• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Northern California

bmweuro

Hello folks,
My name is Chris Canterbury. I manage a small BMW Motorcycle accessory store. I have been a MOA member for 20+ years and riding BMW's at least that long. My current BMW is a 1991 EML side car rig powered by a R100GS motor. It has just under 200k on it. I have owned a Rockster and a R1100S, but prefer the older stuff.
I have restored many(OK, a lot)/5's over the past 22 years as well built many vintage road race /5 and a few side car rigs. I have a small metal fabrication company as well were I build motorcycles and hot rods in my spare time.

Welcome to the site, I am sure you will have much wisdom to bestow on some us that are new to the BMW world.

Ron

hub conversion

hi chris, i am building a cafe' bike out of the same model that woody's wheel works has you doing a front hub conversion for and i have a set of hubs i would like you to convert also. i want to put wire wheels on my bike and it looks like you are the go to guy. i have post 74 r90 hubs with 17 mm axel up front. i hope that is correct. the big question right now is brake configuration but i think that must be part of what you do. i hope to hear from you and thanks. is there a more direct way to contact you? jd

Hey Chris;

You know me, "Polarbear"Randy with R100/7, Heinrich Tank. We spoke recently in Mariposa. I rode to East Coast just recently and ran into an aquaintance of yours. Matt, from Austalia, Airhead hacking his way across Nevada going my way:). He had just did a head job via your help and was breaking it in, as he pulled up behind me between Austin and Eureka,NV going East US50. Boy, was he hammering that hack airhead rig at 75-80mph, no issues. Catching me on my GSA1200:). He must have been running harder to catch me! He and I knew one another too, from another year riding East to Wisconsin years ago. Small world. Welcome to this end of BMW stuff going on at the forum. BTW, your Boxer Metal symbol was prominently displayed on Matts rig:). I recognised it right off, hmmmmm, I know that guy. Funny how ya end up coming across one another, such unusual places too, middle of nowhere Nevada US50, Matt and I. You be well, Chris and Family and keep that VW micro bus a blaz'in...Neat rig in its own right. See ya again. Randy"Polarbear"

Back