• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Keith Code (CSS School) - BMW S1000RR

Whoo Hoo ... just got an e-mail from CA Superbike School announcing their 2010 schedule and lo and beyold, to my pleasant surprise a BMW S1000RR featured in the logo graphic. Did I see right?

I've taken several of their classes with the rented Ninja 600cc. They didn't give much detail but I'm assuming the S1000RR would be an option/extra and not replace the 600cc fleet (given the expense and challenge of riding such a potent machine)

Part of me is apprehensive ... that's a whole lotta powah. But if I were to ride such a beast, the track is the only place that makes sense to me.

http://www.superbikeschool.com/

I'm excited!

Whoo Hoo ... just got an e-mail from CA Superbike School announcing their 2010 schedule and lo and beyold, to my pleasant surprise a BMW S1000RR featured in the logo graphic. Did I see right?

I've taken several of their classes with the rented Ninja 600cc. They didn't give much detail but I'm assuming the S1000RR would be an option/extra and not replace the 600cc fleet (given the expense and challenge of riding such a potent machine)

Part of me is apprehensive ... that's a whole lotta powah. But if I were to ride such a beast, the track is the only place that makes sense to me.

http://www.superbikeschool.com/

I'm excited!

Why only the track? :evil

No suitable roads

Ain't got the roads here for that baby. (Western, NY)

Of course if I were in some lovely parts of Cali, might be a different story. And I'm trying to be uncharacteristically rational. :)

I'm sure I could tour on it...:D

My touring would involve 40 miles between stops, with liberal amounts of coffee and baked goods at each stop.

Do you think I could wear my Aerostich while riding that thing? :ha

Totally new sponsorship after Kaw trimmed costs two years ago. New 2 yr deal with BMW.

Here is the RoadracingWorld.com link for their story:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=38803

27 S1000RR bikes and 4 F800 bikes.

My son will be really excited as he is almost ready to order an S1000RR to go with his hotted up S-4 Duc (someone torched his R11S Boxer Replica for fun one night...).

Ahhhh .... Full fleet!. Hope that doesn't portend a price increase. That's pretty potent stuff. I guess the electronics could help mitigate some of the issues w/ such powerful machinery. Perhaps they could run the S1000RR's in 'Rain Mode' to keep things manageable for the Level I & II classes or early sessions .. then progress up to Street or Sport mode.

F800's would make a great learning tool especially if they modify or upgrade the front suspension.

my beloved, Ms. I-man has been to two of Keith's sessions this year...in NJ and CA..i know she wants to go back, perhaps this would be my motivation to ride the S1000RR

My touring would involve 40 miles between stops, with liberal amounts of coffee and baked goods at each stop.

Do you think I could wear my Aerostich while riding that thing? :ha

you need that little zip-in insert, otherwise you get a wedgie.

and wedgies are not cool in the sportbike world.

you, as a slave to fashion, have certainly noticed the baggy-assed style of riding gear seen in moto-gp. wedgies simply won't do. :nono

ian

ps => my touring would involve 60-80 mile stretches followed by extended periods of hiding in bushes until all the, um, patrol had dispersed. :evil

Just signed up for my first class, May 17 in Virginia.

My Dad's done 5 of Codes classes so I'll join him on this excursion.

Hung around the NJ class he was in last August and caught a spark.

And looks like we get to ride uber beemer. I'd be happy to the ride the Kaws regardless. Either way should be fun and educational.

Back