• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Battery

Hi, Kent,
I support BMW enough with the stuff I need to purchase from them. Some of their prices are utterly ridiculous. Most spin-on oil filters are in the $5 range, yet BMW charges around $20 for their branded oil filter - a Mahle OC-91 with the roundel and part number printed on it. I just bought a lot of OC-91 filters for about $8.50 each, NOT from BMW. BMW's list price on Bosch plugs for my K75's is $9.16 each, or $11.84 each for plugs for my (late, lamented) K1100LT. I have used Autolite 4163 plugs for many tens of thousands of miles and the MOST I have paid is $1.25 each. Ditto for Auto Zone fuel filters. Motobins, the last time I checked, offered K-bike air filters (BMW OEM filters) for under $20; why is the cost over $40 from BMW here in the USA? So I will purchase BMW parts from BMW. OEM quality parts which can be sourced from other sources will probably be purchased from those other sources. Yes, I am a cheap SOB.

I'm with you Phil. BMW makes the markup they need on the parts we have to get from them. The readily available generic parts such as batteries, they don't want to stock, but they will, for those who need the roundel affixed, for a price.

Mike

Back