• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Saturday, 22 November 2014

Cage World | Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Qualifying update

i-BLSpSc5-M.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Rosberg on pole for title decider in Abu Dhabi
German finishes four tenths of a second ahead of rival Hamilton to take 11th pole of season. Bottas third for Williams.

Formula1.com Post Race Press Conference

Formula1.com Qualifying Selected Team and Driver Quotes

FWIW Rosberg pipped Hamilton in the final flying laps of Q3 to take the Abu Dhabi GP pole. P2 Hamilton had led the previous qualifying sessions and Q3 to that point. If, two hours or less after the starting lights go green, this P1 Rosberg P2 Hamilton all Mercedes front row finishes that way, or swaps positions, Lewis Hamilton will be the 2014 Driver Champion. The permutations after that have been previously posted. Just as there are many a slip between cup and lip that can lead things astray; there are many things that could go astray for either Hamilton and Rosberg between lights going green and checkered flag falling. Hamilton is my pick. To prove me right and become the 2014 Drivers Champion he must avoid the many slips between cup and lip those two hours will offer up.

The Race to Turn 8

The Mercedes duos first challenge is getting to turn 8 on lap 1 in one piece. In turn this challenge breaks down into three parts: 1) the lights turn green, 2) turn 1 and 3) surviving turns 5-7.

When the reds go out and the race goes green the Mercedes drivers will no doubt sort themselves out but how will they deal with the Williams drivers taking up row two, is the first challenge. Bottas, like Rosberg, pipped his teammate Massa to take superior grid position. To that point Massa had out performed his teammate in both qualifying sessions. More importantly he had done it with consistent times that challenged the Mercedes pairs times. All four are very capable drives; however a slip here could have these four pilling up.

The Yas Marina Circuit offers up a hard left at the end of the grandstand straight. Assuming the front four launch safely they must sort themselves out to get around turn 1 in one piece. All are capable drivers that should understand races are won well after someone wins the L1 Turn 1 race. However, never under estimate the stupidity of a SUV driver with a cell phone in their hand or a F1 driver heading into turn 1 on lap 1.

After making it through turn one the races negotiate a few sweeping bendy bits, sort their order out a bit, catch their breath and get ready for the next grandstand section. This section offers up a left right combination leading into a hairpin then the long straight to turn 8. Turn 5 will bunch the drivers up once more as they head into this combination of grandstand turns. They build grandstands around turn combinations like this to give race fans great views of brilliant overtakes or racing carnage. There is potential for both but drivers will be hope for the former. Achieving that they will have a long straight to drag race each other and begin to remember this is a 55 lap race. That said, never underestimate a F1 driver.

The Rest of the Story

On the other side of Lap 1 Turn 8 the race will unfold over 54+ laps. Honestly I don't have a clue how that will work. That is why they hold the races and we watch them is to see how the story line of the race plays out and who wins at the end.

My Sunday predictions ? Packers over the ViQueens (hopefully BIG) and Hamilton wears the 2014 Driver Championship crown.

The Bike Candy | Candy Bag

The Candy Bag is full of Bike Candy treats that were not selected as a Bike Candy treat but caught my eye and were too interesting not to keep and share.

From Iron and Air Magazine

1888751_712969785464217_5986320942420786213_n-L.jpg

10007456_589865694441294_677559010_n-L.jpg

10153146_606036739490856_622544028_n-L.jpg

10325733_631520933609103_120801074001907755_n-L.jpg

10169189_614500798644450_3772473582227137881_n-L.jpg

10375894_641759039251959_7932240495183002236_n-L.jpg

10389282_682246065203256_3296923097878105377_n-L.jpg

10401376_636656276428902_2221193997507703300_n-L.jpg

10730895_728724170555445_7227440131418714170_n-L.jpg

13925_408352825925916_1176849684_n.jpg

10903_671279699633226_7658645956608979460_n-L.jpg

15493_733969350030927_8279992716795381436_n-L.jpg

16286_405771152850750_564899625_n-L.jpg

18403_476762599084938_1519296648_n-L.jpg

29005_403898883037977_967390428_n-L.jpg

58833_405252302902635_549590125_n-L.jpg

60626_678557288905467_7490570330853858020_n-L.jpg

61409_476386775789187_81161602_n-L.jpg

60756_408012759293256_1877769888_n-L.png

166738_409392405821958_2109155824_n-L.jpg

Cage World - ON THE TRACK

Red Bull front wing found flexible, cars disqualified

fitechnical.com

Last edited:
GS what does it mean?

OK, we have the GS folks with their 2 wheeled Hummer aesthetic, but now we seem to have the CT folks with their skinny seat Street bikes on knobbies look.

If I had only known, I would have never bought that CB360 but waited for a clean CT350.........

Monday, 24 November

SRC%20BMW%20CAKE1-S.jpg

Members with Birthdays this Month

MOTORRADER

i-PWgjLh2-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Wayne Rainey Talks About MotoAmerica + Video
The most exciting bit of news about the 2015 racing season is that the series is under new management. The Wayne Rainey-led MotoAmerica series has high ambitions of developing emerging American talent to hopefully stand on the top step of the podium one day in MotoGP. In this video, Rainey talks about his vision for the series. Of particular interest is the mention that MotoAmerica will run in con
Motorcycle.Com Latest Articles Feed / by Troy Siahaan /
FWIW Some have seen eliminating Daytona as a death knell for this series; however, the link with Dorna's MotoGP and WSBK races provides motorcycle racing prime time exposure.

Yamaha Champions Riding School Adds Date At Inde Motorsports Ranch
Yamaha Champions Riding School adds January date to winter YCRweSt campaignTUCSON -- After selling out all spots in the recently announced December dates, Yamaha Champions Riding School (YCRS) has added a January event to their winter...
Roadracingworld.com /

AMA Pro Announces 2015 Flat Track Schedule
Twelve rounds confirmed for 2015
Article Headlines Headlines Cycle News / by Kit Palmer /

Suzuki will consider expanding MotoGP effort
Suzuki says it will consider introducing a satellite team in future as it comes under pressure from Dorna to run four bikes in MotoGP.
10 Crash.Net MotoGP Newsfeed /

i-3cb2KPg-S.jpg

On the Street[/size]

r80hp-1-thumb-360x223-7946.jpg

Now we are able to send a rear shock to overseas!
We start to send our original rear shock to overseas by sea freight. and until Nov. 28th(Japan time) we offer a special price. We have various type of rear shock. (There are some ritmo original models ) Please check our web site and send us e-mail. (will offer you a special price through e-mail. so please do not order at our web shop) ※It might take 2 month and more by sea freight. It depends
46blog / by ritmo /

Progressive International Motorcycle Shows Roll across the U.S.
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, OH ? November 22, 2014 ? (Motor Sports Newswire) ? The Progressive International Motorcycle Show? is leaving an impression on riders of all ages, with a show this weekend in Seattle, Wash. and wrapping up in Chicago, Ill. in February. ?This show has something for everyone, and is a ?must-do? if you?re a bike-enthusiast,? said Todd Matthews of Progressive Marketing. ?You can do
motorsportsnewswire / by Motor Sports News... /

Fresh Helmets | GEAR
Motorcyclist by bhatano /

Breaking News. S&S Cycle About To Launch The Biggest, Baddest, Bolt-In Engine In Stock Touring Frame. The T143.
Official launch will be spring 2015, but you see it here and I can give you a few details. First, a few words of caution from S&S Cycle VP of Product Development Scott Sjovall ?This T143 engine fits in a stock frame, and starts really well, but it is really not for... This is a content summary only. Click on headlines for full links, images, other content and more!
Cyril Huze Post / by Cyril Huze /

New and noted: Motorcycle gear
This month we?re looking at new vintage gear from Italy, a retro helmet with modern technology, a new urban moto jacket, and an incredible deal on selvedge denim riding jeans. Hide that credit card. Premier Trophy Helmets with retro styling are fast catching on, but there?s often a niggling doubt about how safe they are. If you?re the type who prefers a full-face lid, here?s a new option for you
Bike EXIF / by Chris Hunter /

Top Internet Motorcycle Stories - 21 November 2014
Getting colder, much colder, and I'm not only talking about my site's traffic. It's getting so cold I need to put on deep winter clothes when riding my motorcycle. Time to start reading more internet stories. Here are a couple that appeared over the last 7 days that you may have missed. - First Gear Kilimanjaro Jacket Review (Scooter In The Sticks) - Crowds Grow As MotoGP Pulls In Close To 2.5 Mil
Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Moto... / by Mike Werner /

2015 Star Raider Bullet Cowl Review
The Gods of Torque looked down upon the land and saw the Star Raider muscling its way through the atmosphere ? its rider clinging to the grips, vainly trying to become more aerodynamic ? and they decided to help the poor mortal to better enjoy the awesome engine that their powers had wrought. By their command, salvation for the rider, in the form of a bullet cowling, descended from the heavens, ma
Motorcycle.Com Latest Articles Feed / by Evans Brasfield /

Cage World

P0034940-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Horner: Right time for Vettel to leave
Christian Horner concedes it is the "right time" for Sebastian Vettel to leave Red Bull, both for the team and the driver..
PlanetF1 | News /

Bloodhound SSC to use Jaguar engine
Jaguar is the technical partner with Bloodhound SSC project; Jag?s V8 engine will help pump fuel for the rocket.
Autocar India /

Red Bull wing design 'deliberate'
Red Bull were disqualified from Abu Dhabi qualifying because their front wing was deemed to have been designed deliberately to break the rules.
BBC Sport - Formula 1 /

2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ? Starting tyre line-up
2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ? Starting tyre line-up At the 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix the drivers started the race on the following tyres: VETTEL SOFT RICCIARDO SOFT HAMILTON SUPERSOFT ROSBERG SUPERSOFT RAIKKONEN SUPERSOFT ALONSO SUPERSOFT MALDONADO SUPERSOFT GROSJEAN SUPERSOFT BUTTON SUPERSOFT MAGNUSSEN SOFT PEREZ SOFT HULKENBERG SOFT GUTIERREZ SUPERSOFT SUTIL SUPERSOFT
News .. / by by Pirelli /

FIA Formula 1 | Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Race Press Conference

SUN 23.11.14
DRIVERS
1 ? Lewis HAMILTON (Mercedes)
2 ? Felipe MASSA (Williams)
3 ? Valtteri BOTTAS (Williams)
PODIUM INTERVIEWS
(Conducted by Martin Brundle)

Official Race Classification | Race Timing Sheet
Best Sector Times
Fastest Laps
History Chart
Lap Analysis
Lap Chart
Maximum Speeds
Pit Stop Summary
Speed Trap

Championships standings:
Constructors Championship
Drivers Championship

Doing the double - Hamilton's route to the 2014 title
Eleven race wins, five further podiums, seven poles, 16 points finishes, three DNFs and seven fastest laps. Those are the stats behind Lewis Hamilton's hard-fought 2014 campaign, a campaign that sees him become the first British driver since Jackie Stewart to secure a second drivers' crown
Formula1.com - Latest News /

Race - brilliant Hamilton claims world title with Abu Dhabi victory
Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton produced a faultless performance in Abu Dhabi on Sunday evening to claim his 11th win of the season and with it his second world drivers' crown. Hamilton's team mate and title rival Nico Rosberg, who fell behind at the start, experienced mechanical problems and faded to 14th at the finish, allowing Williams' Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas to claim second and third respec

Race - selected team and driver quotes
Toro Rosso duo Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniil Kvyat on an unfulfilling 2014 finale; McLaren's Jenson Button on why fifth helps prove he is at the top of his game; and Red Bull on their charge from the pit lane to the top eight. The drivers and senior team personnel report back on the 2014 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Abu Dhabi stats - Hamilton Britain's fourth multiple champion
With victory in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, Lewis Hamilton became the first British driver to win multiple world titles since Jackie Stewart in 1969, 1971 and 1973. Hamilton is the 16th multiple champion in Formula One history and the first Mercedes drivers' champion since Juan Manuel Fangio

Nico Rosberg Q&A: Lewis did a better job than me
Nico Rosberg had to swallow the bitter pill of title defeat in Abu Dhabi as he suffered car problems while trailing Lewis Hamilton - but even in the face of cruel luck and crushing disappointment the German demonstrated his class, congratulating Hamilton and celebrating with his Mercedes team in the aftermath. In magnanimous style, Rosberg said Hamilton fully deserved to win the drivers' crown

P0034343-S.jpg

ON THE STREET

Bmw ( 14v627000 )
Dated: OCT 03, 2014 BMW of North America LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Sports Wagon, 2012-2014 BMW 320i Sedan, 328i Sedan, 320i xDrive Sedan, 328i xDrive Sedan, 2012-2013 BMW 528i Sedan, ...
Vehicles Recalls /

2015 Ferrari LaFerrari XX Spy Shots
Earlier in the year a Ferrari exec confirmed that development had started on an ?XX? experimental version of the LaFerrari supercar, and soon after prototypes of the track-only special were spotted at some of Europe?s top race tracks, including Germany?s N?rburgring where onlookers said it needed just 6:35 for a single...
MotorAuthority /

shutterstock_191990033.jpg
FWIW

This Week's Top Downloads
Every week, we share a number of downloads for all platforms to help you get things done. Here were the top downloads from this week.How to Unlock Hidden Settings In Your Favorite SoftwareNot every app has a Settings menu that's easily accessible. Sometimes, developers hide away debug menus, secret settings, and more. With them, you can unlock additional features or just get some crazy stats. Let'
Lifehacker / by Dave Greenbaum /

Race Notes | Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

I'm hooked once again. I can't wait to see the video. For the first time this year I watched a race as I have for many years, on Live Timing. To this point I had watched WorldSBK, MotoGP and Formula 1 the way I expect most of you do, on television or via YouTube film clips. At 6:55 a.m. F-O-L standard time I had sorted out my Formula 1 Live Timing login password, had the screen up on my laptop, a fresh mug and thermos of coffee and yellow notepad with pen and pencil at their side. Shortly after 7 a.m the field pulled away as the red lights went out and the race went green. I put my coffee down, picked up the legal pad and pen and smiled. It felt good to watch a race on Live Timing once again. Based on seven pages of scrawling notes; here is how I saw the race.

Hamilton won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and the 2014 Formula 1 Driver Championship in the process.

Hamilton won his eleventh race of the season in dominate fashion winning the race start reaction challenge with a clean get away while pole sitter Rosberg spun the rears enough to loose grip and fall into P2. The Williams team on row two had very different results after the first lap. P3 on the grid Bottas found himself in P8 after one while Massa moved up from his grid P4 to take and hold P3.

Hamilton held on too P1 until lap eleven when he made his first pit stop and started the cycle for the cars leading the race. Rosberg briefly took over the lead then pitted relinquishing the lead to Massa on the next lap who then returned it to Hamilton when he pitted.

The race began to take on an element of strategy at this point. The top three were within eight seconds of each other. They had pitted within a lap of each other thus potentially on the same two stop strategy. The gap between Massa and P4 Button was almost fourteen seconds behind and on a completely different pit strategy than the leaders. Would this be a toe to toe slug fest on the track or would the race be won by engineers and pit strategy.

The question held as the trio raced in lock step for the next four laps. During lap seventeen Rosberg's engineer told him that he would be running a longer leg than Hamilton. Would Hamilton be able to catch then rabbit away from Rosberg after he pitted? Conversely would Rosberg be able to better use fresher tires to bring home a Mercedes victory in the end? Massa and Williams held the wild card in either hand seemingly content to press, and press ever harder on the Mercedes team while waiting to see what his tire/lap time status would be when Hamilton would be told to start the second pit stop duel. The drivers settled in for the middle rounds of the race circuit seemingly content with their positions until fighting for the flag after their second pit strategies would play out. So it seemed for another seven laps.

As the lap times registered for the twenty fourth time Hamilton's lead increased from the 2.5-3 second range he held over Rosberg to 7.1 seconds. At the same time Massa closed the gap to P2 to 6.1 seconds from the 8.6 seconds on the previous lap. Rosberg had gone wide and off track in T20. With the loud pedal fully mashed down, Hamilton was on the main straight able to take the best advantage of his teammates mistake. Massa had to slow to negotiate the same set of turns that Rosberg had just bobbled but was able to pick up precious seconds. The question now became ? only about half way through this pit stop cycle, would Massa press Rosberg even harder or be content to wait until the final laps.

Briefly, as the lap times and gaps for the next lap were posted, we thought we had an answer. Hamilton had padded his lead over Rosberg to 10.9 seconds while Massa narrowed his gap to the German to only 2.1 seconds. Reading the numbers, one side of my brain was trying to comprehend what had taken place on this lap while the other was doing preliminary calculations on how long it would take Massa to overtake Rosberg and would have enough time to reel in and overtake Hamilton? Rosberg's engineer changed the race equation before I had even fully formulated my hypothesis.

Rosberg's engineer told him his ERS system had failed. This would put him down and estimated 150hp to Massa in the DRS zone. The conversations shifted from race strategies that might deliver a win for Rosberg thus keeping a glimmer of championship hope alive, to talks about what could be done to have him finish P6 or above. If Rosberg could limp across in P6 and Hamilton failed for some reason, the German would have the title. He pitted from P3 on lap thirty four. He rejoined the field in P7. With no ERS and suffering from increasing turbo lag he was carrion for the competition finishing P14 after starting on the pole.

The fight for the remaining points positions had some interesting moments. Bottas was able to claw his way beck to P5 and spent a much of the middle section of the race pressing Ricciardo for his P4. The pair were on slightly different pit strategies. Ricciardo was told to defend as best as possible but not at all costs. The team saw his race fights in the closing rounds to be with other drivers. Bottas pressed to under a second and held there until the strategies played out and he assumed his role as P4. Perez and Vettel had some interesting duels. Vettel P18 after L1 would finish in P8 just behind Perez. Button and Alonso had been part of the very early pit stop round. Button's day worked out better. He finished ahead of Perez while Alonso finished behind Vettel followed by Raikkonen finishing out the top ten. The podium contest continued while these stories were written.

With L30 in the books Hamilton's lead on now P2 Massa was 9.0 seconds with Rosberg in P3 11.5 seconds adrift of Massa. I scrawled - When will Hamilton pit? - in my race notes and promptly the leader answered my question by pitting. He rejoined P3, sucking Rosbergs exhaust fumes. During the ensuing lap Rosberg would grant Hamilton a wide birth and let him pass. At this point Massa was 15.1 seconds ahead of Hamilton, who in turn was 2.2 seconds ahead of Rosberg.

This gap would ever increase as Rosberg fell down the grid charts. When L38 was complete he would be P7 and lapping at a rate just a few tics and a toc faster than the Catherham in P18. In the final laps of the race the leader would be coming up to lap him. On L52 his pit suggested he pit and retire because he was showing more and more problems on telemetry but he refused and finished the race.

Williams had Massa on a long middle run similar to the Mercedes had planned for Rosberg before his troubles. He held a 15.8 second lead over Hamilton as the times for L36 lit up. Hamilton's pit talked about what he could do to tune the pace of his car; to which he replied that he was content with the pace. With a 24+ second cushion over the P3 fight, he remained content to incrementally cut Massas lead by tenths of seconds until L42 when he threw down a new race fast lap. Massa was within his pit window and it was time to get serious. L43 saw Hamilton post another race fast lap as Massa pitted from P1. As the L44 times posted, Hamilton was 10.8 seconds ahead of Massa. Hamilton went purple with yet another fast lap as his L45 time registered only to have it replaced by Massa's new race fast lap 10.3 seconds latter. How would the final ten laps play out?

I did not bother to do any estimates. Rather, I watched as Massa turned in fast lap after fast lap, while Hamilton danced on a fine line between pressing hard and being careful with his car to finish the race. I show the gap as 5.0 seconds at the end of the penultimate race lap. That, perhaps is a poor measure of what I saw unfolding on live timing.

When Massa returned to the race 10.8 seconds behind Hamilton in P2, he was listed as being 13.7 seconds ahead of P3 Ricciardo. Yes Ricciardo was in a fight with Bottas, but both knew that fight would resolve itself when Ricciardo would make his final pit stop. They may have been in a duel but their pressing interest was to widen the gap between them and P5 Button while trying to get in contact with the pair out front. During the span of L44 to the start of the final lap Massa cut Hamilton's lead to 3.2 seconds while the front pair had widened the gap between them and P3 to 26.1 seconds. Lest you think they sat back and motored in the last lap Massa closed Hamilton's lead to 2.56 seconds while the gap to P3 widened a smidge more at 26.304.

Hamilton takes his second Formula 1 Driver Championship and the Packers beat the Vikings taking the leading in the NFC Central in the process.. It has been a good day.

12784_617243971713873_2609771319933241134_n.jpg

Reference Library

0876-S.jpg

Bike Candy

41703ed1a5e0afdff925c35edcc2c39b.jpg

Tuesday, 25 November 2014

SRC%20BMW%20CAKE1-S.jpg

MOTORRADER

10806455_894993320544911_8175672692703552047_n-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Poor Weather Conditions Hinder First Day Of World Superbike Testing At Jerez
DE PUNIET & LOWES POSITIVE AFTER JEREZ TEST 1ST DAYAlex Lowes and Randy de Puniet got to grips with their new Voltcom Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000s at a damp Circuito de Jerez in Spain today as preparations for the 2015 FIM Su...
Roadracingworld.com*/

Miller Motorsports Park Announces Its 2015 Major Event Schedule
2015 Schedule of Events AnnouncedDeep-discount season and individual-event tickets on sale until December 31
Roadracingworld.com*/

P90135051-highRes-S.jpg

On the Street

VIDEO: 2015 BMW S1000XR Will the new S1000XR, revealed at EICMA 2014, hasten the demise of BMW?s beloved boxer engine?
http://cf.c.ooyala.com/puMHZ2cTpUrdMOPtEOFoUc0hakm9d3kH/AZ2ZgMjz0LFGHCPn4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ Please enable Javascript to watch this video At the recent EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, BMW Motorrad took the wraps off the new 2015 S1000XR, a sport-touring bike with the upright ergonomics and rugged looks of an ADV machine. While BMW traditionalists might scoff at the new XR, saying that the boxer-powe
Cycle World*/ by Andrew Bornhop /

The Birth of the Harley-Davidson V-Twin
You can't have Harley-Davidson without the V-twin, the two have been synonymous with each other for 100 years.*The Motor Company has turned this 45-degree engine layout into an iconic part of their own brand, more so than any other motorcycle manufacturer
Hell for Leather*/

Harley-Davidson Cold Weather Riding Footwear
Harley-Davidson offers footwear styles for cold weather riding.
Motorcycle USA Article Headlines Headlines Homepage*/

2014 BMW R1200GS vs KTM 1190 Adventure R
See the 2014 BMW R1200GS face off against the KTM 1190 Adventure R to see which is the better all-around adventure touring mount.
Motorcycle USA Article Headlines Headlines Homepage*/ by Justin Dawes

P0034964-S.jpg

MotherShip News

BMW Motorsport News ? Issue 42/14.
Wittmann crowned ADAC motorsport personality of the year ? champions' party for BMW Team RMG at the N?rburgring.
BMW Group PressClub Global*/

BMW Motorrad Motorsport family gathers in Munich to celebrate end of season ? Top BMW Motorrad Race Trophy participants honoured.
The international BMW Motorrad Motorsport family met up to bid farewell to the 2014 season: at the first BMW Motorrad Motorsport Season Finale in Munich (DE). BMW Motorrad privateers from all over the world gathered at the home of BMW Motorrad to look back on the successful 2014 season.
BMW Group PressClub Italy*/

Christmas Gift Ideas: the new BMW Original Accessories.
A host of practical retrofit products enhance driving comfort and safety.

Cage World

P0034914-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Abu Dhabi analysis - Hamilton keeps his cool in desert showdown
Nico Rosberg had done his best to pile the pressure on title rival Lewis Hamilton ahead of their Abu Dhabi showdown, but as he suffered the agony of technical problems, Hamilton kept his cool to secure victory - and with it a second Formula One world championship crown. Williams, meanwhile, scored their first double podium in almost a decade, while there were emotional farewells for Sebastian Vett
Formula1.com - Latest News*/

Lewis Hamilton Q&A: I'll be even better in 2015
Lewis Hamilton opted for quiet rather than wild celebrations on Sunday night, reminiscing with family and friends about his journey from starry-eyed go-karter to double Formula One world champion. But while he admits the magnitude of his success might take a while to sink in, his attention is already turning to 2015 - when he believes he can apply lessons from this campaign and become even stronge
Formula1.com - Latest News*/

/What will the F1 world championship battle of 2015 look like?
The championship outcome this year was pretty much as many predicted after winter testing, with Mercedes closing out the Constructors? Championship and Lewis Hamilton the Drivers? title. So, looking into the crystal ball, what does 2015 look like? Here?s our analysis, based on what we?ve seen and heard in the final weeks of this season. [?]
James Allen on F1 ? The official James Allen website on F1*/

Mattiacci dumped as Ferrari F1 boss ? Arrivabene Arrives to Spearhead Revival
There has been more upheaval at Ferrari as Marco Mattiaci has been replaced*as Ferrari F1 boss with immediate effect by long time*Philip Morris executive Maurizio Arrivabene in a move that had been rumoured*during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend. Mattiaci leaves Ferrari after just eight*months at the helm and following the departures of Stefano Domenicali [?]

Formula 1 gossip column
The British media react to Lewis Hamilton's title victory, Mercedes expect Hamilton contract talks soon, plus more.
]BBC Sport - Formula 1*/

0052319da7f2717efc8c5a3114d930bf.jpg

The BR&TMR Bijou Presents

BMW Design. Portrait Edgar Heinrich, Head of Design BMW Motorrad.

LA Auto Show 2014 - BMW Group

Yard Built XV950 'El Rat?n Asesino' by Marcus Walz

BMW M135 Vs VW Golf GTI - Top Gear - Series 21 ? BBC

2016 Jaguar F-TYPE AWD

2015 Corvette Z06: GTR Beware! The High Performance Bargain Benchmark is Back! - Ignition Ep. 119

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Racing (625 HP)

FWIW

Simple Circuit Could Double Cell Phone Data Speeds
A circuit that lets a radio send and receive data simultaneously over the same frequency could supercharge wireless data transfer.A relatively simple circuit invented by researchers at the University of Texas could let smartphones and other wireless devices send and receive data twice as fast as they do now.
New on MIT Technology Review*/

Tips for Designing a Connected Home That Isn?t Chaos
Not much is certain in technology and design, except for one pattern we?ve seen time and again: whenever a new class of technology becomes available, everyone wants a piece of it. In the late ?90s it was websites, then it was apps, and now it?s connected everything, aka, the Internet of Things (IoT). But there?s [?] The post Tips for Designing a Connected Home That Isn?t Chaos appeared first on WI
WIRED*/ by John Kiechel and ... /

How To Cut Rope Without Scissors or a Knife
* Learn how to cut rope or string in a pinch when you don?t have any scissors or knives handy. A great life hack trick to help you in an emergency! If you enjoyed this video, you can see many more from Dave Hax on YouTube. * *
TwistedSifter*/ by twistedsifter /

The Internet of Anything: A Smartphone App That Lets You Control Your Office Environment
Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University have built a mobile app that aims to give office workers more control over their environment while saving energy. The post The Internet of Anything: A Smartphone App That Lets You Control Your Office Environment appeared first on WIRED.
WIRED*/ by Klint Finley /

Long Lost Letter That Inspired 'On The Road' Style Has Been Found
Known as the "Joan Anderson Letter," the 18-page, single-spaced, stream of consciousness note from Neal Cassady to Jack Kerouac was found amid the dusty papers of a now-closed publishing house.? E-Mail This
Arts & Life*/ by Lynn Neary /

Intricate Pop-Up Sculptures Are Tiny Feats of Engineering[/img]
For the past 25 years the Peter Dahmenr has been creating impossible-looking pop-up sculptures out of paper. The post Intricate Pop-Up Sculptures Are Tiny Feats of Engineering appeared first on WIRED.
WIRED*/ by Liz Stinson /

background_screens.png

Reference Library

0876-S.jpg

Bike Candy

10641035_953827431313324_697901586565725930_n.jpg

63985_953827397979994_3714336068705776674_n.jpg

10389334_953827454646655_8561474696918039787_n-L.jpg

1526114_953827384646662_6742332946487764626_n.jpg

10402697_953827401313327_1013533288894381454_n.jpg

10417785_953827424646658_8529641802823285514_n.jpg

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

SRC%20BMW%20CAKE1-S.jpg

MOTORRADER

i-GX3n5rS-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Badovini, Elias To Ride J R Racing BMWs In 2015 FIM Superbike World Championship
J R RACING ANNOUNCES ITS 2015 RIDER LINE-UP
After weeks of speculation and rumours, J R Racing is delighted to be able to announce its definitive rider line-up for the 2015 World Superbike Championship. Spaniard Toni Elias ...
3*Roadracingworld.com*/

Video: Suzuki Racing And Testing The GSX-RR At Valencia
Team Suzuki Racing News video of the SUZUKI MotoGP "wild-card" entry at the final round of the 2014 MotoGP Championship at Valencia in Spain on November 9th along with footage from the following three-day test.
Roadracingworld.com*/

Lussiana wins with his BMW S 1000 RR and takes championship lead in Brazil.
While the 2014 season has come to an end in Europe as well as in the international championships, privateer BMW Motorrad riders are still in the title fight in national series in the southern hemisphere. Last weekend, the Brazilian Superbike Championship (BRSBK) held its seventh and penultimate round of the year at Santa Cruz do Sul (BR) ? with another triumph for the BMW S 1000 RR.
BMW Group PressClub Sport*/

Leon Haslam Aprilia:
Fast Break Most had already written off Leon Haslam, but in 2015 the 31 year old denies the Superbike World Championship at the Aprilia factory team. He hopes for a second youth.
1 Speed Week Superbike News overview / by Ivo Sch?tzbach /

i-cfSTjnq-S.jpg

On the Street

Honda Produces 300-Millionth Motorcycle
Honda Marks Unprecedented Milestone: Global Production*of 300 Million Motorcycles<strong...
Roadracingworld.com*/

Victory Motorcycles and Helping with Horsepower? Engage At-Risk Youth to Set Land Speed Record
Records were broken and memories were made.*Victory Motorcycles and Pine Bush High School?s Starz Program Helping With Horsepower? sets a new national land speed record while providing a learning experience for at-risk youths. Laura Klock of Klock Werks Kustom Cycles... This is a content summary only. Click on headlines for full links, images, other content and more!
Cyril Huze Post*/ by Cyril Huze /

?Ton Up? Your Late Model Harley Sportster
The Sportster based Caf? Racer has become a style in its own right, taking the classic look to new levels and doing it with a magic only a Harley can bring to the table. The one missing piece of that* Caf? Ton up formula is often a traditional tail section and thanks to the... This is a content summary only. Click on headlines for full links, images, other content and more!

New Wunderlich BMW Boxer watch II
BMW motorcycle accessory specialist Wunderlich has revealed a limited edition watch based on the R series? instruments.Wunderlich says the Boxer Watch II, which features off-set faces set into a solid stainless steel casing, celebrates the 16-year history of the latest boxer twins.Each watch is individually numbered, with a unique serial number engraved in the polished stainless bac
Visordown*/ by Visordown News /

Harley-Davidson MotorClothes adds waterproof, layered jackets | Dealernews
MILWAUKEE, Wis. ? Harley-Davidson MotorClothes has introduced two jackets and two gloves, including the waterproof Elite men?s jacket and the women?s Rallyrunner 3-in-1 jacket. Men?s TVS waterproof Elite jacket ($350): The waterproof Elite utilizes the Triple Vent System, with three tiered vents on each side of the body. The vents have stay-open snap tabs for extra airflow. The 600/900 denier text
Harley-Davidson MotorClothes adds waterproof, layered jackets | Dealernews

P0034958-S.jpg

MotherShip News

BMW i Ventures announces strategic investment in Zendrive.
New York City, NY. The BMW Group continues adding innovative mobility services under the brand BMW i. The company?s venture capital company, BMW i Ventures, is announcing a new investment in Zendrive. Zendrive is a company that uses data and analytics to improve driving. This latest investment will add to the number of BMW investments which currently includes JustPark, Chargepoint, Life360, Charge
BMW Group PressClub USA*/

BMW is official partner of the Art Basel in Miami Beach 2014. Presentation of BMW Art Cars designed by Roy Lichtenstein and Michael J. Nelson.
Miami. From December 4 to 7, the Art Basel in Miami Beach will open its doors for the 13th time. As in previous years, BMW will again be involved in the 2014 art fair as partner with an event of its own and will provide the official VIP shuttle service with 7 series vehicles for visitors to the show.

Cage World

i-rgD38Xw-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Lewis: Contract pretty much a formality
Lewis Hamilton wrapped up his second title on Sunday and he believes it is only a matter of time before he wraps up a new Mercedes contract...
PlanetF1 | News*/*

False start for McLaren-Honda
It's not the start that McLaren-Honda had in mind as they were forced to sit out the morning session on the first day of testing in Abu Dhabi...
PlanetF1 | News*/

Caterham deal talks 'within weeks'
Administrators for Formula 1 team Caterham say talks with a potential buyer could put them back in business within weeks.
BBC Sport - Formula 1*/

Wait goes on at McLaren
The wait continues for Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen as Ron Dennis insists that McLaren are yet to decide on their line-up...
PlanetF1 | News*/

P0034942-S.jpg

ON THE STREET

Mazda ( 14v675000 )
Dated: OCT 24, 2014 Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Mazda6 vehicles manufactured October 25, 2012, to October 10, 2014. If the pressures of four of the tires on an affec...
Vehicles Recalls*/

Australian Supercar Startup Joss Gains New Investor, Plans To Go Public
Recently, we told you about a supercar startup in Australia by the name of Joss, and how it had turned to crowdfunding to help finance the development of a new prototype. Well, the team at Joss, which includes a number of engineers with Formula One and Le Mans backgrounds, having been working on the project for several years and now finally appear...
MotorAuthority*/

McLaren Releases Second Teaser For New Sports Series
McLaren is working on a new supercar positioned below its 650S that the automaker recently confirmed would be called the Sports Series. We now have our second teaser shot, which shows the car with its door open and carbon fiber tub revealed. The basis of the Sports Series will be the same carbon fiber monocoque chassis used in McLaren?s...
MotorAuthority*/

This Restored 1963 Batmobile Could Cost You a Cool $500K
This Batmobile was lost for decades. Now it's newly restored and up for auction. Opening bid? $90,000. The post This Restored 1963 Batmobile Could Cost You a Cool $500K appeared first on WIRED.
WIRED ? Autopia*/ by Angela Watercutte... /

Ex-Schumacher Benetton Formula 1 Car
It sometimes surprises me how inexpensive it can be to buy a fully functioning Formula 1 car, although I know ?240,000 to ?300,000 isn?t exactly cheap it also isn?t stupid money for a car that was Nelson Piquet?s last Formula 1 car before it was assigned to a young Martin Brundle and an up and coming German chap by the name of Michael Schumacher.The Benetton-Ford B191/191B was designed by legendar
silidrome.com

The KTM X-Bow in Essen will present its new KTM X-Bow and the X-Bow Battle in 2015 at the Essen Motor Show 2 show The Bikers' Den - Headlines /

caradisiac.com

2014 FIM Sidecar World Championship - Best Shots Clip

SUZUKI MOTOGP VALENCIA NEWS VIDEO

MV AGUSTA in TOUR con le FRECCE TRICOLORI

[ENGLISH] MinEDrivers - Chapter 1x02 - 2014 Putrajaya ePrix

FWIW

GAO-15-77, Veterans' Reemployment Rights: Department of Labor Has Higher Performance Than the Office of Special Counsel on More Demonstration Project Measures, November 25, 2014
What GAO Found Demonstration Project Performance Between August 2011 and August 2014, the Department of Labor (DOL) demonstrated relatively higher performance than the Office of Special Counsel (OSC) on three of five performance metrics in*the Veterans' Benefits Act of 2010 (VBA).The relative performance was influenced?to a varying extent?by a number of factors, such as the investigative approach.
GAO Reports*/

Why Apple Failed to Make Sapphire iPhones
The delicate, monthlong process of growing sapphire accounts for why Apple?s sapphire supplier failed to deliver for the iPhone 6.In the year leading up to the release of the iPhone 6, Apple invested more than $1 billion in an effort to make sapphire one of the device?s big selling points. Making screens out of the nearly unscratchable material would have helped set the new phone apart from its co
New on MIT Technology Review*/

What if Our Money Were Designed to Celebrate Science Instead of Presidents?
Design student Travis Purrington reworked U.S. currency to celebrate systems and knowledge, not individuals. The post What if Our Money Were Designed to Celebrate Science Instead of Presidents? appeared first on WIRED.
WIRED*/ by Margaret Rhodes /

In The Mood For A New Laptop?
Love this refreshing design for a laptop by Antoine Beynel. It?s got that sexy aluminum finish and neat keys on the keyboard. What makes it stand apart is the customizable integrated sleeve that becomes a part of the computer. This ways you can protect your laptop and carry it with ease. Another striking feature is the way the ports on the side can be hidden and protected while traveling. Very coo
Yanko Design*/ by Radhika Seth /

13022_913662258652765_4941886695882699095_n.jpg

It is snowing so it must be time to climb into the Turdmobile, drive five hours and spend a long weekend with some of the Pit Crew.

1517548_861689720537899_4426805412903334201_n%20%281%29-M.jpg

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL

Reference Library

0876-S.jpg

Bike Candy

2_12-L.jpg

Bike Candy

From BMW Art and Wallpapers

10500532_590469227749590_1496648686514466936_n.jpg

10801726_850547811645779_5895125938692486118_n%20%281%29-L.jpg

As seen elsewhere on the net

10277435_555577314587088_8594513866797017477_n-L.jpg

10374517_842588462441714_8470424971291503500_n-L.jpg

10308146_629677633790303_5897101017308211843_n.jpg

10644803_851522621536055_2927408514169408995_n.jpg

10636053_838938782806682_7031390782363863764_n-L.jpg

Stilo%20Zero%202014%20by%20Liquid%20Colour%20Designs%2002-L.jpg

From Cafe Racer Designs

tumblr_neotyrRVIP1rwscqto1_1280-L.jpg

tumblr_neotyrRVIP1rwscqto3_1280-L.jpg

tumblr_neotyrRVIP1rwscqto2_1280-L.jpg

tumblr_new2xtsow21rwscqto2_1280-L.jpg

tumblr_new2xtsow21rwscqto1_1280-L.jpg

tumblr_new2xtsow21rwscqto4_1280-L.jpg

From the net

BMW_laterale_SX-L.jpg

BMW_sx_inclinata-L.jpg

BMW_detail_015-L.jpg

BMW_detail_006-L.jpg

BMW_detail_007-L.jpg

BMW_detail_003-L.jpg

Saturday, 29 November 2014

SRC%20BMW%20CAKE1-S.jpg

MOTORRADER

i-mRJxVXt-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Debut of the new BMW S1000RR:
High expectations yesterday moved Sylvain Barrier, the new BMW S1000RR Team BMW Motorrad Italia in Jerez for the first time in the Superbike trim on the racetrack.
speedweek.com

Sylvain Barrier Talks New BMW
New S1000RR World Superbike race bike breaks cover at Jerez
Article Headlines Headlines Cycle News / by Gordon Ritchie /

Jerez test: Sylvain Barrier (BMW)
on the last day forward instead of storm and rain had yesterday's final day of testing the Superbike World Championship in Jerez de la Frontera conciliatory weather ready. BMW driver Sylvain Barrier on Friday Fastest, Suzuki ace Alex Lowes total.
Speed Week Superbike News overview / by Gordon Ritchie /

BMW: electronic key to success
Sylvain Barrier helped the Jerez test of the 2015 BMW S1000RR heavily revised to debut on the racetrack. The Frenchman puts high hopes for his new work unit. Speed Week Superbike News overview / by Gordon Ritchie /
speedweek.com

Dorna Press Release: Honda To Continue To Supply Moto2 Engines Through 2018
Honda have been officially confirmed as the single engine supplier for the Moto2 class for another four years. Honda will make engines available to Externpro, who manage the official Moto2 engines, until the end of the 2018 season. The confirmation of Honda as official engine supplier means that Moto2 is to remain a single engine class until at least 2018. The chances of it changing after that are
MotoMatters.com / by David Emmett /

AMA Ice Race Grand Championship to crown first AMA champions of 2015
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association will recognize its first champions of 2015 at the Feb. 14-15 AMA Ice Race Grand Championship. This extreme event, promoted by North American Action Sports (NAAS), takes place on Lake Koshkonong at the Oaklawn Academy in Edgerton, Wis. "After many years, the AMA Ice Race Grand Championship returns to Wisconsin," said AMA Track
AMA News / by hwilson /

World Superbike Testing Continues At Jerez
FIM Superbike World ChampionshipCircuit de Jerez, SpainNovember 26, 2014Unofficial Day Three Test Times (all on Pirelli tires, as provided by
Roadracingworld.com /

Jerez Combined WSBK And MotoGP Test: Rain Plagues Fourth Day Of Testing
Rain hampered the fourth day of the combined World Superbike, MotoGP and Moto2 test at Jerez. The circuit in Southern Spain was hammered by rain, high winds and cold temperatures, rendering the times set far from instructive. While the Ducatis continued to circulate without transponders, Tom Sykes was the fastest of the officially timed riders, though he was lapping over ten seconds slower than in

PTR Honda To Stay In FIM Supersport World Championship In 2015
2015 PLAN UNFOLDSAS the 2014 season has finished and as we finalise our 2015 plans I thought I would share my thoughts with you to give you all a true insight into how managing a team pans out.After our poor year in ...
Roadracingworld.com /

Jerez Combined WSBK And MotoGP Test: Jerez Test Ends With Yet More Rain
Testing at Jerez has wrapped up completely, with the final day once again plagued by heavy rain, cold temperatures and high winds. A slight improvement at the end of the day saw the two MV Agusta World Supersport bikes get a little closer to a normal lap time, though both Lorenzo Zanetti and Jules Cluzel were still 4 seconds slower than they were on Wednesday, when the bikes were out on a dry trac

Mule-Motorcycles-Custom-R1-3-M.jpg

Wayne Rainey?S Custom Yamaha
RocketGarage Cafe Racer / by Orazio Marco Scam... /

Mule-Motorcycles-Custom-R1-2-L.jpg

Mule-Motorcycles-Custom-R1-7-L.jpg

Mule-Motorcycles-Custom-R1-6-L.jpg

Mule-Motorcycles-Custom-R1-5-L.jpg

Mule-Motorcycles-Custom-R1-4-L.jpg

Mule-Motorcycles-Custom-R1-1-L.jpg

Ruben Xaus will be the team advisor GoEleven SBK 2015
The former rider Ruben Xaus will become GoEleven important part of the team as they will become your advisor for next season 2015 World Superbike championship
plusmoto.com

MX: Mitas to Introduce Motocross Tire at Day in the Dirt
Mitas Tires Press Release: Mitas will display new motocross tires at Red Bull Day in the Dirt #17 in Glen Helen, CA. As a proud sponsor of this legendary motocross race. Mitas will unveil its new C-25 (front) and C-24 (rear) tires for use on extra-soft and muddy terrains and the C-27 (front) and C-26 (rear) tires for use on extra-hard and rocky terrains. MSRP: Not yet available MX Woodstock (Red
Cycle World / by The Wire /

No joke: Aprilia wants Max Biaggi SBK let go
Since his retirement in late 2012 the two-time World Superbike Champion Max Biaggi has often spoken of a comeback. Now Aprilia is working, the superstar actually return.
speedweek.com

CoTA Offers Five Weekends of Racing For $200
SuperbikePlanet.com /

i-rrNcn2k-S.jpg

On the Street

Top 10 most powerful bikes of 2015 so far
GETTING a like-for-like list of power figures for today?s bikes is a virtually impossible job. Short of sticking each and every one onto the same dyno on the same day, variations always slip in and manufacturers? claimed figures can be significantly different depending on whether they?re measured at-the-wheel, at-the-crank or in-the-marketing-man?s-head.But fortunately, the US Environmental P
Visordown /

Road test Honda CBF1000FA review
Headlights from the CBR600RR Small spots of rust appearing on bars after only 1600 miles Plenty of room in the underseat compartment RATHER strangely, riding the Honda CBF1000F reminded me of a Jeremy Clarkson review from a while back.This is years ago, before he used to land himself in the tabloids for upsetting the politically correct committee on a wee
Visordown / by Luke Bowler /

Europe gets V-Strom 1000 Desert Edition
No word on whether Adventure variant will come to Canada.
CMG News / by Zac Kurylyk /

Michelin now producing airless tire
The Tweel is being built in South Carolina, but technology hasn't arrived to motorcycling scene yet.

FWIW Michelin and Bridgestone airless tires have popped up periodically in the live of this thread. The applications to date have been off road while on road cage applications would seem to be the next logical step. Various international DOT regulations would have to be met along with working with auto manufacturers to find a niche in their lineups to begin with. Motorcycle applications strike me as problematic while holding the biggest potential benefit for riders and tire manufacturers...if....If some variant of 3D printing can be used to produce the tire. Tires and Tyres occupy a strange world that combines gobs (less than a googolplex but more than a bit) of technology with a labor intensive construction method. Motorcycle applications may be late adaptations but could hit the sweet spot that gives us new tire designs, that are reasonably priced yet profitable to make, while meeting the needs niche motorcycle segments only dreamed of having needs let alone tyre wants met.

Speed-Way Motorsports Shelters showcasing new arched design at Dealer Expo
CHICAGO, Ill. and SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - Speed-Way Motorsport Shelters will be showcasing its new arched design bike shelters at the 2014 Dealer Expo, Dec. 5-7 at McCormick Place West in downtown Chicago. Company President Don Reeves will be at the Speed-Way booth to greet dealers and discuss show specials. The company will have a full product demonstration at the New Product Demo Stage on Saturday
Dealernews / by mslepicka /

1971 450 Ducati Scrambler
.all pictures ? Phil Aynsley PhotographyThe 450 (actually 436cc) was added to the Scrambler line in 1969 and proved to be a very popular model, remaining in production until 1974. There were various different tail & head...
themotoart-journal.com

OC Garage Mortaio
Lewis Hamilton has just ensured his place in the history books by winning a second Formula 1 world title in a modern era where the excessive cockpit adjustments have garnered opinion from some that currently drivers have too much to concentrate on. I beg to differ. The steering wheel goes left to right and the pedals are in the same layout as in a Hertz rental car. Imagine being a motorcycli
the Bike Shed / by Ross Sharp /

Harley-Davidson Slipstream Heated Hand Grips
Harley-Davidson Press Release: Keep comfortable on those cool mornings or frigid night rides. Warm hands have a major impact on overall body comfort and sometimes gloves just aren't enough. Features: - Thermostatically controlled grips feature variable heat settings controlled with a military grade resistor and use automatic temperature monitoring to adjust to ambient temperatures - Grips remain
Cycle World / by The Wire /

What I'm Thankful for in Motorcycling - From the RideApart Staff
I'm thankful that motorcycling showed me what life could really
Hell for Leather /

Michelin Takes Aim at High Performance Footware Market
Tire-maker Michelin has formed a partnership with Chinese textile company Jihua to manufacturer soles for high-performance footwear including motorcycle boots with tread patterns inspired by the company?s tires. Michelin will employ its experience in developing rubber compounds and tread patterns with Jihua?s footwear arm JV International to create technical soles. The two companies hope to secure
4 Motorcycle.Com Latest Articles Feed / by Dennis Chung /

P0034956-S.jpg

MotherShip News

BMW Motorrad GS Helmet
Three years of developement yield to a brand new helmet made of 100 percent carbon fibre. Watch all new features presented by Udo Wattendorf, BMW Motorrad Product Manager Helmets.

What's next - Innovative production
WHY DO WE TEAM UP
WITH ROBOTS?
TO AVOID ANY IMPACT.

INNOVATIVE ROBOTICS FOR BETTER OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH.
IT?S WHAT?S NEXT FOR US.

Find out more at:
www.bmwgroup.com/WhatsNext

Cage World

i-RZQxfLw-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

[ENGLISH] MiniDrivers - Chapter 6x19 - 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Wolff backs new Formula 1 engines
Formula 1 car manufacturers are committed to the sport's new turbo hybrid engines, says Mercedes boss Toto Wolff.
BBC Sport - Formula 1 /

McLaren Honda woes continue at Abu Dhabi
McLaren endured a very difficult test at Abu Dhabi, one that was set to see the glorious public debut of the first Honda powered Formula One car in nearly ten years.
F1Technical.net . Motorsport news / by Steven /

Pirelli pleased with feedback on 2015 tyres
At the final in-season test of the year, held straight after the season-closing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Pirelli?s 2015 tyres were seen for the first time ? although there were no dedicated Pirelli test days, with each team concentrating on its own independent programme.

The 2014 season review: Hamilton's title - but only just!
The 2014 season ushered in arguably the most significant rule changes in F1 racing's history, and out of it all one team emerged as the dominant force: Mercedes. But far from being processional, we witnessed one of the fiercest intra-team battles of all time as Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg fought over the world title from the first race to the last

On Lewis Hamilton and the negotiations over a new Mercedes F1 contract
New world champion Lewis Hamilton certainly increased his market value with his title win on Sunday, but will it make him more or less likely to stay with the Mercedes team beyond 2015? The 29 year old has one more year left on his original contract with Mercedes and little progress has been made on [?]
James Allen on F1 ? The official James Allen website on F1 /

Raikkonen backs Ferrari's 2015 shake-up
Kimi Raikkonen believes the recent changes at Ferrari, including the recruitment of Sebastian Vettel and Maurizio Arrivabene, will help drive them forward in 2015. Vettel was formally confirmed as a Ferrari drive on the eve of the season-ending race in Abu Dhabi

Sainz to race alongside Verstappen at Toro Rosso in 2015
Scuderia Toro Rosso have announced that Carlos Sainz Junior will partner Max Verstappen in an all-new 2015 driver line-up. The Spaniard, who recently became the youngest ever winner of the World Series by Renault title, replaces Jean-Eric Vergne who announced his departure from the Italian team earlier this week

Motor racing-Formula One driver lineups for 2015
LONDON, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Confirmed Formula One driver lineups for 2015 after Toro Rosso announced on Friday that Spaniard Carlos Sainz junior would race for the team:
Reuters: Motor Sports News /

Wolff appointed Williams test driver
Williams have announced that Susie Wolff will step up to the position of official test driver for the 2015 season. The British racer had previously held the title of development driver, a role which culminated in her becoming the first female driver to drive in a Grand Prix event for two decades when she took part in FP1 in Britain and Germany

Ferrari spying on Mercedes: what's new?
Some media have recently picked up on obvious spying from Ferrari towards other teams, seemingly surprised that this happens in the sport. In reality however, it's "normal".

F1 to ditch controversial double points rule
Formula One will scrap the double points rule for 2015, with a proposal to ditch the unpopular format expect to be confirmed next week. The rule, championed by Bernie Ecclestone, was introduced as a method of keeping the championship alive until the final race of the season, but was heavily criticised by teams, drivers and fans, [?]

Hulkenberg to race at Le Mans in 2015 with Porsche
Nico Hulkenberg will compete in the Le Mans 24 Hours for Porsche in 2015 alongside contesting the full Formula One season with Force India. The 27-year-old German said the desire to compete in both disciplines had been too alluring to turn down

P0034894-S.jpg

ON THE STREET

BMW not interested in buying stake in Tesla: Wirtschaftswoche
reuters.com

2016 BMW 3-Series Plug-In Hybrid First Details
Next year we?ll see the first regular BMW models fitted with the advanced plug-in hybrid technology already found in the automaker?s i8 sports car, starting with an X5 plug-in hybrid which we?ve already seen in concept form. The technology, dubbed eDrive, is also destined for BMW?s 3-, 5- and 7-Series lines, and today we...
MotorAuthority /

BMW?s ?Tesla-killer? ? first ride in the new Power eDrive plug-in hybrid
A passenger ride in a BMW 5-series GT xDrive equipped with the new Power eDrive system hints at a bright future for Munich's new plug-in hybrid system The idea behind the new plug-in petrol-electric hybrid Power eDrive system is to provide a scaleable basis for BMW?s future performance and upper luxury car needs.The German car maker isn?t pretending the complex arrangement is going to replace the
Autocar RSS Feed /

Mercedes-Benz autonomous concept car spied
CES reveal in January for a radical Mercedes-Benz concept car, the interior for which has previously been previewed Mercedes-Benz will reveal its design thinking for a self-driving car at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in early January 2015.Photographs of a disguised but pod-like concept have surfaced in Germany. Mercedes-Benz design director Gorden Wagener, who is in charge of the pr
Autocar RSS Feed /

Cadillac Chief Hints At Diesels, V-Series SUV And New Sports Car
Since taking up the reins at Cadillac, long-time Audi exec and former boss of Infiniti Johan de Nysschen has been dropping plenty of hints about the American luxury brand?s future. Cadillac is in the midst of significant change, with the brand already announcing a new naming strategy plus a move of its headquarters to New York City. The next...
MotorAuthority /

Pricing Released For Full 2015 Dodge Viper SRT Lineup
We've known for a bit that Dodge was dropping prices on the 2015 Viper. The automaker did just that for the base car, bringing the MSRP down by $15,000 to just under $85,000. This move bought a nice bit of life into Viper sales, as the car was previously not selling well. After the price cut, the year-to-date sales figures jumped up 26 percent...
MotorAuthority /

Three new Caterham Sevens planned for 2015
Caterham to rationalise range with three new cars between the 160 and 620R, each adopting a name based on power-to-weight ratio Caterham is to launch three new Seven variants in 2015 in a bid to simplify its line-up and make the differences between its models easier to understand by adopting a new numerical naming system loosely based on the power-to-weight ratio.The Seven range will stay book-en
Autocar RSS Feed /

BMW R nineT special project | 2a Parte

Garage Built Three Wheeler Based on Suzuki Hayabusa SV1000 Not Polaris Slingshot T-Rex Morgan Elio

ENDURO ADVENTURE in the BADLANDS - Mini Documentary o#o
Published on Nov 27, 2014
ADV Motorcycling on the desert trails of Southern Utah's harshest Badlands. Featuring the KLR 650, DR 650, GS1200, WR 450, DRZ 400, WR250R, KDX200, KLX 351, and CRF 230F

Cafe Racer and Scrambler (Husqvarna 401 concept bikes)

The All-New 2015 Yamaha FJ-09

McLaren-Honda ? a new era

FWIW

TED Pico Iyer: The art of stillness

Published on Nov 26, 2014
The place that travel writer Pico Iyer would most like to go? Nowhere. In a counterintuitive and lyrical meditation, Iyer takes a look at the incredible insight that comes with taking time for stillness. In our world of constant movement and distraction, he teases out strategies we all can use to take back a few minutes out of every day, or a few days out of every season. It?s the talk for anyone who feels overwhelmed by the demands for our world.

CBO?s Role in the Legislative Process
Presentation by Doug Elmendorf, CBO Director, at the 114th Congress New Member Orientation
CBO's Publications / by Annette Kalicki /

The American Diesel Plane That Could Bring Private Flight to China
The Mooney M10 is a diesel-powered plane that could make private flying in China easier and more affordable. The post The American Diesel Plane That Could Bring Private Flight to China appeared first on WIRED.
WIRED / by Michele Travierso /

fmri.png

Stop Trash Talking Others to Improve Your Own Work
Finding the flaws in others comes as naturally as breathing to some people (myself included, admittedly). However, trash talk and gossip don't just strain relationships, they make it harder to improve your own work.As productivity blog 99u explains, having a hypercritical mindset with others makes it a lot easier to focus on your own flaws as well. You can find yourself throwing away good ideas si
Lifehacker / by Eric Ravenscraft /

jurassic_world.png

British Mystery Novelist P.D. James Dies At 94
The author of such books as The Black Tower was best-known for her series featuring Scotland Yard detective Adam Dalgliesh.? E-Mail This
Arts & Life / by Scott Neuman /

Reference Library

0876-S.jpg

Bike Candy

HB Custom BMW R100RT Rocket-Garage.blogspot.com

hb-custom%20BMW%20R100rt%20fotos%20by%20Mark%20Wehrmann-007-L.jpg

hb-custom%20BMW%20R100rt%20fotos%20by%20Mark%20Wehrmann-L.jpg

Monday, 1 December 2014

LAB7611-S.jpg

MOTORRADER

i-FcGfz3s-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Jerez WSBK Winter Test Press Releases: Kawasaki And Ducati
Press releases from the Kawasaki and Ducati World Superbike teams after completion of their winter testing program at Jerez: Year: 2014 read more
MotoMatters.com / by Press Release /

i-psPQR3P-S.jpg

On the Street

New ? BMW:
The small German born TVS happens Indian motorcycle will start to become familiar. Mahindra bought Peugeot Scooters, Hero EBR, Bajaj is the powerful ally of KTM and TVS working with BMW. In this case, it is the insurance to see happen soon ..
caradisiac.com

Salon Moto Legende 2014:
he should not miss ... More than 27,000 visitors attended the Salon Moto Legende this year. For those who have not been there and regret, we present some remarkable machines encountered over the stands. - Fairs / Paris - Ile de France (01), Old Motorcycles 3 Motomag: news, motorcycle and scooter trials, opportunities / by Pascal Girardin
motomag.com

Hard-Starting FJ1200 | FAQs (Can you say battery issues?)
Motorcyclist / by bhatano /

Textile Jacket Spidi Spidi Tactic Pro
presents urban Tactic Pro polyester jacket with a waterproof membrane H2Out, CE protectors and a cotton lining
lerepairedmotards.com

Boots Sidi Sidi Tour Rain
presents the Tour Rain boots Lorica and fully waterproof The Bikers' Den - Headlines /
lerepairedsmotards.com

The Perfect Traveling Motorcycle Tool Kit From Cruz
This sucker will keep you going down the road in an emergency. And the soft case keeps it from rattling like hell in your bags. There?s also room to wrap some tape and zip ties inside. Dig it. Amazon.com Widgets Related posts: Motorcycle Battery Tender With Excellent Features Motorcycle Camping ? The Guide To Traveling Light and Rough on Your Bike Part Two Three Pairs of Motorcycle Shades For
Bar Hopper Challenge.com / by Greazy Bastard /

P0034963-S.jpg

MotherShip News

Lussiana wins with his BMW S 1000 RR and takes championship lead in Brazil.
While the 2014 season has come to an end in Europe as well as in the international championships, privateer BMW Motorrad riders are still in the title fight in national series in the southern hemisphere. Last weekend, the Brazilian Superbike Championship (BRSBK) held its seventh and penultimate round of the year at Santa Cruz do Sul (BR) ? with another triumph for the BMW S 1000 RR.
BMW Group PressClub Sport /

BMW Motorsport News ? Issue 42/14.
Wittmann crowned ADAC motorsport personality of the year ? champions' party for BMW Team RMG at the N?rburgring.

BMW Motorsport News ? Issue 43/14.
BMW Motorsport Media Track Days in Monteblanco a huge success ? Awards and a Formula One test for DTM champion Marco Wittmann ? BMW DTM teams in Jerez for testing.

Nasser Al-Attiyah to drive a MINI ALL4 Racing in the 2015 Dakar Rally.
2011 Dakar Rally winner Nasser Al-Attiyah (QT) will start the 2015 Dakar Rally (3-17 January) in a MINI ALL4 Racing, built by the German-based X-raid GmbH. It will be the eleventh Dakar start for the 43-year-old Olympic bronze medallist in skeet shooting.
BMW Group PressClub Mexico /

Cage World

i-R6wZTvR-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

WRC: Kubica beats Rossi to Monza Rally win
Former Formula 1 driver Robert Kubica beat MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi to victory in the annual non-championship Monza Rally
MOTORSPORTS news - AUTOSPORT.com /

WEC: Porsche wins, big crash for Webber
Porsche claimed the first victory of its top-flight sportscar comeback at the Interlagos World Endurance Championship finale, while its second car was in a dramatic accident involving Mark Webber
MOTORSPORTS news - AUTOSPORT.com /

O'Connell 'talking' to potential buyer
Caterham could be sold "within the next month" according to administrator Finbarr O'Connell...
PlanetF1 | News /

Motor racing-Marussia cars and team equipment put up for auction
LONDON, Nov 30 (Reuters) - The physical assets of the failed Marussia Formula One team, including cars and factory equipment, have been put up for auction by administrators.
Reuters: Motor Sports News /

World's Simplest Electric Train
This ?Train? is made of magnet,copper wire and a dry cell.
Please enjoy watching this simple structure electric train.

Motorcycle Adventure - Himalayas, China
In this Motorcycle Adventure we ride he entire length of the Himalayas on the China side.

Yamaha ?Yard Built XV950 Boltage | Features | Motorcyclenews.com
This is Yamaha?s own new video chronicling the creation of its latest ?Yard Built? custom, an XV950 Bolt converted by the rather bizarrely-named ?Benders? custom house in The Netherlands. And yes, there are check shirts everywhere? Nice vid tho??

Polaroid Cube Action Camera
See http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycl... for the full review, photos and all the details.NOTE: For best results, select the highest quality setting under the YouTube gear icon.

Bike World Series 8 Episode 7
We head to Motorcycle live to check out what's new in the world of bikes. Suzy's riding the new Triumph Tiger 800 in Spain, we get a bit hot under the collar for the new Kawasaki H2R, Yamaha tell us about the new R1, Chris has a look at the Ducati Scrambler prior to us riding it in California and Suzy and Chris go head to head on the MX track..

FWIW

Remove Your Data from Tons of "People Search Engines" with This List
Search engines like Pipl allow you to find information on just about anyone. If you'd like to get your information removed, Computerworld has a giant list of opt-out links for the most popular sites.Each service has different rules for opting out, and they don't make it easy to find the instructions. Removing your information may take some work, but you'll be safer in the long run. If you do opt-o
Lifehacker / by Dave Greenbaum /

Reference Library

0876-S.jpg

Bike Candy

UNIT Garage - Xcrambler Kit For BMW R1200 R

Found on Iron and Air Magazine's site

1779960_743037292457466_1984684283418778506_n.jpg

download%20%281%29-L.jpg

download%20%282%29-L.jpg

download%20%284%29-L.jpg

download%20%283%29-L.jpg

Tuesday, 2 December 2014

LAB7611-Ti.jpg

MOTORRADER

P0034943-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

CRA Celebrates Its 2014 Race Season
The Central Roadracing Association celebrated their 2014 season on November 15 in Oakdale, Minnesota. The club recognized racers and volunteers who had standout seasons, announced novice racers who had earned expert status, and recognized the win...
Roadracingworld.com /

JR Racing BMW and the problem of raising money
Toni Elias and Ayrton Badovini will not test for the new team JR Racing BMW before January 2015. Sports director Troy explains the reasons for it.
speedweek.com

Jonathan Rea Explains His Move To Kawasaki's World Superbike Team
Jonathan Rea Excited About New KRT QuestIn the 2014 FIM Superbike World Championship Jonathan Rea won four races and finished third in the World Championship, proving yet again to be one of the most talented and competitive...
Roadracingworld.com /

Daytona 200 To Go On As Scheduled
Daytona International Speedway reaches sanctioning agreement to keep the tradition alive
Article Headlines Headlines Cycle News /

MotoGP pay TV 'something we must face'
MotoGP?s increasing shift to pay-per-view TV coverage continues to be a source of controversy.
Crash.Net MotoGP Newsfeed /

i-9THzb5g-S.jpg

On the Street

Exclusive: Cleveland Cyclewerks update ? New thumper en route and other plans
Cagiva may live again, through their 500 cc motor as used by CCW.

Harley-Davidson partners with Taj Hotels
With this partnership, Harley-Davidson will offer its bike owners a unique hospitality experience.
Autocar India /

CW COMPARISON TEST: Four Retro Motorcycles These four bikes?the BMW R nineT, Honda CB1100, Indian Scout, and Moto Guzzi Griso?pull at our heartstrings with superb style and excellent dynamics.
Every motorcyclist knows the feeling: that moment on a bike when all is right with the world, when you feel at one with your machine, when there is no place on earth you?d rather be. Sometimes, it?s where you are riding. Other times, it?s when you are riding. But most of the time, it?s what you are riding. It?s a connection that a Toyota Camry owner just wouldn?t understand. Like most things in t
cycleworld.com

5 Must-Know Cold Weather Riding Tips
It?s that time of year - temperatures are starting to come down in most of the country. If you're like me, a Denver resident, you aren?t lucky enough to live in a southern hemisphere ocean border state (see: California). So it?s time to stick that
Hell for Leather /

'77 BMW R100 "Night Cruise" A Max Daines Film
Here?s something we hope we see more of. A sweet bike, a bunch of sweet, sweet photos and a very sweet video. Max Daines is a cinematographer in Utah that has recently turned his hand to a bit of automotive film making. With the help of a damn nice BMW R100 bobber, Photographer Jun Song, and a whole bunch of empty city, Max has managed to produce something that raises the bar while avoiding some
Pipeburn.com / by Andrew /

Hesketh 24 First Ride Review
MotoUSA?s English colleagues share their first ride impressions of the reborn Hesketh marque ? sampling the S&S V-Twin-powered ?24?.
Motorcycle USA Article Headlines Headlines Homepage /

P0034939-S.jpg

Cage World

i-pfKQt5V-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

December 1 passes and no word on McLaren drivers
The McLaren F1 team said that they would name their drivers ?not before December 1″, having earlier stated that they would name them before the final race at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Today the team was clear that no announcement is imminent and so one of the more curious sagas of this season drags [?]

Vettel: First experience of Ferrari was 'magical'
Sebastian Vettel described his first experience of working with Ferrari as 'magical' after completing his first laps of Fiorano as part of a comprehensive introductory session with his new team. On top of racking up nearly 100 laps in a two-year old F2012 on Ferrari's bespoke test circuit on Saturday, Vettel spent time in the simulator and had meetings with senior team personnel
300+ Formula1.com - Latest News /

The First Time - with Williams' Valtteri Bottas
Valtteri Bottas enjoyed outstanding success in 2014, scoring his first Formula One podiums and beating multiple world champions Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso to fourth in the driver standings - and all in only his second full year of F1 racing. As the paddock regroups following a breathless season, we quiz the Finn on a few other firsts in his life, including the very unusual way he first l

F1: Virtual safety car gets green light
Formula 1 teams and the FIA have given the green light for the introduction of the virtual safety car (VSC) in 2015, following successful late-season tests
MOTORSPORTS news ? AUTOSPORT.com

Caterham can run current car in 2015[/url]
Formula 1 team Caterham are given special dispensation to run their 2014 car in 2015 to help them find a buyer.
BBC Sport - Formula 1 /

P0023372-S.jpg

ON THE STREET

Austin-Healey 100S
The Austin-Healey 100S was a sports model personally developed by Donald Healey with an aluminium body, no soft top, a perspex windscreen, no overdrive and an aluminium cylinder head ? all designed to reduce weight as much as possible without impinging on the reliability required by endurance racing.This fastidious attention to reducing weight resulted in the 100S tipping the scales at just over 2
Silodrome / by James McBride /

Behind the Wheel: Review: 2015 Lamborghini Hurac?n
Whatever other talents the Lamborghini Hurac?n possesses, its personality is defined by its incredible straight-line performance. It sucks the wind out of you.
NYT > Automobiles / by By EZRA DYER /

Automobili Turismo e Sport Owner Starts New Sports Car Brand
After reviving the Automobili Turismo e Sport (ATS) brand in late 2012, Italian businessman Gianluca Gregis has been extremely busy. In addition to launching a range of track cars and moving operations from Italy to the Canary Islands, Gregis has continued designing some new sports cars that he has now confirmed will be launched under a new brand...
MotorAuthority /

Damaged 250 GTO Owned By Billionaire Christopher Cox Restored By Ferrari Classiche
The Ferrari 250 GTO is one of the most expensive cars in existence, with versions of the classic racer, of which there were only 39 ever built, regularly swapping hands for more than $30 million these days. Naturally, the world takes notice whenever one of these rare beauties is involved in a mishap. That?s exactly what happened when the 250...
motorauthority.com

2015 Winter Testing - Kawasaki Racing Team

Vettel?s debut in Fiorano

Dezeen and MINI Frontiers: The Future of Mobility On Display

1950 Nash Ambassador Custom - Jay Leno's Garage

FWIW

TED How Safe is Too Safe? | Ian Ridgeway | TEDxMarthasVineyard

Microsoft Acquires Email Startup Acompli to Give Outlook a Mobile Advantage
Microsoft has acquired mobile email app Acompli, which aims to make it easier to handle common but sometimes complex email tasks from your phone. The post Microsoft Acquires Email Startup Acompli to Give Outlook a Mobile Advantage appeared first on WIRED.
100+ WIRED / by Klint Finley /

done.png

Reference Library

0876-S.jpg

Bike Candy

BMW R nineT Aluminia a Galeazzi design

alumia-L.jpg

alumia-002-M.jpg

alumia-001-L.jpg

[imghttp://m1ka.smugmug.com/Other/2014-BRTMR/i-tS6xN49/0/L/alumia-004-L.jpg][/img]

alumia-005-L.jpg

alumia-003-L.jpg

alumia-007-L.jpg

alumia-006-L.jpg

alumia-008-L.jpg

Wednesday, 3 December 2014

LAB7611-Ti.jpg

MOTORRADER

_3_20090217_1624026544-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

LCR Honda Surgery Update: Miller Has Plate Removed From Shoulder
With testing now over, Jack Miller has joined the ranks of riders undergoing surgery in the off season. Flying back from Sepang to Barcelona, Miller had an operation to remove four loose screws from his right collarbone, the aftermath of an old injury sustained at Indianapolis in 2013. That injury was fixed with a plate, but preseason crashes on the KTM Moto3 bike caused a number of complications
MotoMatters.com*/ by David Emmett /

Get Proposed 2015 ASRA Daytona 200 Rules Here; Comments Accepted Until January 5th
According to the official ASRA/CCS website (www.ccsracing.us), "The rules are open to comment until January 5 when the final rules will be posted."See the rules here:
Roadracingworld.com*/

Factory Participation in Daytona 200?
Suzuki Says No, Yamaha Undecided
Article Headlines Headlines Cycle News*/ by Larry Lawrence /

Video: Winter Testing With The Kawasaki World Superbike Team
Practice may make perfect before a race but testing is crucial to attack a whole season of WSBK races. The Kawasaki factory KRT team have regrouped for another all-out assault for 2015 with Tom Sykes and new signing Jonathan Rea spearheading the N...
Roadracingworld.com*/

i-J65S62X-S.jpg

On the Street

First BMW-TVS bikes to be launched in 2015
TVS Motors ans BMW Motorrad have tied up to manufacture and sell bikes with small capacity engines that measure less than 500cc in displacement. The first bikes from the TVS-BMW collaboration will be launched in 2015. Three different bikes will be launched under the collaboration under the BMW Motorrad brand, and all these bikes will [?]
Indian Cars Bikes*/ by Rakesh Datt

TVS Motor Company posts 36% sales growth in November 2014

TVS Motor Company posted a sales growth of 36% during the month of November 2014, with total sales increasing from 161,908 units recorded in the month of November 2013 to 220,046 units in the month of November 2014.
tvsmotor.com

Morgan 3 Wheeler Review
Your eyes aren?t fooling you. Yes, this is Motorcycle.com and, yes, the thing you?re looking at has three wheels, a steering wheel, bucket seats, seat belts and three pedals on the floor. It?s called, simply, the Morgan 3 Wheeler, and because it?s missing a fourth wheel, the Department of Motor Vehicles classifies it as a motorcycle (yes, even in Texas). And so, since we are Motorcycle.com afteral
Motorcycle.Com Latest Articles Feed*/ by Troy Siahaan /

Bajaj Auto motorcycle sales down 6% in Nov
Bajaj Auto on Tuesday reported six per cent decline in motorcycle sales at 2,61,94 units in November 2014.
Business News, International Business, Latest India Business and Markets

Cop this CFMoto 650cc police bike
CFMoto CF650G police bike Chinese motorcycle manufacturer CFMoto has built a police bike in just 10 months and it could be a clue to a coming touring model update. The police bikes were used as diplomat motorcade escort vehicles for the recent APEC meeting in Beijing. CFMoto APEC motorcade The CF650G was developed in 10 months and features a liquid-cooled parallel twin cylinder EFI 650cc engine wi
Motorbike Writer*/ by Mark Hinchliffe /

A Simple Revision Makes Speedway Shelters Much Better
Speedway Shelters is an innovative form of motorcycle storage and protection. Comprised of a retracting structure with a weather resistant canopy, you simply open the structure, ride the bike inside, and close the structure again. Now, however, the engineers at Speedway Shelters have made a simple, yet impactful revision to the popular shelter. By using a*new arched design on the top three cross m
Motorcycle.Com Latest Articles Feed*/ by Troy Siahaan /

AMA News and Notes: December 2014
National and Regional News* Washington, D.C.:*Congratulations on surviving another election cycle and thank you for voting. An additional ?thank you? to all who volunteered on a motorcycle-friendly candidate?s campaign. Your efforts to support those who support motorcyclists are critical to advancing rider interests in public policy. The 2014 AMA Voter Guide, an exclusive AMA member benefit,
AMA News*/ by hwilson /*

American Motorcyclist Association members and organizers receive exclusive money-saving benefits from MYLAPS Sports Timing
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- American Motorcyclist Association members, clubs and promoters can now take advantage of exclusive money-saving benefits from leading timing-and-scoring company, MYLAPS Sports Timing.* "Few technologies have contributed as much to the competition experience as automatic timing and instantaneous results reporting," said AMA Chief Operations Officer Jeff Massey. "
AMA News*/ by hwilson /

KTM Plans New Smaller V-Twin Engines, Husqvarna Too
A quick look at KTM?s recent additions to its model lineup sees significant attention being given to the company?s large and small-displacement machines, yet the middleweight bikes have remained seemingly untouched. That seems set to change, according to an interview MCN had with KTM CEO Stefan Pierer. Saying that KTM would develop new v-twin engines in the 600cc to 800cc range over the next three
Asphalt & Rubber ? Asphalt & Rubber*/ by Jensen Beeler /

The Kansas Motorcycle Museum
As brutal and naked as a set of brass knuckles, the Cleveland 4 was capable of hitting 108 mph?in 1929. Now, it cries tears of oil into tin pie plates. The prairie states are filled with automobile collections calling themselves museums and debris-filled barns devoted to ancient farm implements. There are museums dedicated to barbed wire. I passed a small billboard, hiding in a windbreak of trees,
Rider Magazine*/

Drysdale Dryvtech Hydraulic 2 Wheel Steer and 2 Wheel Drive Motorcycle
Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Here's an early (1990) build from the master builder down under. Ian Drysdale conjured up this interesting bike utilizing hydraulic drive on both wheels and, just for good measure, hydraulic steering on both wheels, as well. Powered by a 2 stroke engine, Ian named this the Drysdale Dryvtech 2x2x2. Ian [?]
The Kneeslider*/ by Paul Crowe /

Fast Motorcycle Industry News
Captain America Chopper. From $1.62 Million To No Sale.* This last weekend, friend of the industry Paul D?Orleans from ?The Vintagent? states that the ?buyer? of the Captain America bike auctioned in October for $1.62 million would have backed out. The reason? A series of... This is a content summary only. Click on headlines for full links, images, other content and more!

P0034954-S.jpg

MotherShip News

BMW Group U.S. Reports November 2014 Sales
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? December 2, 2014? Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 2.3 percent in November for a total of 31,019 compared to 31,752 vehicles sold in November, 2013. Year-to-date, the BMW brand is up 9.7 percent on sales of 298,212 compared to 271,891 sold in the first eleven months of 2013.
url=https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/pressDetail.html?title=bmw-group-u-s-reports-november-2014-sales&outputChannelId=9&id=T0197463EN_US&left_menu_item=node__804]BMW Group PressClub USA*[/url]

Cage World

i-497KMQ9-S.png

ON THE TRACK

INDY: IndyCar makes 2015 rule changes
A reduction in the amount of double-points races and the abolition of standing starts are the two main changes in the 2015 IndyCar regulations, which were released this week
[/url=http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117013]MOTORSPORTS news - AUTOSPORT.com*/[/url]

Williams grabs second Lotus sponsor in a week as team pushes for the front again
Williams is celebrating its most successful season on track since 2003 and has enjoyed more success off track as it today announced a second new sponsor, which it has poached from the Lotus F1 team. Williams saw a ?30 million boost in income from FOM prize funds thanks to rising from 9th in 2013 to [?]

P0025868-S.jpg

ON THE STREET

The cars of James Bond - picture special
We take a look back at the cars used by the world?s most famous spy, including multiple Aston Martins, BMWs and Jaguars, plus a very special Lotus Esprit The next James Bond film, which has thus far gone under the title of Bond 24, will be announced on Thursday. As well as seeing the return of Daniel Craig as the famous secret agent, the film is also expected to feature another big-name car to ac
Autocar RSS Feed*/

Wheelies: The Buon Anniversario, Maserati Edition
Maserati celebrates its 100-year anniversary; BMW announces plans to expand hybrid-electric offerings.
NYT > Automobiles*/

U.S. Auto Sales Continue Torrid Pace in November
The top six automakers sold more cars and trucks in November than analysts expected, with a surging economy, heavy discounting and falling fuel prices luring consumers into U.S. showrooms.
NYT > Automobiles*/ by By REUTERS /

Spyker seeks to stave off financial collapse
Dutch sports car firm enters bankruptcy protection proceedings in its native country as it hits financial trouble Dutch sports car maker Spyker has voluntarily entered bankruptcy protection proceedings in the Netherlands as it seeks to avert financial collapse.Spyker, which famously acquired Saab from General Motors in 2009 and oversaw its demise, today filed ?a voluntary petition for financial r
Autocar RSS Feed*/

Latest Pagani Zonda Special Edition Is The 760 RSJX: Video
Although officially the track-only Zonda Revolucion is the last of Pagani?s Zonda line of supercars, it appears the automaker is happy to keep churning out new special editions indefinitely (although perhaps these latest cars are based on existing chassis). The latest is the Zonda 760 RSJX, which was recently delivered to its owner in Hong...
MotorAuthority*/

Touratech Crash Bar Brace Installation

Business of F1: Caterham crowd funding, Marussia's financial woes & Ecclestone?s decisions

GoPro: Orca Rescue in 4K

How to Make a Noise-Proof Quantum Computer
The mysteries are just piling up. You can't split an electron, right? Wrong. Physicists Gil Refael and Jason Alicea explain the unique properties of electrons constrained to a 2 Dimensional world, and how they can be used to make noise-proof Quantum Computers

FWIW

Why the World?s Best Sailors Still Hit Reefs in Open Water Races
How do the world's best sailors?with the world's best equipment?find themselves aground on a reef in the Indian Ocean? The post Why the World?s Best Sailors Still Hit Reefs in Open Water Races appeared first on WIRED.
WIRED*/ by Alex Davies /

Twitter Beefs Up Its Anti-Troll Tools
Twitter is rolling out new ways to let its users report harassment, and block other users with the end goal of making it a safer place for people to communicate. The post Twitter Beefs Up Its Anti-Troll Tools appeared first on WIRED.
WIRED*/ by Mat Honan /

Book News: Files Said To Contradict 'In Cold Blood' May See Light Of Day
The son of an officer who investigated the murders central to Truman Capote's true-crime classic just won a bid in court to publish his father's findings, which he says contradict Capote's account.? E-Mail This
Arts & Life*/ by Colin Dwyer /

Serious Games Go Offline: Bringing the Board Game to the Board Room
In a digital age where everybody worships technology, a growing number of companies are going in the opposite direction. Instead of e-learning, apps or social media, they use physical simulations inspired by board games to accelerate the organization?s ability to learn and adapt to change. This trend is especially accelerating in Scandinavia, where business leaders [?] The post Serious Games Go Of
WIRED*/ by Ask Agger, Workz /

15 Futuristic Gifts for the Super-Early Adopter
Living on the bleeding edge can cause a bleeding wallet. But who cares? For the serious early adopter on your list, only these gifts will do. The post 15 Futuristic Gifts for the Super-Early Adopter appeared first on WIRED.
WIRED*/ by Tim Moynihan /

Reference Library

0876-S.jpg

Bike Candy

From Iron and Air Magazine

1231691_500542043373660_1286189396_n-L.jpg

1380348_524610990966765_1084772721_n-L.jpg

1511086_551377898290074_1391777565_n-L.jpg

1625507_697597713668091_9135575188586725483_n-L.jpg

10460363_654083138019549_719274501282050097_n-L.jpg

10574526_707708572657005_9138695064628710485_n-L.jpg

10599163_681564628604733_9173467854209835422_n-L.jpg