• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-Ohio superbike 7/22-24

JohnM

AMA has announced that Superbike weekend is scheduled to be same at the Rally. (7/22-24)

So Vintage event will likely be the weekend before.

Hey Ohio people

So how far away from the Rally site is the Superbike racing going on? (Crowds make me nervous so I prolly won't hang around either place too awful long)

I gotta tell ya, I'm nuts about vintage bikes and I might have to burn up 2 weeks vacation and just stay in Ohio.

This years Vintage days were cool with the featured marque being BMW,but a little better planning on someones part could have had the rally and vintage days with BMW as the featured marque in the same year.Still looking forward to the new year with all the stuff going on.

Re: Hey Ohio people

Cliffy777 said:
So how far away from the Rally site is the Superbike racing going on? (Crowds make me nervous so I prolly won't hang around either place too awful long)

Pretty much a straight shot east from the rally. 80 miles is correct, and it's a nice, quick route. State highway, nicely paved, good visibility; you can generally make some good time on this route.
309 is the road that borders the north side of the rally site, and it takes you 98% of the way there.

A WHOLE WEEK of Motorcycles in Ohio

From the AMA Website: Vintage Days will be the weekend prior to Lima. So here is that week, at a glance:

** Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio: July 15 - 17, 2005
** MOA National Rally at Lima: July 21 - 24, 2005
** Superbike Race at Mid-Ohio: Sunday, July 24, 2005

What a WEEK that will be for the BMW riders!!!

With Mid-Ohio only 80 miles from the rally site, you could go to Vintage Days.... play in the hills of southwestern Ohio for a couple of days... come to the MOA national at the end of the week and win a bike on Saturday night.... and then get up on Sunday morning, ride a short 80 miles to Mid-Ohio, and watch the Superbike races before heading home.

:clap :clap

Re: A WHOLE WEEK of Motorcycles in Ohio

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
So here is that week, at a glance:

** Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio: July 15 - 17, 2005
** MOA National Rally at Lima: July 21 - 24, 2005
** Superbike Race at Mid-Ohio: Sunday, July 24, 2005

What a WEEK that will be for the BMW riders!!!

.....and then get up on Sunday morning, ride a short 80 miles to Mid-Ohio, and watch the Superbike races before heading home.

Sue,
I agree that there will be plenty to do on either side of the MOA Rally, and I plan to indulge quite heavily! I can't recommend Vintage Motorcycle Days highly enough. With the racing, swap meet, demo rides, exhibitions, dyno contests, seminars, etc. it is truly motorcycle nirvana!

My experience with Superbike Doubleheaders is that they will run several races on Saturday afternoon and the remainder on Sunday afternoon (including 1 superbike race on each day). I would request that the MOA festivities on Saturday evening take this schedule into account as much as possible so that rally goers can attend both events.

If anyone is interested, maybe we could have a ride leaving the rally site on Saturday morning that terminates at Mid-Ohio. It might be nice to have a bunch of BMW's arrive en masse!

Thanks,
George

Re: A WHOLE WEEK of Motorcycles in Ohio

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
With Mid-Ohio only 80 miles from the rally site, you could go to Vintage Days.... play in the hills of southwestern Ohio for a couple of days... come to the MOA national at the end of the week and win a bike on Saturday night.... and then get up on Sunday morning, ride a short 80 miles to Mid-Ohio, and watch the Superbike races before heading home.

Sue, sounds like fun, but the good hills are in SouthEast Ohio

Back