• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

G650GS owner

A

awadiouf

Greetings!

I am a new G650GS rider! It's my first new moto, and first BMW moto. I've been riding now for about 4 years, not counting the 2 years I rode as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Senegal. That's where I learned to ride, on a government issued Suzuki TS 125. It was way fun! I loved it!! Almost all off road, in deep sand riding between villages and other volunteers. That was '93 - '95. When I came back home there were more important things to worry about, like finding a real job, than motorcycling. So, I didn't get back into it until July 2006 when I bought a 1986 450 Honda Rebel. It was a great bike to learn to ride on again. But, the GS was calling to me. I got it September 11, 2009. :clap I'm in heaven! My hubby thinks I love it more than him. :heart

Looking forward to being a part of the MOA!!

Cheers,
Allaina

Welcome from Texas! Thanks for your Peace Corp service.... sounds like the riding here will be much smoother than over there! BMW's are awesome, and that comes from someone probably old enough to be your dad that has been riding Harleys since he was 14! Enjoy and ride safe

Allaina,
Congrats on your new bike! I got my new, first-ever motorcycle on September 25, 2009. Same bike as yours! I love her! She's the best!

Have fun and let me know if you ever come through Iowa. :)

Angie

Back