• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

xp3hornet.com-Deer Avoidance

theses horns will keep the deer away too. check out hornblasters.com

I've yet to see a deer run in the direction I expected. Just because they see and hear you doesn't mean they won't jump in front of you!

Best advice I've heard is "if you see them and can't slow/stop then aim for their rear end". :dunno

Last edited:
Having had many brushes/hits and a recent hit with deer on my GS...warning them you are coming still seems ineffective..they go where they want when they want. It happens way to fast! Maybe if you are toddling along at 15MPH and can react.
I would be very hard to convince...tried the old whistles given to me as a gift from my realtor when I moved into deer country on a 80's Suburban...hit two deer. The second hit tore the whistle off the bumper.:brow
Also honking...still happens to fast unless you see them,and that's not a guarantee they still won't come your way...just sayin'...

This is just my Opinion, nothing more. I haven't a clue weather the device works or not. it would be great if it did. But if the Inventer is so successful, why has he not bothered to fix his own teeth?

I've yet to see a dear run in the direction I expected. Just because they see and hear you doesn't mean they won't jump in front of you!

Best advice I've heard is "if you see them and can't slow/stop then aim for their rear end". :dunno

That might explain your disagreements with loved ones. What do you think about deer?

Growing up in Wisconsin- lots of people had those on their cars.. but they never seemed to do anything useful except lighten your wallet.

Now this rock I got- it definitely keeps the tigers away ;)

Back