• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Las Vegas 3rd wk in feb, rent or buy?

Hey gang
Headed out to Vegas for school vacation on the 3rd wek of Feb, I am a teacher. I also plan to come west from Boston this summer to make a big loop from Vegas to santa fe NM up to Colorado and so on. My question is do any of you know of a good bmw for sale from a club member in the Vegas area. I would rather buy than rent. After my trip I could leave it in Parker Arizona at my brothers river house and use it for future trips. What do you think?
Thanks in advance for any replys
BRIAN

Check Craig's list & Cycle Trader on-line to get an idea of prices for used bikes vs renting a bike. Ride Safe :usa :usa

If you are interested, I have a 2003 K1200GT for sale. The bike is set up for LD touring with new tires, Ohlins, HID low beam and much much more, including an aux 5 gal fuel cell mounted on a GIVI rack.

Located in Yuma, Parker and LV not that far away. Delivery possible.

OR

LV BMW dealership rents BMW's. Do not know the costs, but LV is a popular destination/ start point for m/c touring. The HD dealership does a large business w/ rentals

bob

Las Vegas

Hi Bob
Thanks for the reply. Im looking for something cheap. Your bike sounds a little much for me.
So if you know anyone looking unload a nice old beemer, let me know
Thanks
Brian

rent or buy

Hi
Just bought an r80rt and it's being delivered to Las Vegas. Bought it from a club member and it's being shipped to another club member that is helping me out with storage untill I get there. This club is great.
The plan is to ride a few days this Febuary, three weeks this summer in the S West and A week next winter. After that who knows. I just feel better riding my own bike instead of a rental and when I am done I can sell it and get some of my money back.
Later
Brian 9842

Back