJUy-M.jpg

Great photos! I used to take many more photos when I was on the back. I even used to have him drop me off to sketch while he did the twisties a few times! Now that I ride my own I hardly ever take the time to pull over. Now all I want to do is ride!

I know what you mean malazka. There is tension between taking pictures and riding. Sometimes we will ride the canyon twice, once for the ride and then take pictures, or vice versa. I usually try to take pictures when I pull off to turn around or scenic overlooks. This winter is the first one that we really haven't been able to do much riding. We trailered the bikes to Beatty, Nevada a few weeks ago, it was my husbands first time back on the bike.

768016887_MqJCe-M.jpg

This one's from the truck as we arrived back in Salt Lake

771353999_Exq2M-M.jpg

lOVING the photos and the dreaming. Paul and I are just back from "summer" in New Zealand and Hawaii! I even got a sunburn. Now all I can do is sMILE!

Rained all day here in the desert, but riding tomorrow. And sorting photos :brad

Voni
sMiling

Sitting here looking at my new riding boots that I got for Christmas and outside the sun is glinting off of the ice and snow from a record blizzard that swept through the Dakotas.

What would really cheer me up is hearing some "visuals" from your favorite rides. Like coming off Togwotee Pass and seeing the Tetons shimmering in the sun. Or that strange shoe tree outside of Mt. Vernon, OR or the road down into Flaming Gorge.

Sigh! Summer is so far away.

I hate those long winters with no chance to ride, so far our winter has been super mild. We are heading from Washington state to Daytona beach bike week in 2 weeks. You are welcom to follow us on our blog my husband rides a triumph sprint & I ride a K1200GT our blog site is 3digitadventures.blogspot.com

Now you're in MY country ; )

My sig picture was taken near Mule Ears!

Voni
sMiling

I'm getting anxious!!! 4-5 more weeks before my baby comes out of winter storage. Can't wait. Thanks ladies (& gents) for keeping the dream alive.
Great photos Bullett. Especially the swithback one. Beautiful.

Thanks everybody. Its been fun looking at a few pictures and reliving some great rides, but now I'm getting really antsy to go riding. :wave

Back