• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

X number of peaks over X number of feet in Colorado

tmag907

Would someone please give me the info on a rally that takes place in Colorado. They do something like 12 peaks over 12K feet. I can't even remember the month. Thanks and Merry Christmas

Yup, you're mixing events.

I am a HUGE fan of both events and their supporters. The Colorado 100,000 foot ride this year was about 400 miles (one day) in perfect weather and TOR is ..... well ..... an institution. Talk about riding twisties!! :bikes

Again my prejudices are showing!

I am a HUGE fan of both events and their supporters. The Colorado 100,000 foot ride this year was about 400 miles (one day) in perfect weather and TOR is ..... well ..... an institution. Talk about riding twisties!! :bikes

Again my prejudices are showing!

Having ridden a fair amount of the front range this summer, while visiting my daughter (lives in Castle Rock), you go right ahead and brag............

You have every right to - beautiful state!! :clap

Having ridden a fair amount of the front range this summer, while visiting my daughter (lives in Castle Rock), you go right ahead and brag............

You have every right to - beautiful state!! :clap

Thanks but it's not easy living here. Every time I throw a leg over one of my bikes I have decide which beautiful road to ride. I sometimes spend seconds or even minutes agonizing over "should I go north, should I go west, should I go south, should I go southwest, northwest, etc.,?"

Boy, it's tough I tell ya!:p:dance

Hopefully, the 100K foot route this year will avoid using part of the same route that the Copper Triangle bicycle race is using. Last year the route covered part of the Copper Triangle route and it was a cluster. We sometimes had bikes four abreast coming down from Tennessee Pass. I counted at least six Colorado State troopers along that section.

According to the Copper Triangle website their race is slated for 7 Aug 2010.

That was the only negative of the whole ride. A great way to see some fantastic scenery. :thumb

Mr. Warthog sir

Yea ... and you ride the twisties faster than even some of those bicycles did !! :dance :wave

Fortunately that New Mexico F 650 GS saved us both from that CHP trooper after we passed that pick-up pulling the trailer.......:dance

Back