• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Name the forum/engine contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
With all the news coming out regarding the new 2010 models and the reconfiguration of the RT/GS we want to set up a "Name the Forum Contest"

This new forum will be located in the Garage and it will deal with all the usual items the other forums address but for the new models

The rules are simple - the thread will track all the suggestions posted.

At the end of a period of time or so the results will be tabulated and then a formal poll will be created to get the sense of how popular the suggestions were.

At the end of the poll period a winner will be selected and a prize will be awarded.

The winner will be the person who orginally suggested the name which gathered the most votes.

Details of the awards will be communicated later.

So for now - put in your suggestions and let's get this thing going.

UPDATE #1 - ONLY SUGGESTIONS FOR THE NEW HEXHEAD MOTOR DESIGN WILL BE CONSIDERED

UPDATE #2 - this thread will be closed on November 27th.

At which time all sugestions will be compiled and a voting poll will be created.

The poll will be opened December 1st.

The winner will be selected from these results.

UPDATE #3 - Prizes!!!

For first place the winner will recieve a BMWMOA Denim Shirt

For second and third place those contestants will get a BMWMOA Hoody Sweatshirts

UPDATE #4 - Poll Link

Poll Link Here

From your Forum Team.

Last edited:
How about:

1. Prospects

2. Neue Motorr?ñder

3. Neues Modelle

4. New On The Job

5. Budding Beemers

6. This Just In

Last edited:
  • To Infinity And Beyond
  • The Next Big Thing
  • The Showroom
  • This Year's Model

Cleverness (or attempted cleverness) aside, I think "The Showroom" probably fits best with the rest of the existing forum titles.

Maybe I'm slow on the uptake, but are we simply talking about naming a new forum that will deal solely with wrenching etc. on the soon-to-be-introduced 2010 Boxers, i.e., RT, GS and eventually other models?

If the answer is yes, I suggest we call it: Camheads

If the answer is no, then never mind.

We are looking for a name similiar to the Airheads, K wedge, Flying brick kind of idea. The new forum will deal with the new models just like the Oilheads, Hexheads, K brick forums already do.

maybe i'm slow on the uptake, but are we simply talking about naming a new forum that will deal solely with wrenching etc. On the soon-to-be-introduced 2010 boxers, i.e., rt, gs and eventually other models?

If the answer is yes, i suggest we call it: camheads

if the answer is no, then never mind.

yes

Ah, I misunderstood the intent. I thought this was going to be about just new stuff coming out from BMW, not specifically the new boxer engine bikes.

In this light, my prior entry is not fitting. I did pose the idea of calling them Camheads earlier in the new GS thread, but I think I was beat to the punch by a few minutes by someone in the RT thread. And now I see that it has all ready been submitted for the contest. It still has my vote.

Ah, I misunderstood the intent. I thought this was going to be about just new stuff coming out from BMW, not specifically the new boxer engine bikes.

In this light, my prior entry is not fitting. I did pose the idea of calling them Camheads earlier in the new GS thread, but I think I was beat to the punch by a few minutes by someone in the RT thread. And now I see that it has all ready been submitted for the contest. It still has my vote.

AKBeemer threw out 6, put your suggestions up here to.

It ain't over till it's over. :brow

Let's get something going.....

The Munich Exhibition.

I was going to say The Berlin Exhibition the site of the 1923 unveiling of the R 23.

If they require maintenance put them in the Woman's Forum. It might be enough make a second page of thread topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back