• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75 hard luggage/panniers

Lots of great ideas in this thread.

Tessler (12/17) is right about a bag liner - at least in one side for clothes and toiletries when touring.

Ron Cooper and Ted are both right on about how to get the cases on and off. They just forgot to mention how you have to hold your mouth right and then fiddle a bit. The ONLY person who could steal your cases is another BMW owner - even if you don't lock the cases to the bike, though I can't think of any reason not to.

Ted, I didn't realize my Shoei would fit in the case - but it does. Great idea for stops on local rides!

Ted, your remark about hard luggage being leg savers had never occured to me before and I've never read it elsewhere. I've had two motorcycle accidents (a low speed low-side, and a low speed head-on collision with another motorcyclist.) I emerged totally unscathed from the first - I, to this day, don't know how, and was able to ride the bike home. It cost about $1000 to fix the plastic and replace the "engine protection" bar on the left side and also fix the left saddle bag. The second collision totalled my K75 and did bad things to my left leg; now almost totally healed. That collision caused me and the bike to topple to the right. While the engine protection bar was probably helpful, I never even thought about that right saddle case being helpful in preventing further injury. I'm almost certain it did. This idea deserves wider circulation.

If you live in a cold climate where your bikes are not ridden for 4-6 months of the year, I would suggest that you remove that plastic hard luggage and keep them someplace above freezing. Not scientific, I know, but many plastics get brittle in freezing temps. Why take the chance?

I don't think I'd be overly concerned about cold. These bikes were designed and built in Northern Europe. Not exactly the tropics!

Cold didn't crack mine.

I low sided mine on a frozen bridge (long story), didn't crack the bag just scraped it up.

Back