• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Favorite Christmas Cookie recipes

knary

looking for a coal mine
Let's see 'em.

We have three or four recipes we usually make each year. I grew up with the ginger molasses cookies (almost bitter but oh so sweet). Recipe coming. Erin grew up with...

Biscochos

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup anise seeds
cinnamon sugar

1. Cream sugar and butter
2. Add Beaten eggs
3. Combine baking powder, salt, flour, anise
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients
5. chill dough, 2 hours+
6. create balls of dough (an inch or less), roll in cinnamon sugar, press flat on cookie sheet.
7. bake 6 to 10 minutes, 400??F. Keep an eye on them, they can burn easily.

p.s. Before someone beats me to the punch, I am a stupid stupid head. :D

p.p.s. If it makes anyone feel better, call them holiday cookies. :ha

Springerles. My dad used to make them every winter.

4 eggs
2 cups of sifted sugar
4 cups of sifted bread flour
1/8 tsp. anise oil (Not extract. Get at a pharmacy, maybe)

Beat eggs until light.
Add sugar gradually and beat until creamy
Add anise oil.
Add flour gradually.

Dough will be very stiff. Roll dough about 1/4 inch thick with springerle rolling pin (has little pictures carved into it). Cut cookies apart and place on cookie sheet for 12 hours to dry.

Bake on lightly buttered sheet at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes. Bottoms should be light golden. The cookies themselves will not change color much.

Hey you stupid head. :hug

Don't call them Holiday cookies, they are Christmas cookies. :dance

Gonna try them. Thanks. :thumb

I make the kind that are in a bag. add an egg and some oil and their ready to bake. I made Peanut Butter yesterday...:dance

Chocolate Shortbread Cookies

Direct from the Kraft Kitchen, and oh so good.

I made these for the first time this Christmas and everyone liked them very much.

2 cups butter, softened
1 3/4 cups icing sugar, divided
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup corn starch
6 squares premium 70% cacao Dark Chocolate (I used regular unsweetened)
coarsely chopped

Heat oven to 350F.
Beat butter and 1 cup icing sugar until light and fluffy.
Add flour and cornstarch; mix well. (You may need more flour. If the dough is too sticky the cookies will not hold their shape when baked).
Stir in chopped chocolate.
Roll dough into 1" balls and place 2" apart on cookie sheets.
Flatten balls slightly with bottom of a glass (floured).
Bake about 13 minutes or until centres are set; cool on baking sheets for 5 min.
Add warm cookies, 1 at a time to remaining sugar; turn to coat evenly.
Cool on wire racks

Makes approx 5-6 dozen.:eat

Back