• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Woah. Mladin?

That would be really interesting. Dunno ... Mladin doesn't strike me as the type to announce retirement then come back. Especially with a non factory ride. Perhaps after seeing how Spies did, he can't resist a one year deal to test the waters??? He is getting up there in age but incredibly fit.

Would be a great development/test rider though. Probably the best anyone could find.

Interesting

For sure interesting, taken with many grains of salt, Mat has stated he wants to be a family man for a while.
Also, he has been a died in the wool Suzuki guy for quite some time now, big business in Oz, hard to see him change. The S1000RR needs some taming, so with the new cam and mapping used at Portimao and the new in-house swing arm next year, Mladdin's smootheness along with Reg O'Rourke's genius, could only be a blessing for BMW.....if it has any truth.....Great article in the January RoadracingWorld on the S1000RR and how they did so well this year.

Wow!

I have always thought of Mat Mladin as a bit of a pr*ck but he is a very talented and detail oriented rider. As a development rider he took Yoshimura Suzuki from the butt of the paddock jokes to the supreme team in AMA Superbike. He proved to be an excellent mentor for Ben Spies who is on a rocket ship to success now in Moto GP, even though they had a bit of an adversarial relationship. Love him or hate him, success surrounds him.

This is exciting news.

I think BMW is very serious about their racing efforts built around the S1000RR. Time will tell, but the portents are encouraging. :german

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/s...mber/dec1109-mladin-linked-with-bmw-wsb-ride/

woah.

The rider is one thing, but the team is run by the guy that took Corser to the top in 1996 on a Ducati.

I've maintained all season that the difficulty for BMW will be with team management and establishing development processes for the bike. This would be a big step toward getting that solved.

I don't disagree with anything you have said. I am just curious about the part I put in bold. How does this move the factory team forward. Inzingher's team is a satellite team.

To Greg's comment BMW is serious about racing the bike.
-WSBK factory and satellite teams
- Supersport
- BWM France is runing the return to endurance racing
- more to come

That is what I am reading. Still Mladin may end up having a role in BMW Motorrad Motorsport if he is so inclined.

Back