Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hydration System

Hydration System

I received a hydration system today for my 2015 R1200GS.

It was fabricated by:

Garauld Techworks LLC
    61 John Smith Road
    Binghamton, NY 13901

(607) 648-3978

Photo's courtesy of Gary Crowley, Proprietor:

This shows the system in place.

The OEM footpeg is easily removed by pulling out a circlip at the bottom of the pin that the footpeg rotates on, then replacing it with the nicely machined part provided. The actual mount bolts to that part, and includes a clamp to hold the Coleman half gallon cooler, also provided.

The system comes with these supplied parts.

I ordered mine in flat black, to match the blacked out parts of my R1200GS, which matches the photographs.

I learned about these hydration systems by following the reporting of the last Iron Butt Rally, which showed many riders with some kind of hydration system.

Harry

Remove circlip for right side passenger footpeg and remove footpeg:

Then replace footpeg with the machined part, which is the main part of the mounting system:

Harry

Hey these photos look familiar! I just reached out to Gary myself after picking up my 1st BMW, a 1200GSA last week. I asked if he'd make me a system like he built for my FJR. He sent me these photos and said he just built one for a friend of his! I've got one in the works!

Gary is well known on the fjrforum and I've got a few things he's made on my FJR. They are all quality pieces. Good chance that if you saw something like this in the IBR reports on an FJR it was made by gary... mine was one of them. I know Josh Mountains were also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    '16 GSA; '08 FJR; '03 DRZ; '03 YZ-250; http://dajuice.net
    IBA: 416; TeamStrange: 669; GLMC: 67

Quote Originally Posted by dajuice View Post
    Hey these photos look familiar! I just reached out to Gary myself after picking up my 1st BMW, a 1200GSA last week. I asked if he'd make me a system like he built for my FJR. He sent me these photos and said he just built one for a friend of his! I've got one in the works!

Gary is well known on the fjrforum and I've got a few things he's made on my FJR. They are all quality pieces. Good chance that if you saw something like this in the IBR reports on an FJR it was made by gary... mine was one of them. I know Josh Mountains were also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    And this is exactly why the forums are a huge benifit and resource for being an MOA member. Welcome to the club da juice.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Another option that I'm really happy with.

http://www.motojug.com
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT '73 R75/5
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

Quote Originally Posted by brisco View Post

Just used one on a long trip out west. Life saver. I liked the gallon aspect. You also can put in a couple cans of beer to have cold when you get to your destination.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic

Hydration system

Hello,
    Seems like you are taking a lot of effort and money to solve a problem that has been solved many years ago. That is to buy a camelback which you can purchase for less than $100.00. I like this solution as I can use the camelback on other rides.

Just my $.02
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by racerjack View Post
    Hello,
    Seems like you are taking a lot of effort and money to solve a problem that has been solved many years ago. That is to buy a camelback which you can purchase for less than $100.00. I like this solution as I can use the camelback on other rides.

Just my $.02
    I have a Camelbak and switched to this system because it's a better system.

Harry

Hello,

Just my $.02
    I used the built in hydro pack in my badlands jacket to keep my back cool. The motojug stayed colder longer.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC

Krmugin
    Quote Originally Posted by brisco View Post

How do you buy a motojug? I looked on their website, but wasn't able to find ordering or contact information.

Quote Originally Posted by kurmugin View Post
    How do you buy a motojug? I looked on their website, but wasn't able to find ordering or contact information.
    On the left hand side on the screen click on motojug. Just above where it says 1 gallon.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC

+1 I ordered the MotoJug. The order area and price is well hidden as explained.

I got a 20% off offer as a member of the ADVrider forum. Perhaps he offers a similar discount for the BMWMOA. In any event my Motojug was shipped one day after ordering through PayPal. It should get here this Saturday.

Excellent service and the owner returns e-mail inquiries very quickly in my experience.
    2014 R1200 GSA W
    2016 S1000XR

Riding is the art of throwing yourself at the ground and missing

Quote Originally Posted by gr8ridn2 View Post
    +1 I ordered the MotoJug. The order area and price is well hidden as explained.

I got a 20% off offer as a member of the ADVrider forum. Perhaps he offers a similar discount for the BMWMOA. In any event my Motojug was shipped one day after ordering through PayPal. It should get here this Saturday.

Excellent service and the owner returns e-mail inquiries very quickly in my experience.
    +1 on the customer service. The retraction device broke and he sent me a few for spares.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC

Hello,

Just my $.02
    Pitched my Camelback a few years ago. There are much better solutions.
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT '73 R75/5
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

I have a Garauld Hydration system (made by Gary Crowley). Very high quality manufacturing. Garauld makes several items in addition to the hydration system and is well known and respected in the FJR community. I have a couple of his products on my FJR and they are all first rate.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost