Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Hydration System

  1. #1
    Registered User AKsuited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Tier of New York
    Posts
    1,294

    Hydration System

    I received a hydration system today for my 2015 R1200GS.

    It was fabricated by:


    Garauld Techworks LLC
    61 John Smith Road
    Binghamton, NY 13901

    (607) 648-3978

    Photo's courtesy of Gary Crowley, Proprietor:


    This shows the system in place.


    The OEM footpeg is easily removed by pulling out a circlip at the bottom of the pin that the footpeg rotates on, then replacing it with the nicely machined part provided. The actual mount bolts to that part, and includes a clamp to hold the Coleman half gallon cooler, also provided.


    The system comes with these supplied parts.

    I ordered mine in flat black, to match the blacked out parts of my R1200GS, which matches the photographs.

    I learned about these hydration systems by following the reporting of the last Iron Butt Rally, which showed many riders with some kind of hydration system.

    Harry

  2. #2
    Registered User AKsuited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Tier of New York
    Posts
    1,294
    Remove circlip for right side passenger footpeg and remove footpeg:



    Then replace footpeg with the machined part, which is the main part of the mounting system:



    Harry

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3
    Hey these photos look familiar! I just reached out to Gary myself after picking up my 1st BMW, a 1200GSA last week. I asked if he'd make me a system like he built for my FJR. He sent me these photos and said he just built one for a friend of his! I've got one in the works!

    Gary is well known on the fjrforum and I've got a few things he's made on my FJR. They are all quality pieces. Good chance that if you saw something like this in the IBR reports on an FJR it was made by gary... mine was one of them. I know Josh Mountains were also.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    '16 GSA; '08 FJR; '03 DRZ; '03 YZ-250; http://dajuice.net
    IBA: 416; TeamStrange: 669; GLMC: 67

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dajuice View Post
    Hey these photos look familiar! I just reached out to Gary myself after picking up my 1st BMW, a 1200GSA last week. I asked if he'd make me a system like he built for my FJR. He sent me these photos and said he just built one for a friend of his! I've got one in the works!

    Gary is well known on the fjrforum and I've got a few things he's made on my FJR. They are all quality pieces. Good chance that if you saw something like this in the IBR reports on an FJR it was made by gary... mine was one of them. I know Josh Mountains were also.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    And this is exactly why the forums are a huge benifit and resource for being an MOA member. Welcome to the club da juice.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

  5. #5
    Motorsickle Rider brisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    De Soto, KS
    Posts
    396
    Another option that I'm really happy with.

    http://www.motojug.com
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT '73 R75/5
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by brisco View Post
    Another option that I'm really happy with.

    http://www.motojug.com
    Just used one on a long trip out west. Life saver. I liked the gallon aspect. You also can put in a couple cans of beer to have cold when you get to your destination.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic

  7. #7
    Registered User racerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Villages, FL
    Posts
    3

    Hydration system

    Hello,
    Seems like you are taking a lot of effort and money to solve a problem that has been solved many years ago. That is to buy a camelback which you can purchase for less than $100.00. I like this solution as I can use the camelback on other rides.

    Just my $.02
    Jack

  8. #8
    Registered User AKsuited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Tier of New York
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by racerjack View Post
    Hello,
    Seems like you are taking a lot of effort and money to solve a problem that has been solved many years ago. That is to buy a camelback which you can purchase for less than $100.00. I like this solution as I can use the camelback on other rides.

    Just my $.02
    I have a Camelbak and switched to this system because it's a better system.

    Harry

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by racerjack View Post
    Hello,
    Seems like you are taking a lot of effort and money to solve a problem that has been solved many years ago. That is to buy a camelback which you can purchase for less than $100.00. I like this solution as I can use the camelback on other rides.

    Just my $.02
    I used the built in hydro pack in my badlands jacket to keep my back cool. The motojug stayed colder longer.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic

  10. #10
    Krmugin
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by brisco View Post
    Another option that I'm really happy with.

    http://www.motojug.com
    How do you buy a motojug? I looked on their website, but wasn't able to find ordering or contact information.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kurmugin View Post
    How do you buy a motojug? I looked on their website, but wasn't able to find ordering or contact information.
    On the left hand side on the screen click on motojug. Just above where it says 1 gallon.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic

  12. #12
    Tourmeister gr8ridn2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kern Valley CA
    Posts
    229
    +1 I ordered the MotoJug. The order area and price is well hidden as explained.

    I got a 20% off offer as a member of the ADVrider forum. Perhaps he offers a similar discount for the BMWMOA. In any event my Motojug was shipped one day after ordering through PayPal. It should get here this Saturday.

    Excellent service and the owner returns e-mail inquiries very quickly in my experience.
    2014 R1200 GSA W
    2016 S1000XR

    Riding is the art of throwing yourself at the ground and missing

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8ridn2 View Post
    +1 I ordered the MotoJug. The order area and price is well hidden as explained.

    I got a 20% off offer as a member of the ADVrider forum. Perhaps he offers a similar discount for the BMWMOA. In any event my Motojug was shipped one day after ordering through PayPal. It should get here this Saturday.

    Excellent service and the owner returns e-mail inquiries very quickly in my experience.
    +1 on the customer service. The retraction device broke and he sent me a few for spares.
    Buck in Greensboro, NC
    2013 R 1200 RT Midnight Blue - traded, 2014 R 1200 RT Ebony Metallic

  14. #14
    Motorsickle Rider brisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    De Soto, KS
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by racerjack View Post
    Hello,
    Seems like you are taking a lot of effort and money to solve a problem that has been solved many years ago. That is to buy a camelback which you can purchase for less than $100.00. I like this solution as I can use the camelback on other rides.

    Just my $.02
    Pitched my Camelback a few years ago. There are much better solutions.
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT '73 R75/5
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

  15. #15
    FUKENGRUVEN SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    THE BIG SKY
    Posts
    5,649
    I have a Garauld Hydration system (made by Gary Crowley). Very high quality manufacturing. Garauld makes several items in addition to the hydration system and is well known and respected in the FJR community. I have a couple of his products on my FJR and they are all first rate.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •