• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Name the forum/engine contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumb and as the airheads are Simple by Choice, the Six Pack could be something like drive to drink / drink to drive , or drive one/drink one... or somthing like that..:nyah

It's time to despel that rumor. Airhead motorcycles were not, when new, simple by choice. They were highly advanced engineering marvels of metallurgy and function that helped lay waste to their other European (mostly English and Italian) brethren when BMW too outlasted the onslaught of the evil twins and fours from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Only after 1985, when the deed was done, and 1995 when the deed was dead and gone did the Airhead motorcycle riders deem to call themselves "simple by choice". With that I am wont to argue.

Popeye had it right.

It's time to despel that rumor. Airhead motorcycles were not, when new, simple by choice. They were highly advanced engineering marvels of metallurgy and function that helped lay waste to their other European (mostly English and Italian) brethren when BMW too outlasted the onslaught of the evil twins and fours from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Only after 1985, when the deed was done, and 1995 when the deed was dead and gone did the Airhead motorcycle riders deem to call themselves "simple by choice". With that I am wont to argue.

Popeye had it right.

Yes all that history is true. But are you saying that the Airhead riders and not the bikes are simple??? :confused: and which Popeye quote are you refering to, I am what I am and thats all that I am or, enough is enough and I cants stands nomore, or some other quote?? :dunno

Looks like we may need some clarification here

When I read the original post, it sounded like the new forum would be a general forum addressing new and proposed models, etc. However, after reading some other posts, it seems like the new forum would be specific to the new model (e.g. six cylinder).

So which is it?

Can the forum administrators please respond.

Thanks

Jeff - you are right; the specific purpose is for the newer RT.

I am/was letting the creative juices flow for the new 6.

At the end I will seperate them.

Luis

Jeff - you are right; the specific purpose is for the newer RT.

:confused:

And a different forum for the newer GS? Or will the RT and GS with overhead cam go in the same forum? And where does a person to post when they have a suspension question? Or a windshield question? Or a brake bleed question? If the GS is in a separate forum from the RT, what about the GS ADV? Does it get a separate forum, too?

:confused:

And a different forum for the newer GS? Or will the RT and GS with overhead cam go in the same forum? And where does a person to post when they have a suspension question? Or a windshield question? Or a brake bleed question? If the GS is in a separate forum from the RT, what about the GS ADV? Does it get a separate forum, too?

The plan is NOT to fragment the forum.

The new forum would support the new style engine.

As we do now with the GS/RT/R/ST fall in the Hexhead forum, if they are of that vintage, same will apply with this one.

Luis

Slant six... oh jeeze that dodge would never quit...
SLash 6
slant head wasnt that already said?

Docheads

I like DOCHEADS. It points to the primary difference- double overhead cams. CAMHEADS is catchy but the current engines have overhead cams too so it isn't really specific enough.

Just my opinion.

I did not read the topic statement close enough. I thought it was for ALL new models , not just the OHC's.
My new suggestion would be QUAD CAMS

Mike

Popeye had it right.

????????????????????????

Seems like the Land of the Rising Sun continues to produce evil twins as well as fours. Perhaps I'm not reading this as you intended. Or did you mean that the Airheads lasted 10 years and the other folks continued to bring out new models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back