• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift

I received a mailer from Harbor Freight today. The lift is $299.99. And yes, the flier has a 20% off coupon. Yes, there are better lifts out there, but boy, I love mine, and use it for all sorts of other projects, too.

John Gallagher
Danville, CA

Found one nearby on Craigslist, like it, modified it to work great with 85 K100RS on center stand. I used slotted angle to extend the front tire "stop" to allow it to roll back on the center stand and the stand is positioned to still allow the rear tire trap door to be removed. IMG_2342.jpg

Nice looking equipment for a minor bump in cost..Thanks.

You are most welcome. They have some really good deals on other equipment as well. I was looking at their tire machines, you can't buy a used COATS unit for the price of their new ones. But depends on how many tires one does in a year.

I can't picture why it wouldn't work. 90% of the time I'm using mine for non-motorcycle related projects :whistle
OM

It depends on your car's ground clearance. With the chocks and front wheel stop in place, it's about ten inches high. If you remove those when not in use, it's about eight inches. I remove the chocks and stop and store it under my sidecar.

Dang! Isn't 65 the age at which you're supposed to be getting hid of sh*t, instead of buying more? :scratch

Guess I'd better be clearing out a spot in the shop...

I use mine as a workbench sometimes too. Of course, if I cleared off my real workbench I could use it...

I've thought about leaning the lift against the wall when not in use but was concerned about the jack fluid leaking. Any issue with that? Do you lay it on it's side or stand it on end? Come to think about it, it's pretty heavy to stand on end...

At any rate, it's a handy thing to have, it was $300 well spent.

I use mine as a workbench sometimes too. Of course, if I cleared off my real workbench I could use it...

I've thought about leaning the lift against the wall when not in use but was concerned about the jack fluid leaking. Any issue with that? Do you lay it on it's side or stand it on end? Come to think about it, it's pretty heavy to stand on end...

At any rate, it's a handy thing to have, it was $300 well spent.

I have not had issues with it leaking. Your right on the heavy thing. I unbolt the wheel chock and lean it on the side.

Back