• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Adding an accessory

T

tourist

Where do I get the power from ?

I have a nav 4 which uses a power connector under the battery cover. I would like to add a CB radio and I want it to turn off when the ignition is off. Do I cut and splice at that connector, is there a connector that I can get to accomplish that without cutting into that harness or just use a new fuse block direct from battery?
Thanks

fuzeblock-1.jpg

Another alternative is the fuzeblock. It is small in size, has the relay built in and is super easy to wire.

click here

Thanks. Those have a single relay controlling all the circuits. Some of my acc. I want to turn on without the key.
The CB power I want to control with the same power for the gps. I'll use that to control that one relay.

Thanks. Those have a single relay controlling all the circuits. Some of my acc. I want to turn on without the key.
The CB power I want to control with the same power for the gps. I'll use that to control that one relay.

The Fuzelock has a relay that turns on only the circuits you want turned on. The panel is set up so that you can move the fuse for that circuit left or right to have it switched on with the relay or on all the time...but still fused.

I use the parking light circuit wire to turn on the relay for the switched circuits.

One of the main differences between the two items is that the Centech will handle up to 70A, where as the Fuzeblock will carry 30A.

you need to make a determination of how many "things" you want to add to the bike and be conginizant of the limit.

AND...if you check into it, the remaining capacity of your alternator for accessories is likely only 30 to 40 amps anyway. :D

I forgot to mention that the Fuzeblock has diode protection to prevent the back emf of the relay coil (when the relay is turned off) putting a voltage spike onto your bikes electrical system. A well done unit.

Forgot to mention that some use a switched lead (grn/blu) on the diagnostic plug to turn on a relay. I feel more comfortable with that if the relay coil has some diode protection against a back emf voltage spike. It's the same voltage spike that makes the "points and coil" ignition (Kettering Ignition) work back in the day.

Last edited:
Back