Thread: Sidi boot size

Sidi boot size

I bought a pair of Sidi boots from another one of the members, they say they are US 11, I wear a 11 in just about everything, but my toes are all up in the end of these boots, they've got to go. I was just wondering before I think about another pair, do the size usually run small or is it just this pair.

I wear I size 10.5 shoe, sizing chart says 44 wil fit in reality size 45 is much more comfortable

Likely it is the style of that particular boot, but I'm sure there are some variables. I normally wear a size 11.5 shoe (size B) and I bought a new pair of New Balance shoes. Something wasn't right and they worked with me for the longest time trying to widen the area across the balls of my feet. I couldn't wait to get out of those shoes whenever I got home. In the end, I went to a size 12 and all is good. The extra length also comes with a wider toe section allowing it to fit my feet.

I don't think a given size has a universal dimension. Every manufacturer does things a little different and ever foot is just a little different, too. In your case, I'd probably consider another 1/2 size increase.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I think Sidi boots are marked European sizes. There seems to be a little bit of overlap in the conversion to U.S. sizing, which can be a bit of a challenge when you can't try them on.

Mine seem pretty true to size. They are a 10 (European 44), and the fit well. I normally wear a 10 or 10.5, depending on the shoe. They are 10 years old (and holding up quite well, but I don't do a lot of walking in them) so things might be a little different now.
    Gary
    Casa Grande, AZ
    2016 R1200RT

Sidi

I suggest going up 1/2 size if possible.
    2012 R1200GSA

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    SIDI are notorious for a narrow toe box. 10 years ago they fit well, but as we get older our feet generally get longer and wider due to tendons & ligaments getting stretching. I went from a 47 to a 48 in the last 10 years, and from an 11 1/2 to a 12 shoe.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    SIDI are notorious for a narrow toe box. 10 years ago they fit well, but as we get older our feet generally get longer and wider due to tendons & ligaments getting stretching. I went from a 47 to a 48 in the last 10 years, and from an 11 1/2 to a 12 shoe.
    Too bad that wasn't the case for other parts of our anatomy.
    Mark
    2015 R 1200 GS Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post

I have a problem getting a good fit with SIDI boots because of this. I have wide feet and my right foot is about one full shoe size bigger anyway, and in order to get the right foot to be a comfortable fit with SIDI boots, I have to go up to a size that makes the left foot slide around too much. I have had better success with fitment from Alpinestar boots because they seem to have a larger toe box, although I have sometimes had trouble with the shifter because of the larger toe box, necessitating an adjustment to the shifter.

I wear an 11 e and while I'd love some Sidi adventure rains they simply aren't wide enough in any size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    a little better, every day