Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new dual sport modular helmet by Schubert and Touratech

Cowboyatheart

new dual sport modular helmet by Schubert and Touratech

Moringa, your body & brain will thank you! PM for discounts Smart Mix at TasteMoringa.com
    XM3 Energy, real energy for the body & brain, no sugar high, XM3.Energy

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

OK...now scare me away with the pricing Couldn't find one.

I have a mental pricepoint #
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

My price point is usually mental also
    Walter

All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

Awesome - pricey....but Awesome

$889 pre-order pricing on Revzilla. I have a C3 Pro that I love - but now I want it to wear out so I can rationalize a new helmet! I actually ended up with Schuberth after trying on nearly every helmet in the shop and just picking the one that fit and felt the best - then after kind of choking on the price I went ahead and bought it. I will say I've always felt well served buying better riding gear vs. many other expenses. I love the design of the new Guardian, but won't try one on until I'm ready to buy.

Pricing

Yikes!!! Probably cheaper to get some loud pipes and skip the helmet altogether.
    2002 R1150GS
    1998 F650

I know several people (including my heath insurance provider) who will attest to the fact that my head is nowhere near worth $889.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I know several people (including my heath insurance provider) who will attest to the fact that my head is nowhere near worth $889.
    No comment

I was thinking more to the reality I would drop it in the gravel on day one...SOP for new lower pricepoint helmets in this household
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    No comment

I was thinking more to the reality I would drop it in the gravel on day one...SOP for new lower pricepoint helmets in this household
    You have a Sharpie don't ya?

OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

There was a test of the Touratech, a Shoei and an Arai in the April ON. Touratech came out on top. Here's the URL for the helmet: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/P...-Carbon-Helmet
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    There was a test of the Touratech, a Shoei and an Arai in the April ON. Touratech came out on top. Here's the URL for the helmet: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/P...-Carbon-Helmet
    Yes, that was the Touratech Adventuro Carbon, not the modular that this one is.

And to know that Schubert is making one directly for sale - hmmm - Touratech has pricing on their site for the modular version, Schubert will soon......

I too have a C3 Pro, and LOVE IT.
    I too am dreaming of ways to rationalize both! Hard sell to the significant other....(and too myself), but four more years will likely pass quickly.
    Moringa, your body & brain will thank you! PM for discounts Smart Mix at TasteMoringa.com
    XM3 Energy, real energy for the body & brain, no sugar high, XM3.Energy

12. 03-30-2016, 07:31 AM

Browsing the Schuberth website leads to the HMK 150.

Name:  HMK150.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  42.4 KB

While probably not safe, the storm trooper look seems like it could be fun just for the looks one would get while riding.

Speaking of unsafe head gear, late last year I saw some yahoo riding down the street with a rubber monster mask pulled over his helmet. How he saw anything through the tiny eye holes I don't know. I hope he corrected himself, or got pulled over, before he killed himself.
    ~Jason

question for John M & Nelliott Re: C3 Pro

Do either one of you have a J & M CB installed on your bike & in your Schuberth C3 Pro? My husband & I are looking at getting C3 Pro's & having J & M install their headset systems. But we're wondering if it'll be just as noisy, wind-wise, as our Nolan modular helmets. Any help is appreciated.

Diann
    2015 R1200RT

Diann, I'm curious why you would want the J and M. I've used the schuberth Cardo Scala collar neck roll, and the wife and I were able to maintain comms up to almost 1/2 mile. No profile, no wind noise.
    R. Reece Mullins
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    BoD Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I so want that helmet. The only thing I don't like about my Schuberth is no sun visor. This helmet seems to have solved that. I so need a new helmet... Not!
    R. Reece Mullins
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    BoD Candidate