• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Assen - SUPERBIKE - Race 2

1. Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 36'45.936
2. Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 36'48.755
3. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'58.574
4. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 36'58.698
5. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 36'58.700

6. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 37'06.329
7. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 37'22.253
8. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 37'23.683
9. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 37'27.286
10. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 37'29.866
11. John Hopkins (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 37'43.451
12. David Salom (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 38'18.529
13. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 38'19.512
14. Leon Camier (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 36'50.679
15. Leandro Mercado (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 36'51.166
16. Mark Aitchison (Grillini Progea Superbike Team) BMW S1000 RR 37'03.892
17. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 37'08.183
RT. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 34'19.554
RT. Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 30'10.158
RT. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 18'38.070
RT. Maxime Berger (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 18'42.162
RT. Brett McCormick (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 15'33.182
RT. Niccol?? Canepa (Red Devils Roma) Ducati 1098R 12'21.167

Formula 1 - Vettel wins pole to flag

1 1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing-Renault 57 Winner 1 25
2 9 Kimi R?ñikk?Ânen Lotus-Renault 57 +3.3 secs 11 18
3 10 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 57 +10.1 secs 7 15
4 2 Mark Webber Red Bull Racing-Renault 57 +38.7 secs 3 12
5 8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 57 +55.4 secs 5 10
6 11 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 57 +57.5 secs 10 8
7 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 57 +57.8 secs 9 6
8 4 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 57 +58.9 secs 2 4
9 6 Felipe Massa Ferrari 57 +64.9 secs 14 2
10 7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes 57 +71.4 secs 22 1
11 15 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 57 +72.7 secs 8
12 12 Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 57 +76.5 secs 13
13 14 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 57 +90.3 secs 12
14 17 Jean-Eric Vergne STR-Ferrari 57 +93.7 secs 17
15 16 Daniel Ricciardo STR-Ferrari 56 +1 Lap 6
16 21 Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault 56 +1 Lap 18
17 20 Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault 56 +1 Lap 16
18 3 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 55 +2 Laps 4
19 24 Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth 55 +2 Laps 23
20 22 Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth 55 +2 Laps 20
21 23 Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 55 +2 Laps 24
22 19 Bruno Senna Williams-Renault 54 +3 Laps 15
Ret 18 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 25 +32 Laps 21
Ret 25 Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 24 +33 Laps 19

Sunday, 22 April - Monday, 23 April

i-2Zd7bR6-S.jpg

Members with Birthdays Sunday
Members with Birthdays Monday

SBK

Race 1

gpone.com: Race 1 red flags for rain

worldsbk.com: Guintoli wins his first for his team and himself

Race 2

worldsbk.com: Rea overcomes hand injury to score popular Assen win

motomatters.com: 2012 Assen Press Release round up

bikesportnews.com: Checa says wet tyre choice wwas his mistake

WORLDSBK: 2012 Race Calendar | Championship Standings Rider / Manufacturer

motogp: 2012 race calendar | Results and Statistics

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Assen – Races
Weather conditions: Overcast with heavy rain showers.
Temperature: Air: 9 – 14 ??C, Track: 7 – 12 ??C
Number of riders participating: 23/21 from 13 teams
Fastest lap Race 1 (dry): Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) 1:37.320 min
Fastest lap Race 2: Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) 1:38.092 min

It was a thrilling race Sunday at Assen (NED) and Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport had its first victory in the Superbike World Championship within reach, but didn’t quite have its fair share of fortune. After experiencing highs and lows in the rain-hit first race, factory riders Marco Melandri (ITA) and Leon Haslam (GBR) both fought for the race two podium right to the finish line. Overall, Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport proved one fact today: its ability to win races on its own merit with both riders, no matter what the conditions.

Race one turned out to be an emotional rollercoaster ride for the team. Starting seventh and ninth, both Leon and Marco quickly fought their way up to the very top. In still dry conditions, they started a thrilling battle to win the first race for BMW Motorrad in the Superbike World Championship. Then Lady Luck began to leave the team. While Marco was leading, it started to rain heavily and after the Italian, and several other riders, crashed the race was red flagged. It was restarted under wet conditions with nine laps to go and with Marco on pole position. Leon started fourth and soon took the lead, opening a big gap of several seconds to the rest of the field. However the team’s well-grounded hopes of celebrating the first victory shattered on the third lap, when Leon crashed in the tricky conditions. As the race went on, it saw a third BMW rider in the lead, Ayrton Badovini (ITA) from the BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team. Unfortunately, Ayrton also suffered a heavy crash. Marco meanwhile found absolutely no grip in the wet, neither on the straights nor in the corners, and finished the race in ninth position.

Race two was declared a wet race, but the rain had stopped before the start and the track was drying so tyre choice was a gamble. Leon’s crew decided to use an intermediate front and a slick rear tyre while Marco’s crew counted on slicks for both the front and the rear. Leon catapulted himself from seventh to second in the first corners and held this position halfway through the race but with his intermediate front tyre losing grip, he then slipped back to fifth. Marco meanwhile lost a few positions in the opening lap, but then started to catch up. In the final stages of the race, he had closed the gap to Leon. It was the start of another exciting battle, with both Leon and Marco fighting with Eugene Laverty (GBR) for third place on the podium. The three of them crossed the finish line wheel-to-wheel, but the two BMW riders missed the podium by the small margin of one tenth. Marco was classified fourth with Leon fifth.

After his crash in race one, Ayrton finished seventh in the second race. His BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team mate Michel Fabrizio (ITA) was sixth and tenth. The races were won by Sylvain Guintoli (FRA) and Jonathan Rea (GBR). In the riders’ championship, Marco lies in fifth with 66 points, equal with fourth placed Sylvain Guintoli. Leon is seventh with 58 points. In the manufacturers’ standings BMW improved to third with 86 points.

In the second race of the 2012 FIM Superstock 1000 Cup, Sylvain Barrier (FRA) of the BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Team celebrated his second victory of the season. Markus Reiterberger (GER) of Team Alpha Racing finished fifth on his BMW S 1000 RR in front of Barrier’s team-mate Lorenzo Baroni (ITA).

Marco Melandri:
Result Race 1: 9th / Gap to 1st: 00:49.896 min / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:37.601 min
Result Race 2: 4th / Gap to 1st: 00:12.762 min / Fastest Lap Race 2: 1:38.941 min
“It has been a very tough weekend. Today, the most important thing was to bring home points. Race one was pretty good for us when it was dry. I had a very good start and I was following Tom Sykes. I was waiting for the best moment to pass him, when he had an engine failure. There was a bit of confusion and after that, Leon was leading, but I passed him. I saw that some drops of rain had come down. My dream was that they would completely stop the race, so I tried to stay at the front. Suddenly there was a turn where it was wet, I did not see the water and went down. Unfortunately our race was compromised by the wet conditions after the re-start. I did not have any grip, so it was difficult to be confident.

For race two we had a good set-up and a good choice of tyres, but unfortunately we got some chatter again. From the first lap on it was very difficult to control the bike so I could not push properly. The last lap was exciting. I tried to pass Eugene and suddenly both Eugene and Leon were in front of me, but I passed them back. It was great fun and Leon, Eugene and me showed respect for each other which was very important. I am disappointed because I missed the podium only by a little bit but we are working hard and we are in a good shape..”

Leon Haslam:
Result Race 1: DNF / Gap to 1st: seven laps / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:37.353 min
Result Race 2: 5th/ Gap to 1st: 00:12.764 min / Fastest Lap Race 2: 1:39.308 min
“Race one was dry at the start. I made a small mistake when I was battling with Carlos Checa mid-race and dropped back to sixth, but I came back in the lead. I had a bit of a tyre issue in that race but it was red flagged anyway due to the rain so for me the red flag was not a bad thing, even though my pace was good enough to get to regain the lead from the back. At the re-start it was raining. I passed Johnny Rea quite easily. It was feeling pretty smooth and easy – and then I had a big crash. I did not realize that I was pushing so much. In hindsight I could have maybe slowed off, but even so I did not feel that I was pushing too hard. After race one I was very disappointed because I could have lost a second per lap and still won the race. The positive thing is that we feel pretty confident in the rain.

In race two, we opted for an intermediate front and a slick rear tyre. Three minutes before the start I knew that we needed a slick front, but they wouldn’t let us change the tyre because we were running out of time. After two or three laps, the front tyre was just pushing and bouncing and I didn’t have any corner speed. I was surprised that riders didn’t pass me sooner. Somehow I managed to hold Eugene and Marco’s pace, even with the intermediate tyre. I thought I got Marco over the line; it was really, really close. In hindsight I’m happy because we nearly got on the podium with an intermediate front tyre.”

Bernhard Gobmeier (BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director):
“Looking back at the race day we can be happy. Of course we were disappointed about the result of the first race. The spectators saw three different BMW riders leading the race but none of them winning it. On the other hand both Leon and Marco showed today that we are in a position to win races on our own merit – no matter what weather conditions. Lady Luck was not on our side today, but I am confident that we will get our desired result soon. In the second race we were a bit unlucky with the tyre choice on Leon’s side, but weather predictions were nearly impossible today. Both riders showed great racing to the chequered flag. We will not stop working hard. A big thank you to everybody at the race track and in the workshop. The team did a great job.”

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA GOLDBET SBK TEAM - ASSEN – SUNDAY

The*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team*has completed race day at Assen. The track hosted the third event of the 2012 World Superbike season and the second round of the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup this weekend.

Both of today’s races saw mixed and unpredictable weather conditions. Race one started at noon but was stopped during the fourteenth lap due to the arrival of heavy rain. Twenty minutes later the race restarted with the grid determined by the finishing positions from the lap prior to the red flag, in accordance with the rules.

From the restart,*Michel Fabrizio*got a good start from 12th on the grid, entering turn one in sixth place and finishing the race in the same position.*Ayrton Badovini*moved off from seventh and was immediately in the leading pack. On lap seven he moved up to first place before eventually crashing heavily at "Hoge Heide", turn 15. The rider escaped with no injuries other than some back pain.

Contrary to the first, race two was declared wet, but as the track was mostly dry, with just some damp patches, both Michel and Ayrton decided to race on slick tyres. Fabrizio, who moved off from sixth place on the grid, had a problem with his right boot which came unzipped twice, an issue that cost him a lot of time, and despite which the Rome based rider finished tenth. Badovini, who started the race from the fourth row, had a good race pace from the sixth lap onwards which allowed him to recover many positions and to finish the seventh.

In the*FIM Superstock 1000 Cup*race*Sylvain Barrier*scored another victory whileLorenzo Baroni*took fifth place. The French rider was in first position across the finish line at the end of the eighth and last lap completed, as the race was stopped prematurely. A rider suffered a mechanical problem which resulted in a considerable amount of oil on the finish straight, and which gave the Race Director no option other than to red flag the race. Thanks to this victory, Barrier maintains the lead in the standings with 50 points out of 50, while Baroni is currently in seventh place with 12 points.

Andrea Buzzoni,*BMW Motorrad Italia General Manager:
"I'd like to compliment the team for the amazing job done here at Assen. The unpredictable weather conditions required a high level of focus but the steps forward from Imola are evident. Serafino managed the whole weekend in the best way possible. Dino and the crew were impressive and made it possible to show the competitiveness of the bike in both the wet and dry. The championship is still at the early stages. We'll surely have the chance to get the expected results we deserve.”

Serafino Foti,*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike*Team Manager, said:
"It's been two tough races, especially the first one as the weather was changing all the time. We're sorry about Ayrton's crash which happened while he was leading race one. For several laps we were looking at a possible top level result here at Assen. Luckily he wasn't injured from that and he managed to start race two despite some backache. He did well to finish 7th in the second race. Michel was very unlucky as in race two his boot became unzipped twice and he almost had to stop to zip it up. We're happy anyway despite the results not reflecting our performance, as we have found our way once again. I'm looking forward to Monza".

Michel Fabrizio #84 - Gara 1: 6th - Gara 2: 10th
"I'm disappointed about race two. Unfortunately my boot got unzipped on two different occasions and that cost me a lot of time. It's a shame because my race pace was good and without that issue I'd have ended up higher than tenth. Looking at all that happened in race one, sixth place was not that bad."

Ayrton Badovini #86 - Gara 1: RET - Gara 2: 7th
"After the difficulties we went through in the first two rounds I can say I'm quite happy with the performance this weekend but
at the same time I'm disappointed about not getting the results I was looking for. It's a pity about race one. My position before the crash was not bad at all! In race two I struggled a bit in the first part due to the damp patches and the backache, but after five or six laps I relaxed and got into a rhythm that matched the top five riders. We're back in the right direction.”

Sylvain Barrier #20 STK - Gara: 1??
"I got a bad start, as I did at Imola, but at turn one I managed to get up to third position and I was watching the two riders ahead of me. After Staring's crash I was second with a gap between myself and the race leader. I quickly closed the gap and once at the front I pushed to the limit to get the biggest margin possible. I'm happy that I put in another good performance here at Assen. I want to thank my team for the wonderful job done".

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uxmhsk-KbSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MQ0hvuDM-SA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

fia.com: Press Conferece
DRIVERS
1 – Sebastian VETTEL (Red Bull)
2 – Kimi RAIKKONEN (Lotus)
3 – Romain GROSJEAN (Lotus)

Stewards Decisions
No action on Rosberg/Hamilton incident
No action on Rosberg/Alonso incident

fia.com: Timing Information

formula1.com: Selected team and driver quotes

reuters.com: Vettel wins, protesters kept away

Formula 1: 2012 Race Calendar | Results Season/Team/Driver
fia.com: 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship - Race Information & Event Starting Times for the 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship

FWIW

Closer but still no SBK Cigar

The illusive first win did not come this weekend; for BMW anyway. It did come for Giuntoli and his team and they are to be congratulated.

Race 1 is what it is. Race 2 is closer to what it should be. A win should come soon for BMW. I hope Haslam is on the bike for the first win but, like BMW, I will be happy with the win no matter what. What race two showed is the the two teams can do what it takes on a given Sunday to win manufacturer's championships. They placed four riders in the top ten. Putting four in the top five then top four may come someday.

Wining rider champioship is about out scoring all the other riders for the season. Manufacturer championships are won by out scoring the other teams and denying the other teams points. In a series where one manufacturer – Ducati has won more than 60% of the races the balance of the teams are fighting over the remaining 40%. Winning gives you the biggest share. Putting four of your marque's bikes in the top keeps the share of the other bikes in the hunt smaller.

Formula 1 - observaitions

In the closing laps of the Bahrain GP a BBC commentator observed that Vettel was the likely winner but had yet to prove he could win except from the front. Truth is in the current version of F1 no one has proved they could win without winning the drag to turn 1 and the race to turn 3 of the first lap. Vettel showed maturity. In the end no one remembers if you won by 1 second or 100. A win is a win. Also with the exceptions of writers no one remembers that you lead 90% of the race, fought to defend your lead for 9% then lost in the final 1%. They remember who won. Vettel and Red Bull manage their car, pit stops and all important tyres for 100% of the race and took a victory.

Lotus showed what it is capable of this weekend. Raikkonen may have had a better car than Vettel but the Red Bull strategy tilled the race in their favor. Lotus is closing in on its first win.

Will this race be sighted by future analysts as when Rosberg made the shift from hot practice/qualifier to owning the track? In any sport the players that own the field are more likely to get the call from the referee, umpire or steward in F1. Rosberg drove a ruthless take no prisoners race at times and won the stewards decision when questioned. I like him but he has been just another pretty face in F1. Maybe he became a driver to be reckoned with in this race.

Like him or hate him, there is no middle ground; Schumacher had the race of the day for my money. After coming of a clueless P17 qualifying session he was hit with a 5 position grid penalty work done to his gearbox. From P22 to P10 and a point at the end of the day is an accomplishment for driver and team that should be noted.

FWIW

I apologize to the readers that I miss lead with my first Race 1 post. Enthusiasm and Hubris overcame judgment in a rush to post what I mistakenly thought was BMW's first win. I will strive to be more accurate in the future.

Back Tuesday.

Bike Candy

i-qffJ7Bc-L.jpg

i-B7mBZ3v-L.jpg

Tuesday, 24 April

i-2Zd7bR6-S.jpg
Members with Birthdays Today

SBK

crash.net: Haslam frustrated as first BMW win goes awry

gpone.com: Serious incident for McCormick

ducati.com: Double podium for Althea Racing and its riders Checa and Gugliano

bikesportnews.com: 50p clip ends Sykes winning challenge

kawasakiracingteam.eu: Sykes leaves Assen third in points

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P73FAnk0sUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qnlLRXuD26w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0AIOjd4X_Lc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TXSHAosTVlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motogp

motogp.com: 2012 European debut at Jerez

motogp.com: Lorenzo hunting his 40th victory at Jerez

Video MotoGP; Postcard from Jerez

Formula 1

gazzetta.it: Spain will be decisive for the world championship – last chance for Ferrari

jamesallenonf1.com: Ferrari embarks on long term project with aim of setting the standard again

i-wztMWTm-S.png

bbc.co.uk: Alonso criticizes Rosberg's tactics

formula1.com: Bahrain analysis – Vettel makes it four from four

reuters.com: Bahrain protester dies of bird shot wounds

fia.com: 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship - Race Information & Event Starting Times for the 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HQnSsBJhOCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qUpmhrlPwn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DIMzY-RdQIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Munich/Klettwitz, 23rd April 2012. The 2012 season of the fiercely-contested International German Motorcycle Championship (IDM) is underway: the BMW S 1000 RR was the dominant bike at the season-opener, which was held at the EuroSpeedway Lausitz (GER). BMW customer teams secured no less than five of the six podium places on offer in the first two races. This marked an excellent start to BMW’s title defence in the Manufacturers’ Championship. This year, many customer teams have once again put their faith in the direct support offered by the specialist BMW Motorrad HP Race Support department, which provides engineers and performance parts. ...MORE

Biandronno, 22nd April 2012 – A great second round result for Alex Lupino in the World MX2 Championship held at the superb Sevlievo track in Bulgaria. The Husqvarna Motocross Team By Ricci Racing rider came home in sixth place, in the second moto of the Grand Prix; the best ever result for the Husqvarna TC 250 since it began taking part in the MX2 championships. ...MORE

indycar.com: Brazil circuit alterations benefit everyone

On the Street

jsonline.com: Harley-Davidson sales up nearly 26% from a year ago

motorcycledaily.com: Brammo tells us more about Empulse e-Bike

visordown.com: I've ridden the future and its 100BHP
Would a 100bhp limit end motorcycling?

cycleworld.com: 2012 Quail Motorcycle Gathering – event preview

cyrilhuzeblog.com: 2012 Cannonball Endurance Run September 7 to 23, 2012

dealernews.com: Minnesota State Troopers give up motorcycles

tulsaworld.com: Motorcycle deaths rising

asphaltandrubber.com: KTM Adventure 1290 spotted in the wild

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ee6OHpDgENo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-VXLczfmX6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xj8Uz8P1Dhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has returned to Auto China in 2012 with a world debut. The new Phantom Extended Wheelbase takes centre stage in the company’s largest market, where the majority of Phantom buyers commission this ultimate expression of a Rolls-Royce. The launch in Beijing follows last year’s global debut for Ghost Extended Wheelbase in Shanghai. ..MORE

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars proudly presents the Ghost Six Senses concept, a highly-bespoke luxury model that encapsulates the richness of experience that comes as standard with any Rolls-Royce and takes it to a new level of sensory indulgence. ...MORE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kt2iCGRWyb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xRjuQWkDiXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/beNQIu1q3oI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

loc.goc: The Stars of Titanic

loc.gov: The Loch Ness Monseter zombies and the law

<object width="526" height="374">
<param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param>
<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/BrianGreene_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/BrianGreene_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1426&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=brian_greene_why_is_our_universe_fine_tuned_for_life;year=2012;theme=peering_into_space;event=TED2012;tag=cosmos;tag=physics;tag=science;tag=universe;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/BrianGreene_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/BrianGreene_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1426&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=brian_greene_why_is_our_universe_fine_tuned_for_life;year=2012;theme=peering_into_space;event=TED2012;tag=cosmos;tag=physics;tag=science;tag=universe;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

Reference::

BMW MOA 2012 International Rally

SBK
2012 FIM Superbike Championship Calendar

FIM

Changes to the FIM Superbike, Supersport and Superstock regulations for 2012:
Some more details of changes to the championship regulations were delivered by the FIM in a press release.

FIM: Official Documents
Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations – Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
US:
http://www.weather.gov/ | NOAA's National Weather Service
Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

http://www.weather.com | Sedalia, MO 65301

CA:
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/canada_e.html

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/drivebc_supp/canada_map.htm :
Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

Shameless Trolling For Touring Tips

NHTSA.dot.gov Vehicle Recalls RSS

Governor's Highway Safety Association. ghsa.orgHighway safety law charts

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

BMW-Motorrad.com: Service
Electronic Parts Catalogue
Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…
How to clean your motorcycle

ascycles.com: BMW Motorcycle Service and Maintenance Schedules

mic.org: Motorcycle Industry Council | Tire Guide 2011.pdf

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg
Gasbuddy.com: Search for local gas prices along your trip route.

pure-gas.org: Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. And Canada

Cycle-ergo.com motorcycle ergonomic simulator.

Video: BMW Final Drive Disassembly

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg
MSF Motorcycle Operators Manual

TIP: Protect yourself by creating distance – so you have more time to respond, more space to maneuver. P.15 http://t.co/jLCSL9Kj

QOD: What is the best way to handle tailgaters? http://t.co/xkig1Yji

Bike Candy

i-qfsjjrG-M.jpg

Wednesday, April 25

i-2Zd7bR6-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Pirelli notes from Assen

i-k2RhDLT-S.jpg

motogp

motogp.com: Bridgestone MotoGP race preview round 2 ÔÇô Jerez

motogp.com: Upbeat Spies eyeing Jerez podium

gpone.com: Yamaha want Lorenzo not Rossi

ducati.com: Ducati Team prepares for Spanish GP

teamaspar.net: Jerez GP preview

motomatters.com: The chassis merry go round FTRs in Moto3, out in Moto2 and MotoGP

Formula 1

formula1.com: The inside line on Force India's Nico Hulkenberg

reuters.com: More banks added to Formula 1 IPO lineup

thef1times.com: Deal done for French GP - Ecclestone

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GTMchUplcLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

asphalandrubber.com: Did Kawasaki enter 2012 IOM eTT without anyone noticing?

indycar.com: Notes ÔÇô Power ears quarterly award

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0VXfOER_gGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6fWRG4Fz61g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

motorcycle-usa.com: MIC reports motorcycle sales up 6.7% in Q1

tgejbeeskuder,cin: Russell Sutton's Honda radial engine is close to initial start up

cycleworld.com: PSR 2 up passengere bar ÔÇô new product ideas

i-DnpfRtx-S.jpg

webbikeworld.com: Wolfman enduro fender bag

theglobemail.com: Getting a handle on sidecars

theeglobemail.com: In defense of heavy metal thunder

forbes.com: Harley earnings to show I hogging growth to $59

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OG_26KmDEqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NZS7A0lfa4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param>
<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/MichaelNorton_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/MichaelNorton_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1427&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=michael_norton_how_to_buy_happiness;year=2011;event=TEDxCambridge;tag=business;tag=community;tag=money;tag=philanthropy;tag=psychology;tag=shopping;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/MichaelNorton_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/MichaelNorton_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1427&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=michael_norton_how_to_buy_happiness;year=2011;event=TEDxCambridge;tag=business;tag=community;tag=money;tag=philanthropy;tag=psychology;tag=shopping;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

SBK

FIM

Some more details of changes to the championship regulations were delivered by the FIM in a press release.

Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations ÔÇô Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
US:
Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: What should you do if a tire goes flat while you are riding? http://t.co/9F4AjP0I

Bike Candy

i-XTZ9DJh-L.jpg

Thursday, 26 April

i-2Zd7bR6-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Dutch round statistics

motogp

motomatters.com: Jerez MotoGP press release previews

motogp.com: Edwards set to defend CRT lead at Jerez

roadracingworld.com: Power electronics Aspar Team ready for CRT's European debut

gpone.com: Casey Stoner – doubts about his fitness

gpone.com: Jerez good to Pedrosa not to Stoner

asphaltandrubber.com: MotoGP – Avaintia Blousens switches to carbon frame

Formula 1

formula1.om: HRT to mis Meugello test

thef1times.com: Haug disagrees with Schumacher's [Pirelli tyre] criticism

reuters.com: Nestle man lined up for F1 chair

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AdKOrLp--TU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

ultimatemotorcycleing.com: Isle of Man TT launch interviews and video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QV6V6xaLXio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indycar.com: Louts drop two teams to strengthen its core

On the Street

dealernews.com: Atlantic Beach extends Bikefest tto 10 days

moto-station.com: Hyosung ST 7 – the cruiser made in Korea

motorcycledaily.com: MD Double-tested 2012 Aprilia tuono V4R

motorradonline.de: The new Honda Crosstourer

motorcyclenews.com: Ducati 1199 Panigale vs rivals at a glance
FWIW - currency translator

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I85oqymma24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yUZVA8t0ejY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BLDoUALTyVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5W-63MuAHCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It stands to reason that BMW Motorrad is best known for its legendary motorcycles, after all, the company has been making them for nearly 90 years – ever since 1923. However, it has similar expertise in many other areas, including the design and production of an award-winning range of safety helmets.... MORE

Munich. Authentic driving pleasure is not just for the real world – as Auto Club Revolution , the new online racing game and car community for PC, demonstrates. Different BMW models can be configured for driving according to personal preferences. The online game from British game developer Eutechnyx features the BMW 1 Series M Coup?®, the BMW 135i, the BMW M3 Coup?®, the BMW M5 and the BMW Z4 M Coup?®. ...MORE

Woodcliff Lake, NJ, April 23, 2012 –*BMW Financial Services has taken the next step in offering its Ultimate Lease customer a smoother, less-stressful lease-end experience – and overall simpler leasing experience – with the introduction of its BMW Lease Protection Program. ...MORE]/url]

Munich.*From 25 April to 26 August 2012, the BMW Museum in association with Galerie H?ñusler Contemporary is presenting around ten illuminated artworks by internationally renowned light artist Keith Sonnier. The US American draws on the aesthetics of advertising by taking fluorescent lighting technology familiar from the world of neon adverts to form abstract light creations. The sculptures that make up “Lichtblicke I” bring light and metal, art and experiment, neon tubes and cars face to face. [url=https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/pressclub/p/ca/pressDetail.html?outputChannelId=21&id=T0126389EN&left_menu_item=node__2211 ]...MORE

M?®xico D.F. a*25 de abril 2012.-*Despu?®s de la memorable final mundial de BMW Golf Cup International 2011 que se llev?? a cabo en Singapur, en la que participaron 138 jugadores de 46 pa?¡ses diferentes, BMW Group Mexico anuncia el comienzo del BMW Golf Cup Internacional 2012, la cual dar?í inicio el 4 de mayo en Le??n, Guanajuato, continuando su desarrollo durante los siguientes meses en campos ubicados en Puebla, Morelia, Guadalajara, Monterrey, entre otros. Para culminar con la Gran Final Nacional, en el Club de Golf Camale??n Mayakoba, y despu?®s partir a la Final Mundial en Sud?ífrica. ...MORE

Cage World

FWIW

SBK

FIM

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

Bike Candy

From 8negro.com and Surfazz Motorcycles: BMW R26

i-qRdk4GM-M.jpg

i-XJs8gsb-M.jpg

i-nr9SMj2.jpg

Friday, 27 April

i-2Zd7bR6-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: 25 years of World Superbike Hodgson and Crafar

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jgA66yaB7LQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

twowheelblog.com: Brett McCormick to return to racing in 2-3 months

motogp

motogp.com: MotoGP stars prview Jerez race Thursday press conference

bbc.co.uk: Stoner targets maiden Jerez win

bbc.co.uk: Steve Parish on arm problems, Casey Stoner & Jerez

bikesportnews.com: Stoner brands new tyre allocation ridiculous

bikesportnews.com: Rossi denies thoughts of quitting Ducati early

supebikeplanet.com Theman with the peculiar riding style

MotoGP Videos: Yamaha Preview ÔÇô Spain , Yamaha Technical Preview ÔÇô Spain

Formula 1

bbc.co.uk: Red Bull lost confidence

formula1.com: Protection bracket ÔÇô are roll-hoops the future

huffingtonpost.co.uk: Is Alonso obscuring Ferrari's bigger issues?

Other Racing

Next weekend sees the spectacular Monterosato di Fermo circuit play host to the third round of the motocross world championship. The Husqvarna Motocross Team By Ricci Racing will be hoping for a repetition at home of the fine performance put on at the Bulgarian GP. Hopes for the two races are high for Alessandro Lupino in ...MORE

fim-live.com: Riders with the greatest number of FIM world championship titles

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wPdkh_B0Vds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indycar.com: Drivers talk about Sao Paulo

On the Street

ultimatemotorcyling.com: BikeMaster Tools | Motorcycle parts washer

webbikeworld.com: Midland BT Next Intercom review

visordown.com: German courts ban outlaw jackets

motorcyclistonline.com: 2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC | Doin' time

motoblog.it: Moto Morini ÔÇô the bike will only be sold online from 30 April

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Sturgis Motorcycle Rally inc. tradmarks ÔÇô WalMart added to lawsuit

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Jesse James new tv show series New West Cost Choppers

cpsc.gov: Kawasaki USA recalls recreational off-highway vehicles

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/amot6fGIfCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RMWjuhUtTXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/egHdPkjopOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Cage World

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N9ES0ImR0iY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/EduardoPaes_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/EduardoPaes_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1429&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=eduardo_paes_the_4_commandments_of_cities;year=2012;theme=the_power_of_cities;event=TED2012;tag=TED+Prize;tag=cities;tag=technology;tag=urban+planning;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/EduardoPaes_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/EduardoPaes_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1429&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=eduardo_paes_the_4_commandments_of_cities;year=2012;theme=the_power_of_cities;event=TED2012;tag=TED+Prize;tag=cities;tag=technology;tag=urban+planning;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

SBK

FIM

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: How should riders in a group formation pass an automobile? http://t.co/fXoM9Rfr

Bike Candy

i-Fd4RJq2-M.jpg

Saturday, 28 April

i-2Zd7bR6-S.jpg

SBK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VhsQgLul7T0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motogp

The rain in Spain stays mainly on the track - weather.com

facebook: Wind and rain can't stop NGM Mobile Forward Racing Team

Not all work at Jerez
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p3UcnxjgRIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

formula1.com: Inside line on McLaren's Lewis Hamilton

jamesallenonf1.com: Pirelli responds to fans criticism that tyres are too big an influence on racing

telegraph.co.uk: It's time to stop dealing with Bahrain

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AOS-JuSjSzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x7mtSUVbeh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

dealernews.com: BMW recalls S1000RR - See the Mothership

asphaltandrubber.com: Man sues BMW for causing an erection – No seriously

cycleworld.com: Annual Ride Your Bike To Work Day is June 18th

fim-live.com: International female rider day

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Fusion stye cafe racer by Metro Motorbike

ultimatemotorcycling.com: BMW GS off road riding skills DVD review

indiancarsbikes.in: Piaggio India is looking to launch a mass market scooter and high end premium Moto Guzzi motorcycles

motorcyclenews.com: School tells pupil to stop riding or we'll expel you

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cMwtBqrqOag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7bzwEH-m7SQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

NHTSA Recall Campaign No. 12V177000

Vehicle Make / Model
: BMW / S 1000 RR
Model Year(s): 2012

Manufacturer:*BMW OF NORTH AMERICA, LLC
Mfr's Report Date:*APR 19, 2012
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number:*12V177000
NHTSA Action Number:*N/A

Component
:*ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE

Potential Number of Units Affected:*1,414
Summary:*
*BMW IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 S1000RR MOTORCYCLES, MANUFACTURED FROM SEPTEMBER 1, 2011, THROUGH APRIL 10, 2012. DUE TO A MANUFACTURING PROCESS ERROR, THE CONNECTING ROD BOLTS MAY BECOME LOOSE DURING HIGH ENGINE TEMPERATURES AND/OR HIGH ENGINE OPERATING SPEEDS WHICH COULD RESULT IN CATASTROPHIC ENGINE DAMAGE.

Consequence:*
*IN THE EVENT OF ENGINE DAMAGE, ESCAPING OIL COULD CAUSE HANDLING ISSUES, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy:*
*BMW WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CONNECTING ROD BOLTS FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MAY 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BMW CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND SERVICES AT*************1-800-525-7417******.

Notes:*
*CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT*************1-888-327-4236*******(TTY:*************1-800-424-9153******); OR GO TO
HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

Related Recall document Search

tc.gc.ca: Transport Canada and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission also issued a recalls. At this time these are the only recalls of this model that I am aware of.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O6O2SZF34XE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Munich.*In August 1985, a rumour surfaced in motor magazine*Auto-Deutschland*which emanated from a new sports car. An A Group Car from BMW that was a thoroughbred racing car according to the rules but was also to be produced in a version licensed to drive on open roads for everyday use. Speculation about this dream car that could take to normal roads and was intended for the “Most dynamic among BMW 3 Series drivers” was right on target. But the pundits missed the mark about the motor-sport car by a mile on one prediction: They were convinced that anyone who “wants to be a key player in the A Team needs to be turbocharged under the bonnet”. Not true. The BMW M3 had a naturally aspirated engine. And it became the most successful touring car in the history of BMW. ...MORE

Cage World

roadandtrack.com: Enzo Ferrari Museum opens

FWIW

Transport Canada Defects and Investigations has a search enabled recall data bases. Transport Canada Recalls Database, along with Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls – UK government recall database site and Australian Competition and Consumer Commission: Car and Motorcycle recall site will be added to the Reference Library.

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012U/Blank/NancyLublin_2012U-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/NancyLublin_2012U-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1430&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=nancy_lublin_texting_that_saves_lives;year=2012;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=women_reshaping_the_world;theme=media_that_matters;event=TED2012;tag=activism;tag=culture;tag=global+issues;tag=health;tag=youth;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012U/Blank/NancyLublin_2012U-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/NancyLublin_2012U-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1430&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=nancy_lublin_texting_that_saves_lives;year=2012;theme=technology_history_and_destiny;theme=women_reshaping_the_world;theme=media_that_matters;event=TED2012;tag=activism;tag=culture;tag=global+issues;tag=health;tag=youth;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fFz4BYh9O2E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bXbnzTpeod4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SBK

FIM

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Transport Canada Recalls Database

Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls – UK government recall database site

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission: Car and Motorcycle recall site.

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: What is the biggest cause of crashes involving a single motorcycle? http://t.co/zBOHQi9P

Bike Candy

From the PressClub Archives: BMW R 1200 ST

i-TKLDckJ-L.jpg

i-DdvMHh6-L.jpg

i-KvbnQm8-L.jpg

128405083_nSoyi-L.jpg

128405054_tqxb6-L.jpg

Last edited:
Monday, 30 April

i-2Zd7bR6-S.jpg

Members with Birthdays Sunday

SBK

worldsbk.com: Russia makes first real mark with Leonov

LeonHaslam.com, MarcoMelandri.co.uk, BMW Motorrad Motorsports.com, AlphaRaccing.com

motogp

motogp.com: Win for Stoner another podium for Pedrosa

motogp.com: Strong second for Lorenzo

yamaha-motor.co: Strong showing for Lorenzo and Crutchlow
FWIW: Spies is listed way down in the post. How hot is his seat getting with this bad showing in Jerez?
crash.net: Ben Spies dismisses Dovizioso speculaiton

bbc.co.uk: Steve Parish colum – Crtuchlow was brilliant again

fim-live.com: Hayden Rossi eight and ninth in Jerez

SuterRacing.com, NGM Forward Racing Team

Formula 1

telegraph.co.uk: F1 flotation booste by ?ú4.4bn 'guarantee'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jgHh4V0WYCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

indycar.com: Sao Power : driver wins third in a row in Brazil

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m7Zt6rK_MhY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

reuters.com: Loeb takes 70th World Rally victory

On the Street

cyrilhuzeblog.com: How to tune and modify your motorcycle engine | Book review

dealernews.com: How to cover yourself in a legal case

hotmbikeweb.com: Double your pleasure | Harley's new Dyna Switchback

motorcycledaily.com: Cool Buell mods fall victim to corporate caprice

042712top-i-730x549.jpg

motorcyclisonline.com: Doin' Time – 2011 Suzuki GSX-R750

thekneeslider.com: Gasoline or electric – Why not both?

webbikeworld.com: KBC VR4R helmet review

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zsxuQGgrlMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hxc9peRC6AI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA GOLDBET SBK TEAM - MONZA - CIV STOCK 1000
The*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team*has successfully taken part in the third event of the 2012 Campionato Italiano Velocit?á at Monza with, as wild-cards, the two full time SuperStock 1000 class riders Sylvain Barrier and Lorenzo Baroni. This event gave the team the perfect chance to prepare for the official FIM Superstock 1000 Cup round, that will take place next weekend at the same track....MORE

FWIW

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1yPHck13W9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SBK

FIM

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

NHTSA.dot.gov Vehicle Recalls RSS Feed

NHTSA recall database allows searches o safety-related complaints about motor vehicles and equipment by make, model and year.

Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls – UK government recall database site

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Hard braking should only be done with your bike straight up. Don't lock your elbows under hard braking. http://t.co/ZWxeceol

QOD: Which of the following should your motorcycle passenger always do? http://t.co/1fwjGROd

Bike Candy

i-g97Qkwx-L.jpg

Ruby, an R80 Cafe project from Paris

i-RHkkd27-M.jpg

i-FFFpChh-M.jpg

i-cxSBKsg-M.jpg

Tuesday, 1 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

gpone.com: Happy Birthday World Superbike

i-VrchFJH-M.jpg

SBK

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Monza ÔÇô Preview
Munich/Stephanskirchen, 30th April 2012. Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport is preparing for its second Italian outing in the 2012 FIM Superbike World Championship. The fourth race weekend of the season is scheduled for this weekend (4th to 6th May) at the ÔÇ£Autodromo Nazionale di MonzaÔÇØ (ITA). After three strong opening rounds, the team is looking to challenge at the very front of the field again with its two factory riders, the Italian local hero Marco Melandri and BritainÔÇÖs Leon Haslam. ...MORE

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA GOLDBET SBK TEAM - MONZA - CIV STOCK 1000
The*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team*has successfully taken part in the third event of the 2012 Campionato Italiano Velocit?á at Monza with, as wild-cards, the two full time SuperStock 1000 class riders Sylvain Barrier and Lorenzo Baroni. This event gave the team the perfect chance to prepare for the official FIM Superstock 1000 Cup round, that will take place next weekend at the same track....MORE

cbc.ca: Brett McCormick returns to Saskatoon

worldsbk.com: Breakthrough win for Guintoli and Czech team at Assen

LeonHaslam.com, MarcoMelandri.co.uk, BMW Motorrad Motorsports.com, AlphaRaccing.com

motogp

bikesportnews.com: Jerez uphill battle for Edwards

motogp.com: Bridgestone tyre review - Jerez

speedtv.com: Another bad day at the office for Spies

visordown.com: Lorenzo wouldn't mind having Rossi back

motomatters.com: Sunday notes ÔÇô rising stars

MotoGP ÔÇô Official video highlight podcast ÔÇô Jerez

Formula 1

formula1.com: Testing times in Tuscany ÔÇô Mugello preview

bbc.co.uk: Ferrari prepare for critical Mugello test

speedtv.com: B Ferrari not ready yet

reuters.com: Out of the blue Sauber does Chelsea deal

Other Racing

husqvarna-motorcycles.com: GREAT SIXTH PLACE FOR LUPINO AT THE ITALIAN MX GP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QMNncMVkaAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EJMJOY-VsEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indycar.com: Power on a roll ÔÇô sets sights on Indy win

i-WNhMBJk-M.jpg

On the Street

tribune-democrat.com: Motorcycle Safety Awareness Day set for May 12

santacruzsentinel.com: Ramona Turner Street Smarts while riding a motorcycle

asphaltandrubber.com: Motorcycle from Japanese tsunami washes up on the shore of Canada

cycleworld.com: Victory Cross Country long term test update

dealernews.com: Tennessee motorcycle dealership urges lawmakers to consider graduated licensing

motorcycle.com: Charley Boormans BMW R1200GS Adventure stolen and recovered

jsonline.com: Willie G. Davidson says Harley's Nova bike wasn't quite ready

ultimatemotorcycling.com: AMA Legends Weekend registration open

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s7Nd6-Va-JE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XAYueJtlLOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wy-0RHNjgH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Lausitzring comes hot on the heels of Hockenheim: BMW gearing up for stage two of its DTM comeback....MORE

BMW Group Mexico participa en el 28?? Festival de M?®xico...MORE

Cage World::

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yl2nWqryRuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW::

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CrvUrJC8WSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/LizDiller_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/LizDiller_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1433&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=liz_diller_a_giant_bubble_for_debate;year=2012;theme=architectural_inspiration;event=TED2012;tag=architecture;tag=cities;tag=creativity;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/LizDiller_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/LizDiller_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1433&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=liz_diller_a_giant_bubble_for_debate;year=2012;theme=architectural_inspiration;event=TED2012;tag=architecture;tag=cities;tag=creativity;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

SBK

FIM

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

NHTSA recall database allows searches o safety-related complaints about motor vehicles and equipment by make, model and year.

Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls ÔÇô UK government recall database site

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: When do most crashes happen? http://t.co/GY3wxhQO

Bike Candy

i-kZjxfdR-L.jpg

Wednesday, 2 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com; From the cathedral to the temple of speed

gpone.com: Chili ÔÇ£BMW can win at MonzaÔÇØ

motogp

visordown.com: Yamaha door not closed to Rossi

motorcycldaily.com: Who is Cal Crutchlow and why is he going so fast

motogp.com: Edwards caught out by lack of dry time

motogp.com: Ellison denied first points by mechanical issue

bikesportnews.com: Arm pump surgery not yet an option for Stoner

asphaltandrubber.com: No MotoGP rev limit until 2014

Formula 1

formula1.com: Mugello day 1 ÔÇô Alonso heads a rain hit day one

thef1times.com: Raikkonen to miss out on Mugello test

sportal.com.au: Webber linked with Ferrari

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IW67Y57VTEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indycar.com: Heat index : Servia making up ground in a hurry

topspeed.com: Testing of the TS030 Hybrid resumes

On the Street

asphalandrubber.com: BMW erection lawsuit mea culpa

acem.eu: First quarter of 2012 disappoints expectations

motorcyclisonline.com: Yamaha T-Max Scooter ÔÇô First ride

cyrilhuzeblog.com: May is motorcycle safety awareness month

cycleworld.com: Enduro Tool Kit 101

vancouversun.com: B.C. Beefs up motorcycle safety related laws

meadvilletribune.com: Sales of on road motorcycles finally revving up

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xuKaSOLUlWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

BMW Group U.S. Reports April 2012 Sales
BMW brand up 15.7 percent year-to-date
MINI brand up 6.0 percent year-to-date
Woodcliff Lake, NJ  May 1, 2012**The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported April sales of 26,793 vehicles, an increase of 6.1 percent from the 25,247 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago.* Year-to-date, BMW Group is up 13.7% on sales of 102,522 in the first four months of 2012 compared to 90,204 in the same period in 2011....MORE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EA1ZuQQdIXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

gizmag.com: Dual mode transport trend continues

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HN3rZFk5tn0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

From the May ACEM Newsletter

Editorial ÔÇô ACEM ÔÇô The Motorcycle Industry in Europe

Dear Reader,
the EU needs to swiftly acknowledge the full extent of the crisis in the motorcycle sector, preventing the enduring decline of European markets from translating into deeper changes in the production structure.

It is essential to translate the EU2020 objectives into realistic policies ensuring growth for Europe's ailing businesses and maintaining a globally competitive European manufacturing sector.

ACEM has called on EU policymakers to pay more attention to the motorcycle industry. As recession is plaguing the economies in major EU countries and threatening jobs and investments, there is a real need for a long term visionary but realistic industrial strategy which strengthens manufacturing, and maintains jobs in the European economy. Strong manufacturing automatically attracts R&D investments and generates innovation enabling industry to keep leadership and produce added value.

I'm not the first one calling for a commitment at EU level to safeguard EuropeÔÇÖs industrial know-how. But with crisis-stricken EU markets and accounting for only 5% of global PTW production, the European trade bodies should enable ACEM manufacturers to compete abroad on a more equitable basis, and export to other world regions the added value that we are able to create in Europe.

Legislation should aim at strengthening manufacturing in Europe as well as efficiently promoting international harmonization of regulations. ACEM recently called on EU Institutions to acknowledge the difficulties faced by the industry in this economic downturn, and asked that some key aspects in the currently discussed type-approval regulation should be carefully re-considered and properly researched, taking stock of the stifling situation in Europe for the manufacturing industry. ACEM welcomes CARS21 discussions developing in this direction, following the moratorium concept proposed by Antonio Tajani, European Commissioner for Industry.

Hendrik von Kuenheim
Acem President and Managing Director of BMW Motorrad

sportrider.com: Tire Management ÔÇô making your rubber last | Riding Skills Series

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oRQB-bKQVDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012S/Blank/AmoryLovins_2012S-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/AmoryLovins_2012S-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1434&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=amory_lovins_a_50_year_plan_for_energy;year=2012;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;event=TED2012;tag=alternative+energy;tag=energy;tag=politics;tag=science;tag=technology;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012S/Blank/AmoryLovins_2012S-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/AmoryLovins_2012S-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1434&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=amory_lovins_a_50_year_plan_for_energy;year=2012;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;event=TED2012;tag=alternative+energy;tag=energy;tag=politics;tag=science;tag=technology;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

SBK

FIM

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Vehicle Owner Service Agency (VOSA) Vehicle Recalls ÔÇô UK government recall database site

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: When turning, use these four steps for better control: SLOW, LOOK, PRESS, ROLL. Learn more here, P.14 http://t.co/jLCSL9Kj

QOD: If making a curve with no traffic present, what should you do? http://t.co/ExGXmHRk

Bike Candy

i-b3xNXkx-M.jpg

Thursday, 3 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Monza a look back at 2011

As the fourth round of the 2012 Superbike World Championship rapidly approaches, speed is very much of the essence as the super-fast Autodromo Nazionale di Monza hosts the next two WSBK races in this exciting series, which continues on the weekend of 5-6 May....* MORE

The*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team*is keen to take on the Monza round, the fourth event of the World Superbike season and third event for the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup. MORE

bikesportnews.com: Rea relishing horsepower contest

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B5yrZeHJJ0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motogp

motogp.com: MotoGP set to fight it out on Portuguese turf

ducati.com: Ducati Team returns to the track for Portuguese GP

motomatters.com: First improble rumors of 2013 silly season ÔÇô Rossi to Yamaha, Stoner to retire?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jEuQGHhFDIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula 1

formula1.com: Catherham new F1 engine partner ÔÇô General Electric

bbc.co.uk: Romain Grosjean and Kamui Kobayashi top test at Mugello
-related-
jamesallenonf1.com: Mugello test day 2 ÔÇô Lotus and Sauber share spoils as teams make up for lost time

speedtv.com: Mark Webber denies signing 2013 Ferrari deal

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qrIgFbE8ulg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EcbAc3swZMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OM92_7LtdDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indycar.com: Hamilton concentrates on ownership

On the Street

dealernews.com: Honda new unit retail sales up 39% in Q1

webbikeworld.com: The British Motorcycle Gear BMG Adventure II jacket is a recent update to the original

jasonline.com: Harley may restore tsunami bike that washed up in Canada

curilhuzeblog.com: Fast motorcycle industry news

cycleworld.com: KTM 950 Adventure ÔÇô Best Used Bike

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EcbAc3swZMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LSD3vfkv6hQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Motorrad.
BMW Motorrad Canada achieved 265 motorcycle retails in April, an increase of 6 per cent over the same period last year. On the year, 551 units have been retailed, an increase of 13.6 per cent over the same period last year...More on BMW CA

M?®xico D.F., 2 de mayo de 2012. - Chris Pfeiffer se prepara para una ajetreada temporada de verano. En los pr??ximos meses, Chris, quien es considerado como uno de los mejores pilotos de motocicleta del mundo, estar?í llevando su exhibici??n de acrobacias a dos nuevos pa?¡ses europeos, adem?ís de asistir a importantes eventos. MORE

Munich/Brescia. Big profile for the legendary BMW 328: This successful model will be represented with twelve cars at the start of the Mille Miglia 2012. Alongside series versions, there will be a number of racing cars competing in the lightning trip from Brescia to Rome. ...MOR

i-Tv9XqPR-M.jpg

Cage World

thekneeslider.com: EJ Potter and the Super Slot Car

roadandtrack.com: Salon Prive details announced

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GU4YCCHc2eY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mP1d-4If-V4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/ReubenMargolin_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/ReubenMargolin_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1435&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=reuben_margolin_sculpting_waves_in_wood_and_time;year=2012;theme=inspired_by_nature;theme=art_unusual;theme=the_creative_spark;event=TED2012;tag=art;tag=culture;tag=design;tag=nature;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2012/Blank/ReubenMargolin_2012-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/ReubenMargolin_2012-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1435&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=reuben_margolin_sculpting_waves_in_wood_and_time;year=2012;theme=inspired_by_nature;theme=art_unusual;theme=the_creative_spark;event=TED2012;tag=art;tag=culture;tag=design;tag=nature;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AowNUOBG4RU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SBK

FIM

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: In cold conditions, plan for a break every hour or so to stretch and keep blood circulating. http://t.co/ZWxeceol

QOD: To avoid being thrown off the motorcycle when riding over an obstacle, what should you do? http://t.co/YRPQfovb

Bike Candy

i-rqk7gxW-M.jpg

Friday, 4 April

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com: Pirelli clebrates 25 years of WSBK Championship at Monza with the Superpole Silver Stripes tyre

worldsbk.com: Hopkins gears up for Monza recovery race

worldsbk.com: Gadea to replace Lascorz for Monza weekend

gpone.com: Biaggi has the edge at Monza

bikesportnews.com: Balance and power key for Haslam

motomatters.com: Althea Ducati shutters its Superstock team

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eRmTMC8w1CU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motogp

motogp.com: MotoGP stars gather for pre Estoril press conference

motogp.com: Bridgstone Estoril preview

bbc.co.uk: Steve Parish on Valnetino Rossi's fall from grace

A blast from the past - cycleworld.com: Moto Guzzi V8 Grand Prix racer
A look back at 1950's GP high tech

Formula 1

formula1.com: Mugello day 3 ÔÇô Grosjean ends test on a high

reuters.com: Alonso sees a faster Ferrari in Barcelona

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t2H-MZjmA8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

indycar.com: Eleven drivers to participate in open test on Texas oval

On the Street

dealernews.com: Avon tyres launches spring rebate program

visordown.com: Honda CBR400R rumored in Japan

canada.com: Motorcycle safety rules long overdue

fim-live.com: New logo for the Commission for Women in Motorcycling

i-cL8tM7g.jpg

i-4SspLmW.jpg

The Mothership

BMW Group reports record figures for first quarter ...MORE
Also in the Motorcycles segment, first-quarter sales volume, revenues and earnings were all higher than in the previous year. Segment revenues increased by 12.8% to Ôé¼ 448 million (Q1 2011: Ôé¼ 397 million). EBIT improved by 19.4% to Ôé¼ 37 million (Q1 2011: Ôé¼*31 million) and profit before tax by 23.3% to Ôé¼ 37 million (Q1 2011: Ôé¼ 30 million). First-quarter motorcycle sales picked up by 7.8% to reach 27,015 units (Q1 2011: 25,049 units). This included 24,373 BMW brand motorcycles (Q1 2011: 23,109 units;*+5.5%), the best first-quarter sales performance in the companyÔÇÖs history. Husqvarna motorcycle sales jumped by 36.2% to 2,642 units (Q1 2011: 1,940 units).

BMW Group Quarterly Report to 31 March 2012 link to download site

Statement by Dr. Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Conference Call Interim Report to 31 March 2012 MORE

Statement by Dr. Friedrich Eichiner, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Finance, Conference Call Interim Report to 31 March 2012 MORE

Project Visio.M: Electric mass mobility for urban environments.
Munich.*Electric vehicles powered by electricity from renewable energy sources are an attractive option for mobility within the urban area and beyond. However, previous approaches lead to vehicles that either are too heavy and too expensive or do not meet mass-market safety requirements. Within the joint research project Visio.M scientists at the Technische Universitaet Muenchen (TUM), in cooperation with engineers from the automotive industry, will develop concepts to produce electric cars that are efficient, safe, and inexpensive. Lead manager of the project is BMW AG. The project has a total volume of 10.8 million euros and is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF)....MORE

Cage World

latimes.com: Concours D'Elegance at Greystone Mansion is for upscale gearheads

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TR7P1HlPFBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

Is this the weekend? | WSBK Monza 2012

The short answer is, I don't know? That said this year I go into each weekend with a growing feeling 'this could be the one'. Monza is a track seemingly designed to be the host the first trip to the top of the podium for a BMW SBK pilot on a BMW S1000RRv2._.

Lets take a quick walk through the 2012 SBK grid using the Manufacturer Championship standings to set the grid for us. For reference purposes here are links to the 2011 Monza Results

Monza 2011 Results
Race 1
Race 2

Ducati ÔÇô 132 pts
Ducati tops the manufacturer charts heading into the this Monza weekend. Carlos Checa, their number one pilot is No. 2 in the rider standings. With just that information you might think they would be getting ready to fight for the top. The reality is they will be in damage control mode. The Ducati twin continues to sound fantastic and perform great in the hands of Checa, Guintoli and others but not at Monza.

In 26 races in the road to his 2011 crown defending champ Checa in 26 races racked up 21 podiums (15P1 and 6P3). At Monza last year he only managed a P9 and P10. For most riders those would be good to great finishes. For Checa and Ducati they demonstrate what an uphill climb to even get close to the podium.

Aprilia ÔÇô 100 pts
Aprilia is Ducati's mirror image coming into Monza. They are number two in the manufacturer hunt and Max Biaggi is on top of the riding standings. Unlike their mirror image Monza is a track designed to feature the best of both. If Aprilia is not the king of the SBK HP Hill it is darn close. The long straights will allow Biaggi and his power on/power off break hard/power on riding style to flex that muscle. It is not a stretch for any pundit to consider this pair the favorite going into the weekend.

The potential problem is that mix of power and riding style got him in trouble last year resulting in a controversial penalty. This bike/rider combination has the potential to repeat that performance as easily as their various past P1 performances. Still, the favorite going into the weekend.

BMW ÔÇô 86pts
Monza has been one of those tracks you circle on the SBK calendar as a potential win for BMW. The S1000RRv1 swapped the power title with Aprilia since its debut. The S1000RRv2 has not given up the fight but has learned how to dance in a way through corners its predecessor never did. Tyre management issues seem to be under control; well as under control as they ever get in this series, allowing the riders to be competitive all the way through race. The powerful engine is matched to a chassis that is sorting out rather nicely. 2011 Haslam posted a P3 and DNF for BMW and Melandri a P4 and P2 for his Yamaha team. Badovini pulled a P11 and P6. Looking back to 2010 he won the STK1000 race on his S1000RR in route to the championship for that series. Fabrizo is showing increased comfort with his new ride. Last year he posted a P5 then took the third step on the podium with his Suzuki. BMW has a bike and riders capable of climbing to the top of the Monza podium.

Satchel Page words are ringing in my ears once again ÔÇô 'Don't look back someone might be gaining on you'. For BMW that's...

Kawasaki ÔÇô 85 pts
Big Green loves this kind of track. Fourth in the team standings, Sykes, their top jocky is third in the rider standings. The sophomore version of the Z is a real contender. Sykes has notched up wins. Baring the normal race weekend broken fifty cent clips and broken bolts tyre management is the Achilles heel. Last year Sykes was playing with Checa posting a P13 and P11. Look for Sykes along with Biaggi to hog a lot of headlines this weekend.

Honda ÔÇô 69 pts
Honda has been struggling a bit. Long stretches of unfamiliar mediocrity split by flashes of brilliance. Rea is excited and anticipating a good weekend. Last year he posted a P6 and DNF. Realistically he is in the tier of riders ready to take advantage of others problems but I don't see him as a major contender this weekend.

Suzuki ÔÇô 20 pts
Hopkins returns to the FIXI Crescent Suzuki team. Suzuki is last in the standings and Hopkins 21st in the rider standings of the 25 riders that have posted championship points. Enough said for this weekend.

Will BMW notch its first win this weekend?

:lurk

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: If you ride often at night consider adding auxiliary driving lights, wired into the high-beam circuit. Check that they meet state law.

QOD: What should you do when making slow, tight turns? http://t.co/5PnWcd1f

Bike Candy

]shedbuiltbikes.com

i-ZVCXXTM-M.jpg

i-sBwMDWC-M.jpg

i-Wmspnqt-M.jpg

Race Update: 2012 Monza SBK

Fast out of the box!

Monza - FIM Superbike World Championship - Free Practice

1. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'43.042
2. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'43.049
3. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'43.171
4. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'43.374
5. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'43.893
6. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'43.922
7. Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'43.939
8. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'43.965
9. Niccol?? Canepa (Red Devils Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'44.119
10. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'44.151
11. Jakub Smrz (Liberty Racing Team Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'44.174
12. Maxime Berger (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.258
13. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.445
14. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.565
15. John Hopkins (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'44.569
16. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 1'44.623
17. Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.629
18. Leon Camier (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'44.992
19. David Salom (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'45.226
20. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'45.770
21. Leandro Mercado (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'46.088
22. Sergio Gadea (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'49.466

2012 MotoGP GP of Portugal

Friday FP1

Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time Gap 1st/Prev.
1 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 1'40.813
2 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 1'41.086 0.273 / 0.273
3 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 1'41.502 0.689 / 0.416
4 1 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'41.943 1.130 / 0.441
5 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'42.230 1.417 / 0.287
6 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'42.291 1.478 / 0.061
7 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'42.343 1.530 / 0.052
8 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'43.078 2.265 / 0.735
9 68 Yonny HERNANDEZ COL Avintia Blusens BQR 1'43.256 2.443 / 0.178
10 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 1'43.265 2.452 / 0.009
11 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Power Electronics Aspar ART 1'43.277 2.464 / 0.012
12 51 Michele PIRRO ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini FTR 1'43.511 2.698 / 0.234
13 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'43.527 2.714 / 0.016
14 5 Colin EDWARDS USA NGM Mobile Forward Racing Suter 1'44.909 4.096 / 1.382
15 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project Ioda 1'45.148 4.335 / 0.239
16 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Power Electronics Aspar ART 1'45.636 4.823 / 0.488
17 54 Mattia PASINI ITA Speed Master ART 1'46.004 5.191 / 0.368
18 22 Ivan SILVA SPA Avintia Blusens BQR 1'46.271 5.458 / 0.267
77 James ELLISON GBR Paul Bird Motorsport ART 1'52.429 11.616 / 6.158
8 Hector BARBERA SPA Pramac Racing Team Ducati
99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha

Last edited:
Race Update II: Friday, 4 May SBK- Monza, MotoGP Estoril

Still fast in Friday Q1!

worldsbk.com ÔÇô BMW Riders to the fore in the open qualifying session

Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) led home a BMW 1-2-3 at Monza in the first qualifying session, thanks to a 1 minute 42.325 second lap set with only three minutes of the session remaining. He had earlier equalled the best top speed in SBK history when he clocked 334.8kmph down the main straight. Another local rider, Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) was second fastest and Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) third.

The Friday reign of the S1000RR at the fastest circuit on the calendar was only challenged by the Aprilia Racing works bike of Eugene Laverty, who was fourth in the overall rankings. BMW Motorrad Italia Gold Bet rider Ayrton Badovini posted the fifth best lap time, one place up on Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team). Local great Max Biaggi went seventh for Aprilia Racing.

motomatters.com: WSBK 2012 Monza Friday press release roundup

Monza - FIM Superbike World Championship - Qualifying*1

1.*Michel Fabrizio (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'42.327
2.*Marco Melandri (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'42.380
3.*Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'42.523
4.*Eugene Laverty (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'42.625
5.*Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'42.690
6.*Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'42.794
7.*Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'42.844
8.*Chaz Davies (ParkinGO*MTC*Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'43.228
9.*Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'43.393
10.*Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'43.408
11.*Jonathan Rea (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'43.410
12.*John Hopkins (Crescent*Fixi*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'43.576
13.*Leon Camier (Crescent*Fixi*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'43.837
14.*David Salom (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'43.943
15.*Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.042
16.*Jakub Smrz (Liberty*Racing*Team*Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'44.057
17.*Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 1'44.203
18.*Niccol?? Canepa (Red*Devils*Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'44.321
19.*Maxime Berger (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.489
20.*Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'44.686
21.*Leandro Mercado (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'45.156
22.*Mark Aitchison (Grillini*Progea*Superbike*Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'45.841
23.*Sergio Gadea (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'48.085

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Monza - Qualifying Practice 1

Language Version:

Monza ÔÇô Free Practice & Qualifying Practice 1.
Friday, 04th May 2012.

Weather conditions: Sunny with light clouds in the afternoon.
Temperature: Air: 19 ÔÇô 22 ??C, Track: 39 ÔÇô 43 ??C
Number of riders participating: 22/23 from 12/13 teams
Fastest lap Free Practice: Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) 1:43.042 min
Fastest lap Qualifying Practice 1: Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team) 1:42.327 min

It was a perfect Friday for BMW Motorrad at Monza (ITA): In the first qualifying practice for the fourth round of the 2012 FIM Superbike World Championship, four BMW S 1000 RRs were placed in the top 5, with three of them in the first three positions on the provisional starting grid. The Bavarian bike had already shown its potential in the free practice, with BMW Motorrad Motorsport factory rider Leon Haslam (GBR), Michel Fabrizio (ITA) of the BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team and factory rider Marco Melandri (ITA) finishing as the top 3 and MichelÔÇÖs team mate Ayrton Badovini (ITA) in fifth position.

Both factory riders from Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport consistently rode quick lap times, with Marco being quickest and Leon being second for most of the first qualifying practice. Only in the very last minutes did Michel do one faster lap to secure provisional pole position. Only 0.053 seconds behind, Marco qualified provisional second on the grid on his RR with Leon third. Ayrton completed the strong result with fifth position in the first qualifying practice.

Marco Melandri:
Fastest lap Free Practice: 1:43.171 min (P3)/Fastest lap Qualifying Practice 1: 1:42.380 min (P2)
ÔÇ£It was a good day for us. For Monza, we expected to be closer to the top than before, but today it actually went even better than we thought. I am not one hundred percent happy, because over the race distance I still have some issues with chattering. Today we tried put in as many consecutive laps as possible to understand the cause of the issue and how we can solve it. We also collected some good information for the race. Now I just hope that we have a dry race, and I also hope for good weather in the Superpole because this is a very difficult track in the wet.ÔÇØ

Leon Haslam:
Fastest lap Free Practice: 1:43.042 min (P1)/Fastest lap Qualifying Practice 1: 1:42.523 min (P3)
ÔÇ£I am pretty happy with the day. Today, we got through a few things that we wanted to do. This afternoon, we concentrated on race distance, doing longer runs. We started on a ten lap tyre and did another seven or eight laps on it. Even though we did that the times came easily and were close. It is a nice position to be in. We can now work on the little things and do not need to try to solve big things this weekend. Now we have to wait and see what the weather will be like tomorrow. If it is raining, it will be good to get a setting for the wet and then come Sunday, we will have worked in both conditions and be ready for everything.ÔÇØ

Andrea Dosoli (Head of Race Operations):
ÔÇ£It was a good day for BMW Motorrad, because having four RRs in the top five is amazing. I must say a big Thank You to all the guys in Munich and Stephanskirchen for the hard work they have done. This is the result. It means that the bike is competitive. We have seen already in Assen, and confirmed here, that we have made a step forward. I am really happy about the job done by both riders and their crews today. We knew that these two sessions might be the only ones in dry conditions, so we have been working quite hard in order to evaluate different set-ups and different tyres. We are ready for a dry race. Now we need to keep working hard and be also be prepared for the case that it is wet tomorrow, as the weather forecast is not so good. We also want to congratulate Michel Fabrizio and his team for securing the provisional pole position.ÔÇØ

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA GOLDBET SBK TEAM - MONZA ÔÇô FRIDAY

BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team*finished the first day at Monza positively by achieving first place in Qualifying 1 with Michel Fabrizio in Superbike and with Sylvain Barrier in Superstock 1000.

Michel Fabrizio, after finishing in second place the morning's Free Practice 1, improved his performance and got the first place at the end of Qualifying 1, thanks to a 1'42.327 lap time. Michel also recorded a maximum speed of 334.8 on the finishing straight today, equalling the speed record that was set last year on this track.

Ayrton Badovini, on the other hand, took fifth place in Qualifying 1 with a time of 1'42.690. He was particularly competitive in the second part of this afternoon's qualifying after improving the feel of the front of the bike during the first half of the session with the help of technicians and engineers.
In the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup*Sylvain Barrier*and*Lorenzo Baroni*claimed first and third place respectively at the end of Qualifying 1, also taking provisional front row slost for the Sunday race. Barrier, just after setting the lap-time of 1'46.340 that gave him the first position, had a crash at the ÔÇÿLesmo 2ÔÇÖ turn suffering a left shoulder dislocation which puts his participation in the next two days of racing in question.

Andrea Buzzoni,*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team Director, said:
"TodayÔÇÖs result sees four BMW riders in the first five spots, giving BMW Motorrad great satisfaction. Today's performance proves the effectiveness of this programme and efforts from both the technical crew and riders. Today there was a clear demonstration of the competitiveness of this project and the commitment on a technical, human and financial side. Now we must keep our concentration high to achieve the next goal represented by the two Sunday races."

Serafino Foti,*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team Sporting Director, said:
"It's been a positive day as both Michel and Ayrton were quick right from the start and the team worked in a formidable way attitude-wise and made the right choices. We're happy and we are enjoying today's result, waiting to see what the weather has in store for us. We're not completely happy with how the things went for the Superstock 1000 guys. The results match the expectations but Sylvain's crash put his on-track participation in jeopardy".

Michel Fabrizio #84 - FP1 2nd (1'43.049)*- QP1 1st (1'42.327)*:*"I'm happy, after the bad luck experienced in race 2 at Assen and I have got my confidence back. I knew I could have been fast and I'm happy to have proven it on the track. We started in a good way this morning. We haven't made any big change in the set-up as the one we found at Mugello seems to work well on very different track layouts. Now we just have to wait and see how the weather will turn out tomorrow, although the forecast predicts rain."

Ayrton Badovini #86 - FP1 5th (1'43.893)*- QP1 5th (1'42.690)*:*"Today went well. I managed to climb up some positions in the last part of qualifying after experiencing some lack of feeling at the front of my bike. Thanks to Dino and my crew I got back to a way of riding I like. I could even have got a better result but on my fast lap I was slowed down by a rider in front of me who made a mistake at "Variante Ascari". We have found the right direction and because of that I can say I'm happy with the results."

Qualifying 1 SBK*1-*Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team) 1ÔÇÖ42.3272- Marco Melandri (BMW) + 0.053 - 3 Leon Haslam (BMW) +0.196 - 4 Eugene Laverty (Aprilia) + 0.298*5- Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team) + 0.3636- Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) + 0.467 7- Max Biaggi (Aprilia) + 0.517

Qualifying 1 Superstock 1000*1- Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team)*1ÔÇÖ46.340 2- Lorenzo Savadori (Ducati) + 0.436 3- Lorenzo Baroni*(BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team)*+ 0.577 4- Eddi La Marra (Ducati)* + 0.633 5- Bryan Staring (Kawasaki) + 0.897

MotoGP

motomatters.com: 2012 Estoril Friday press release roundup

Pos.Num.RiderNationTeamBikeKm/hTimeGap*1st/Prev.11Casey STONERAUSRepsol Honda TeamHonda1'38.396211Ben SPIESUSAYamaha Factory RacingYamaha1'38.7170.321 / 0.321335Cal CRUTCHLOWGBRMonster Yamaha Tech 3Yamaha1'38.7420.346 / 0.025426Dani PEDROSASPARepsol Honda TeamHonda1'38.7970.401 / 0.055599Jorge LORENZOSPAYamaha Factory RacingYamaha1'38.9300.534 / 0.133619Alvaro BAUTISTASPASan Carlo Honda GresiniHonda1'38.9590.563 / 0.029769Nicky HAYDENUSADucati TeamDucati1'39.0290.633 / 0.07088Hector BARBERASPAPramac Racing TeamDucati1'39.1930.797 / 0.164946Valentino ROSSIITADucati TeamDucati1'39.3570.961 / 0.164104Andrea DOVIZIOSOITAMonster Yamaha Tech 3Yamaha1'39.6151.219 / 0.2581117Karel ABRAHAMCZECardion AB MotoracingDucati1'40.2071.811 / 0.592126Stefan BRADLGERLCR Honda MotoGPHonda1'40.8982.502 / 0.6911314Randy DE PUNIETFRAPower Electronics AsparART1'41.0882.692 / 0.1901441Aleix ESPARGAROSPAPower Electronics AsparART1'41.6343.238 / 0.5461568Yonny HERNANDEZCOLAvintia BlusensBQR1'41.6383.242 / 0.0041654Mattia PASINIITASpeed MasterART1'41.9733.577 / 0.3351751Michele PIRROITASan Carlo Honda GresiniFTR1'42.2523.856 / 0.279185Colin EDWARDSUSANGM Mobile Forward RacingSuter1'42.5874.191 / 0.3351922Ivan SILVASPAAvintia BlusensBQR1'42.8044.408 / 0.217209Danilo PETRUCCIITACame IodaRacing ProjectIoda1'42.9844.588 / 0.1802177James ELLISONGBRPaul Bird MotorsportART1'43.6655.269 / 0.681

Saturday, 5 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

Fiday leftovers :eat

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9sNPG9CIerY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kiB0awg3pyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saturday

The really important Monza story will be the weather and how teams deal with it. BMW dominated Friday. Can they do the same in the rain?

worldsbk.com: Laverty fastest today but Fabrizio enters Superpole as the class leader

Monza - FIM Superbike World Championship - Qualifying*2

1.*Michel Fabrizio (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'42.327
2.*Marco Melandri (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'42.380
3.*Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'42.523
4.*Eugene Laverty (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'42.625
5.*Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'42.690
6.*Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'42.794
7.*Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'42.844
8.*Chaz Davies (ParkinGO*MTC*Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'43.228
9.*Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'43.393
10.*Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'43.408
11.*Jonathan Rea (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'43.410
12.*John Hopkins (Crescent*Fixi*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'43.576
13.*Leon Camier (Crescent*Fixi*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'43.837
14.*David Salom (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'43.943
15.*Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.042
16.*Jakub Smrz (Liberty*Racing*Team*Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'44.057
17.*Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 1'44.203
18.*Niccol?? Canepa (Red*Devils*Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'44.321
19.*Maxime Berger (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.489
20.*Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'44.686
21.*Leandro Mercado (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'45.156
22.*Mark Aitchison (Grillini*Progea*Superbike*Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'45.841
23.*Sergio Gadea (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'48.085

motogp

fim-live.com: Stoner throws down the gauntlet at Estoril

Saturday

MotoGP.com: Pedrosa sets the pace in final free practice

Formula 1

formula1.com: [Alexander] Rossi handed Barcelona practice opportunity

reuters.com: F1 float may finally get off grid

bbc.co.uk: Force India handed ?ú650,000 legal bill in copright dispute

independent.co.uk: Alonso demands a faster Ferrari

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FOftfEntvUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/79rN4UxAPes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mIRroW0dpJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

visordown.com: Triumph tests rocket parts

motorcycledaily.com: MD Lifestyle ÔÇô Unfinished business

motorcycle.com: Sena SMH5 Communicator review

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b137nEjSAk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nkNIZ50rF1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1n8w04iJnQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8EcAz4xQlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Woodcliff Lake, NJ  May 4, 2012BMW today announced new BMW M Performance Parts specially designed for the new 2012 BWW 3 Series Sedan and 2011-2012 5 Series Sedan. Like the BMW M Performance Parts already available for the high-performance M3, 1 Series M Coupe, X5 M and X6 M, the components developed for 3 Series and 5 Series models ensure an authentic transfer of BMW M-specific motor racing technology to everyday driving. ...MORE

Once again BMW is advancing into a new vehicle segment with the introduction of the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe. Following the convertible and the Coupe in the BMW 6 Series, this new exclusive model is the true embodiment of aesthetics, sportiness, comfort and luxury in perfect form. ...MORE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fy0sqyS1AY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

iol.co.za: BMW + University = viable battery car

gmanetwork.com: All the right and wrong reasons to own vintage cars

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PvKRtJEJaxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/RorySutherland_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/RorySutherland_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1437&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=rory_sutherland_perspective_is_everything;year=2011;theme=how_the_mind_works;theme=media_that_matters;theme=design_like_you_give_a_damn;theme=not_business_as_usual;event=TEDxAthens;tag=advertising;tag=culture;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" />
<embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011X/Blank/RorySutherland_2011X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/RorySutherland_2011X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1437&lang=&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=rory_sutherland_perspective_is_everything;year=2011;theme=how_the_mind_works;theme=media_that_matters;theme=design_like_you_give_a_damn;theme=not_business_as_usual;event=TEDxAthens;tag=advertising;tag=culture;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed>
</object>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zky5WbA2Xtc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mLbcmuuZQC8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SBK

FIM

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: Over one-half of motorcycle/car crashes are caused by what? http://t.co/wsZOONvR

Bike Candy

863133496_TC2wi-L.jpg

863131766_vb8Fp-L.jpg

863129744_cSDX7-L.jpg

863135106_rFsEP-L.jpg

Race Update ÔÇô 13 May ÔÇô Donington Park - Double!

This time for sure.

Sunday warm up at Donington Park

Donington - FIM Superbike World Championship - Warm*Up

1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'28.828
2. Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'28.872
3. Leon Camier (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'29.021
4. Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'29.199
5. Marco Melandri (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'29.240
6. Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'29.260
7. Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'29.315
8. Jonathan Rea (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'29.338
9. Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'29.497
10. Michel Fabrizio (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'29.579
11.Jakub Smrz (Liberty*Racing*Team*Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 1'29.589
12. Maxime Berger (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'29.630
13. Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'29.692
14. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'29.763
15. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'29.986
16. Niccol?? Canepa (Red*Devils*Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'30.046
17. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO*MTC*Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'30.084
18. Peter Hickman (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'30.108
19. Loris Baz (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'30.780
20. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 1'31.209
21. Mark Aitchison (Grillini*Progea*Superbike*Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'31.446
22. Leandro Mercado (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'32.269
23. Gary Mason (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'33.285

BMW DOUBLE

Marco Melandri is the first to notch a victory in WSBK for BMW. Leon Haslam took P2 to make it a double podium. Kawasaki's Sykes finished in P3.

Donington - FIM Superbike World Championship - Race*1

1. Marco Melandri (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 34'26.736
2. Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 34'27.464
3. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 34'28.345
4. Jonathan Rea (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 34'28.555
5. Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 34'28.838
6. Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 34'31.556
7. Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 34'34.256
8. Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 34'34.663
9. Leon Camier (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 34'41.880
10. Michel Fabrizio (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 34'42.801
11. Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 34'46.541
12. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO*MTC*Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 34'46.906
13. Maxime Berger (Team*Effenbert*Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 34'48.010
14. Jakub Smrz (Liberty*Racing*Team*Effenbert) Ducati 1098R 34'48.253
15. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 34'53.656
16. Loris Baz (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 35'01.761
17. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda*World*Superbike*Team) Honda CBR1000RR 35'05.929
18. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 35'09.070
19. Niccol?? Canepa (Red*Devils*Roma) Ducati 1098R 35'10.290
20. Mark Aitchison (Grillini*Progea*Superbike*Team) BMW S1000 RR 35'50.353
NC. Peter Hickman (FIXI*Crescent*Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 35'17.985
RT. Gary Mason (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 22'08.892
RT. Leandro Mercado (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 

The closing laps of the race were exciting.

With 10 laps remaining Haslam had the lead followed by Sykes and Melandri. Melandri would overtake Sykes for P2 on the next lap. With 7 laps remaining he would briefly overtake Haslam for the lead but loose it in the last interval of that lap. With 5 remaining Melandri would overtake once again and hold the lead to the end. In loosing the lead to Melandri, Haslam fell prey to Sykes who over took him with 4 laps remaining. Sykes was able to open up a small lead on Haslam but you could see Haslam setting him up for a retake. With 2 laps to go Sykes had over a half a second on Haslam but that would disappear during the lap; Haslam would overtake him on the penultimate lap to give the team the top two spots on the podium.

Look for a full round up this evening.

Sunday, 13 May

i-HwqcnLs-S.jpg

SBK

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Donington - Races

Donington ÔÇô Races.
Sunday, 13th May 2012.

Weather conditions: Sunny with some clouds.
Temperature: Air: 17 ÔÇô 18 ??C, Track: 31 ??C
Number of riders participating: 23 from 13 teams
Fastest lap Race 1: Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) 1:28.992 min
Fastest lap Race 2: Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) 1:28.995 min

The long awaited next milestone has been achieved: Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport has climbed onto the top step on the podium. At Donington (GBR), the team not only celebrated its first victory in the FIM Superbike World Championship, but also its first ÔÇÿone-twoÔÇÖ in the series. Factory riders Marco Melandri (ITA) as winner and Leon Haslam (GBR) being second gave BMW Motorrad the perfect finish in race one in todayÔÇÖs fifth round of the 2012 season.

It was an exciting road leading to the historic first victory in race one. Starting from second, Leon took the lead immediately by passing pole-sitter Tom Sykes (GBR). Marco maintained his third position. At the end of lap four, Sykes passed Leon again, while Marco was successfully defending attacks from Max Biaggi (ITA). On lap 12, Leon fought his way back into the lead, and when Marco passed Sykes on lap 14 for second, the two BMW riders started their nail-biting battle for victory, changing positions at the very top several times. Then, with three laps to go, Leon went wide onto the grass, slipping back to third behind Sykes. Marco was able to open a gap and get the first victory, while Leon did not give up the fight and overtook Sykes for second at the beginning of the last lap, securing the double triumph for BMW Motorrad.

Today was close to being a dream Sunday for the Bavarian team, with Leon being on his way to home victory and Marco lying in second at the last corner of the second race, but racing can be more than tough: They were denied another well-deserved triumph when an over-optimistic manoeuvre by another rider forced both to crash. From the start, they fought a breathtaking battle with Sykes, Biaggi and Jonathan Rea (GBR) for the top positions. With seven laps to go, Leon took the lead, determined to celebrate the next BMW victory on his home soil. Meanwhile Marco succeeded in the battle for second and there was just one corner to go to another ÔÇÿone-twoÔÇÖ. In this last corner, the too ambitious final attack by another rider forced Leon into a crash. LeonÔÇÖs bike slid across the asphalt and hit MarcoÔÇÖs RR with the ItalianÔÇÖs race ending in the gravel. Leon was classified 15th and Marco as retired. Rea won ahead of Biaggi and Sykes.

In the RiderÔÇÖs Championship, Marco is fifth with 97.5 points, followed by Leon, who is sixth with 89 points. In the ManufacturersÔÇÖ Standings BMW improved to second after race one, but slid back to third with 131 points after race two. BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK TeamÔÇÖs Michel Fabrizio (ITA) was tenth and 13th, his team-mate Ayrton Badovini (ITA) 11th and sixth.

Marco Melandri:
Result Race 1: 1st / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:28.999 min
Result Race 2: DNF / Gap to 1st: 1 lap / Fastest Lap Race 2: 1:29.138 min
ÔÇ£It is an awesome feeling for me to put my name in the history books of a factory like BMW Motorrad. I could not have dreamt of this when I was young. I just want to say thank you to BMW Motorrad in Germany, to the team at the track and to everybody involved in the project. We have been working so hard and we have never been close to giving up, even when we have had some difficulties. We will keep pushing, and I am more than happy.

I am disappointed with the result of the second race. I was trying to pass Leon in the final corner, although I knew it would be difficult but I am a racer and I had to try. I ran a little wide and expected Leon to pass me back ÔÇô finishing second would have been ok for me. Then Leon was hit and he crashed. His bike hit me and I crashed too. I feel sorry for both of us but thatÔÇÖs racing. We now have to keep our heads up high and look forward to Salt Lake City where we hope to be fighting for wins again.ÔÇØ

Leon Haslam:
Result Race 1: 2nd / Gap to 1st: 00:00.728 min / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:29.097 min
Result Race 2: 15th/ Gap to 1st: 01:20.196 min / Fastest Lap Race 2: 1:39.308 min
What a day. I had a good pace in race one. In the end, I have to say that I am kind of disappointed with the second place. I had a big wobble out of Coppers and it actually put me on the right hand side of Marco instead of the left, and he braked a bit earlier that lap. I had nowhere to go, so I opted for the gravel. It was kind of a combination of things that caught me out but fair play to Marco. A BMW 1-2 result is just fantastic. Right now I just want to forget race 2. I feel a bit frustrated because I was going for my first win for BMW Motorrad  at my home round, but we were denied that well deserved victory. The crash was not my fault at all Anyway, thats racing, and were now looking forward to the next round. Hopefully we can turn things around at the next race meeting at Salt Lake City. I want to dedicate my race 1 result to Robert Fearnall, who was a close friend of the family.

Bernhard Gobmeier (BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director):
ÔÇ£The first race was absolutely thrilling. We saw bike-to-bike action, and our opponents gave us a hard time on the track. MarcoÔÇÖs race was impressive: He organized his race excellently, showed great overtaking ability and consequently deserved the victory. For us it is even more satisfying to see that Leon was also able to showcase his talent. He also had great battles on the track and completed BMW MotorradÔÇÖs first double victory in World Superbikes. This 1-2 is the result of the hard work of everyone involved in this project ÔÇô in Munich, in Stephanskirchen and at the track. A big Thank You to our riders and the whole team.

The second race was again great ÔÇô until the last corner. It is just too disappointing to see both riders crash blamelessly when leading the pack into the final corner of the race. Now we have to keep our heads up and look forward to Salt Lake City. We hope to fight for wins there as well.ÔÇØ

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA GOLDBET SBK TEAM - DONINGTON PARK ÔÇô SUNDAY

Today*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team completed the fifth round of 2012 World Superbike season. Michel Fabrizio and Ayrton Badovini finished race 1 with a 10th and 11th place, while in the second race they crossed the line in 13th and 6th respectively.

SundayÔÇÖs first SBK race started at noon on a dry track. Michel Fabrizio, who started from 11th on the grid was 12th at the end of lap one, maintained a consistent race pace during the first half of the race before the pain in his right limited his performance for the remaining laps. He was the 10th rider to take the chequered.

Ayrton Badovini, had a small collision with Jakub Smrz at turn 1 and consequently lost positions and found himself 18th at the end of the first lap. Once "Speedy" got back into his rhythm, he managed to make a comeback to an eleventh final place.

The race was won by*Marco Melandri, BMW Motorrad Motorsport Team rider, which brought the first podium top step for the BMW S 1000 RR. Melandri finished ahead of his team mate Leon Haslam in second, therefore bringing not just the maiden victory for the German manufacturer in the Superbike World Championship but also a ÔÇÿ1-2ÔÇÖ finish.

Michel Fabrizio jump-started race 2 and therefore the "Gladiator" was awarded a ride-through penalty. Michel rode through the pit-lane at the end of lap 4, getting back on track in twentieth position and finishing the race with a thirteenth place.

Ayrton Badovini, who made a fairly good start from the third row, kept his race pace and, despite suffering from early wear of the soft front tyre, finished sixth.

Andrea Buzzoni, BMW Motorrad Italia General Manager, said:
"It was an historical day for BMW Motorrad. I would like to truly congratulate our colleagues at the BMW Motorrad Motorsport Team and Bernhard Gobmeier for the well deserved success and the reward for the amazing work they have done. This victory shows that the BMW is highly competitive, which was already evident, and finally has been recorded in results despite the incredible end to race 2. I'm happy that Marco Melandri set a milestone in our history. Our team, for various reasons, is still not getting the competitiveness from our package, apart from the sixth place. In racing you need patience, determination and enthusiasm, always. We will continue to work hard and with a lot of oomph to get back where we belong. The team is strong".

Serafino Foti,*BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet Superbike Team Sporting Director, stated:
"Personally I'm not happy with this weekend. I feel we deserve more than this. The team has done an amazing job, as always, but it looks as though a series of ever changing circumstances meant we haven't been able to get the results we expect. We're working very hard. We need to stay focused to give our best in order to put an end to this spell at Miller Motorsports Park. I wish to congratulate BMW Motorrad Motorsport for the outstanding result obtained today."

Michel Fabrizio #84 - Race 1 10th - Race 2 13th : "In race 2 my start was quick, maybe too quick as I got a ride-through. While I was riding into the pit-lane there was a misunderstanding with a marshal. I thought that they wanted me to stop but it was not so, and I lost 5 more useful seconds. It's a shame about the jump-start. Without that I would have had the chance of a good race. I'm not demoralised. I will be more charged up than ever for the US round."

Ayrton Badovini #86 - Race 1 11th - Race 2 6th : "Race 1 started uphill after the collision at the start. That cost me a lot of time and forced me into a catch-up race. For race 2 we tried a soft front tyre but it wore out as soon as we got into the second part of the race, so I raced conservatively to get the best result possible. We come out of this weekend with a clear view of what we have to work on for Miller".

Race 1: 1- Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) 34ÔÇÖ26.736 2- Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) + 0.728 3- Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) + 1.609*10- Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team) + 16.065*11- Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team) + 19.805

Race 2: 1- Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) 34ÔÇÖ31.847 2- Max Biaggi (Aprilia) 3- Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) + 2.029*6- Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team) + 17.469 13- Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet SBK Team) + 28.390 15- Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport)+ 1ÔÇÖ20.196

Formula 1

Sunday Press Confernce
DRIVERS
1 ÔÇô Pastor MALDONADO (Williams)
2 ÔÇô Fernando ALONSO (Ferrari)
3 ÔÇô Kimi RAIKKONEN (Lotus)

Classification
Lap Chart
Lap Analysis
Fast Laps
History Chart
Maximum Speed
Pit Stop Summary
Sector Times
Speed Trap

fia.com: Maldonado takes maiden win

fia.com: Williams post race fire

formula1.com: Selected team and driver quotes

fia.com: Schumacher takes five place penalty for next race
Steward decision

A brilliant win for Maldonado and Williams makes the fifth driver in five races to take a victory in F1 this year. The Circus heads to Monaco. Will Lotus or Sauber break through to continue the string or will the mighty monarchy deliver the first repeat of the season.

The press will justifiably focus on Williams, Ferrari and Lotus after this race. The race I was truly impressed with was the one Hamilton had.

Striped of his pole position he started P24 on one of the hardest track to make a pass on. A combination of a two stop strategy, when others teams were using a three stop strategy due to the tender Pirelli tyres, and a solid driving performance resulted in a P5 finish. As the final laps were winding down he was closing in on Rosberg and ran out of time before he could make the pass. The irony in this is that the delay in getting to this point was in large part do to an extended duel with Massa earlier. Hamilton was not able to resolve the pass of the Brazilian on track and needed the help of pit stops to seal the deal. Massa days in a Ferrari are numbered yet he was the only driver that was able to fend off and delay the charging Hamilton for any length of precious time. Hamilton is in a struggle in his own team. Button is the titular team number one driver. Yet the McLaren 'top pilot' with a fourteen position advantage finished behind his teammate.

Other Racing

BMW Team RLL finish third and fourth at Laguna Seca. Munich, 12th May 2012. Although both BMW M3 GT cars of BMW Team RLL led the GT class for a significant part of the six-hour American Le Mans Monterey race, they ultimately finished in the third and fourth positions. Bill Auberlen (US) and J?Ârg M??ller (DE) completed 232 laps of the 2.238-mile, 11-turn Laguna Seca circuit bringing the no. 55 BMW M3 GT home in third place, scoring their first podium together and delivering the teamÔÇÖs third consecutive podium of the season....More

FWIW

Heroes to Zeros in Once Corner

Marco Melandri and Leon Haslam are the heroes of Race 1 at Doningon Park. Melandri scored BMW's first victory and Haslam's P2 made it a spectacular double podium.
The team went into this weekend in P4 of the Manufacturer Championship. With the 25 points from this win they vaulted past Aprilia by two points into P2 from fourth place behind Kawasaki where they started the weekend. For three hours, 23 laps and all but one corner it looked as if they would increase that lead. The 25 points for Race 2 slipped through their hands as the pair slipped on the track and skittered across the track. Aryton Badovini salvaged 10 points for BMW by being the first BMW to cross the line, all be it the last points scoring manufacturer rider to do so. BMW leaves Donington Park third place in the Manufacturer Championship 1.5 points ahead of Kawasaki.

I am not a fan of team orders. I rank them right up there with prevent defenses in the various stick and ball sports. The thing they do to often is prevent victories. Racing is about passing and pushing hard to win. It is also about judgment. A win is a win whether you do it by one minute or 0.001 seconds; however to win you must finish the race. Melandri did not. Haslam picked up his bike and was listed in P15 the final finishing position of the field. How the team views this is their business I am still very happy to focus on Race 1 and the double podium.

i-rwH3dqk.jpg

If I were the King of the BMW Racing World I would not be concerned with team orders or dissertations to riders about judgment. I would instead be pulling out my Italian dictionary and talking with the second BMW team.

Manufacturer Championships are won by scoring points and by denying points to the other teams. The role of the rear guard riders is to press ahead as far as possible. In this case the German team riders slipped. Badovini's P6 finish still allowed other teams to score more points. A P5 would have added one to BMW while taking it away from another team. In this case a Ducati. If gain more as you move up the list.

The Manufacturer Championship is still at a point where BMW can make some real progress. That window of opportunity for a pass is closing. BMW can ill afford to let any points slip through their hands. The Italian team needs to step up.

I am not the King of the BMW Racing World and will go to the Official Fly-Over-Land Coffee shop Monday morning and celebrate a kick butt Race 1 victory instead of kicking butt.

Bike Candy

The candy is much sweeter when teammates play hard but nice.

i-RfHbcST-L.jpg

i-6WHSQCb-L.jpg

Back