• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New K LT

A friend says he has seen a picture of a new 6 cylindar K LT. He hasn't forwarded the picture to me - yet. Has anyone else seen the picture?

Some time ago I saw a picture of what was rumored to be a new LT featuring a transverse 6 cyl, engine. But this goes against BMW's trend toward light weight. Also it may require a totally new chassis and drivetrain. Considering the current business climate and since the LT is basically a US only unit, I don't see BMW doing this. There is *plenty* of power in the 4 cyl. K1300 power plant for a new K1300LT. This is just my opinion of course.

A friend says he has seen a picture of a new 6 cylindar K LT. He hasn't forwarded the picture to me - yet. Has anyone else seen the picture?

So far I've seen purported pictures of a transverse 6 like a wedge K bike with 2 extra cylinders, a Boxer 4 as was rumored before the first Gold Wing beat them to the punch copying Subaru, and a V 6.

If I were to guess, I'd say the transverse 6 is the most likely scenario because it can use the design and development that went into the new K1200/K1300 bikes.

A couple of years ago there was focus group that met and made suggestions to BMW engineers about a new "K" bike. The group met in Brunswick, NY and lively discussion of changes and the "need" for such changes were discussed.

A couple of years ago there was focus group that met and made suggestions to BMW engineers about a new "K" bike. The group met in Brunswick, NY and lively discussion of changes and the "need" for such changes were discussed.

PaulB, maybe it was a conferance call and there were no minutes or photos.

:hide

Paul is right . I was at that meeting. The only thing that they { BMW} told us was that they were not going to build a Goldwing like KLT ! :clap

Paul is right . I was at that meeting. The only thing that they { BMW} told us was that they were not going to build a Goldwing like KLT ! :clap

Of course. They will not be seen as tweedledee and tweedledum, and most certainly not as tweedledumber.

Back