Thread: New K LT

New K LT

A friend says he has seen a picture of a new 6 cylindar K LT. He hasn't forwarded the picture to me - yet. Has anyone else seen the picture?
    Gar

Some time ago I saw a picture of what was rumored to be a new LT featuring a transverse 6 cyl, engine. But this goes against BMW's trend toward light weight. Also it may require a totally new chassis and drivetrain. Considering the current business climate and since the LT is basically a US only unit, I don't see BMW doing this. There is *plenty* of power in the 4 cyl. K1300 power plant for a new K1300LT. This is just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 37071 View Post
    A friend says he has seen a picture of a new 6 cylindar K LT. He hasn't forwarded the picture to me - yet. Has anyone else seen the picture?
    So far I've seen purported pictures of a transverse 6 like a wedge K bike with 2 extra cylinders, a Boxer 4 as was rumored before the first Gold Wing beat them to the punch copying Subaru, and a V 6.

If I were to guess, I'd say the transverse 6 is the most likely scenario because it can use the design and development that went into the new K1200/K1300 bikes.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    A couple of years ago there was focus group that met and made suggestions to BMW engineers about a new "K" bike. The group met in Brunswick, NY and lively discussion of changes and the "need" for such changes were discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    A couple of years ago there was focus group that met and made suggestions to BMW engineers about a new "K" bike. The group met in Brunswick, NY and lively discussion of changes and the "need" for such changes were discussed.
    PaulB, maybe it was a conferance call and there were no minutes or photos.

If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Check out this thread for the full story (and stunning pictures) from the BMW press kit for the Concept 6.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=40937
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

Paul is right . I was at that meeting. The only thing that they { BMW} told us was that they were not going to build a Goldwing like KLT !

Quote Originally Posted by mosrrt View Post
    Paul is right . I was at that meeting. The only thing that they { BMW} told us was that they were not going to build a Goldwing like KLT !
    Of course. They will not be seen as tweedledee and tweedledum, and most certainly not as tweedledumber.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/