• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Party! November madness!

Rapid_Roy

Yes! A PARTY! The official "As Good as it Gets" party.
At my house on November 21st, a Saturday, the weekend before Thanksgiving.
Time 2 pm until whenever.
We will have sloppy Joes und snacks, because we have no idea who is showing up.
I will provide some beer, but knowing the prodigious amounts some of you can manage, I'll make no promises. :ha

This is a mental tune up party, we can talk about bikes if you want, and special bonus points to those who show up on a bike. My entire family will be there, so you can all meet my wife and Rachael and I'll even try to get my son to come out of his room. Perhaps if I shut off the power to it.
Deer hunters, sorry but this was the date I decided on. Blaze orange is welcome.
If there is no snow, mini bike rides might be fun, along with fixing whatever breaks every time we ride that Chinese made rolling garbage pile. :ha
PM me ifn you want details, or even if you don't, I am a friendly fellow.
:ha

:wave

Last edited:
Party?

A party? :dance Woot!

Probably not the first reply you were looking for but . . . . I am thinking I shall attend.

Yes! New Glarus and January is soooooo far away.

Anybody who came to the spring tune up party missed half my family, and they will be here this time.

:buds
:bikes
:D

Sounds like fun!

The official "As Good as it Gets" party on November 21st, a Saturday, the weekend before Thanksgiving. Time 2 pm until whenever.

+1

:clap

I should point out, it has nothing to do with the movie of same name, except I was feeling sorry for myself a while back. I remembered the famous line from that movie and I wondered if my life was "as good as it gets."

Right now is, as good as it gets, so it's time to have a party to remind us.
Perhaps we can also then appreciate our families more next weekend on Thanksgiving, I dunno. I'll see if I can line up some motorcycle movies just for fun.
I will have a fire outside and benches for those who wish.
Regrettably, no cigar or cigarette smoking inside the house, sorry.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun Roy, but its a bit far north for me this time of year. Plus you said the "S" word. I don't think they make chains for the RT. I hope you guys & girls have a ball....

Sounds like fun Roy, but its a bit far north for me this time of year. Plus you said the "S" word. I don't think they make chains for the RT. I hope you guys & girls have a ball....

You made me check to see if I put it in the wrong region.
Most will be in cars, I suspect, and it will be fun.

Sounds like a definite maybe for me. Working 6 12-hour nights a week for a while, the shutdown is "supposed" to be done by then.

Excellent! Where are my favorite ambassadors, formerly of Beemer Hill?

Shake those November doldrums, and come over to Casa De Rapide.:brow

Excellent! Where are my favorite ambassadors, formerly of Beemer Hill?

Shake those November doldrums, and come over to Casa De Rapide.:brow

COOL! Now that we are done with all of the "moving" BS, we can get back to the business of playing with our friends.

We'll be there, Mr. Roy. What do you need Brian to bring? :rofl

COOL! Now that we are done with all of the "moving" BS, we can get back to the business of playing with our friends.

We'll be there, Mr. Roy. What do you need Brian to bring? :rofl
You! :ha

I dunno, we are playing this fast and loose.

:dunno

Hmm, 380 miles for a overnight party..
Fixt

I go to Pansy's in Bloomington/Normal for her winter blahs bash, so it's not so absurd St Charles is about 6 hours by freeway (I think). It won't be as overwhelming as a Nat'l.

As you are a student, I may even be able to help with some gas money if you really need to get away.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I would like to come by, if that is ok.
No beer for me, I hope that will not offend anyone.
Thanks

Hello everyone,
I would like to come by, if that is ok.
No beer for me, I hope that will not offend anyone.
Thanks

I would be offended if anybody was offended.I don't drink beer either.
*said Roy, dodging the issue of what he does drink* :ha

Welcome, pm me for address.

This time of year it's hard to think of leaving Big Bend, TX.

SO . . .

I'm declaring an AS Good as it GETS southern regional party to celebrate with Roy and you all. :groovy

We'll stay at the adobe and invite my BMW "brother" Mike and his friends. 2 PM November 21st we'll join you all in celebrating.

A toast to Rapid Roy and his merry band.

Voni
sMiling

That is cool. :buds

It will be as good as it gets there too, because it will be warmer than here.

Next, we need to find members on opposite sides of the globe so we can make an Earth sandwich.

Back