• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Northern California

R

richardlambeth

Hello everyone. I love to ride so if anyone is near or visiting the "lost coast" area in the Northern California coastal region along beautiful Hwy 1 then let me know. I live in the Fort Bragg/Mendocino area, truly Gods country for motorcycle riding.

Hiya and welcome!
Oh, I think you'll find quite a few riders out your way but I'll let them introduce themselves.

Enjoy your ride.

Hello I am from San Diego, welcome you have some great roads in your backyard,
I try to get up that way as often as vacation will let me.

Grins and nods

I came up here from the San Diego area (Carlsbad and Point Loma/Ocean Beach is where I lived) about 7 years ago. Love it up here. Kbasa your soooo right about Hwy 128, especially the part from Cloverdale up to Boonville, that road rocks. Thanks guys for the warm welcome. :blah

Welcome! I live in Red Bluff. Hwy 36 and The Lost Coast is one of my favorite rides.

Last edited:
Many, many will be;

Welcome, fellow CA rider. So many BMWs will be migrating North to Redmond, Oregon this coming July for our National Rally Event. You may well see many BMWs passing through the Lost Coast region. Come along:). Glad you found us here. Randy:thumb:usa

Someone said that they were thinkin' about straightening Hwy 36... Be a damned shame if they did that... It's nice being so close to some of the best bike roads in the country doncha think???

Ride safe... and welcome to the asylum... :lol

Welcome

You really do live in God's country. I ride to Fort Bragg and surrounding area at least 3 or 4 times a year. Hwy 128, Hwy1, Branscomb Road, Avenue of the Giants, Mattole Road are some of my favorites. I live in the Bay Area so your area usually ends up being an over-nighter and I love to stay in Fort Bragg. Very friendly people there. I just may look you up sometime when I am up your way.

Welcome

Many thanks...

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Sounds like a great idea Polarbear, send me a shout when the time draws near for the rally. Aye DickNCa, those are all great rides. In fact, I live just down the coast from Branscombe Rd. about halfway between Westport and Fort Bragg. Definitely look me up next time your up in this area. That goes for anyone that finds themselves near here.
:usa

In the Midwest we think of CA as more of the "Left" coast. :dance

You live in riding heaven. But a lot of us will be in your neck of the woods in July and look forward to meeting you at Redmond.

July15-18 is it:)

Redmond, Oregon dates for the Rally. Thousands of Beemers from all over N.America, for those not knowing this already, ALL are welcome and the minimal entry fee is a bargain:). Be there. Randy:usa:thumb

Redmond, Oregon dates for the Rally. Thousands of Beemers from all over N.America, for those not knowing this already, ALL are welcome and the minimal entry fee is a bargain:). Be there. Randy:usa:thumb

We're looking forward to setting up a base camp and riding all the amazing roads near Eureka.

:thumb

Welcome from another new member! I live in Sonoma County so not too far from you. Me and friends make it up your way once in a while. Anyway, take care and welcome.

Back