• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2010 Redmond Oregon Rally

bmwDeb

Greetings,

This is an introduction to a thread to start an exchange to try and answer questions specifically related to the BMW MOA International Rally in 2010.

My name is Deb Lower (BMWDeb) and I have been asked by the MOA Board to chair the 2010 Rally Chair. I have chaired 2 other MOA rallys and served on the MOA Board of Directors for numerous years, as President, Vice President, Secretary, and briefly as Treasurer. I live Colorado Springs and work in Indianapolis. My primary rides are R1200GS (now lowered) and R1150RS. I’m a novice at using the Forum, but experienced in chairing International Rallies. I will be ably assisted by Stan Herman, Rally Co-Chair. Stan (Wanderer) has lots of Forum experience and held key volunteer roles at the 2008 and 2009 Rallys. Stan lives in Pueblo and rides an R1150GS.

The Rally Committee Chairs and a large array of tireless volunteers are required to pull off an event like the Rally. We are especially thankful that Committee Chairs with years of experience in their roles are helping in Redmond and we have new folks who are chairing their committee for the first time. The BMW Riders of Oregon (BMWRO) are enthusiastic about the Rally returning to Redmond, and are helping us get the word out about all the wonderful things to do in Central Oregon.

For those who are not aware, the 2010 rally will be held in central Oregon at the Deschutes Fair and Expo Center http://www.expo.deschutes.org July 15-18, 2010. The Expo Center is located in Redmond, Oregon which is close to Bend, Sisters, Mt. Bachelor and a host of very interesting roads and attractions. This area of Central Oregon offers some of the best riding in the Pacific Northwest!

In the coming months there will be a lot of information about the area and the rally available here and on the MOA website and in your ON magazine.

We have several new events to offer – just one of them being the Redmond 1000, an IBA Saddlesore 1000 with 3 starting locations and all converging on Redmond. More details at http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=41250.

I hope you will make plans now to join us in Central Oregon at the 4R Rally. We are going to Ride, Rally and Relax in Redmond. We sure know how to do all of these and the Redmond community wants us to enjoy their spectacular scenery, climate and enthusiasm for outdoor activities. I can promise you that your Rally Chair, Co-Chair, Committee Chairs, MOA staff and volunteers will do all we can to make this the best rally ever!

Now, it is your turn to use the Forum to ask questions, provide suggestions. You will get a response from BMWDeb or Wanderer or if your comment or question is specific to a specific area, the committee chair may respond.

Don’t be bashful about speaking out - we all have a common goal to make the 4R Rally a great one!

Deb Lower
BMW MOA 2010 4R Rally Chair
Save the Dates – July 15 – 18, 2010

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,334
Last edited:
4R Rally

Cool logo!!! Of course I may be a bit biased.

As Deb said we are here to make this the best rally possible. We really do want your input. Please, let's hear your ideas and concerns and we will do our best to answer them or refer them to a committee that may have far more information on a given subject than either Deb or I. We may not be able to accomodate every request made but it won't be because we haven't tried.

As always, we hold a volunteer driven event. Starting very soon the committee chair list will be posted and contact information will be provided for you to become part of the event. If you know a lot of people or no one in the MOA, volunteering is a fantastic way to meet new friends.

I sincerly hope to see everyone reading this in Redmond next July!

Last edited:
I think the correct link to the fairgrounds is this one.

Looking forward to joining you, Deb and Stan, and several thousand other of my closest friends in Redmond next July.

Holly

Holly,

The website has been updated in my post.

Thanks,;)

Deb Lower
BMW MOA 2010 4R Rally Chair
Save the Dates ÔÇô July 15 ÔÇô 18, 2010

Holly

Denver should be fine but we head out Tuesday for St. Louis. I'm really glad your plans changed and you'll be in Redmond instead of Belgium next July. Your "job" is very compatible in Redmond. We'll talk later. :thumb

Denver should be fine but we head out Tuesday for St. Louis. I'm really glad your plans changed and you'll be in Redmond instead of Belgium next July. Your "job" is very compatible in Redmond. We'll talk later. :thumb

Yes, I'm glad I'll be in Redmond too. Now all I have to do is pass the exam!

Music Suggestions

Curious about music for the Rally. I think this group would be perfect for the rally crowd and they are in Oregon fairly often (based in Cali). Here is the booking link.

http://rickestrin.com/contact.html

utube videos can be found under both Rick Estrin and the Nightcats as well as former band name Little Charlie and the Nightcats.

Portland has a active music scene, the Cascade Blues Association could be an invaluable resource to the rally chair in charge of music.

http://www.cascadeblues.org/joomla/

I'm sure a German band could be found in Mt. Angel OR. not that I want to hear polka music all night but might be fun.

As varied as the musical tastes are (see what are you listening to today thread) would you (rally chair) consider throwing band selection suggestion open to the general membership?

Just random thoughts on a slow rainy day at work.

Thanks for the referral! I have forwarded your post to the entertainment chair. I know he's still looking for more acts.

:thumb

What about Stage Coach West? They are really good and have done our rallies before.
Martin.
Volunteer Committee chair.

Martin

They've been discussed for months. You didn't really think Deb would forget Stage Coach West did you?

Thanks Martin, for all you do!

I've never been to a rally before, so excuse me if this is a stupid question. Is the first day of the rally (july 15, in this case) mostly an arrival day for attendees with few activities, or do most people arrive the day or evening before?

Not a stupid question at all Bigsur. Registration opens mid-day Wednesday the 14th. There is a full slate of activities beginning early on the 15th. Many folks arrive on Wednesday. Set up volunteers start work even earlier.

Something that does often suprise 1st time rally goers is how fast the place turns into a ghost town on Sunday.

Not a stupid question at all Bigsur. Registration opens mid-day Wednesday the 14th. There is a full slate of activities beginning early on the 15th. Many folks arrive on Wednesday. Set up volunteers start work even earlier.

Something that does often suprise 1st time rally goers is how fast the place turns into a ghost town on Sunday.

Tagging onto this reply. The Chartered Club Leadership Summit will be held all day on Wednesday and most folks attending will arrive on the 13th. Look for more info on the Chartered Club web page and forum.

Back