• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Friday, 24 October

i-3HKf8nn-S.jpg

Members with Birthdays this Month

ON THE TRACK

Dani Pedrosa?s best time in MotoGP? FP1 at the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix made him Friday?s fastest rider, with Aleix Espargaro and Jorge Lorenzo also in the top three - after the FP2 run was delayed and affected by rain at Sepang. MotoGP.com ...More

Reports: DMG Lets Key Employees Go ...
by staff/ SuperBike Planet..More

Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa Fastest In First Practice at Sepang MotoGP
SuperbikePlanet.com..More

Latest-news, Rossi's helmet after the incident at Aragon
The pictures of Rossi's helmet after the incident.AGV has analyzed the helmet in their laboratories R&D The is the analysis of the helmet after the crash of Valentino Rossi in the Aragon GP. The helmet hit the ground first, and the rear tyre of the M1 at high speed. It showed no critical structural failures and demonstrated how the helmet had perfectly absorbed the energy from the impact to pr
Gpone by semprinis@gpone.com ..More

UPDATE 1-Motor racing-Caterham F1 team on brink of failure
..More

Caterham could miss United States GP
Bosses of the Caterham F1 admit they will struggle to race in the USA next weekend if they cannot resolve a dispute with administrators.
BBC Sport - Formula 1..More

On the Street

MV Agusta F4 2015 makes 210hp
A NEW MV Agusta F4 for will make 210hp and weigh just 175kg,*the Italian manufacturer*has revealed in a presentation to journalists.Pictures of the new F4 SBK taken at the presentation are circulating online, including this one, from Italian bike website Motoblog.it.They clearly show specifications of a customer version of a new F4 to be raced in World Superbikes next year. The 2015
*Visordown/ by Visordown ...More

2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200 DVT Spied!
A spy photographer has captured a new Ducati Multistrada 1200 undergoing testing, confirming it will use the Testastretta Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT) engine. Ducati Reveals Testastretta DVT Engine + Video Despite the hallucinogenic camo pattern, we can make out the shape of the recently revealed DVT engine. The new valve train independently adjusts timing on both the intake and exhaust valves using an adjuster fitted on the end of each camshaft. At high rpm, the system increases the amount of valve overlap, maximizing performance. At lower engine speeds, the overlap is minimized for smoo
Motorcycle.Com ..More

Triumph's 2015 Special Edition Street Triple and Bonnevilles
So many of the Intermot unveilings earlier this month were non-US items, like the Yamaha XJR1300. We thought the new Triumph Street Triple RX wasn't coming to the US either, until we received a phone call from Triumph saying it might just be and along with
Ride Apart ..More

Keanu Reeves | Arch Motorcycle Company
Keanu Reeves | Arch Motorcycle CompanyKeanu Reeves Arch Motorcycle Company revealed its first custom bike "The KRGT-1". Arch Motorcycle Company KRGT-1 is a Chopper inspired Naked sport bike powered by 2litre S&S V-Twin Engine coupled with Baker Drivetrain cranking 121.53 BHP. Arch Motorcycle Company KRGT-1 Gas tank is machined outta billet aluminum. Arch Down Draft Induction System,
Grease n Gasoline ..More FWIW Soundly panned around here, $70+K bikes never do all that well here, I wonder how it will do with its target audience.

Bagster: Split Personality Motorcycle/Scooter Apron
#Bagster #Aprons - Bagster released a new apron for scooters and motorcycles that can be used in summer and winter, since it has a zip divided the summer half from the winter one. ...
Bikes in the Fast Lane ..More

Product test: Wolfman Beta Boulder bag
When Rob headed out to BC to ride Yamaha?s new FZ-07 this spring, he figured he?d keep the bike for a few extra days and do a tour. Great idea! Except, the bike isn?t a factory tourer, and doesn?t come with accessory luggage. Enter the Wolfman Boulder Beta. Like many of Wolfman?s products, the Boulder [?]
CMG News/ by CMG Staff ..More

CHP Study Finds Lane-Splitting No More Dangerous Than Just Riding a Motorcycle*
The topic of lane-splitting is heating up in California, after the California Highway Patrol (CHP) posted guidelines for the legal practice to its website, and then was forced to remove them after a formal complaint that the posted recommendations constituted the CHP making legal regulations.Now finishing a year-long study regarding the safety of motorcycles splitting lanes in The Golden State, th
Asphalt & Rubber ? Asphalt & Rubber..More

Lincoln Electric offers welder with variety of uses
CLEVELAND, Ohio --*The Power MIG 210 MP from Lincoln Electric is a multi-process welder for a dealer or hobbyist who wants to perform MIG, DC stick, DC TIG and self-shield flux-cored wire welding.* The display screen is color, featuring push-and-turn digital controls, while the all-metal wire drive and sheet metal construction make it durable. * The 40-pound Power MIG 210 MP is transportable, and
Dealernews
..More

FLY Racing?s Goggle Garage is for offroad eyewear
BOISE, Idaho - FLY Racing?s latest piece of luggage is the Goggle Garage, designed to carry five pair of offroad goggles. Selling points: In addition to housing five adjustable goggle storage slots, the Goggle Garage also has live lens storage pockets. There is a molded carrying handle as well as a loop for hanging the case up, and the zipper opens on three sides for easy access. The Goggle Garage
Dealernews
..More

Idea: I Would Like Something Like This For My Motorcycle Helmet
#Helmet #Lock #Belgium - Here is a great product from Belgium that I would love to see adapted to my motorcycle helmet. It's from bicycle helmet maker Lazer and it's called the Cappuccino Lock. ...
Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Moto......More

The MotherShip PressClub

An interview with DTM champion Marco Wittmann: ?I am proud to be part of the BMW Motorsport family.?
Four wins, three pole positions ? and the champion?s trophy: a dream season for Marco Wittmann (DE) drew to a close last weekend. In an interview, the driver from BMW Team RMG looks back on the past few months and talks about the three extraordinary gifts he received to mark his title win: the BMW M4 DTM Champion Edition, the ?Marco Wittmann? special edition Ice-Watch, and a Formula One test with
BMW Group PressClub Sport ...More

The new MINI: a present-day original and "Classic of the Future".
Successful showing in the readers' vote by automobile magazine Auto Bild Klassik: the latest generation of the British premium small car wins the 2014 Golden Classic Steering Wheel.
BMW Group PressClub Canada ..More

Culinary art and creative responsibility
ECKART 2014 presented at BMW Museum +++ Chef of the century pays tribute to fellow chefs Shuzo Kishida, Heinz Reitbauer, Sr. and Heinz Reitbauer, Jr. +++ Award for Art of Living? goes to Mick Hucknell +++ Jon Rose receives award for Creative Responsibility and Enjoyment for his project waves 4 water+++
BMW Group PressClub Canada ..More

Cage World

Daimler Daimler's decision to sell off its stake in electric car pioneer Telsa Motors surprised investors, who speculated that this might mean closer ties to Mercedes rival*BMW*by the U.S. company. News Mercedes parent Daimler sold its four per cent Forbes..More

FWIW

Isaac Asimov Asks, ?How Do People Get New Ideas??
Note from Arthur Obermayer, friend of the author:
New on MIT Technology Review...More

Reference Library

Bike Candy

BMW R 1200 Gaston Concept by MotoSketches.blogspot.it by way of OttoNero.blogspot.com

BMW%20R%201200%20GASTON%20CONCEPT%20%281%29-XL.jpg

Gee, where have you been? I didn't realize how much I missed this "regular feature" until now that it's back. Thanks a ton.

Saturday, 25 October

i-3HKf8nn-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Superb Sepang pole time from record breaker Marquez
MotoGP? pole position at the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix went to Marc Marquez, who notched a new premier class record 13th*pole of the year. Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo join him on the front row after the Q2 battle.
motogp.com - The Official MotoGP...more

Sensational pole man Marquez expects race battle with Pedrosa
Marc Marquez set a new pole record time of 1?58.791 on Saturday in Q2 at Sepang - his 13th*pole of the year ? but he believes his Repsol Honda colleague Dani Pedrosa will be a threat from second on the grid on Sunday. Motogp.com...more

Lorenzo pleased with front row slot in red hot Q2
Movistar Yamaha MotoGP?s Jorge Lorenzo continued his competitive form at the hot Sepang International Circuit by taking third on the grid. His teammate, Valentino Rossi, had a more challenging qualifying session motogp.com...more

ISDE: team arrive to the cuyo region
Teams containers are already all over the Paddock of FIM ISDE 2014 which looks like a city under constructions. Teams are arriving to the city and will start populating the city of San Juan fim-live.com...more

Motorcycling-Motorcycling Grand Prix Malaysia moto2 qualification results
Oct 25 (Infostrada Sports) - Results from the Motorcycling Grand Prix Malaysia Moto2 Qualification on Saturday 1. Esteve Rabat (Spain) Kalex 2:07.429 2. Mika Kallio (Finland) Kalex 2:07.587 3. Sandro Cortese (Germany) Kalex reuters.com...more

Motorcycling-Motorcycling Grand Prix Malaysia moto3 qualification results
Oct 25 (Infostrada Sports) - Results from the Motorcycling Grand Prix Malaysia Moto3 Qualification on Saturday 1. Jack Miller (Australia) KTM 2:12.450 2. John McPhee (Britain) Honda 2:12.909 3. Jakub Kornfeil (Czech Republic) reuters.com...more

AMA Denies Sanctioning 2015 Supermoto Series
American Motorcyclist Association corrects recent public statements about FIM North America and Supermoto competitionPICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association is correcting erroneous statements made a...
Roadracingworld.com ..More

Friday's Race Results From The 42nd WERA Grand National Finals, At Barber Motorsports Park
42nd WERA Grand National FinalsPirelli/WERA Sportsman Series and Vintage National ChampionshipsBarber Motorsports ParkBirmingham, AlabamaOctobe...
Roadracingworld.com ..More

WSBK Magny-Cours: Troy Corser managed BMW entry set to be revealed
Troy Corser is set to announce he will head up a new WSBK team for 2015, with Josh Brookes and Leon Camier rumoured to ride a pair of S1000RRs. crash.net..More

Caterham set to miss US and Brazilian GPs
Caterham are set to miss the US and Brazilian Grands Prix after the administrators now running the squad revealed that Bernie Ecclestone has given permission for it to sit out the next two rounds of the F1 championship.
James Allen on F1..More

On the Street

How the World Superbike Helps the Motorcycle Industry Grow
Auoevolution.com..More

AIMExpo 2014 All-Stars Our five favorite new motorcycles from AIMExpo 2014.
Without doubt, the star of AIMExpo 2014 was the Kawasaki H2R, the supercharged 300-horsepower track bike. But since we?ve already covered this hyper-potent machine pretty well?and because we will be seeing its street-legal sibling next month at EICMA?we?ve left the Kawasaki off this list of our five favorite new bikes from AIMExpo 2014. And do us a favor: After you read our list, which appears in no particular order, tell us which of these bikes is your favorite. And why. 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT Want in on a secret? Tall adventure-style bikes make great touring machines, and they don?t h
Cycle World ..More

2015 Hero HX250R Preview
Reports from India claim the liquid-cooled Single produces 31 hp and 19.2 lb-ft of torque. Subtracting a 12% drivetrain loss puts rear-wheel hp at 27. We measured Honda?s CBR300 Single at 26.2 rear wheel horsepower. On display among the high-dollar, high-performance bikes in the Erik Buell Racing booth at the AIMExpo was this 250cc bike from Hero, the HX250R. Hero Motorcorp is a minority stakehold
Motorcycle.Com Latest Articles Feed/ by Tom Roderick ..More

Easy Rider's Captain America Motorcycle Sells for 1.34 Million
Call me crazy, but $1.35 million bucks is a bit much for a hard tail; not sure if I'd ever pay that much, if I even had that kind of money to begin with. What's the rule - if you don't have a house that costs that much, than maybe a motorcycle is out of your
Hell for Leather ..More

How to turn a Royal Enfield into a racebike
With just 29 horses on tap, the Royal Enfield Continental GT is not the most likely of racebikes. But what it lacks in power, it makes up for in old-school charm. Fresh from the factory, the GT is a dead ringer for the home-built cafe racers of old, in a more modern package. Sure, the bike is a little outgunned by today?s standards, but it has potential?as the French RE dealer Tendance Roadster
Bike EXIF/ by Wesley Reyneke / ..More

BMW Boulder Neon Jacket Review
BMW quality and super-bright high-viz for urban adventures.
webBikeWorld.com/ by rss@webbikeworld.... ..More

Honda Gold Wing GL1800 ? Best Used Bikes
YEARS SOLD: 2001?2010 BASE MSRP NEW: $17,499 (?01) to $22,899 (?10) BLUE BOOK RETAIL VALUE: $9,890 (?01) to $17,605 (?10) BASIC SPECS: This classic Honda touring machine?the last Gold Wing made in the US?is powered by a silky smooth flat-six, a fuel-injected 1,832cc mill that mounts in a sporty aluminum chassis. The GL1800, the first new Gold Wing in 13 years, is a lighter bike than its GL1500 pr
Cycle World ..More

Interview: Bla? from ER Motorcycles
Bla? takes in his latest build There?s no doubt about it, today?s custom bike scene is a tough nut to crack. It takes seemingly endless amounts of creativity, hard work and time. And once you?ve heaped all that onto the altar of the biking gods, there?s still no promise of success. You could spend the rest of your cold, greasy life toiling away in a dimly lit garage and never sell a single bike. A
Pipeburn.com/ by Andrew / ..More

FastPack 8 From The Cycle Guys Inc.
The Cycle Guys happen to be two brothers who have a thing for finding innovative storage solutions for motorcyclists. Now, the Guys have released its newest, and largest, solution in the FastPack 8. Built for use on adventure and sport-touring motorcycles from BMW, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph and Yamaha, among others, the Cycle Guys website has a full application guide. FastPack tail
Motorcycle.Com Latest Articles Feed/ by Troy Siahaan ..More

FWIW

Thank you for the kind words in your posts and PM's. They are very appreciated.

I'm taking this thread back to the garage for a rebuild.

In practice, winter projects in the garage is never as neat and tidy as they were when I conceive them while riding. Mistakes are made as tool muscle memory and mind slowly synchronize once again. I prefer to work with the garage door open. This image illustrates where I am in the build you will see if you stop by the shop.

4H1A9598-L.jpg

Image from diamond-atelier.com

The thread as been stripped down to the bare chassis and tank. Both need a bit of repair while I figure out what I am building it out as. Several sub-frame members have been set aside. If I can make the simple bare chassis work with out them they will go off to the dumpster. If not, they will come back how and as needed.

Today I'm doing some frame welding. I am adding a central jewel box, a bijou, to the frame. In the past, videos had been tacked on to the frame haphazardly all over the place. Now Playing at the MC Bijou Cinema will hold all the videos in one place. For now it will be one big cinema. The guys in the AV part of my helmet tell me this will make life easier and faster for me to put together each post and for readers to find. Sounds like a good idea for speed but may require some sub frame work to organize it or some bending and paint. I think it will help the comfort factor on the thread and let me enjoy the ride more often.

The engine is off in another shop. Some engine parts have fallen off over the years. I am trying to find them to see if they need to go back on, be replace by different parts or if the engine works fine without them. There are new computers, searches and more to sort out. I've been tinkering with one component for some time. It is beyond my skills so I am sending it off to another shop.

The engine shop is small on the outside. It is about the size of a helmet that will nicely fit a size eight head. The shop is too small and messy to invite you inside. Yet, amazingly it is big enough for Me, I, Myself , The Other Guy and the world of the internet. The four of us may not be able to spend as much time inside the engine shop as we did in the past, but will get into the shop as often as we're able to.

You may not fit in the engine shop but you are more than welcome any time in the BR&TMR thread garage. Stop buy when the garage door is up. Check out my latest test to make the frame and engine work together the way I want, while you do some bench racing and morning reading.

Now Playing at the MC Bijou Cinema

The new BMW R 1200 R VIDEO

The new BMW R 1200 RS VIDEO

The new BMW S 1000 RR VIDEO

One World. One GS. First photos. VIDEO

Karl Maier, the motorrad drift world champion VIDEO

The M Team - BMW Motorsport 2014 DTM Season Review. VIDEO

Sidecar Frame Building with Bernard Juchli - Jay Leno's Garage VIDEO

2015 Ducati Scrambler motorcycle.com

T CLOCS Motorcycle Foundation

Boat with a BMW 507 engine Video

Bike Candy

Another treat served up by and built by Renard Speed Shop. Check out the pics here then click the hyperlink and check out the detail pics on the RSS Facebook page.

R1200

Renard%20Speed%20Shop%20-%20R1200s_1573550871609516655_n-L.jpg

Renard%20Speed%20Shop%20-%20R1200s_2760019181948976255_n-L.jpg

Renard%20Speed%20Shop%20-%20R1200s_587094897739354734_n-L.jpgsd

Renard%20Speed%20Shop%20-%20R1200s_6308228948390705054_n-L.jpg

Renard%20Speed%20Shop%20-%20R1200s_6736025749148197503_n-L.jpg

Renard%20Speed%20Shop%20-%20R1200s_8075568424329258321_n-L.jpg

Monday, 27 October

i-3HKf8nn-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Honda claim crown N.63
With Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez winning in Malaysia, Honda Motor Company have won a record-extending 63 Constructors Championship across all classes. The 2014 MotoGP? Constructors ...Fim-live.com..More

Fantastic Sepang contest won by Marquez
The MotoGP? race at the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix was won by MotoGP? World Champion Marc Marquez in the scorching afternoon heat... motogp.com..More

Rabat crowned and speachless
Tito Rabat was crowned as the 2014 Moto2 World Champion this afternoon, after finishing on the podium in the Malaysian Moto2 Grand Prix at Sepang. The 25-year-old Spaniard, who has led the championship since winning the... fim-live.co..More

Title to the wire in Moto3
An enthralling Moto3 race at the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix saw Efren Vazquez take the win, with Jack Miller and Alex Rins also on the podium. Alex Marquez was fifth and the title battle will rage on in Valencia.... Fim-live.com..More

Do the big teams have a responsibility to the rest of the F1 field?
Formula 1 will set up its show in the United States this week, but it won?t be quite as shiny and impressive as it has been. It comes at a time of major soul searching as two teams, Caterham and Marussia, will be left behind in the UK...James Allen on F1..More

F1 chiefs under fire over finances with Caterham and Marussia close to collapse and others under threat
Claim that FIA and president Jean Todt "have sold themselves to Bernie Ecclestone and given up running Formula One" as crisis risks spreading beyond Caterham and Marussia...telegraph.co.uk..More

F1 is completely unsustainable'
Former F1 driver Narain Karthikeyan believes the sport has become "completely unsustainable" for the smaller teams...planetf1.com..More

The US GP timetable
The US GP, which takes place at the Circuit of the Americas, marks the third last round of the 2014 F1 World Championship...planetf1.com..More

Just in
Marussia team 'very close' to ?55m rescue deal, claim brothers plotting takeover
British-Indian brothers, who made their fortune in the steel industry, say they are on brink of to deal to save F1 outfit from administration...telegraph.co.uk

On the Street

Rockets from the crypt
Buoyed by pop culture?s lust for yesteryear, these nine long-deceased motorbike names have been revived to serve a new rider...bbc.co.uk...more

2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT and Versys 650 LT Preview
The Versys gets a good-looking makeover and free luggage webbikeworld.com..More

MotoPumps Mini Pro Review
Ride for enough years, and you?ll experience some of the immutable truths about motorcycling: Leathers get smaller when hanging in a closet, our past racing ability improves the further we get from actual racing, and tire pressure...motorcycle.com..More

FWIW MAX is not the only shop doing full blown parts bin restorations.
The ?brand new? Ducati Darmah
If this Ducati Darmah looks as good as new, that?s because it almost is. It?s a ground-up build from the Dutch restoration wizards at Back To Classics, one of Europe?s top Ducati specialists. Bikeexif.com..More

Church Of MO 2003 Ducati Multistrada
The Ducati Multistrada has been getting a little buzz this week, as Ducati announced the Multi would be the first recipient of its new DVT engine with variable valve timing. Motorcycle.com..More

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW Motorsport News ? Issue 39/14.
Great honours for DTM champion Marco Wittmann ? Rolf Derscheid and Michael Flehmer win VLN title...More

Cage World

McLaren P1 Wildest Paint Job
McLaren P1 Custom Paint JobThis McLaren P1 belongs Major Baseball League pitcher C.J. Wilson. This McLaren P1 has the wildest paint job waytospeed.com..More

How to Earn the Right to Buy Ferrari?s Most Exclusive Hypercar
One does not simply walk into Maranello and buy the LaFerrari supercar. The right to spend a million dollars is a reward for the brand's most loyal customers. The post How to Earn the Right to Buy Ferrari?s Most Exclusive...wired..More

FWIW

TED: Marc Abrahams: A science award that makes you laugh, then think - Marc Abrahams (2014)
As founder of the Ig Nobel awards, Marc Abrahams explores the world?s most improbable research. In this thought-provoking (and occasionally side-splitting) talk, he tells stories of truly weird science -- and makes the case that...TED Talks

How Boston is rethinking its relationship with the sea
?sustainability director at Boston University and co-chair ofBoston's sea-level rise committee. "So we wanted to turn that conversation on its head and say, well what if we let water in...bbc.co.uk...More

Reference Library

Bike Candy

The 2014 MotoGP? Constructors Championship is Honda?s 21st in the premier class ? eight in MotoGP and 13 in 500cc ? to add to the six 350cc titles, 19 in the 250cc class, 15 in the 125cc class, and two in the 50cc category.

Until the 1950s, the World GP races were held exclusively in Europe, and dominated by European manufacturers. The 1959 Isle of Man TT witnessed the first entry from a Japanese team in the World GP series, the four 125cc Hondas being managed by Kiyoshi Kawashima, who had the complete trust and support of Soichiro Honda. This first challenge resulted in Honda claiming 6th, 7th, 8th and 11th in the 125cc light weight class, as well as the Manufacturers' Team Award. At the time, against stiff opposition, this level of success was truly remarkable, prompting Honda to compete in the full GP series in the following year. From 1960, Honda entered all of the World GP races with 125cc and 250cc machines, its efforts finally rewarded with a maiden win in the 1961 Spanish Grand Prix the opening event, when Tom Phillis brought his 125cc Honda home in first place.

48-M.jpg

Honda riders have won 695 races ? across all categories ? a number that?s sure to continue growing.

More circa 1961 Honda racing Bike candy.

36.jpg

1961_03_1024_768-L.jpg

1961_02_1280_1024-L.jpg

1961_01_1024_768-L.jpg

MC Bijou Cinema Bike Candy

Tom Phillis at Phillip Island, 2nd January 1961...silent movie

1961 Lightweight TT 125 cc Isle of Man

More video and pictures at the Honda.com MotoGP History site.

2015-CRF1000-Africa-Twin-561x420.jpg

Honda was mentioned in the opening post of this INTERMOT 2014 series of post. Big red fairly quiet by all accounts. Will they be so quiet in Milan. It is the big 100th edition celebration show. A CFR1000, albeit under various names such as African Twin or Trans Alp, has been rumored for some time. What market niche they are going after is not at all clear. Most think it will be RTW or at least dirty in nature. Still it could have some appeal to the strange market niche I seem to inhabit. Either way, if a CFR1000 is released in Milan it will serve as a counter point for comparison with a BMW S 1000 XR; garnering lots of press for both in the process.

So... John... what news have your moles about this launch?

So... John... what news have your moles about this launch?

They have been too busy traveling to Milan and feasting on Milanese cuisine to report anything. I keep look but have found nothing. EIMCA hype should pick up over the weekend then press days begin week from today. I know this is like waiting for Christmas morning to open you presents Ian, but have another slice of Torte Milaneses and a glass of wine while :lurk

Tuesday, 28 October

i-3HKf8nn-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Sunday Results From The WERA GNF At Barber Motorsports Park
Posted in chronological order as received from WERAGROM...roadracingworld.com..More

All set for the 2014 WSBK season finale in Qatar
Barcelona (Spain), Monday 27 October 2014 - The final round of the 2014 eni FIM Superbike World Champion takes place this weekend at the Losail International Circuit in Doha, Qatar....fim-live.com..More

WSBK: ROUND #12 SERIES FINALE RACE PREVIEW ? QATAR (VIDEO)...cycleworld.com..More

The United States bid for glory in Caselli's honour
During the first week of November the enduro World will be closely watching events unfold in San Juan in Argentina, where the eighty-ninth edition of the FIM International Six Days Enduro (ISDE) will take place.....fim-live.com..More

​Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Releases 2015 Race Schedule
MONTEREY, Calif. ? Fan favorites, international series and historic racing are on the calendar as Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca announced its 2015 race schedule today.The 2015 season at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca ...roadracingworld.com..More

F1 may lose more teams - Mosley
Marussia and Caterham "may not be the last" teams to suffer from the cost of Formula 1, says former FIA president Max Mosley...bbc.co.uk..More

ANALYSIS-Motor racing-Formula One's chickens come home to roost
LONDON, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Talk of financial crisis in Formula One is nothing new but the absence of back-markers Caterham and Marussia from this week's U.S. Grand Prix after they went into administration has concentrated...reuters.com..More

Motor racing-More F1 teams could go bust, warns Mosley
LONDON, Oct 27 (Reuters) - More Formula One teams could follow Caterham and Marussia into administration or failure, the former head of the sport's governing body Max Mosley warned on Monday...More

Force India nearly sidelined in Austin
Force India nearly went the same way as Caterham and Marussia this week, but the team settled its debt with Mercedes in time, according to a report....planetf1.com..More
FWIW: Is this a Caterham/Marussia type story? Or, is it another in a long history of Force India being the slowest team to pay its bills?

On the Street

Dealernews Announces The Top 100 Dealers For 2014
SANTA MONICA, CA ? October 27, 2014 ? (Motor Sports Newswire) ? Dealernews, the premier business information resource for North American powersports retailers, announces the winners of the 23rd Annual Top 100...dealernews.com..More

The Most Exciting Motorcycle News From AIMExpo 2014
This year motorcycling has made a ton of advances, from a 300hp non-street-legal super sportbike to the return of the Ducati Scrambler to new cool gear...rideapart.com..More

Electric Motorcycles Round-Up - Exhaustive List
#Electric #List #Motrorcycle #Scooter - Here is an exhaustive, but not complete, list of all electric motorcycles and scooters on the market today (apart from the Chinese marker). They are viewable by manufacturer,...bikesinthefastlane.com..More

American Motorcyclist Association corrects recent public statements about FIM North America and Supermoto competition
The American Motorcyclist Association is correcting erroneous statements made about Supermoto competition in a press release issued Oct. 22, 2014, by the Mike Kidd Sports Agency....americanmotorcyclist.com..More

MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Finally Coming in Spring 2015
MV Agusta has this nasty habit of debuting motorcycles in the autumn trade shows, and then taking a couple years to actually produce the machines for public consumption. Such was the case with the MV Agusta F3, the MV Agusta...asphaltandrubber.com[/url]..More

?Bienville Legacy? ? madder than a Confederate
Ex-Confederate designer?s long-running project finally completed...visordown.com..More

How to Take A 1,500 Mile Road Trip On a 250cc Motorcycle
My first road trip on a motorcycle happened on the same weekend that I bought my Ninja...Ride Apart..More

?71 Triumph Daytona ? Tin Shack Restorations...pipeburn.com..More
Flat caps. Wellington boots. Picnic lunches. The world of Land Rovers seems light years away from the dusty, rough-and-tumble world of desert racing. One?s all cucumber sandwiches and pheasants, the other?s realising that once you?ve hit the cactus and you can see your bike off in the distance doing somersaults, it?s probably far too late to land the jump gracefully. Yet from this ying and yang-ness of contrasts comes today?s rather splendid build, the Triumph ?Greenhorn Express.? Colby, the bike?s owner and builder, makes a living restoring Early model Land Rovers and spends his spare time on pursuits of a decidedly more one-wheel drive variety. Or, as he puts it, ?It?s a Land Rover and motorcycle hobby run amuck??

Cage World

What You Need to Know About the Terrifying Takata Airbag Recall
So what?s going on? 7.8 million cars in the US are being recalled because they?re equipped with airbags that could explode with too much force when they inflate. That extra force can be enough to rupture the airbag?s container,...wired.com..More

Ninja H2 Video XXI: Top-Shelf Components

KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride UK - Proudly Supported by Triumph

MV Agusta Brutale 800 Dragster RR

FWIW

Fitness Is a Skill, Not a Talent: Here's How to Develop It
As a fitness coach and the co-founder of Fitocracy, I've been exposed to the success stories and fitness challenges of countless people. When they fail to meet their fitness...lifehacker.com[/urlhttp://lifehacker.com/fitness-is-a-skill-not-a-talent-heres-how-to-develop-1651281013]...MORE[/url]

The Future of Anonymity on the Internet Is Facebook Rooms
Danielle Citron looks at Facebook Rooms and sees a nice middle ground in the battle over anonymity on the internet. Released last week, the new Facebook app is a place where you can chat with other like-minded people...wired.com....MORE

Your Grandpa?s Robot Helper Is on the Way
As industrial robots become more capable, they could start helping out around the home.Youngsters aren?t the only ones who get the latest high-tech gadgets....technpologyreview.com

GAO-14-828R, U.S. Postal Service: Information on Recent Changes to Delivery Standards, Operations, and Performance, September 25, 2014
What GAO Found The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) revised its delivery standards, which has generally increased delivery time for some First-Class Mail and Periodicals from 1 day to 2 days, notably by reducing mail with...GAO...More

Reference Library

Bike Candy

Italian specialty builder Totti Motori had this photo of a BMW Krauser head. Follow the links back to the builder's blog and the Krauser site for more information.

Krauser1-L.jpg

Krauser Domani Wikipedia site.

Wednesday, 29 October

i-3HKf8nn-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

Race Team Previews Of This Coming Weekend's World Superbike Finale At Losail, Qatar
The final round of the 2014 FIM Superbike World Championship will take place at the Losail International Circuit in the state of Qatar this weekend, RoadRacingWorld.com..More

VIR Announces 2015 Spectator Race Schedule
VIRginia International Raceway Announces Action-Packed 2015 Race CalendarVIRginia International Raceway, one of America?s premier road courses, is excited to announce the spectator race schedule for 2015 RoadRacingWorld.com..More

Vintage Brochures: Honda HRC RS 250R & RS 125R 1991...RacingCafe.com..More

Study Says Circuit Of The Americas Economic Benefit Is Almost $900 Million In 2014
Study: Circuit Of The Americas? Annual Economic Benefit To Austin Area Is Close To $900 MillionAUSTIN, TX (October 28, 2014) ? Circuit of The Americas (COTA) generated $897 million in economic impact to the Austin..roadracingworld.com..More

Argentina ready to welcome 89th edition of the ISDE
Gearing up for an exciting end to the 2014 FIM enduro calendar, the eighty-ninth edition of the FIM International Six Days Enduro (ISDE) will make its home in San Juan, Argentina. Fim-live.com..More

Ferrari: We know where we have to improve
Ferrari will once again use this weekend's United States GP to test new parts for their 2015 car...Planetf1.com..More

Rosberg: I love this double-points rule
Nico Rosberg insists the battle for the 2014 crown will go down to the wire in Abu Dhabi due to the new double-points rule...
Planetf1.com..More

Austin official: 'Unfortunate' if Seb skips qualy
Sebastian Vettel looks set to miss Saturday's qualifying session at Austin, but US GP race officials are confident it won't affect ticket sales...planetf1.com..More

Andretti: F1 should loosen up a bit
Former World Champion Mario Andretti has called on Formula 1 bosses to "explore every angle" to "enhance and increase the interest" in the sport...planetf1.com..More

On the Street

Adventure of Two
How do you take an adventure with a budget of $300 canadianmotorcycleguide.com....More

T?V Approved 6-piston Brakes And 300 MM Discs.
This past Monday, I featured the ?Chica Bonita? built by by German M?ller Motorcycles. I mention their own 6-piston calipers without mentioning that braking gear is this company their forte. So, let me mention, especially for my...cyrilhuzeblog.com..More

2015 Indian Chieftain v H-D Street Glide Special
It's a bagger battle royale as we pit the upstart 2015 Indian Chieftain against the 2015 Harley Street Glide Special in this comparison of American-made, V-Twin-powered...motorcyclist,com..More

Motorcycle Insurance: They?ve Got Us Covered
As riders, we have to do a few things to legally enjoy our time out on the road. First, good karma, accident statistics, and our desire to ride without fear of Officer John Law dictate that we get a motorcycle license...motorcyclist.com..More

2015 Yamaha SR400
A 1978 bike in every way...except for the fuel injection. WebBikeWorld.com..More
and at the model's Yamaha Motorsports site.

Brough Superior SS100 Ages, the craftsmanship on stage in Milan Motorionline.com..More

Matchless Model X Reloaded, was released the first official photo
Will debut at the EICMA in Milan motorionline.com..More

National retailer seeks sales manager
INDIALANTIC, Fla. -- An aftermarket company based in the Southeast seeks a national sales manager. The position builds and presents sales presentations, evaluates accessories and helmets based on construction and market value, dealernews.comx`..More

The MotherShip PressClub

?Inside Rolls-Royce? Goes Live With Public Exhibition In London
Following the hugely positive reaction to this year?s Channel 4 television documentary about the brand, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has decided to engage directly with fans new and old in a series of free live exhibitions called ?Inside..More

Press Kit BMW Group Production
The press kit contains information about the BMW Group produktion network with currently 30 plants in 14 countries.
..More

Cage World

Honda NSX almost production ready
The NSX was first showcased in concept form at the Detroit motor show in 2012. autocarinida.com..More

How to Decide If You Can Live Without a Car
Cars are a way of life in the US (and around the world). While most of us enjoy the freedom they offer, their costs can be a burden on the budget. Lifhacker.com...More

Vintage Racers Blogspot | RONIN Motoworks

After the Flag: MotoGP? World Champion Episode

MotoGP? Sepang 2014 ? Best overtakes

2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT - Official Video

2015 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Dragster RR review teaser

2014 KTM Adventure Rider Rally - Taos, NM

2015 Royal Enfield Continental GT

ALL-NEW WR?250F. YZ DNA FOR THE WOODS

Essai motos mythiques : Ducati Diavel, Yamaha 500 RDLC, Honda CB750... (English Subtitles)

2015 BMW S1000RR Review

FWIW

Mercedes MV Agusta Turismo Veloce?
MV Agusta is a story of perseverance. The company has been bankrupt several times, owned by Harley Davidson at one point in its life and almost completely funded by the*Castiglioni family for the last several RideAppart.com..More
FWIW: The lead in paragraph is technically accurate; however, I suspect if you could get a complete look at the paper trail the image might be completely different. The Castiglioni family is clearly the reason MV is around. Generations have been committed to running a motorcycle business as part of the family portfolio. In the process bankruptcy has been used frequently as a normal way of doing business. It should is understood very differently in the EU than the US. All or parts of the company have been sold at various times. When selling they received premium dollars for the brands sold in addition to the assumption of debt in the process. Husqvarna Motorcycles went to BMW in such a deal only to be sold to KTM a few years latter at a substantial discount. In the deal with Harley-Davidson they received a premium on the front end and bought back at a huge discount. Don't waste time trying to figure out if they are heroes or villains, they are neither. They just have a different way to make a good living while making some stunning motorcycles.

Damiler AG is the latest to attempt to join them. The German auto maker will reportedly make its purchase of thirty percent of MV Agusta official November 2 according motorionline.com and others.

Pia Mancini and her colleagues want to upgrade democracy in Argentina and beyond. Through their open-source mobile platform they want to bring citizens inside the legislative process, and run candidates who will listen to what they say. .TED

Reference Library

Bike Candy

designercut.blogspot.it is the source of an interesting concept rendering for a cafe scrambler streettracker kind of motorcycle

BMW%20K%20100%20KILOTON-L.jpg

Thursday, 30 October

i-3HKf8nn-S.jpg

ON THE TRACK

They're Back! MiniBikers - Cap?tulo 5x17 - 2014 Gran Premio de Malasia

Stoner tests 2015 Honda RC213V at Motegi
Former Repsol Honda rider and MotoGP? World Champion Casey Stoner is testing the 2015 Honda RC213V over two days at Motegi. Motogp.com..More

Qatar rumored to be final race for Hero EBR superbikeplanet.com..More
FWIW It has been a dismal season for EBR. What did they expect. But is that the real reason for their exit? With the appearance of MotoAmerica with the AMA, will they find that a more even grid to show their bikes and riders talents. Not to mention all races will be in their primary sales market.

Team Althea Racing To Field Baiocco, Terol On Ducatis In 2015 FIM Superbike World Championship
TEAM ALTHEA RACING UNVEILS ITS PLANS FOR THE 2015 SBK SEASONBefore the 2014 Superbike World Championship comes to a conclusion roadracingworld.com..More

More Previews Of The eni FIM Superbike World Championship Finale In Qatar
Rea and Haslam head for World Superbike's floodlit finalePata Honda riders Jonathan Rea and Leon Haslam are on their way to the Losail International Circuit in Qatar roadracingworld.com..More

EXCLUSIVE: F1 heading for eastern revolution as new team emerges from Romania
Formula One could be about to see an era of mass investment from eastern Europe?s growing number of billionaires, with the news that a team from Romania will be joining the sport over the next two years. independent.co.uk..More

Formula One's big teams like Ferrari and Red Bull equally to blame for demise of Caterham, says Tony Fernandes
QPR owner Tony Fernandes says Caterham could not hope to compete against Red Bulls and Ferraris of this world with their bigger budgets and larger share of the prize money 1 F1, Formula 1 / by Daniel Johnson telegraph.co.uk..More

Motor racing-Statistics for the U.S. Formula One Grand Prix
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Statistics for Sunday's U.S. Formula One Grand Prix in Austin, Texas, race 17 of the 19-round championship: reuters.com..More

PREVIEW-Motor racing-Hamilton aims to make it 10 in Texas
AUSTIN, Texas, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Lewis Hamilton will be aiming for a big win in Texas this weekend, even if the Formula One starting grid is the smallest he has ever known reuters.com..More

Motor racing-Formula One drivers' form sheet
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Formula One drivers' form sheet for Sunday's U.S. Grand Prix in Austin, Texas (listed in championship order, most recent races first reuters.com..More

Moments in time - United States special
Believe it or not, the Circuit of The Americas in Austin is the tenth US venue to have hosted a round of the Formula One world championship. In this special edition of our regular 'Moments in time' series formula1.com..More

Renault 'nervous' about Austin challenge
Renault admit they are wary about the stresses that Austin will place on their Formula One power units, particularly as reliability has become a chief priority over the final three Grands Prix formula1.com..More

Lots for teams to consider ahead of US Grand Prix ? will Vettel do qualifying after all?
The world championship is finely balanced as F1 makes its third visit to Austin, Texas, which proved a huge hit with teams, drivers and fans last season. The two Mercedes drivers have scored 565 points between them ? enough to jamesallenonf1.com..More

Trio slam 'stupid' double-points rule
The 2014 World Championship could yet be decided by the double-points rule in Abu Dhabi, but three F1 legends believe it would devalue the sport.planetf1.com..More

Prost: F1 paying for negativity
Alain Prost fears F1 is paying the price for a negative reaction to this year's new regulations.. planetf1.com...More[

On the Street

BMW S1000XR from the Wunderlich catalog

16768_645179272269728_6750904831256050863_n-L.jpg

The top image is reportedly a new one while the bottom a rendering done in the past. The online site was not clear if these are the same motorcycle, an S1000XR and a Wunderlich tarted up version they are calling a S1000F. I have done a little poking around to no avail. In the process I lost the link for the source for these images. All rumors anyway. I am still sticking to my previous prediction...unless I am wrong. In that case I will cast it as a plea to the BMW Motorrad leaders.

10671320_645179212269734_7469546904790098655_n.jpg

Will Honda Be The Surprise Star of EICMA: Exotic Superbike and New Africa Twin Rumored (News) (Rumors)
With all the hype surrounding models such as the Kawasaki H2 and Yamaha R1, could Honda surprise us all by being the big story at EICMA in Milan next week? motorcycledaily.com...More
FWIW Still nothing about the rumored Africa Twin / CFR1000 beyond things like this. What is clear the new SBK Honda could be a stunner. EIMCA is shaping up to be a fascinating show no matter what your tastes are.

Honda RCV road bike coming to Milan show
JAPANESE reports are suggesting that Honda?s long-awaited RCV-derived road bike will finally appear at EICMA in Milan at the start of November. visordown.com..More

Ducati To Participate In All Progressive International Motorcycle Shows
DUCATI ANNOUNCES FULL PARTICIPATION IN PROGRESSIVE INTERNATIONAL MOTORCYCLE SHOWSRecently Debuted Ducati Scrambler Will Be On Display at All Shows roadracingworld.com..More

Keith Kizer Named Executive Director Of Antique Motorcycle Club Of America
AMCA Appoints Executive DirectorThe Antique Motorcycle Club of America (AMCA) announced today that Keith Kizer has been appointed as its Executive Director. Kizer roadracingworld.com..More

A Story of Hope, Inspiration, and Beating the Odds + Video
Talan Skeels Piggins is a diehard motorcyclist like the rest of us. Having owned a number of motorcycles, these days he finds himself racing a SV650 in the Brittish Thundersport series. motocycle.com..More

KTM?s upcoming new V4 MotoGP racer will be available for anyone to buy and race?but what does this mean for the future of the RC8 superbike? zportrider.com..More

Arctic Cat Recalls Single-Rider and 2UP ATVs Due To Crash Hazard
Components in the front gear case can fail, posing a risk of loss of control and crash hazard cpsc.gov..More

Wide Foot Pegs Review
These are easy to install and have a height adjustment and replaceable or removable rubber topswebbikeworld.com..More

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW Motorrad at the EICMA 2014. World premiere of two new models.
Munich. BMW Motorrad presents two world premieres at the international motorcycle show EICMA from November 5th - 9th in Hall 14 of the Milan trade fair centre. PressClub Global..More
:lurk

The new BMW X5 M and X6 M ; the second generation of the BMW M GmbH Ultra High Performance Sports Activity Vehicle and Sports Activity Coupe.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. October 29, 2014 7:00pm EDT/4:00pm PDT?The new BMW X5 M and new BMW X6 M see BMW M GmbH setting the pace once again in the high-performance Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) and Sports Activity ..More

BMW at the LA Auto Show 2014.
The new models unveiled by German premium carmaker BMW at the LA Auto Show 2014 represent an unprecedented diversity in the brand?s hallmark driving pleasure. The latest editions of the high-performance all-wheel-drive ..More

Make Life A Ride ? Play - video

Cage World

Fiat Chrysler Spins Off Ferrari in Cash Grab bloomberg.com..More

Dodge ( 14v636000 )
Dated: OCT 07, 2014 Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014 Dodge Durango, and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles manufactured October 3, 2013, to April 11, 2014. Due to an issue with the software NHTSA..More

Jeep ( 14v636000 )
Dated: OCT 07, 2014 Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014 Dodge Durango, and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles manufactured October 3, 2013, to April 11, 2014. Due to an issue with the software NHTSA..More

Triumph Castrol Rocket Unleashed: 233mph Ride-Along

Touratech Tuesday Tips with Quinn Cody: Turning Around on a Steep Hill

Relive the 2014 24 Heures du Mans Moto and World Title Victory with Yamaha!

A Brief History of Motorcycling

Take a lap at Vegas with California Superbike School including data overlay

2014 YOSHIMURA SUZUKI FACTORY RACING - MONSTER ENERGY CUP

Review: Nick gets introduced to the Yamaha MT-09 (FZ-09)

Ferrari United States GP - Minds on Austin, hearts in Suzuka

FWIW

phd102014s.gif

Reference Library

Bike Candy

P90167724_highRes-L.jpg

Valerie Thompson Pilots BMW S 1000 RR To New Personal Best Top Speed With 217 Mph Run At Texas Mile Speed Festival
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? October 29, 2014. . .Valerie Thompson, seven-time land speed record holder and one of the world?s fastest BMW racers, returned to Beeville Texas October 24 - 26 for this year?s second Texas Mile top speed ..More

So I'm scrolling down, oh look Valerie's tearing it up again cool and then
Ian . . . . my eyes, my eyes!!!!

I like the looks of the NM4. It is a real Batman kind of bike. Trouble is I'm not Bruce Wayne nor do I don a cowl when the moon is full and bright; therefore, I think I would pass for urban riding. At the beach, perhaps. In town I deal with 4WD SUVs and Mini vans. The laid back feet forward riding position appears to take away all the visaul advantages an upright riding position has to offer a cyclist. As soft as the seat looks I have troubles imagining it would remain that on a trip to the north shore. Obviously YMMV
2015 Honda NM4 - First look

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NdqSD2O7sKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honda NM4-01 Road Test WEB Mr. Bike

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7UWPojVDkqA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honda NM4 Vultus Test-ride [very long test ride viewed from the cockpit with rider comments in English]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jh7FHWPfzy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ian's reference article mentioned the PCX 150.

The 2015 Honda PCX 150

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fqXk1rpQpS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Friday, 31 October

1911649_10205005872491714_5815885936480799629_n.jpg

MINI CHAMPS!
Why We Ride Minimoto USA Championship Series to Wrap Up at Buttonwillow
motorcyclistonline.com

ON THE TRACK

ISDE: Preparations Under Way For Monday's Start
US squad looking for top performance cyclenews.com..More

2015 MXGP Line Up Announced
October 30, 2014 ? (Motor Sports Newswire) ? Husqvarna Motorcycles is pleased to announce their official line up of riders for the 2015 FIM Motocross World Championship. For the coming season, Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna motorsportsnewswire.com..More

United States preview - a must-win race for Rosberg?
Austin plays host to the 17th round of the 2014 Formula One World Championship this weekend, and it could be a critical showdown for title hopefuls Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg. formula1.com..More

Bianchi remains critical but stable, to stay in Japan
Jules Bianchi remains in a critical but stable condition four weeks after his accident in Japan, Marussia have confirmed. The team added that Bianchi will remain in the Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi, Japan formula1.com..More

1 to trial 'virtual safety car'
Formula 1 will trial a "virtual safety car" system following the accident that left Jules Bianchi in a critical condition bbc.co.,uk..More

Exclusive Esteban Gutierrez Q&A: I always see the positive side
There has been very little for Esteban Gutierrez to smile about in 2014. After scoring six points in his rookie season with Sauber in 2013, the Mexican has struggled to crack the top ten this year, formula1.com..More

Motor racing-Button is a wanted man, says his manager
AUSTIN, Texas, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Jenson Button is a wanted man, even if McLaren ultimately decide they do not want to retain the 2009 Formula One world champion for next season. reuters.com..More

Hamilton critical of double points
Lewis Hamilton says it would "suck" if he lost the world title as a result of the controversial final-race double points rule. bbc.co.uk..More

Qualifying format revised due to Caterham, Marussia absence
Formula One racing will adopt a revised qualifying format for this weekend's 2014 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix in Austin following the withdrawal of Caterham and Marussia from the event. Now, instead of the slowest six cars formula1.com..More

Vettel confirms plan to skip US Grand Prix qualifying, but are Red Bull taking liberties?
Although his team mate had said an hour earlier in the FIA press conference that the plan is ?not 100%? for world champion Sebastian Vettel to skip qualifying and start the race from the pit lane with a new power unit in Austin, Vettel himself said in his media briefing in the Austin paddock that James Allen on F1 ? The official James Allen website on F1..More

FIA Thursday press conference - United States
Drivers - Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber), Sergio Perez (Force India), Valtteri Bottas (Williams), Romain Grosjean (Lotus), Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull Racing), Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) PRESS CONFERENCE formula1.com..More

No early release for Vettel
Don't expect to see Sebastian Vettel in a Ferrari later this year as Red Bull won't allow him to test for "any team" before his contract is over... planetf1.com..More

F1 team to get cash injection as FIAT confirms Ferrari stock market floatation
The Ferrari F1 team is in line for an injection of new cash in its quest to get back to championship winning form, after the board of the recently floated FIAT Chrysler Automobiles gave the go-ahead for a listing on the New York Stock jamesallenonf1.com..More

On the Street

If BMW does not offer a serial production Concept Six hyper bike at EIMCA, will their fifth model be a HP4 version of the already much updated S1000RR. If so, it would compete with all the other SBK homologation specials other manufacturers are putting out. The price would be special too.

Honda RC213V-S Street Bike to Make EICMA Debut?
If rumors are true, Honda is finally set to debut its long-awaited V4 production superbike, now-called the Honda RC213V-S, at next week?s EICMA show. asphaltandrubber.com...More

Order Your New Musket V-Twin Starting Today - If you've been waiting, wait no more
Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Of all of the projects we've seen come and go on The Kneeslider, the Musket V-Twin by Aniket Vardhan is special thekneeslider.com...More

Rnine T in action: Costa rides BMW?s factory cafe racer
Our test pilot even customizes the bike for fun; now, he's trying to figure out how to scrape together a deposit canadamotoguide.com..More

EuroVespa: in search of the Guinness World Record with PK 50
Simon Sciutteri will travel more than 16,000 miles to Europe riding his Vespa PK50, trying to set a new Guinness World Record in the category of Longest Journey on a 50 cc. Moto.it will follow him step by step in his quest! moto.it..More

KTM 450 Rally Replica Start Deliveries motociclismo.it..More

Safety: Be Visible At Night - MotoGlo
#Whistler #MotoGlo #Safety - Riding motorcycle at night is an added danger, since cars and trucks have problems seeing you, or seeing what you are about to do, like braking or turning Bikes in the Fast Lane..More

Over the Alps to Bonhams Bond Street Sale
It's over the Alps and on to Bonhams Bond Street Sale for the legendary Alpine Grand Sports SS100 Brough Superior motorcycle-usa.com..More

2015 Triumph Bonneville Newchurch SE Coming
A new Special Edition Bonneville Newchurch, styled to celebrate the popular annual international Triumph Tridays festival in Austria, is coming to American Shores in 2015 motorcycle-usa.com..More

Honda Crossrunner VFR800X 2015 moto.it..More

2015 Indian Scout ? Road Test Review The 2015 Indian Scout channels its sporty heritage and takes it onto Main Street.
A motorcycle is never just a motorcycle, and the all-new 2015 Indian Scout takes that truth to its extreme. The Sturgis Rally started 74 years ago, during the last moments of the original-lineage Indian Scout?s production. cycleworld.com..More

Polaris marks 60 years with NYSE closing bell
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - Polaris Industries will celebrate the company?s 60-year anniversary with a closing bell ceremony from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange dealernews.com..More

New Harley Touring Rear End Package Kit By Pickard USA
The newest custom saddlebags and rear fender package for Harley Davidson motorcycles and baggers are called The Swag Bags and are available now from Pickard USA. cyrilhuzeblog.com..More

Lubricant maker Bel-Ray expands into cleaning solutions
FARMINGDALE, N.J. ? Lubricant manufacturer*Bel-Ray has expanded into cleaning products, offering Bike Wash and Silicone Detailer & Protectant Spray, with powersports and marine applications. dealernews.com..More

Ducati 2015 World Premi?re - Live streaming ? English Live from Milan - Ducati presents the 2015 new Bike Model Range. Discover live all the suprises Ducati has reserved for you!
Ducati on YouTube..More

Matchless Model X Reloaded revealed
Reborn Brit marque Matchless have released a solitary image of the all-new Model X Reloaded, which will be launched at the EICMA motorcycle show in Milan next week. motorcyclenews.com..More

Moto Guzzi launch V7 II range in Italy
Moto Guzzi?s trio of new-for-2015 V7 IIs are being put through their paces around the city streets of Pisa and the surrounding countryside by MCN Senior Road Tester Adam Child. Here are his first impressions. motorcyclenews.com..More

1972 Harley-Davidson XR750
I sometimes upset certain types of vintage motorcycle enthusiast by telling them that the Harley-Davidson XR750 is one of the most beautiful bikes ever made, I know it?s not for everyone but its clean, function-first design always silodrome.com..More
FWIW In its coolest hipster dreams, this is the bike the new Ducati Scrambler dreams it will become when it grows up.

Cagiva C594 race-replica streetbike: What might have been...
Even after two decades, the 1994 Cagiva C594 still looks utterly beautiful!Two decades ago, back in 1994, American rider John Kocinski was winning races and getting podium finishes on one of the most beautiful 500cc GP bikes of all fasterandfaster.net..More

2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 unveiled
The 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 looks good for a bit of sports touring in proper three-wheeled comfort...BRP have unveiled the 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3 roadster, a sports trike powered by a 1330cc three-cylinder Rotax engine, fasterandfaster.net..More

Top 10 Bikes To See At EICMA
EICMA, the biggest motorcycle show of the year, is just around the corner. Hosted in Milan, EICMA is the international stage where the major (and some minor) manufacturers will reveal their new models. motocycle.com..More

Is Husqvarna?s New Street Bike an ADV or Supermoto?
asphaltandrubber.com..More

Cage World

Batmobile Blueprints
Although these blueprints of the Batmobile don?t contain enough information to rebuild one in your garage, they are a good starting point on the dimensions. You?ll need to pick yourself up a used jet engine on Craigslist siliodrome.com..More

The MotherShip PressClub

Marco Wittmann at the BMW Group plant - BMW Motorsport.
Video..More

DRIVEN - Webisode 2 Powered by KTM FREERIDE

2015 MV Agusta F4 RC superbike revealed to press

Michael Dunlop - A Profile

Hero Talk by Husqvarna

Suzuki 2014 INTERMOT MOTORCYCLE SHOW VIDEO

FWIW

Scuba Smart-Goggles
The key to a good scuba dive is knowing your surroundings, so the Scubus S provides multiple layers information to divers through augmented reality. More of a head-up display on the screen of the goggles, yankodesign.com...More

Are Brushless Cordless Tools Worth the Cost?
Brushless motor technology has been the rage in cordless power tools the last couple of years. Every major manufacturer now sells a brushless lineup of tools, but is it worth it for you? lifehacker.com...More

Winning Microscope Photographs Are Beautiful, Intriguing, and Creepy
The winner's of Nikon's annual Small World microscope photography contest this year include images of transgenic kidneys, a cricket's tongue, spider eyes, and a scarlet pimpernel. wired.com...More

Bike Candy

From thebikeshed.cc HCG R100RT

HCG-BMW-1-THUMB-XL.jpg

HCG-BMW-3-L.jpg

HCG-BMW-7-XL.jpg

Mika,

Sure missed you and my daily dose of BR&TMR! I'm glad I can again keep up with the latest from the street and the track. And was withering away without my daily fix of Bike Candy!!!!

THANKS! Awesome work as always.:thumb:thumb:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

So I'm scrolling down, oh look Valerie's tearing it up again cool and then
Ian . . . . my eyes, my eyes!!!!

Nice comment, wezul! I like it.

I like the looks of the NM4.

:ha

Honestly, I don't know where Honda is going with this stuff, but in their defense, according to Mark Tuttle's article, this bike has real curb appeal with the general public. :dunno

All I care about is them *not* messing up that CRF1000/Africa Twin shown in the drawing....

Back