• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Saturday, 24 August

i-khMwbhL-S.jpg

Members with Birthdays this Month

SBK

i-cLxcfZB-M.jpg

MotoGP

motomatters.com 2013 Brno MotoGP Friday Round Up: On Yamaha Tracks, Honda vs Yamaha, And Innovation In Moto2
After visiting three Honda tracks in a row, MotoGP finally heads back to a Yamaha track.

motomatters.com 2013 Brno MotoGP Friday Post-Practice Press Releases
Press releases from the MotoGP teams after the first day of practice at Brno: Round Number:* 11 Year:* 2013 read more

hondaproracing.com Confident start for Honda in Brno

ducati.com Ducati Team hampered by lack of grip on day one at Brno

bikesportnews.com MotoGP Brno: 'Good step forward' for Smith on day one
He finishes seventh and half a second behind Crutchlow

bikesportnews.com MotoGP Brno: Crutchlow facing setup jigsaw puzzle
He tried three different sets of settings and couldn't find a happy medium

fim-live.com Bradl blasts to top
A late lap from Stefan Bradl saw the LCR Honda MotoGP rider demote Jorge Lorenzo to second place in Friday afternoon practice ahead of the bwin Grand Prix Česk? republiky.

VIDEO: Brno 2013 - Honda Preview

VIDEO: Brno 2013 - Yamaha Preview

bikesportnews.com No recovery period set for Spies after further surgery

Formula One

FIA.com
Stewards Biographies
Belgium Preview
Media Kit
Friday Press Conference Transcript

formula1.com Friday analysis - Red Bull set the bar high in Belgium
After a still-damp track rendered FP1 an inconclusive affair in Belgium, teams were able to start dialling in their cars in earnest as the track had dried completely by the start of FP2, which was run in 32 degrees Celsius track and*

formula1.com Friday practice - selected team and driver quotes
It was a wet start to the day at Spa-Francorchamps but when the track dried up for the aftenoon session, Red Bull showed their potential with a dominant one-two. All the drivers and senior team personnel report back on the opening*

bbc.co.uk Drivers demand tyre safety assurances

f1technical.com] Pirelli denies punctures are similar to Silverstone issues
Two tyre punctures at the second free practice session at Spa-Francorchamps have triggered another tyre saga as teams and fans fear a repeat of the issues seen at Silverstone.

f1times.com Ecclestone says New Jersey GP not happening
The Grand Prix of America, situated on the streets of New Jersey, won't be happening in 2014, Bernie Ecclestone has admitted to CNN. The race's future has been in doubt ever since it was announced back in 2011

Other Racing

MC

cycleworld.com Worlds Fastest Motorcycles Descend on Bonneville
American Motorcyclist Association Press Release: The world's fastest motorcyclists are preparing to put their names in the record books at the Bonneville Salt Flats during the 2013 AMA Land Speed Grand*

thevintegent.com Brough Superior 'Return To The Salt' Preview
Rider Eric Patterson aboard the 1150cc Brough Superior 'Roadrunner' with new, shapely streamlining, similar in feel to the 1930s Brough record-breaker 'Leaping Lena'The Ace Caf? sponsored a preview party for Brough Superior's*

VIDEO: 2013 FIM eROAD Racing World Cup - Ricardo Tormo - (ESP)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CUOl5U8xV0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage and...

americascup.com Happy birthday to the America?s Cup
The competition for the oldest trophy in international sport, the America?s Cup celebrates its 162nd birthday today

americascup.com Inside the America?s Cup ? Racing on San Francisco Bay
In Episode 5 of Inside the America?s Cup, called Racing the Riotous Bay, the iconic San Francisco Bay takes center stage as a body of water that has never been easy to sail or tame

VIDEO: News: LOUIS VUITTON CUP FINAL RACE 6

VIDEO: Replay: LOUIS VUITTON CUP - FINALS - RACE 6

On the Street

rideapart.com RideApart Review: BMW F800R
TweetAn accessible, naked BMW? Sounds like teutonically overbuilt, Germanically practical perfection, right? Wrong. Photos: Grant Ray 2013 BMW F 800 R Details What?s New: The engine on the BMW F800R pretty much th

cycleworld.com 2014 YAMAHA FZ-09 ? TECHNICAL REVIEWYamaha shoots a $7990 bullet into the heart of boring bargain bikes with its new 847cc Triple.

motorcycle-usa.com 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa First Ride
For 2013 the Suzuki Hayabusa gets ABS and Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers. Read on to find out if these two changes improve the most popular hypersport in the United States.

rideapart.com RideApart Review: 2014 Harley-Davidson Touring Models
TweetAt one of the biggest launches ever in its 110-year history, Harley-Davidson pulled the wraps off eight new models this week in Denver, Colorado, with more than 100 new features that encompass water-cooled*

rideapart.com The Best Street Motorcycle Helmets Under $800
TweetFor those of you who want to spend top dollar on a top-of-the-line helmet we present this list of the best/our favorite helmets under $800 Disclaimer: The helmets on this list were chosen for being the absolute best*

visordown.com Stolen, recovered and stolen in 24 hours
A MAN from*St.*Louis, Missouri, had his motorcycle stolen, recovered then stolen again. In the space of 24 hours.David Dickinson, 61, had a flat tyre on his motorcycle and his son pick him up on their trailer that night.

Poll motorcycleconsumernews.com How much does racing influence you buying a manufacturer's sportsbike?
BMW has pulled the plug on their factory World Superbike effort, after five years of trying and without winning a championship.But is winning a championship important?*

The Commute

i-gkbJKtb-L.jpg

Cage World

VIDEO: '67 Crusher Camaro vs '70 Super Bee 1,500-Mile Burnout-Fest! - Roadkill Episode 19

VIDEO: The One At The Pebble Beach Concours D'elegance Concept Lawn! - World's Fastest Car Show Ep. 3.14

www.bimmerfile.com: BimmerFile ? cage news options & reviews that matter

FWIW

columbus.png

VIDEO: Rocky and Bullwinkle
Jet Fuel Formula - Parts 21 And 22

Jet Fuel Formula - Parts 23 And 24

VIDEO: Rarely seen 1984 documentary hosted by Bob Lang about Hal Roach's 'Our Gang' series (a.k.a. 'The Little Rascals') and featuring interviews with many of them as adults,

VIDEO: The little rascals disc 1

i-rPfvZbt-L.jpg

Packers.com/news-and-events

Reference Library

Bike Candy
visordown.com Works on Bikes: EX BMW
Take a 1991 BMW K100, put in a whole load of creativity and 99 hours of effort and you get this: the Works on Bikes EX BMW.Called the EX BMW because the two guys and girl behind this custom from Milan only kept the engine and*

i-HcSnxJj-M.jpg

Sunday, 25 August Racing Update : MotoGP at Brno, Formula 1 at Spa

MotoGP

Results and Statistics

motogp.com Marquez beats Pedrosa and Lorenzo at Brno

VIDEO MotoGP Brno 2013 - Marc Marquez interview

VIDEO MotoGP Brno podcast

motomatters.com Brno MotoGP Sunday Roundup

motogp.com Tough day for teammates Crutchlow and Smith at Brno

motogp.com Lorenzo on podium with Rossi fourth again

hondaproracing.com Race report

race.yamaha-motogp.c0.jp Race report

ducati.com Dovizioso Hayden seventh and eight in Czech Republic

fim-live.com Moto2 Great feeling for Kallio

VIDEO Moto2? Brno 2013 - Mika Kallio interview

fim-live.com Salom wins again

VIDEO Moto3 Brno 2013 - Luis Salom interview

Formula One

FIA.com

2013 Belgian Grand Prix
Sunday Press Conference Transcript

DRIVERS
1 ? Sebastian VETTEL (Red Bull Racing)
2 ? Fernando ALONSO (Ferrari)
3 ? Lewis HAMILTON (Mercedes)

formula1.com Race - dominant Vettel waltzes to victory in Belgium

vettel.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

formula1.com Selected team and driver quotes

formula1.com Sebastian Vettel Q&A

Bike Candy

i-TW7x5wJ-M.jpg

Thursday, 29 August

i-khMwbhL-S.jpg

FWIW: Rapid Roy has given us a lot of nothing when he started his now classic thread ?This thread is going to be stale and unimaginative, don't look and in the process we had a bunch of laughs on the forum. He has been a regular forum contributor over the years. We have followed his and his families ups and downs dealing with his daughter Rachael's chronic illness. Now we have a chance to help one of the best guys I have met in my association with the BMW MOA.

Roy found an amazing pedaling unit that insurance has deemed "experimental". Whatever. Let's take care of what they won't, and help Rachael work toward walking again. You can help by going to Fundrazr.com and helping Rachael and Roy.

Fact or myth: We pride ourselves in taking care of our own on the road and on the forum. Here is a chance for the readers of this thread to do just that.

Thank you.

SBK

BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team - WSBK - N?rburgring - Preview
After the summer break, the 2013 FIM Superbike World Championship enters its final stage with BMW Motorrad?s home round. The iconic N?rburgring (GER) will host the tenth of a total of 14 rounds this weekend

worldsbk.com The FIM, F?d?ration Internationale de Motocyclisme, has published 2014 Superbike Technical Rules and 2014 Superbike EVO Technical Rules, update 27 August.

worldsbk.com Nurburgring the stage for Round 10 of the season
The iconic Nurburgring will host the tenth round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship this weekend. The German venue marked its return to the series in 2008 with a partly modified layout, featuring a new slow section*

worldsbk.com Sykes eager to get back to winning status
Tom Sykes is full of confidence and expectation as WSBK returns at the famous N?rburgring for the tenth round of the season.

hondaproracing.com Pata Honda returns to Nurburgring
MotoGP

hondaproracing.com Honda's Marquez out to make more history at Silverstone

fim-live.com Yamaha Prepare for the British Grand Prix
The MotoGP paddock continues its relentless pace this weekend as the paddock heads from Brno in the Czech Republic to Silverstone in the UK for the third consecutive race weekend, the British Grand Prix

bikesportnews.com Rossi keen to erase Silverstone Ducati MotoGP memories
But he thinks Crutchlow will give him a hard time on Sunda

motorcycle-usa.com Single Track Mind ? MotoGP Has to Change
As the Melling household prepares for the MotoGP visit to Silverstone, Frank files another missive toward Dorna and its handling of World Championship motorcycle racing

Formula One

bbc.co.uk Massa needs to improve - Ferrari
Ferrari want to retain Felipe Massa for next season, but only if he starts to deliver better results on track.

f1times.com Ferrari hopeful of new Sauber engine deal
Ferrari remain hopeful that they can continue their engine partnership with customer team Sauber next season when the sport switches to V6 engines. The Swiss outfit hit some financial difficulties earlier this month which*

Other Racing

MC

i-BXtGZNL-L.jpg

On the Street

motorcyclenews.com Special K: BMW K1300S Anniversary

asphaltandrubber.com Brammo Offers Guaranteed Trade-in Program
Here?s some EV news for yah: Brammo has announced a guaranteed trade-in program for its electric motorcycle offerings, which basically says that if you buy a new Brammo motorcycle between now and the end of September 2013,*

rideapart.com RideApart Review: Honda CB500X
TweetThe third member of Big Red?s new 500 family adds adventure style and a tall riding position. The Honda CB500X is the only member of that range with significant mechanical differentiatio

dealernews.com Kawasaki recalls more Concours 14 police bikes for unauthorized mods
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Kawasaki is recalling additional Concours 14 police motorcycles after discovering that accessories installed by other companies to customize the bikes for law enforcement may cause the bike's 30-amp*

cyrilhuzeblog.com Wood Gas Powered Ural Sidecar
Talk about low tech. Wood gas, the byproduct of partial combustion of wood was used mainly in Europe countries before, during (because of fuel rationing) and after WWII

i-9N3G6ZS-L.jpg

Cage World

autonews.comBMW owners vent anger at months-long wait for spare parts
BMW has angered some of its global customers because a new supply-management system is delaying the delivery of spare parts to fix their vehicles.

thechicaneblog.com Minimalismis overrated

i-s6k2fDC-XL.jpg

VIDEO: Colonel Bleep - The Uncharted Island - 1957
The First Color Cartoon Ever Made For Television, Not Shown On TV Since The Early 1970's Created By Robert D. Buchanan And Joseph Barbera, 104 Episodes Were Produced But Less Half That Survive Today.

FWIW

questions.png

Reference Library

Bike Candy
Pipeburn.com Honda CR750 Yoshimura Special

i-G7D7n78-M.jpg

BikeEXIF.com BMW R75/6 BY MARIA MOTORCYCLES

i-CxTmFnP-L.jpg

Friday, 30 August

i-khMwbhL-S.jpg

FundRazr The tally is over 54 percent as I post this issue of the BR&TMR. Can you help?

Thank you.

Friday, 30 SBK

worldsbk.com Nurburgring ? the pre-round statistics
WorldSBK.com takes a look at at the stats, facts and figures ahead of the tenth round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship at the Nurburgring. Sylvain Guintoli always finished in the top-10 all the six races run here

worldsbk.com WSBK riders team up for the Motor Mania game
The eni FIM Superbike World Championship paid a special visit today to Nurburgring's Ring Werk center, a large entertainment complex into the circuit area, that includes a museum, shops and

worldsbk.com Supersport titans to clash again in Germany
The final lap clash between Sam Lowes (Yakhnich Motorsport Yamaha) and Kenan Sofuoglu (Mahi Racing Team India Kawasaki) at Silverstone was the sign of how much the World Supersport title means to both contenders

worldsbk.com WSBK welcomes Nilox
Nilox joins the eni FIM Superbike World Championship as a new sponsor with a long-term agreement, bringing added value to the spectacular and entertaining actions of the series. Nilox (www.nilox.com), an Italian brand of*

MotoGP

motomatters.com 2013 Silverstone MotoGP Preview Press Releases
Press releases from the MotoGP teams and Bridgestone previewing the upcoming British Grand Prix at Silverstone: Round Number:* 12 Year:* 2013 read more

motogp.com Thursday Press Conference kicks off Hertz British Grand Prix
Repsol Honda Team?s championship leading Rookie Marc Marquez was joined by teammate Dani Pedrosa, Yamaha Factory Racing duo Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi, Monster Yamaha Tech 3?s Cal Crutchlow and*

bikesportnews.com MotoGP Silverstone: '2010 carbon frame was fast' - Hayden
He was half a second under this year's pole time

motomatters.com Finally Official: Redding Signs Two-Year Deal With Gresini In MotoGP
MotoGP's worst-kept secret - the latest in a very, very long line of badly-kept secrets - is finally out. As had been widely reported, Gresini Honda finally confirmed that they have signed a two-year deal with Scott Redding to race

superbikeplanet.com Lorenzo No new transmission for Silverstone

Formula One

nbcsports.com MST: David Ward confirms bid for FIA presidency
David Ward has today resigned from the FIA Foundation in order to challenge Jean Todt for the FIA Presidency later on this year. The Briton, who has headed up the FIA Foundation since 2001, has thrown his hat into the ring

nbcsports.com MST: Ticket details for United States GP confirmed
Ticket prices for the United States Grand Prix in November have been confirmed, allowing fans to get a taste of Formula One for as little as $49. F1 returned to the USA last November following a five year break, with the l

f1times.com Ecclestone opposes Michelin and tyre war
Bernie Ecclestone has dismissed Michelin's interest in becoming Formula 1's tyre supplier for 2014, either in a sole capacity or to compete against Pirelli. The French manufacturer has signalled its interest*

VIDEO: F1 2013 - Mercedes AMG - Driver reaction time in Formula 1 (with Hamilton & Rosberg)

Other Racing

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hq0G6pSCFUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MC

fim-live..com Husqvarna announces Motocross Factory Team for 2014 season
Husqvarna Factory Racing has announced its intention to be a major player in the FIM World Motocross Championship series from the 2014 season with a full factory team in the paddock for both MX1 and MX2 classes.*In the MX1*

racingcafe.com Suzuki RG500 racing engine

i-4hZtTdv-S.jpg

Cage and...

VIDEO: Handmade Wooden Car Race - Red Bull Formulaz 2013 Turkey

On the Street

dealersnews.com Shoei and Schuberth: Helmet heavyweights
SCHUBERTH HAS BEEN pushing hard over the last few years, unveiling new and updated models every season. In response, Shoei has been launching its own share of all-new and updated models.

dealernews.com Gear and apparel: By the numbers
NO ONE WANTS to be left standing with a lot of odd leftover gear: Boots that would only fit a giant and jackets in colors that match a brand you don?t even sell.*

dealernews.com Gear 2014: The Soft Sell of Safety
?SAFETY ISN'T SEXY, so it?s really hard to sell safety.? The quote comes from Brian Weston, managing director for Arai Helmet Americas. When it comes to selling riding gear, that sentiment is echoed across the board.

cyrilhuzebkig,com The 2014 Triumph Bonneville, Thruxton and Scrambler
2014 is for Triumph the year of only cosmetic changes on all 3 of its classic models. The Triumph Bonneville keeps its 865 cc parallel-twin, but got a new exhaust for a better growl.*

webbikeworld.com Essential Buyer's Guide Kawasaki Z1 & Z900 Book Review
Excellent guide to these classic Kawasaki motorcycles by an avid collector.

i-KhPm7s8-S.jpg

overlandmagazin

i-nbLBvxv-L.jpg

RECALLs

Transport Canada and ZERO MOTORCYCLES issued a recall on the S, and DS models
On certain motorcycles, incorrect front brake caliper mounting bolts may have been installed during vehicle assembly. Should the bolts break, the caliper could interfere with the rotation of the front wheel,...

The Commute

i-7Vwhf8H-S.jpg

MC commuters can't wait for the weekend either!

The MotherShip PressClub

The new BMW X5 M50d, BMW Individual, and Original BMW Accessories: Dynamic, exclusive, versatile.
Third generation of the Sports Activity Vehicle, including M Performance model BMW X5 M50d, in the showrooms from 16 November 2013 ? Model-specific products from BMW Individual and the Original BMW Accessories range...More

Rolls-Royce Wraith Officially Arrives In Canada With Dramatic Vancouver Unveiling
On the evening of Wednesday, 28 August 2013, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars will celebrate the Vancouver arrival of its newest and most powerful model, Wraith, with a dramatic unveiling event at the Rocky Mountaineer Train Station....More

Cage World

thechicane.com Dizzying Collection of Werner B?hrer Illustrations
After yesterday?s Lola T260 illustration post, KABay was kind enough to point us to this treasure trove of Werner B?hrer?s illustrations of racing cars for Road & Track. Once I saw it, I knew I wouldn?t be able to let it just sit there in*

i-Hjs4QHS-XL.jpg

jalopnik.com The Ten Most Hipster Cars Ever Made
Hipsters: they don't buy new cars because that's so mainstream, but they want to go camping surrounded by vintage upholstery. It's a tough call, but our readers believe they've*

jalopnik.com This Is How Nissan Builds The World's Fastest Electric Racecar
After leaving others to continue their groundbreaking Deltawing project, Nissan has turned its attention towards building the world's fastest "Zero Emission On Demand Race Car" for Le Mans

gizmag.com Stainless magnesium breakthrough bodes well for manufacturing industries
Magnesium alloys are very attractive for a range of weight-sensitive applications. They have the largest strength-to-weight ratio of the common structural metals, are lighter than aluminum and

FWIW

gizmag.com Curiosity goes autonomous for the first time
NASA took the metaphorical training wheels off the Mars rover Curiosity on Tuesday, as the unmanned explorer took its first drive using autonomous navigation.

VIDEO: Betty Boop - No! No! A Thousand Times No!!

Reference Library

Bike Candy
AdvMotoMag on facebook

i-vzsp6Mn-M.jpg

Saturday, 31 August

i-khMwbhL-S.jpg

FundRazr.com Help Rapid Roy pickup exercise equipment for his daughter Rachael

The fund has achieved sixty nine percent as I post this.

SBK

bikesportnews.com Nurburgring WSBK: Still more to come from provisional pole setter Davies
The Welshman out paced Tom Sykes this afternoo

i-5zBXC75-M.jpg

BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team - WSBK - N?rburgring - Qualifying Practice 1
The BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team took provisional pole-position at its home round at N?rburgring (GER). Factory rider Chaz Davies (GBR) set the fastest time in today?s first qualifying practice for the tenth round of the 2013*

i-mjL4P9r-L.jpg

suzuki-racing.com Camier On The Pace At Nurburgring Wsb
FIXI Crescent Suzuki got back to business today at Nurburgring in Germany for the 10th round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship after the summer lay-off*

bikesportnews.com Nurburgring WSBK: Gearbox and engine problems hamper Laverty
The Irish rider failed to make it in to the top five times today

bikesportnews.com Nurburgring WSBK: Shoulder continuing to improve for crocked Guintoli
The Frenchman is still in a lot of pain

bikesportnews.com Nurburgring WSBK: Checa ?angry and disappointed? after crash
The former champion fell at the beginning of free practice

hondaproracing.com Rea and Haslam on pace in Germany

superikeplanet.com Friday quote machine

MotoGP

VIDEO Silverstone 2013 ? Yamaha Preview

VIDEO: Silverstone 2013 - Yamaha Technical Preview

VIDEO Silverstone 2013 ? Ducati Preview

VIDEO: Silverstone 2013 - Ducati Technical Preview

VIDEO Silverstone 2013 Honda Preview

VIDEO: Silverstone 2013 - Honda Technical Preview

motogp.com Marquez leads in opening Silverstone practice
Championship leader Marc Marquez has topped the first MotoGP? practice session ahead of the Hertz British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

motomatters.com 2013 Silverstone MotoGP Friday Round Up: Nicky Hayden Issues A Retraction, Some Intimidation, And Pedrosa Cheers The Media
The media duties are one of the more difficult parts of a MotoGP rider's job. Every day they spend at a racetrack, they have to spend 10 to 15 minutes answering a barrage of questions from the assembled press

motomatters.com 2013 Silverstone MotoGP Friday Post-Practice Press Releases
Press releases from the MotoGP teams and Bridgestone after the first day of practice at Silverstone: Round Number:* 12 Year:* 2013 read more

Formula One

formula1.comItaly preview quotes - Red Bull, Lotus, Sauber & more
Round 12 of the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship sees the paddock journey to one of the most historic circuits on the calendar - the high-speed heaven that is Monza.*
superbikeplanet.com Friday quote machine

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qmd-R8uY1g8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

MC

San Diego BMW Motorcycles? BMW S 1000 RR Tops 224 MPH At Bonneville?s SCTA Speedweek Event
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? August 30, 2013... Andy Sills of Hunter Sills Racing piloted a San Diego BMW Motorcycles-built BMW S 1000 RR during its debut appearance to an average speed of 224.190 miles per hour across the timed

i-vm2hr2f-L.jpg

asphaltandrubber.com ?Castrol Rocket? Makes a Bid on the 400 MPH Mark
With only minor modification, most new liter-bikes have no trouble reaching 200 mph, provided that you have a track long enough in front of you (don?t be an idiot and try to go that fast on the street). However, it is north of 200 mph*

On the Street

motorcycleusa.com 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure First Ride
The KTM 1190 Adventure just might be the best road-going motorcycle ever from the Austrian manufacturer. Read on to find out why we think so.

motusmotorcycles.com Range.
286 miles from the 5.5 gallon tank.*Lake Ponchatrain, LA to Cottondale, AL without stopping?. The American V4 exceeds expectations again as the benchmark was 250 miles/tank. The test riders behaved (with a few*

motorsportsnewswire.com Mikuni Classic VM Series Round Slide Carburetors & Parts for Restorations & Retro Bikes
NORTHRIDGE, CA ? August 30, 2013 ? (Motor Sports Newswire) ? Mikuni Classic VM Round Slide Carburetors began their legendary reputation as the the best high performance carburetors in the sport of motorcycling

motorcyclenews.com Small bikes for a small budget
Believe it or not, there are over ten million commuters busily going about their business on Honda?s legendary CG125. While popping over to the far east to pick up a used example may be out of the question

VIDEO: Indian Motorcycle? 2013 Sturgis Recap

RECALLs

Transport Canada and POLARIS issued a recall on multiple vehicle models
On certain motorcycles, the rear wheel rim may crack and cause a sudden loss of air pressure. This could cause the rider to lose vehicle control, which may result in a crash causing property damage and/or personal..

Transport Canada and BOMBARDIER RECREATIONAL PRODUCTS issued a recall on the SPYDER model
On certain Can-Am Spyder RT series and Spyder ST series roadsters, heat build-up in the area of the brake master cylinder could cause the manifold inlet (a plastic cover on top of the master cylinder) to melt.

The Commute

i-bwFwF28-M.jpg

The weekend commute takes on all forms.

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW Earns Six 2013 ?Best Of? Awards From Motorcycle.com
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? August 30, 2013... BMW motorcycles swept six categories in Motorcycle.com?s annual ?Best Of? awards ? with the all-new liquid-cooled BMW R 1200 GS earning both ?Motorcycle of the Year? and...More

BMW Team RLL Secures Front Row at Grand Prix of Baltimore.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. ? Aug. 30, 2013 . . . BMW Team RLL will start Saturday?s American Le Mans Series Grand Prix of Baltimore from the front of the GT class grid. The 1-2 qualifying effort was the second such result this year for...More

Cage World

jalopnik.com Could A 367-Horsepower BMW Z5 Be The Next Toyota Supra?
We've known for some time now that Toyota and BMW are teaming up for a high-tech new sports car, but now we're seeing a few very interesting rumors eke out into the German press. Namely they're reporting a new BMW, possibly

jalopnik.com Peter Egan says farewell to Side Glances
The October 2013 issue of Road & Track is momentous in a way. It is home to Peter Egan's final monthly Side Glances column. Peter wants to slow things down a bit, and he's not leaving us.

autonews.com Detroit Electric shifts production to Holland
Detroit Electric is going ahead with production of its Lotus-based sports car in Holland rather than Detroit, as planned.

VIDEO: 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder - Jay Leno's Garage

FWIW

first.png

gizmagazine.com Solar-powered UAV could fly in the upper atmosphere for 5 years at a time
Conventional satellites may be decent at their jobs, but they do have some drawbacks ? the spacecraft themselves are quite expensive, getting them into orbit is also a costly process, and they can?t be reclaimed once they?re in use.

gizmagazine.com Kwiggle Bike claims world?s most compact folding bike crown
One of the main goals for anyone designing a folding bike is to make the bike as compact as possible so it's easier to carry and store when not in use. Karstin Bettin from Hannover, Germany has ticked that box with his Kwiggle*

Now the important stuff

Jet Fuel Formula - Parts 25 And 26

VIDEO *Rocky and Bullwinkle
Jet Fuel Formula - Parts 27 and 28

VIDEO The Raven 1935 Movie FULL FILM Horror Bela Lugosi Boris Karloff

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-sH6d5fK-L.jpg

i-M29GBsx-L.jpg

i-BC4qXss-L.jpg

i-bf9vz6n-L.jpg

i-6fWrzqQ-L.jpg

Saturday, 31 August Racing Update : WorldSBK, MotoGP

SBK

Rain on Sunday contributed to Superpole results. Sun is expected for the Sunday races.

BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team - WSBK - N?rburgring - Superpole
Front row at the home round: The BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team put in a strong performance at the N?rburgring (GER) today. Factory rider Marco Melandri (ITA) qualified second on the grid with his BMW S 1000 RR

fim-live.com Badovini sings in the rain
Ayrton Badovini (Team Ducati Alstare) scored a long awaited Tissot-Superpole win today at the Nurburgring, bringing the 1199 R on the top slot of the grid for the second time this year, after Carlos Checa's performance in the*

Badovini - Nurburgring 2013

eugenelaverty.com Superpole Nurburgring
THE APRILIA RACING RIDERS STRUGGLE TO FIND THE RIGHT FEELING IN A WET SUPERPOLE AT THE N?RBURGRING

bikesportnews.com Nurburgring WSBK: Rea ?frustrated? with changeable conditions
The Northern Irishman needed a dry session to test out the bike

worldsbk.com Pole and record for Barrier
Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad GoldBet) achieved his 15th career STK1000 pole position - his seventh of the season - today at the Nurburgring, after leading the way at the end of Qualifying 2

MotoGP

motogp.com Marquez flies to pole position at Silverstone
Championship leader Marc Marquez set an incredible lap time of 2?00.691 to clinch pole position for Sunday?s Hertz British Grand Prix.

Blistering pace: Marquez VS Lorenzo at Silverstone

autosport.com Marquez insists Lorenzo is favourite
Marc Marquez insists Jorge Lorenzo is still favourite for victory in the British Grand Prix despite beating the Yamaha rider to pole in a record-setting MotoGP qualifying session

motomatters.com 2013 Silverstone MotoGP Saturday Round Up: History Is Made, And A Big Crash
Why do we keep watching motorcycle racing? Because sometimes magic happens. Today was one of those days

autosport.com Crutchlow sure crashes won't mar race
Cal Crutchlow insists his brace of heavy Saturday morning crashes will not affect him heading into his home MotoGP race at Silverstone

motogp.com Espargaro hopes to be fit to race
Aleix Espargaro?s participation in the Hertz British Grand Prix is in doubt following a heavy crash in Saturday afternoon practice.

Other Racing

MC

fim-live.com No Stopping for the Birchall Brothers
From the lights going out to the chequered flag it was the Birchall Brothers Ben and Tom on their "Mitchells of Mansfield" LCR, Suzuki who took command of the race and were not threatened throughout the race.*

Sudnay, 1 September Racing Update : WorldSBK, MotoGP

SBK

A productive Sunday for BMW Motorrad Team with one win among the four podium finishes recorded in two races.

worldsbk.com Chaz Davies wins as Tom Sykes is the new leader
Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet) got back on the top step of the podium after winning the second race of the day, that was red-flagged on the nineteenth lap after wildcard Matej Smrz (Yamaha Motor Deutschland)

BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team - WSBK - N?rburgring - Races
The BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team celebrated a successful home round at N?rburgring (GER), including a victory and four podium finishes in total. Factory rider Chaz Davies (GBR) won the second of today?s races*

i-MsMzpMt-L.jpg

suzuki-racing.com Huge Crash Halts Camier At Nurburgring Wsb
FIXI Crescent Suzuki's Leon Camier was challenging for a great finish in race one of today's eni FIM Superbike World Championship at Nurburgring until a massive crash brought his race and weekend to a premature end

hondaproracing.com Rea breaks femur in N?rburgring crash
Rea breaks femur in N?rburgring crash

bikesportnews.com Nurburgring WSBK: ?It?s was important to keep Guintoli behind me? ? Sykes
The rider has a one point advantage in the championship

bikesportnews.com Nurburgring WSBK: Baz fractures vertebra in warm-up crash
The Frenchman missed out on both races this afternoon

MotoGP

autosport.com Lorenzo nearly accepted defeat
Jorge Lorenzo admits he nearly ceded British Grand Prix victory to Marc Marquez, but had a sudden change of heart that prompted his final-corner pass

motogp.com Rossi: ?This was better than Brno?
Valentino Rossi will look for better race pace at Misano after finishing fourth for a third consecutive Grand Prix weekend at Silverstone

motogp.com Crutchlow ends bruising home weekend seventh
Cal Crutchlow finished seventh in Sunday?s Hertz British Grand Prix. Although that was less than the Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider had hoped for, the Englishman was pleased with the result under the circumstances.

ducati.com BRITISH GP: HAYDEN EIGHTH, CRASH FOR DOVIZIOSO AT SILVERSTONE

autosport.com Marquez dislocates shoulder in crash
Marc Marquez has suffered a dislocated shoulder after crashing in cool conditions during the MotoGP warm-up at Silverstone

bbc.co.uk 'Hometown hero deserves more luck'
Cal Crutchlow can overcome a disappointing British GP to claim more podium finishes this season, says BBC commentator Steve Parrish.

motomatters.com Marc Marquez Given Penalty Points For Warm Up Crash In Morning
Marc Marquez has been sanctioned with two penalty points for ignoring a yellow flag in the morning warm up

VIDEOS

MotoGP Silverstone 2013 -- best action

Moto2 Silverstone Circuit 2013 -- best action

Moto3 Silverstone Circuit 2013 -- best action

Other Racing

Cage and...

BMW Team RLL Finishes 3rd and 4th at Baltimore
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. ? Aug. 31, 2013 . . . BMW Team RLL finished third and fourth in today?s American Le Mans Series Grand Prix of Baltimore that will go into the record books as the shortest race in ALMS history

Bike Candy

i-xHM8N8Q-L.jpg

i-D5vqDRf-L.jpg

Thursday, 5 September

i-Rr7vfMG-S.jpg

SBK

bikesportnews.com Hayden testing Ducati World Superbike at Mugello today
The MotoGP*man is turning laps as we speak

worldsbk.com Nurburgring ? the post-race statistics
WorldSBK.com provides some facts and figures that emerged from the tenth round of the eni FIM Superbike Championship at the Nurburgring. In Race 1 Tom Sykes was back on the top step of the podium after the double in Imol

worldsbk.com Update on rider injuries after N?rburgring round

cycleworld.com WSBK: Loris Baz Well On The Way To Recovery
Kawasaki Racing Press Release: After a fast crash in morning warm-up at the recent German round of the Superbike Word Championship Loris Baz*

MotoGP

bikesportnews.com No surgery for Marquez after Silverstone MotoGP crash
He sustained some ligament damage in the fall

motogp.com Bad weather hampers start of Stoner test
As was the case a month ago, poor weather conditions at Motegi have made for a complicated beginning to Casey Stoner?s latest test with HRC

Formula One

2013 Italian Grand Prix - Event Information from FIA.com
Stewards Biographies
Prieview
Media Kit

formula1.com The Italian Grand Prix - did you know?
Did you know that, having hosted all but one Italian Grand Prix since 1950, Monza is the most visited circuit in Formula One history? Or that it staged the fastest race on record? Ahead of this weekend's Formula 1 Gran Premio*

reuters.com PREVIEW-Motor racing-Alonso the main man at Monza
Sept 4 (Reuters) - Fernando Alonso is the man who can make the red wave of Ferrari fans truly happy at Monza's 'Pista Magica', Italy's revered cathedral of speed that is also Formula One's fastest circuit, this weekend.

Other Racing

MC

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gkJbHRh4S04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage and...

VIDEO: AMERICA'S CUP FINAL - RACES 3&4

On the Street

dealernews.com IMS tour offers free posters, discount coupons
IT'S TIME FOR some shameless self-promotion ? which you actually may find interesting. The Progressive International Motorcycle Show tour will kick off in late October and crisscross the country (a couple of times) before*

canadamotorcycleguide.com New 500cc Harley?
Harley's COO confirms that new smaller Harley is on its way
-and-
asphaltandrubber.com Harley-Davidson Confirms 500cc Model ? Electrics Too?
Two years ago I lamented on the fact that Harley-Davidson didn?t have a model under 800cc, which among other things, left the company at odds with its efforts to push into the emerging Indian motorcycle market. Six-months*

cyrilhuzeblog.com First Annual Motorcycle Film Festival in New York September 26-28th.
The Motorcycle Film Festival is an idea whose time has come. We are in the midst of the biggest creative boom centered on motorcycles since the 1970s

motorcycle-use.com Sonny Barger's New Movie on Sale Sept. 28
Sonny Barger, founding member of the Oakland, CA, chapter of the Hells Angels MC, has a new movie going on sale Sept. 28 based on his novel 'Dead in 5 Heartbeats

rideapart.com 20/20 On The Country?s Most Dangerous Roads
TweetRight in time for car travel season, 20/20?s put together a segment on the nation?s most dangerous roads. You?ll recognize popular riding destination in most of the list, including SoCal?s The Snake and Tennessee?s*

motorcyclenews.com Which electronic rider aid would you most like on your bike?
It's hard to find a top-of-the-range bike these days without multiple electronic aids, from variable mapping to*traction control. But which ones of these do you most want to see on your bike?

VIDEO: Nolan N91 Helmet

The Commute

i-LQRwcfx-S.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW Group U.S. Reports August 2013 Sales
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? September 4, 2013? The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported August sales of 30,546 vehicles, an increase of 35.4 percent from the 22,553 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago...More

Rolls-Royce Wraith Premieres In Maharasthra
Wraith, the newest Rolls-Royce model, today received its Mumbai premiere, the second stop of its multi-city tour of India....More

BMW to Showcase 1979 Andy Warhol M1 Art Car at ARTcetera 2013 in Boston.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. ? September, 3, 2013 . . . BMW of North America is pleased to feature its M1 Art Car by Andy Warhol at Boston?s annual ARTcetera fundraising event to support the AIDS Action Committee....More

FWIW

ld50.png

TED Talks Kelly McGonigal: How to make stress your friend

technologyreview.com Is Samsung's Galaxy Gear the First Truly Smart Watch?
Samsung?s new smart watch may be the most polished effort yet?but that doesn?t mean it?ll be a hit.At events held simultaneously in Berlin and New York, Samsung announced three new products,

VIDEO: Felix The Cat - The Glittering Jewels - 1959

i-G6BBvSt-S.jpg

Reference Library

Bike Candy
LeContainer.com

i-f62rGbH-L.png

Saturday, 7 September

i-Rr7vfMG-S.jpg

SBK

superbikeplanet.com Melandri: Hell, No, I Won't Go to MotoGP
World Superbike standout Marco Melandri has no plans to return to*MotoGP*in 2014 despite the withdrawal of his current employer, BMW, as a factory team in the production-based series.

worldsbk.com FIM Press Release - Superbike Safety Commission
The FIM, F?d?ration Internationale de Motociclisme, has issued a press release regarding the Superbike Safety Commission

worldsbk.com Hayden on the pace in Mugello Panigale WSBK test
He was straight into the low 1'51s..

worldsbk.com World Superbike engine cap will bridge the power gap
Limiting engine numbers means less horses...

worldsbk.com FIM Commissions' History
Today, the FIM counts with 13 Commissions (6 sporting and 7 non sporting). This has not been always the case. At the time of the Creation of the International Competitions Committee (CSI) in 1924, the

MotoGP

bikesportnews.com Silverstone announce provisional 2014 MotoGP date
It will be during the last weekend of August

motomatters.com Bridgestone Press Release: Masao Azuma On Possible Reasons For Silverstone Warm Up Crashes
Bridgestone's customary post-race press release after the Silverstone round of MotoGP offers two items of note. First, pleasure from the Japanese tire company that the tire selection for the race was much more mixed than usual

crash.net Updated 2014 MotoGP rider contracts

motogp.com Stoner?s Motegi test cancelled due to rain
The worsening weather at Twin Ring Motegi has forced HRC to cancel Casey Stoner?s second and final day of testing at the venue

VIDEO: A Sideways Glance at Silverstone

Formula One

FIA.com 2013 Italian Grand Prix
Transcript of the Thursday press conference organised by the FIA
DRIVERS ? Max CHILTON (Marussia), Daniel RICCIARDO (Toro Rosso), Jenson BUTTON (McLaren), Felipe MASSA (Ferrari), Mark WEBBER (Red Bull Racing), Fernando ALONSO (Ferrari)

jamesallenonf1.com New look to F1 calendar for 2014
The 2014 F1 calendar could have quite a different look, if the provisional calendar circulating in the Monza paddock is to be believed.It was published this morning on Autosport.com and features 21 races, with events on three*

bbc.co.uk Formula 1: New Jersey race dropped from draft 2014 calendar

f1times.com Alonso will leave Ferrari only when he retires
Fernando Alonso has denied rumours that he is set to leave Ferrari for Red Bull or any other team, and insists he would like to end his career with the Italian outfit.*

FRIDAY

FIA.com 2013 Italian Grand Prix
Friday Press Conference Transcript
TEAM REPRESENTATIVES ? Graeme LOWDON (Marussia), Monisha
KALTENBORN (Sauber), Ross BRAWN (Mercedes), Martin WHITMARSH
(McLaren), Stefano DOMENICALI (Ferrari), Christian HORNER (Red Bull Racing)
First Session
Classifications
Lap Times

Second Session
Classifications
Lap Times

formula1.com Friday practice - selected team and driver quotes
With three hours of track time on Friday, the drivers had plenty of time to get used to the low-drag set-ups required for the high-speed Monza circuit

bbc.co.uk Dominant Vettel heads Monza practice
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel is in daunting form as he heads team-mate Mark Webber in second practice at the Italian GP

nbcsports.com MST: Stewards hand Ferrari fine over pit lane error
The race stewards for the Italian Grand Prix at Monza have handed Ferrari a ?10,000 fine after the team allowed a driver out on track after the session was over in a somewhat bizarre incident during the first free practice session*

f1technical.com Friday analysis: competition wary of strong Red Bull
While it's early days, the second practice always reveals some performance levels as drivers do race stint simulations to analyse the behaviour of the tyres in light of race strategy decisions.
formula1.com Friday analysis - Red Bull leave tifosi fearing the worst
Perfect weather conditions enabled all of the teams to conduct their usual Friday programmes and Monza and most found in FP2 that their best times came after two or three laps on Pirelli's medium tyres. The headline story was*

telegraph.co.uk Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo speech expected to offer clues over Fernando Alonso's position
Ferrari president's speech expected to offer clues over Fernando Alonso's position next season.

Other Racing

MC

San Diego BMW Motorcycle?s BMW S 1000 RR Captures Five Records At The International Motorcycle Speed Trials By BUB Event At Bonneville...MORE

motorcycle-usa.com Hall Wins 2013 NHRA U.S. Nationals
John Hall took the win at the 59th annual Chevrolet Performance NHRA U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana

aspahltandrubber.com Brough Superior Debuts Familiar Moto2 Race Bike
When you hear the name ?Brough Superior? mentioned, the image that condures in your mind surely is not one of a Moto2 race bike, but that might change. Debuting at the Petersen Museum its intentions to race in the Moto2*

cyrilhuzeblog.com New Harley-Davidson Gauge For Sportster Models Combines Speedometer And Tach
Unveiled at the Summer Dealer Meeting on August 18th, the new Harley-Davidson Combination Digital Speedometer/Analog Tachometer (P/N 70900100B , $314.95) from Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories*

Cage and...

nbcsports.com MST: DeltaWing coupe gets its first running
The DeltaWing coupe turned its first laps Tuesday and Wednesday in a two-day shakedown at Roebling Road Raceway in Savannah, Ga.

VIDEO: History of Street-Legal Drag Racing, 1949 to 2013 - HOT ROD Unlimited Episode 41

VIDEO: Replay: AMERICA'S CUP SKIPPERS PRESS CONFERENCE

On the Street

visordown.com BMW Concept 90 at Ace Cafe
BMW?S ?Concept 90? will be on show at the Ace Cafe Reunion weekend from September 13-15.The Roland Sands creation is understood to form the basis of a production machine to be launched this autumn

cycleworld.com Wunderlich BMW R1200GS ERGO Windscreen
Wunderlich America Press Release: Wunderlich windscreens offer excellent protection, are quiet and optically correct setting a high standard for virtually all late model BMW Motorcycles. This is no different for the latest Wunderlich*

motorcycledailycom MCN Posts First Video Review of Yamaha FZ-09 Triple
We get our first chance to ride the 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 850 Triple in about two weeks along with most of the U.S. press corps in San Francisco. The British publication MCN has already ridden the bike and posted a surprisingly*

cycleworld.com CW Evaluation: Schuberth SR1 Helmet Formula 1 technology for moto heads.
Squeezing into the cockpit of a Formula 1 car is worth the effort?just ask seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher. The same can be said of the Schuberth SR1, a full-face, sportbike-oriented helmet based on the*

webbikeworld.com Motorcycle Clothing Safety Standards
Now includes links to the CE standards, the documents that describe the standards for testing motorcycle clothing.

motorcycle-usa.com Honda Announces 2014 Cruiser Lineup
Honda has announced its Cruiser lineup for 2014.

VIDEO: 2014 BMW F800GS Adventure Off-Road Test! - On Two Wheels Episode 41

http://articles.economictimes.india...765895_1_bmw-motorrad-bmw-ag-bmw-group-india BMW may export bikes developed with TVS Motor

EW DELHI: BMW AG's motorcycle division may export motorbikes it is developing with TVS Motor Co Ltd, the German company's country head said on Wednesday

i-FLXQq9v-S.jpg

rideapart.com New: 2014 Kawasaki Versys ABS ? Photos and Specs
TweetThe affordable, awesome and practical 2014 Kawasaki Versys is gaining standard ABS brakes, further enhancing its commuting and touring appeal. The 2014 Kawasaki Versys is otherwise unchanged for 2014

sportrider.com Kawasaki reveals upgraded Ninja 1000 ABS for 2014
Kawasaki reveals upgraded Ninja 1000 ABS for 2014More power, traction control, better brakes, taller sixth gear, new rear subframe for optional hard bags head the list of improvements

motorcyclelist.com 2014 Yamaha FJR1300ES | FIRST LOOK
2014 Yamaha FJR1300ES | FIRST LOOKElectronic suspension comes to the FJR.Less than a year after launching the heavily revised 2013 FJR1300, Yamaha has announced a major update for the 2014 bike

rideapart.com New 2014 Yamaha Sportbikes Unveiled: R6, R1, FZ6R & FZ-09
TweetFor 2014, the Yamaha R1, Yamaha R6 and Yamaha FZ6R are unchanged with the exception of some great new color schemes. Corporate blue, flashy red and subdued grey across all three bikes

RECALLs

NHTSA and Kawasaki
Dated: AUG 16, 2013 Kawasaki is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Concours 14 police motorcycles. The additional police accessories may cause the 30-amp main fuse to blow. Also, the additional police wiring

NHTSA and CAN-AM ( 13V386000 )
Dated: AUG 27, 2013 Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) is recalling certain model year 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT series and ST series motorcycles. The tandem brake master cylinder manifold inlet may melt*

The Commute

i-G3F75J4-S.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

C evolution (prototype)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Kqbq77d2A_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QnArHQU9Yfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Motorrad sales for the month of August reach a record high. Series-ready BMW Motorrad electric-scooter makes its international debut at the IAA Motorshow in Frankfurt.
BMW Motorrad once again achieved excellent sales figures in August 2013, delivering 7,708 units. Compared with the record month of August 2012 (prev. yr.: 7,400 units) a further 4.2 % increase was achieved in the number of...More

BMW Motorrad sales for the month of August reach a record high. Series-ready BMW Motorrad electric-scooter makes its international debut at the IAA Motorshow in Frankfurt.
BMW Motorrad once again achieved excellent sales figures in August 2013, delivering 7,708 units. Compared with the record month of August 2012 (prev. yr.: 7,400 units) a further 4.2 % increase was achieved...More

BMW of North America Announces Management Team Change
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? September 5, 2013? Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America is pleased to announce that Trudy Hardy will become the new Vice President, Marketing effective September 15,...More

Rolls-Royce Wraith Begins India Tour
Rolls-Royce Wraith today began its multi-city tour of India, premiering in the country?s capital, New Delhi....More

BMW is official automotive partner of the Dragon World Championship in Weymouth. BMW Yachtsport ambassador Markus Wieser aims to exact revenge in the Olympic waters of 2012.
The concluding highlight of a high-octane season for the international Dragon crews comes in the form of the bi-annual World Championship of this blue riband event, held from 5 to 13 September off England?s south coast....More

Cage World

thestate.com BMW expanding, relocating its export operations to Greer

courthousenews.com Fuel Still Left for Suit Alleging That BMWs Roll
In a subsequent federal class action against*BMW*of North America and its Munich-based parent, Bayerische Motorenweke*AG, McQueen claimed that the 2002-08 7-Series "flagship line" of cars is defective. After receiving complaints that the vehicles fail*...

jalopnik.com The original Lotus Esprit: A wedge perfected
Everyone keeps remarking about how Porsche 911s have looked the same for the past 50 years, but no one ever remarks how the Lotus Esprit has been guilty of a similar fate (sans the new one).

jalopmik.com Jolly Good Car Porn At Ye Olde Salon Priv?
Dust off that monocle and get your favorite Grey Poupon joke ready, it's time for the 2013 Salon Priv? auto show! The Salon is three-day automobile event with the kind of aristocratic flair only the Brits could pull off without iron

jalopnik.com A Giant Lamborghini Made Of Paper Is Art We Can Get Behind
Is your immense surplus of paper surpassed only by your amount of free time? If so, you too may be able to create an adult-PowerWheels-scale Lamborghini Aventador in police livery like this guy from Visual Splicer.

autonews.com Top-of-the-line Golf pushes 300 hp
Volkswagen has taken the Golf R hatchback in a more aggressive styling direction, according to photos and details released before its debut at the Frankfurt auto show.

autonews.com Porsche braces for flat profit as spending to boost capacity grows
Porsche is bracing for flat underlying earnings this year as the sports-car maker steps up spending to expand production capacity at German factories in Stuttgart and Leipzig.

autobloggreen.com Report: BMW DriveNow ready to expand to US cities with more freedom than San Francisco
Filed under: EV/Plug-in, Transportation Alternatives, BMW, Legislation and Policy While San Francisco was the best place for BMW to enter the US carsharing game with its DriveNow division, it's been a very tough market.

FWIW

i-fk5qGHc-S.jpg

gizmag.com Electric scooter-sharing scheme launched in Barcelona
While bicycle sharing schemes are now commonplace in the world's major urban centers, the city of Barcelona is giving the idea a jolt by adding electrification to the equation.

express.co.uk Formula 1 driver Niki Lauda and the truth behind Rush
NIKI LAUDA fears nothing, and the three-times world champion has the angry scars to prove it.*

gizmag.com Samsung reveals a new high-resolution Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet
Unveiled alongside the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear, the 2014 edition of the Galaxy Note 10.1 has hardware that's as solid as any you'll find in a full-sized tablet...

gizmodo.com Watch a Virgin Galactic Test Flight from Onboard the Engine
This is what a Virgin Galactic supersonic flight with the SpaceShipTwo looks like, up close and personal. It's not quite space,

gizmag.com ClicLite brings solar charging to your keyring
There are already a number of solar-powered phone charger/LED light combos out there, but the ClicLite is a little different from the rest ? ?little? being the key word. At just 4 x 4 cm (1.6 x 1.6 in),

Video: Rocky and Bulwinkle
Jet Fuel Formula - Parts 29 And 30

Jet Fuel Formula - Parts 31 And 32

Boston Blackie 1941 Confessions of Boston Blackie

Reference Library

Bike Candy

ReturnoftheCafeRacers.com R80 Big Tank...

i-ftvdqZ9.jpg

i-QcQjpTW-L.jpg

...more pictures after the jump

Saturday, 7 September Racing Update : Formula 1 Monza

Formula One

formula1.com Qualifying - Vettel leads commanding Red Bull 1-2 in Italy
Sebastian Vettel cruised to his fourth pole position of the season with a dominant performance in qualifying in Italy on Saturday afternoon.

formula1.com Qualifying - selected team and driver quotes
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel reports back on setting the quickest time of the weekend in Monza; team mate Mark Webber on how he is hopeful of a good result on Sunday

pirelli.com 2013 Italian Grand Prix ? Qualifying

formula1.ccom Qualifying analysis - surprises abound, but Red Bull still on top
Conditions at Monza were perfect as the drivers took to the track on Saturday afternoon to qualify for Sunday's Formula 1 Gran Premio d'Italia 2013. But whilst it was not a great shock to see the Red Bulls locking out the front row,*

f1technical.net Sauber and Hulkenberg surprised with 3rd
In qualifying for the Italian GP in Monza Sauber F1 Team Driver Nico H?lkenberg was able to put a sensational session together, qualifying third. He improved throughout the sessions and in the end put a perfect la

independent.co.uk Italian GP qualifying: Ferrari admit defeat as Fernando Alonso loses his temper
As Lewis Hamilton qualified only 12th for today's Italian Grand Prix after admitting that he drove "like an idiot", and the Red Bulls of Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber crushed their opposition

reuters.com UPDATE 1-Motor racing-Hamilton says he drove like an idiot
MONZA, Italy, Sept 7 (Reuters) - Lewis Hamilton said he had driven like an idiot after his bid for a fifth successive pole position fizzled out with his worst qualifying performance in years at the Italian Grand Prix on Saturday.*

f1times.com Stewards demote Sutil for impeding Hamilton
Adrian Sutil will start the Italian Grand Prix from 17th after being awarded a three-place grid penalty for impeding Lewis Hamilton during Q2. The Force India driver slowed on the final corne

f1times.co.uk Pirelli and FIA to sign new contract this week
Pirelli will continue as the official tyre supplier for the 2014 season and beyond after news emerged that FIA president Jean Todt will meet with Bernie Ecclestone, Pirelli's motorsport director Paul Hembery and the company's*

reuters.com Motor racing-Ferrari ready to make driver decision
MONZA, Italy, Sept 7 (Reuters) - Ferrari are ready to decide who will partner Fernando Alonso at their Formula One team next season, president Luca di Montezemolo said on Saturday

formula1.com Exclusive interview with Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen
Having gone into F1 racing's summer break second in the points, Kimi Raikkonen has since slipped back to fourth following his first retirement of the season in Belgium

Other Racing

MC

fim-live.com 30th FIM Trial des Nations is go
FIM President Vito Ippolito officially opened the thirtieth edition of the FIM Trial des Nations in La Chatre, France last night. In front of a packed audience Mr Ippolito thanked the town, the French federation, the local motor club...

F1 Candy

i-QLKsRhQ-L.jpg

Monday, 9 September

i-Rr7vfMG-S.jpg

SBK

MotoGP

Formula One

fia.com Vettel takes comfortable win in Italy

2013 Italian Grand Prix

DRIVERS
3 ? Mark WEBBER (Red Bull Racing)

Official Classifications
Fast Lapps
Lap Analysis
Lap Chart
Race History Chart
Maximum Speeds
Best Sector
Speed Trap
Pit Stop Summary

Drriver Standings
Constructor Standings

formula1.com Di Resta handed reprimand for first-lap shunt

formula1.com Race ? Selected team and driver quotes

formula1.com Interview ? Sebastian Vettel Q&A: It took a lot of work to win

pirelli.com 2013 Italian Grand Prix ? Race

i-Pwz755v-L.jpg

thef1times.com Ferrari to confirm Raikkonen on Wednesday?
Despite denial, Ferrari have already decided their 2014 drive line-up according to various paddock sources and they're likely to announce the decision on*

nbcsports.com MST: One-on-one with Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo
Earlier today, Formula One staged its finale for the European leg of the 2013 World Championship at Monza ? the spiritual home of Scuderia Ferrari. As Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso?s selfie following his second-place finish in*

Other Racing

MC

fim-live.com Magnificent Sanz crowned champion

VIDEO: BMW Motorrad GS Challenge Belgium

i-rkgjZFb-L.jpg

Cage and...

VIDEO: Replay: AMERICA'S CUP FINAL - RACES 1&2

VIDEO: Replay: AMERICA'S CUP FINAL - RACES 3&4

On the Street

dealernews.com Hollister begins negotiating multi-year deal for annual rally
HOLLISTER, Calif. - City Council members here have approved a resolution supporting an annual motorcycle rally for the next decade. The resolution, though largely

delaernews.com Celebration of Motorcycle returns to Del Mar in September
DEL MAR, Calif. - The Celebration of the Motorcycle is set to return to the Del Mar Fairgrounds Sept. 13 to 15, bringing with it the MidAmerica Auction

cyrilhuzeblog.com Erik Buell Filed Patent For Motorcycle With Hybrid Power System
Think whatever you want about hybrid and e-bikes, but they are coming in larger numbers. Even Erik Buell is working on them and with 6 others, filed for a patent regarding a motorcycle with hybrid power system.*

RECALLs

NHTSA and CAN-AM ( 13V386000 )
Dated: AUG 27, 2013 Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) is recalling certain model year 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT series and ST series motorcycles. The tandem brake master cylinder manifold inlet may melt allowing the bra...

The Commute

i-wKtJrK3-M.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW Group Canada reported sales of 2,712 units for the month of August, a decline of 14.7 per cent as compared to August 2012. The Group has sold a total of 23,969 units? year-to-date, representing a decrease of 3.2 per cent over the same period in 2012...More

Cage World

thechicane.com Birdcage on the Track
Here it is, the best reason you?ll see today for having quality speakers attached to your computer. This? This is why you don?t put a soundtrack over racing car footage. Just listen to that Maserati hum. You can read this post in*

jalopnik.com The BRM V16 Mk 2 Is Nothing But Pure Aural Pleasure
Some cars are legends in their own right because of their accomplishments on the track, or because they looked good, or because they featured new technology

i-DvThxsq-L.jpg

VIDEO: Celebrating 50 years of Porsche 911 at the Slovakia Ring

FWIW

i-jf3FhCq.jpg

i-jsqDd3x-S.jpg

VIDEO: The King And Odie - A Long Trail-A-Binding - 196

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-vjvgsJG-L.jpg

Wednesday, 11 September

i-Rr7vfMG-S.jpg

SBK

fim-live.com Turkey-bound for World Superbike Round 11
The eni FIM Superbike World Championship will be racing this weekend, for the first time ever, at the Intercity Istanbul Park. Located in the Asian side of the largest city in Turkey, t

pirelli.com Pirelli debuts in Turkey for the eleventh round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship with development solutions in soft and medium compounds
For the debut of the production based championship in the land of Atat?rk, the Italian tyre company provides Superbike and Supersport riders with tyres designed to deal with the aggressive asphalt of the Intercity Istanbul Park

fim.live.com The BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team is entering uncharted territory
The BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team is entering uncharted territory: this weekend (13th to 15th September), the FIM Superbike World Championship makes its debut in Turkey.

bikesportnews.com Season-end operations planned for Haslam
He will start 2014 full fit and ready to go

]autoevolution.com Toni Elias leaves Moto2 enters World Superbike

VIDEO: 2014 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R WSBK & Tom Sykes 'Forever Fearless' promotional video

MotoGP

motogp.com Anticipation builds as battle continues at Misano
As the MotoGP? grid heads to the GP Aperol di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini in Misano this weekend, there is once again only one thing on riders? minds ? how to close the gap to championship leader Marc Marque

autosport.com Marquez expects to be fully fit in Italy
Marc Marquez is sure he will suffer no ill effects from his Silverstone shoulder injury in this weekend's Misano MotoGP race

motomatters.com Rumors From Mugello: Hayden On Record Pace Testing WSBK Panigale, World Supers Beckon?
Though Ducati have told Nicky Hayden that there is no room for him in their factory MotoGP team, it is no secret that they would like to keep him within the Ducati family. The American retains a huge following in his native country*

Formula One

bbc.co.uk Coulthard: The problems facing Vettel's rivals
BBC F1 commentator David Coulthard on Fernando Alonso's "rocky patch" and the question mark over Lewis Hamilton

bbc.co.uk Di Resta 'gutted' after Monza crash
Paul Di Resta plays down the first-lap crash that ended a miserable Italian Grand Prix for the Force India drive

jamesallenonf1.com Felipe Massa shows character on a difficult weekend
Felipe Massa has not had many highs in his career since the day in 2008 when he thought he had won the world title by winning the Brazilian Grand Prix, only to find that Lewis Hamilton had managed to grab the fifth place

Silly Season

The setup
express.co.uk Fernando Alonso on the move
FERNANDO ALONSO could return to Renault-powered cars which carried him to two world titles
And the pitch
bbc.co.uk Raikkonen joins Alonso at Ferrari
Kimi Raikkonen will join Fernando Alonso at Ferrari in 2014 as Felipe Massa announces his departure.
While
rueters.com Motor racing-Massa says farewell to Ferrari
LONDON, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Brazilian Felipe Massa announced on Tuesday his departure from the Ferrari Formula One team at the end of the seaso

motogp.com Pedrosa visits F1 race at Monza
Ahead of his trip to Misano for the next round of the MotoGP? World Championship, Repsol Honda Team?s Dani Pedrosa stopped off at the F1 Italian Grand Prix

Other Racing

MC

gizmagazine.com Castrol Rocket prepares for motorcycle land speed record bid
All of the two-wheeled machines that have held the motorcycle land speed record over the past few decades have one thing in common ? they don't look like motorcycles. The latest speedster to step up to the plate is no exception.*

cycleworld.com AMASBK: Larry Pegram Featured in Superbike Reality Show
AMA Pro Racing Press Release: The Superbike Family is back in action for a third season to document the 2013 AMA Pro National Guard Superbike series

VIDEO: [BSB]2013 Round9 Donington Race1

Cage and...

jamesallenonf1.com Formula E unveils its new chassis for 2014 series
After much expectation, the Formula E car that will contest the new zero emissions racing series starting next September was launched today at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

On the Street

thekneeslider.com Homemade 694cc Honda V8 Motorcycle for Sale
Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - A few years ago we put up a short post about a fellow who made his own*

visordown.com Why?s Honda so shy about its cruisers?
HONDA has just revealed its 2014 line-up of customs and cruisers for the American market ? which got us wondering why the world?s number one bike firm struggles so much to get such bikes accepted over here...[UK]

cycleworld.com Carb Your Enthusiam Pipemakers battle California.
Modifying your street motorcycle?s intake and exhaust systems has been illegal in most of the U.S. for many years, but that hasn?t stopped many of us from doing it anyway. With Senate Bill SB 435 taking effect regarding*

cycleworld.com Clean your helmet after every ride Tip #53 from the pages of The Total Motorcycling Manual
It?s a hot summer afternoon, and you?re sweating like a sinner on judgment day. When you get home you can jump in the shower and grab a cold drink, but what about your helmet?

motorcyclenews.com Staff Blog: Night Riding Fun
Is it just me or do your skills sharpen as you ride in the dark and your speed increase? Riding the 50 miles from Silverstone to home the other night I really enjoyed the dark journe

rideapart.com Ten things they never told you about becoming a biker

sportrider.com 2014 Yamaha Sportbikes
2014 Yamaha SportbikesThe all-new FZ-09, an updated FJR1300 with electronically adjustable suspension, and the rest of the Yamaha lineup.New and Updated Models Photo Gallery: 2014 Yamaha Sportbikes - Sport Ride

sportrider.com 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale revealed

VIDEO: Ducati 899 Panigale

visordown.com One tank of fuel, 520 miles
THERE'S a point*where the pain of saving fuel outweighs the gain.And a Huddersfield man has*galloped past it, by spending 18 hours riding a Chinese 125 at 30mph.Jason Lodge, 52, did the 520-mile journey

The MotherShip PressClub

The new BMW C evolution.
The arrival of the new C evolution marks the start of a new chapter in the urban mobility segment for BMW Motorrad. The two conventionally powered maxi scooter models ? the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT
...More

Munich. A number of facelift measures will be integrated in the BMW Motorrad program for the model year 2014. The models can be ordered in the new configuration from all BMW Motorrad dealerships as of August 2013....More

Munich/Brussels. Stephan Schaller, President of BMW Motorrad, was appointed the new president of the ACEM (Association des Constructeurs Europ?ens de Motocycles), the European Motorcycle Industry Association on March 21st 2013. Based in Brussels, ACEM is the organisation representing the manufacturers of motorcycles, scooters, trikes and quads on a European level...More

Speeches BMW Group press conference, 65th International Motor Show, Dr.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. E.h. Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Peter Schwarzenbauer, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, MINI, BMW Motorrad, Rolls-Royce, Aftersales BMW Group, Dr. Ian Robertson (HonDSc), Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Marketing BMW, Sales Channels BMW Group, Dr.-Ing. Herbert Diess, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development ...More

The BMW i8.
BMW i stands for the creation of pure-bred vehicle concepts, sustainability throughout the value chain, complementary mobility services and a fresh understanding of premium defined squarely in terms of sustainability...More

Climber Stefan Glowacz and the BMW Concept Active Tourer
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QQ9UeuIDcPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW i8. Aerodynamics.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5PMm-bxTYR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i-xdHWPhW-L.jpg

i-JDMbVVM-L.jpg

i-SLf4J76-L.jpg

i-RTh3NLP-L.jpg

i-RHLw4tt-L.jpg

i-fsf48gN-L.jpg

i-zrbnx55-L.jpg

i-p2MShdx-L.jpg

i-mfTVVBF-L.jpg

i-9nN6R2g-L.jpg

i-pdX9PwV-L.jpg

Cage World

latimes.com Cal made you a deal, and selling cars was never the same

VIDEO: Ferrari Racing Days - Hockenheim 2013: the weekend's report

VIDEO: Nissan to Showcase the ZEOD RC | AutoMotoTV

VIDEO: Pebble Beach 2013: Concours D'Elegance - Jay Leno's Garage

FWIW

TED TALKS: George Monbiot: For more wonder, rewild the world - George Monbiot
Wolves were once native to the US' Yellowstone National Park -- until hunting wiped them out. But when, in 1995, the wolves began to come*

latimes.com The entire world is slightly happier than it used to be

Reference Library

Bike Candy

BMW's demure new scooter you will see in the motorcycle press everywhere...

i-v2vrJBn-M.jpg

...and the full nude portfolio :blush

i-J2FgMTZ-XL.jpg

i-VtkzDJd-XL.jpg

i-NhgwNBW-XL.jpg

i-H9fvzbf-XL.jpg

i-6Z8Hgkd-XL.jpg

Saturday, 14 September

i-Rr7vfMG-S.jpg

SBK

bikesportnews.com WSBK title 'top three' is goal for Davies
Gap to the Sykes is now too big, he reckons

worldsbk.com High expectations for factory Aprilia riders in Turkey
The Aprilia Racing Team riders are looking forward to the eleventh round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship, that will take place this weekend at the Intercity Istanbul Park. Both Sylvain Guintoli and Eugene Laverty...

worldsbk.com WSBK riders speak ahead of Turkish Round
The eni FIM Superbike World Championship had its first ever pre-event today at the Intercity Istanbul Park, as a selection of Superbike and Supersport riders

suzuki-racing.com Camier Ready For Debut Race At Istanbul Wsb
FIXI Crescent Suzuki will be looking for success as the eni FIM Superbike World Championship heads to Istanbul in Turkey for the first time in its history this weekend for the 11th round of the 2013 season.

bikesportnews.comIstanbul WSBK: Grip conditions critical for Laverty
The Irishman took a more ?cautious? approach this morning

i-CpNgZHC-L.jpg

Friday

BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team - WSBK - Istanbul - Qualifying Practice 1
The first ever Turkish round of the FIM Superbike World Championship started well for the BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team. Factory rider*

i-B922KJn-L.jpg

bikkesportnews.com Istanbul WSBK: All Friday?s practice times
All the times from the Turkish circuit

motomatters.com 2013 Istanbul World Superbike FP1 Results: Guintoli Ahead Of Melandri And Sykes
Sylvain Guintoli, recording a 1'56.851 after ninety minutes of extended practice, was two-thirds of a second clear of Marco Melandri and Tom Sykes. Sykes, was for a long time, the only man in the top eight with no prior*

bikesportnews.com 'I can fight for podiums again' - Haslam
The Derbyshireman is full of confidence heading to Istanbul

worldsbk.com Guintoli leads the way in Q1

suzuki-racing.comCamier Out But Cluzel On The Pace In Istanbul
FIXI Crescent Suzuki had a very eventful first day at the eni FIM Superbike World Championship in Turkey which saw Leon Camier in hospital awaiting an operation on a broken foot and Jules Cluzel end the day in a respectable*

bikesportnews.com Istanbul WSBK: Checa rIstanbul WSBK: Checa ruled out of race weekend with scaphoid injury
The former champ had a massive crash in free practice ruled out of race weekend with scaphoid injury

bikesportnews.com Istanbul WSBK: Neck injury forces out Baz
Some damage to his D4 vertebrae has been detected

worldsbk.com FIM Press Release ? Decision on Guintoli/Aprilia appeal
The FIM, F?d?ration Internationale de Motociclisme, has issued a press release regarding the CDI Appeal Guintoli/Aprilia following the Italian Round at Monza (12 May 2013). Click here to view the PDF

MotoGP

motogp.com Marquez leads Pedrosa in first Misano practice
MotoGP? championship leader Marc Marquez set the pace in Friday morning?s opening practice session for the GP Aperol di San Marino e Riviera di Rimini. The 20-year-old led Repsol Honda Team colleague Dani Pedrosa

fim-live.com Yamaha goes "seamless" to take the fight to Honda at Misano
The Gran Premio Aperol di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli got underway today with a packed pre-race press conference featuring Repsol Honda Team's championship leader

bikesportnews.com MotoGP Misano: Hayden confirms Aprilia interest
He visited the Noale factory and was impressed

bikesportnews.com Forward NGM confirm Yamaha MotoGP lease deal
They will get 2013-spec engines, plus frame and swingarm

motogp.com Agostini: The first Italian motorcycling legend
He was the man who got the world talking about two wheels in the 1960s and 70s. At Misano, he will be presenting a book which celebrates his life and career in photos

motogp.com Dovizioso and Hayden more optimistic on Friday
Ducati Team riders Andrea Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden reported a more upbeat Friday at Misano and believe they can hope for greater amounts of positivity this*

motomatters.com 2013 Misano MotoGP Friday Post-Practice Press Releases
Press releases from the MotoGP teams after the first day of practice at Misano: Round Number:* 13 Year:* 2013 read more

autosportnews.com Rossi: seamless gearbox 'fantastic'
Valentino Rossi says the seamless gearbox Yamaha introduced for this weekend's MotoGP race at Misano is a 'fantastic' development.

VIDEO: Misano 2013 - Yamaha Preview

VIDEO: Misano 2013 - Honda Preview

VIDEO: Misano 2013 - Ducati Preview

Formula One

bbc.co.uk Rush brings Formula 1 to the big screen
Director Ron Howard and writer Peter Morgan talk about bringing the intense rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda to cinemas

nbcsports.com MST: Schumacher predicts ?explosive? Alonso-Raikkonen partnership
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher has spoken out about Kimi Raikkonen?s move to Ferrari for the first time, believing that the Finn?s pending partnership with Fernando Alonso has the potential to be ?explosive.?*

VIDEO: Tech Bites: Fire-up of an F1 engine - Sauber F1 Team

Other Racing

MC

reuters.com Motorcycling-Stoner set to call time on supercar stint
Sept 13 (Reuters) - Former double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner's transition from racing bikes to cars will be a short-lived one after the Australian made it clear he will take a break from competition

cyrilhuzeblog.com Triumph Rocket III Motor Trike Sets A World Land Speed Record At Bonneville BUB Speed Trials
A Triumph Rocket III Touring bike fitted with a Motor Trike conversion body and equipped with a Carpenter Racing motor kit, posted a 136 mph top speed and FIM World Record (pending ratification by FIM) ?The Carpenter Racing...

ridermagazine.co.uk World?s Greatest Motorcycle Rides ? South Africa
Motorcycle enthusiast Henry Cole hits the road and takes on a three thousand mile South African odyssey, from Johannesburg to Cape Town, in his latest adventure on two wheels.

motorcyclenews.com Bimota announces takeover
Bimota has announced, somewhat mysteriously, that it's been taken over ? yet again. The Italian exotica specialist, reknown for bikes like thiscurrent DB11, made the following statement which, in broken English, suggests th

Cage and...

bbc.co.uk Electric cars: The future of motorsport?
A top speed of 140mph and a spare car for when the batteries run out - is Formula E the future of motorsport?
VIDEO: Replay: AMERICA'S CUP FINAL - RACES 6&7

On the Street

VIDEO: Clymer Manuals BMW R50 R60 R69 Motorcycle Service Shop Restoration Manual Video

VIDEO: Royal Enfield - The Continental GT Story

VIDEO: 2014 new Royal Enfield Continental GT 535i studio + details & ambiance photo compilation

RECALLs

NHTSA and NDIAN ( 13V391000 )
Dated: AUG 30, 2013 Indian Motorcycle Company (Indian) is recalling certain model year 2009 Deluxe and Standard, 2009-2011 Roadmaster, 2009-2013 Vintage, 2010 Bomber, 2010-2013 Classic and Dark Horse, 2011 Blackhaw

NHTSA and Kawasaki: Campaign Number:13V387000
Dated: AUG 27, 2013 Kawasaki is recalling certain model year 2009-2013 Concours 14 police motorcycles. The improper installation of additional police accessories may cause multiple safety issues such as fuel leaks, redu...

motorcycle-usa.com Polaris to Provide ATVs to German Army
Polaris has announced that the company was awarded a contract to provide MV850 ultra-light tactical vehicles to the German Army.

dealernews.com 'Sons of Anarchy' stars booked for 2014 J&P Open House Rally
ANAMOSA, Iowa - J&P Cycles is enlisting two stars of the Sons of Anarchy television show to help host the retailer's 35th anniversary and Open House Rally, scheduled for June 27-29, 2014.

The Commute

i-mPwPx4N-M.jpg

Stripping the parking lot at work this weekend

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW partners Les Voiles de Saint-Tropez ? the yachting jewel of the Mediterranean. ?Round the world in 45 days? world record holder Lo?ck Peyron represents BMW as ambassador at the top-class meeting of high-tech and classic aesthetics.
The name alone ? ?Les Voiles de Saint-Tropez? (The Sails of Saint Tropez) ? reveals the breath-taking spectacle that awaits visitors to Saint-Tropez on the C?te d?Azur each September. More than 300 classic and modern yachts...More

i-FW56sDD-L.jpg

BMW Group Classic in celebratory mood at the Goodwood Revival 2013. BMW Group Classic spotlights two landmark occasions at the legendary classic car and motorcycle event in England: ?90 years of BMW Motorrad? and ?50 years of the Mini Cooper S?.
Munich. In September each year, the Earl of March opens the gates to his estate outside Chichester in West Sussex, southern England for the Goodwood Revival Meeting, bringing back to life an era when motor sport was...More

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KWH6v29h6_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cv60LvHdCgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

thechicane.com Goodwood to Live Stream the Revival
Welp, my weekend just filled up. For the first time, Goodwood will be live streaming the revival all weekend long. Now you?ll be well-placed to take in all the events at a level of*

FWIW

i-F59Z2tt-S.jpg

TED Talks Apollo Robbins: The art of misdirection

gizmagazine.com It's official: Voyager 1 has left the Solar System
After a journey of 36 years, NASA has announced that the Voyager 1 space probe officially left the Solar System on August 25, 2012. Based on new analysis of data sent by by the unmanned spacecraft, the space agency has*

VIDEO: Looney Tunes : To Duck or not To Duck (1943)

VIDEO: Donald Duck: Three for Breakfast HQ

VIDEO: Sherlock Holmes: The Sleeping Cardinal (The Fatal Hour) (1931) - Full Movie

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-tKZ5Xzg.jpg

i-CLC9RWD.jpg

i-3zs3q2x.jpg

i-hDHCshM.jpg

i-6cR6gLc.jpg

i-PBk27gk.jpg

Full Superpole Results Istanbul

Istanbul Park - FIM Superbike World Championship - Superpole 3

1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'54.872
2. Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'54.894
3. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'55.073
4. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'55.340
5. Toni Elias (Red Devils Roma) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'55.546
6. Jules Cluzel (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'55.614
7. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 1'56.402
8. Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 1'56.416
9. Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 1'56.463
10. Mark Aitchison (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'57.001
11. Federico Sandi (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'57.329
12. Michel Fabrizio (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 1'57.371
13. Tolga Uprak (CMS-Eypbike Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 2'02.469
14. Yunus Ercelik (Sampiyon 169 Team) BMW S1000 RR 2'04.070
15. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW S1000 RR 2'39.610

Sunday, 15 Racing Update : WSBK and MotoGP

SBK

BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team - WSBK - Istanbul - Races
The BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK Team stepped onto the podium at the Turkish debut of the FIM Superbike World Championship. Factory rider Marco Melandri (ITA) finished second on his BMW S 1000 RR in today?s first race at*

fim-live.com Laverty and Sofuoglu win in Istanbul
The eleventh round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship reached its highest point today, as teams and riders geared up for what was an outstanding day of racing. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) made a clean sweep of the competition by winning both WSBK races and narrow the gap from Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) ? third*

suzuki-racing.com Cluzel Charges Hard At Istanbul Wsb
FIXI Crescent Suzuki's Jules Cluzel took a pair of very creditable seventh place finishes in today's inaugural Turkish round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship at the Intercity Istanbul Park circu

suzuki-racing.com Camier Out Of Hospital After Operation
FIXI Crescent Suzuki's Leon Camier has returned to the Intercity Istanbul Park circuit following a successful operation on Friday evening to repair the broken bones he sustained in the first day of practice for the Turkish round

motomatters.com 2013 Istanbul World Superbike Sunday Roundup: Nobody's Business But The Turks'
It seems that what you need to do to fill a stadium is to have a local hero that is universally loved by his*

independent.co.uk World superbikes: Laverty wins ? then dumped

MotoGP

reuters.com Motorcycling-Motorcycling Grand Prix motogp standings
Sept 15 (Infostrada Sports) - Standings from the Motorcycling Grand Prix MotoGP on Sunday 1.*

fim-live.com Lorenzo keen to "stay focused"
*Yamaha Factory Racing's Jorge Lorenzo delivered a masterful performance today to win the San Marino Grand Prix in stunning form. The victory, his sixth successive Italian Grand Prix win, was delivered after a 28 lap race of inch perfect riding from the reigning world champion. Starting from second on the grid, Lorenzo out dragged championship rival*

motogp.com Marquez happy to pick up 20 crucial points
Repsol Honda rider Marc Marquez had a typical smile on his face on Sunday afternoon as he reflected on a good job done at the GP Aperol di San Marino e Riviera di Rimini.

motogp.com Pedrosa: ?I couldn?t do any better today?
Dani Pedrosa?s third place finish at Misano may have been a significant improvement on 2012, when he was involved in a first-lap crash, but the Spaniard insists he could not manage any more than the third position

http://www.ducati.com/racing/motogp...and_ninth_at_misano/2013/09/15/1371/index.do DOVIZIOSO, HAYDEN EIGHTH AND NINTH AT MISANO

motogp.com Crutchlow 'happy to come away with this result'
At the end of a weekend which saw him struggle for race pace in practice, sample Q1 for the first time and then pull something out of the bag in Q2, Cal Crutchlow was pleased to leave Misano with a sixth place finish.

bbc.co.uk 'Marquez must keep his nose clean'
Marc Marquez must play it safe, rather than go for wins, to ensure he will win the MotoGP championship, says Steve Parrish

motomatters.com Yonny Hernandez To Replace Ben Spies For Rest Of 2013 Season
Yonny Hernandez is to replace the injured Ben Spies for the rest of the 2013 MotoGP season. So far, Spies' seat has been filled by Ducati tester*

Formula One

telegraph.co.uk Jackie Stewart: Rush will help bring Formula One to the US
Triple Formula One world champion, Sir Jackie Stewart praises new racing film Rush saying it will help the motorsport break into a difficult US market.

jamesallenonf1.com Raikkonen move triggers reshuffle of top Formula 1 engineers
In the wake of Kimi Raikkonen signing for Ferrari there is quite a shuffle of senior engineers taking place, with new Ferrari technical director James Allison raiding his former Lotus F1 team for head of aerodynamics Dirk de Beer.Lotus has engineering talent in depth and can promote from within, but to lose Allison, de Beer and Raikkonen will hurt them*

Other Racing

MC

fim-live.com Sidecar up for final round
The final round of the FIM Sidecar World Championship is heading to the famous circuit of Le Mans in France. There will be one 18 lap race on the "Bugatti" circuit which runs in a clockwise direction and is 4.185 km long. It looks like the championship is going to go to Pekka Paivarinta and Adolf Hanni, who are sitting with 186 points

Bike Candy

i-jfGgLqq-L.jpg

i-x94B8nx-L.jpg

i-sPqFH5z-L.jpg

Saturday, 21 September

i-Rr7vfMG-S.jpg

Sorry, life has been getting in the way of online Bench Racing fun.

SBK

worldsbk.com Interesting facts about WSBK at Laguna Seca
The Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is back on the World Superbike calendar after eight years. The Californian venue hosted the series from 1995 to 2004 for an overall twenty races.

suzuki-racing.com Young Joins Fixi Crescent Suzuki At Laguna Wsb
AMA Superbike runner-up Blake Young will join the FIXI Crescent Suzuki team for the forthcoming eni FIM Superbike World Championship round at Laguna Seca in America as a replacement for the injured Leon Camier

worldsbk.com Fractured pelvis rules Carlos Checa out of the season
After a difficult weekend in Turkey during which Carlos Checa suffered a serious accident, the latest tests made by doctors in Spain have now revealed that the official rider for Team Ducati Alstare also has a fractured pelvis.

MotoGP

bikesportnews.com Eugene Laverty favourite for second Aspar MotoGP seat
He could partner Hayden in the premier class next year

motogp.com 37 teams and 55 riders sign up for 2014 Moto2? and Moto3?
Teams wishing to proceed with entries to the Moto2? and Moto3? World Championships of 2014 submitted their requests*

Formula One

bbc.co.uk Alonso is McLaren's prime target
McLaren want Fernando Alonso, who raced for them in 2007, for next season and have made the Ferrari driver their prime target.

jamesallenonf1.com Alonso spells it out: No McLaren move
Fernando Alonso spoke out tonight about rumours in the F1 paddock that he is lining up to defect from Ferrari to McLaren next year.

pirelli.com 2013 Singapore Grand Prix ? Practice Sessions
*P ZERO RED SUPERSOFT OFF TO A FLYING START IN SINGAPORE The final street circuit of the season showcased Pirelli?s P Zero Red supersoft tyres and P Zero White medium during the opening two free practice*

f1times.com FP1: Hamilton goes quickest in Singapore
Lewis Hamilton led the opening practice for the Singapore Grand Prix, placing his Mercedes dominantly ahead of Red Bull's Mark Webber. The Briton was over three tenths quicker under the lights, whilst Webber's team-mate*

formual1.com Practice Two - Red Bull take control in Singapore
Red Bull stamped their authority on the 2013 Formula 1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix weekend on Friday evening, as Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber dominated second practice. Neither Mercedes was able to get within a*

FIA.com Singapore Grand Rrix

Circuit Diagramme

Stewards Biographies

Singapore Grand Prix preview

Media Kit

2013 Singapore Grand Prix
Thursday Press Conference Transcript

DRIVERS ? Adrian SUTIL (Force India), Nico HULKENBERG (Sauber), Valtteri
BOTTAS (Williams), Sergio PEREZ (McLaren), Kimi RAIKKONEN (Lotus), Nico
ROSBERG (Mercedes)

telegraph.comuk Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone's corruption trial to be further delayed, say German officials
German state prosecutors delay making a decision about whether or not Ecclestone should stand trial.*

Other Racing

MC

BMW Motorrad France ready to race at Le Mans
The #99 S1000RR of BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent will start tomorrow?s 24 Heures Moto at Le Mans from fifth position on the grid.

fim-live.com Le Mans 24 Hours this week end: Casting changes ahead of this weekend's race
After a very eventful day of private practice in Le Mans and a number of withdrawals, several top teams have had to rejig their crews

fim-live.com BMW Motorrad France going all out for the win at Le Mans
BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent head into this weekend's 24 Heures Moto at Le Mans, the final round of the 2013 Endurance World Championship, with their sights set firmly on taking their first 24-hour race win

bikesportnews.com 2013 Le Mans 24-Hour: All Friday's qualifying times
All the times from today in La France

fim-live.com SERT takes pole position at 24 Hours of Le Mans
Ahead of Yamaha France GMT 94 Michelin Yamalube and SRC Kawasaki.Even without Anthony Delhalle, replaced by Alex Cudlin following an injury, the Suzuki Endurance Racing Team has confimred its pole positio

fim-live.com Top ten start for Honda TT Legend at Le Mans
The Honda TT Legends team will start the 2013 24 Heures Moto at Le Mans in the top ten following the second qualifying session at the legendary French circuit today.

On the Street

visordsown.com Top 10 things movies get wrong about motorcycles

motorcyclenews.com VIDEO: Goodwood Revival - Chad Races a Manx Norton 500
MCN took a trip to Goodwood Revival to sample the nostalgia of days gone by.... When gorgeous metal of both the four AND TWO WHEELED variety ruled the roads! Chad was racing a Manx Norton in the Barry Sheene Memorial Cu

dealernews.com New 'sweet home': Dealer Expo moves to Chicago's McCormick Place
SANTA MONICA, Calif. - The Advanstar Powersports Group announces the Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo will be held Dec. 5-7, 2014, at McCormick Place in Chicago, Ill.

visordown.com Versus: Honda CBR500R vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
Are you looking at me? They?re both competent, sporty all-rounders, good for getting to work or getting a moderate shift on. They're both built to high-quality, Japanese*standards. They're both great looking. Only ?200 separates them
FWIW: BMW plans to expansion of its line under 500cc remains undefined. It will be entering into some interesting territory.

ridermagazine.com Royal Enfield launches new Continental GT caf? racer
According to Royal Enfield, the new Continental GT brings the core idea of the rocker sub-culture from the 1960s roaring into the 21st century with a motorcycle that is nimble with a lot of useable power and torque

visordown.com New Erik Buell Racing model to debut next month
Teaser shot uploaded on EBR Facebook page in July The 1190RS ERIK*Buell Racing is expected to unveil its next new model, the 1190RX, at a US bike show next month.*Little is known about the 1190RX.

visordown.com Sidecar sales booming. No, we hadn?t noticed either
NOTICED*the growing number of sidecar outfits on the road? No, neither have we. But apparently it?s happening.While the rest of the industry manages decline, British sidecar maker Watsonian has seen sales rise by a third

motorcycle-use.com Zero Motorcycles Commit to 'Drive the Dream'
Zero Motorcycles demonstrates electric vehicle commitment to California Governor Jerry Brown's "Drive the Dream" initiative.

visordown.com New: Touratech Ambato Exp tank bag for BMW R1200GS
TOURATECH*now makes an expandable tank bag to match BMW?s R1200GS in red and silver.The touring accessory firm?s "Ambato Exp" tank bag has been on sale for a month but until now only in black or black and white

canadianmotorcycleguide.com More to come from Ducati
Ducati CEO tells Bloomberg that his company is introducing four new motorcycles this year

rideapart.com How To Clean Your Motorcycle Leathers
TweetYour once pristine jacket, suit, pants or gloves look like they have been rolled in dirt, dragged up the road and then had an entire insect colony gound into them. Here?s how to clean your motorcycle leathers.*

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1/170...Can-Am-Spyder-RT-Gets-New-Inline-Triple.aspx 2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Gets New Inline Triple
Can-Am swaps out its V-Twin for a new Rotax 1330 ACE Inline Triple, builds a new six-speed gearbox, reworks the chassis and adds an ECO mode on its 2014 Spyder RT luxury tourers.

RECALLs

NHTSA and BMW BMW ( 13V407000 )
Dated: SEP 10, 2013 BMW is recalling certain model year 2008 through 2010 528i, 535i, 550i, and M5 passenger cars manufactured from March 1, 2007, through December 31, 2009.*

The MotherShip PressClub

Celebrating a Trans Americas record achievement a decade ago
Ten years ago, on 22 September 2003, Kevin and Julia Sanders rolled into Ushuaia, after having ridden 16,974 miles (27,158 km) in 34 days and 23 hours through 14 countries, from above the arctic circle in Alaska down to the*
...More

BMW Motorrad and Troy Corser right on track
One hundred and seventy four sports bike riders who made the journey to the Dijon-en-Prenois circuit in eastern France over the weekend of 13 to 15 September had a BMW Motorrad Track Day to remember, even sharing the*
...More

BMW Motorrad celebrates a record five MCN Awards for 2013
BMW Motorrad is celebrating after being presented with a record five prestigious MCN Awards, the most the manufacturer has ever received in one year. Motorcycle News? Awards honoured BMW Motorrad?s leading role as*
...More

BMW R 1200 GS named ?2013 Pirelli Bike of the Year? in South Africa
With just two months on the local market, the BMW R 1200 GS has been named the 2013 Pirelli Bike of The Year in South Africa. The announcement took place during the official opening of the AMID Motorcycle Lifestyle Show in*
...More

OttoCar awards success for BMW Motorrad
BMW Motorrad was the proud recipient of several prestigious OttoCar trophies, which were presented during the 11th AutoVision and Multimedia Festival 2013 awards ceremony on 11 September during the International*
...More

BMW Motorrad joins Ace Cafe as part of 90th anniversary celebrations
Hundreds of motorcyclists, including a host of classic BMW caf?-racer owners from across Europe, took part in the iconic Ace Caf? Reunion and the famous Brighton Burn-Up ride-out as part of the celebrations marking BMW*
...More

BMW Boxers punch their way onto the custom scene at Glemseck
As BMW Motorrad continues its 90th anniversary celebrations, not many people could have predicted just how popular its older models have become within the custom and caf?-racer community
...More

S 1000 RR captures five records at International Motorcycle Speed Trials
San Diego BMW Motorcycles took their BMW S 1000 RR to five records at the Bonneville Salt Flats during the International Motorcycle Speed Trials by BUB event, capitalizing on their momentum gained during the previous SCTA*
...More

S 1000 RR tops 224 mph at Bonneville
Andy Sills of Hunter Sills Racing piloted a San Diego BMW Motorcycles-built BMW S 1000 RR during its debut appearance to an average speed of 224.190 miles per hour (358 km/h) across the timed mile on the Bonneville Salt Flats*
...More

Charley Boorman completes epic American adventure on new R 1200 GS
Charley Boorman has completed an epic ten-week adventure, criss-crossing the United States of America on a BMW R 1200 GS adventure-sports motorcycle while filming his exciting new series Extreme Frontiers: USA
...More

Canadian GS Trophy team for 2014 selected
After GS Challenges in Ontario, Quebec and Alberta, the final three team members have now been chosen to represent Canada in the forthcoming 2014 International GS Trophy competition, where teams from all over the*
...More

BMW Motorrad Days Japan celebrates 10th anniversary
More than 4,000 motorcycling enthusiasts helped celebrate the 10th anniversary of BMW Motorrad Days in Japan, with a fantastic event held in the middle of the country at Hakuba, in the Nagano district. Despite heavy rain*
...More

FWIW

mess.png

gizmag.com HP Velotechnik has a new ride for all you recumbent mountain trikers
Germany's HP Velotechnik (HPV) is adding a new special edition off road trike to its Scorpion fs range that caters for riders who want to sit back and enjoy the forest scenery from a different perspective, while also promising to serve*

gizmag.com Review: i-H2GO hydrogen-powered remote-control car
At the end of last month, Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies began shipments of its latest hydrogen fuel cell-powered remote-control toy car, the i-H2GO. Like its predecessor, the H2GO, it runs on hydrogen obtained from user-supplied*

VIDEO: Yogi Bear Home Sweet Jellystone

VIDEO: Yogi Bear - A Bear Living

VIDEO: The Men of Sherwood Forest 1954

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-qrtKTwC-L.jpg

Saturday, 21 September Racing Update :

Formula One

Qualifying ? Official Classification

Post Qualifying Press Conference Transcript

DRIVERS
2 ? Nico ROSBERG (Mercedes)
3 ? Romain GROSJEAN (Lotus)

formula1.com Qualifying - Vettel eases to Singapore pole
So confident was Sebastian Vettel in the lap time from his first Q3 run in Singapore qualifying, he didn't even bother leaving the Red Bull garage for a second.

formula1.com Qualifying analysis - the gambler scoops the prize
Perfect conditions once again led to uncomplicated qualifying sessions in Singapore on Saturday, though a ramp-up in track conditions and grip in the final minutes of Q3 nearly caused an upset.

formula1.com Qualifying - selected team and driver quotes
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel claims the 41st pole of his career under the lights of the Marina Bay Street Circuit; Mercedes' Nico Rosberg misses out by under a tenth of a second; Romain Grosjean for Lotus is third fastest; and Red*

pirelli.com 2013 Singapore Grand Prix ? Qualifying
TWO TO THREE PITS STOPS EXPECTED AT THE SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX Red Bull?s Sebastian Vettel has clinched his 41st career pole position in Singapore, using the P Zero Red supersoft tyre, nominated along with the P Zero White medium this weekend.*

reuter.com Qualifying a pain in the back for Raikkonen

reuters.com Motor racing-Sluggish Ferraris look for more Sunday speed
SINGAPORE, Sept 21 (Reuters) - It was a case of 'business as usual' for Ferrari in Singapore on Saturday as the Italian team ended a disappointing two days of practice and qualifying well off the pace and hoping to make up*

thef1times.com Ban on helmet changes being considered
A drivers helmet used to be his brand. Many, such as Ayrton Senna, James Hunt and Niki Lauda, are remembered for their distinctive helmet designs which stuck with*

Other Racing

MC

bmw-motorrad.com EWC: BMW Motorrad HP RaceSupport ready for Le Mans
BMW Motorrad HP RaceSupport is ready for the big finale of the 2013 FIM Endurance World Championship, the legendary ?24 Heures Moto? at Le Mans this weekend.

fim-liv.eccom LUCKY SEVEN FOR BIRCHALL BUT PAIVARINTA AND HANNI TAKE CHAMPIONSHIP

fime-live.com Top teams rejig their crews
After this morning's warm-up, the teams finalised their racing crews. There were some changes announced because of injuries as with the Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (SERT). Reigning World Champion and current top of the leader board, the SERT has confirmed Alex Cudlin for Le Mans. "Alex has earned his place in the crew", say Vincent Philippe*

motoracinglive.com 24 Heures Moto: a dramatic start
It was a traditional Le Mans start for the 56 riders who had to run across the track and fire up their engines to get their respective races under way.Kawasaki SRC got away well to emerge in front out of the first turn.*

motoracing.live.com 24 Heures Moto: Kawasaki SRC in front after two hours
The first 15 minutes of the 36th 24 Heures Moto saw two of the favourites and EWC title chasers suffer falls. GMT 94?s Yamaha fall twice (Lap 2 and 6), while the SERT Suzuka hit the ground on Lap 9.Despite qualifying in third*

Cage and...

americascup.com Race 14 postponed to Sunday
UPDATE: 1445 hours Race 14 of the 34th America?s Cup was postponed today due to unsettled winds on San Francisco Bay.

video Highlights: America's Cup Finals Race 13

Bike Candy

2013 Le Mans ? The Start

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0F9VlxRhQQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another pit stop at the 24 Heures Moto ? Team Thevent

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/drw52I9k1-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Night Rider (en fran?ais) ? Team Thevent

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RCkCQn3Z8RE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sunday, 22 September Racing Update :

MotoGP

fim-live.com Making FIM MotoGP Events Sustainable
One of the principal aims of the KiSS project is to raise awareness of the need to reduce the environmental footprint left behind by mega-events such as the various rounds of the FIM Road Racing Grand Prix World

Formula One

DRIVERS
3 ? Kimi R?IKK?NEN (Lotus)

fia.com Event Information Page

pirelli.com 2013 Singapore Grand Prix ? Race
VETTEL WINS IN SINGAPORE WITH A TWO-STOP STRATEGY Red Bull?s Sebastian Vettel has taken his 33rd career victory at the Singapore Grand Prix, using a two-stop strategy.

formula1.com Race - selected team and driver quotes
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel completes a hat trick of wins at Singapore, storming to victory over Ferrari's Fernando Alonso and third-placed Kimi Raikkonen for Lotus.

formula1.com Sebastian Vettel Q&A: One word - super!
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel breezed to victory in Sunday's race in Singapore, the longest and most physical challenge on the calendar. However, there are still six Grands Prix left this season

f1technical.net This second place feels like a win - Alonso
Ferrari saw its cars finish in second and sixth positions today after a two hour long Singapore Grand Prix. Both drivers had strong races and managed to strengthen the team's second place in the constructors' championship

reuters.com Motor racing-Raikkonen back on the podium despite injury
SINGAPORE, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Kimi Raikkonen enjoyed an unexpected podium finish at the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday after racing from 13th to third despite a back injury that had threatened to prevent him driving

jamesallenonf1.com Sebastian Vettel brushes off boo-boys, but Christian Horner lambasts them
Sebastian Vettel has said that he is not affected by the repeated instances of booing on the podium after he wins races, but his team boss Christian Horner has denounced Vettel?s detractors as ?unsporting?.

bbc.co.uk Webber gets penalty for Alonso 'lift'
Red Bull's Mark Webber has been given a 10-place grid penalty at the Korean GP after riding on Fernando Alonso's car.

Other Racing

MC

suzuki-racing.com Suzuki Wins World Endurance Title At Le Mans!
Suzuki Endurance Racing Team has won the 2013 FIM World Endurance Championship after a drama-packed final round at Le Mans in France today

fim-live.com SRC Kawasaki d?croche une 4e victoire
SRC Kawasaki chalks up its 4th win at Le Mans and Suzuki Endurance Racing Team takes its 13th World titleSRC Kawasaki has added one more to its streak of three wins at the Le Mans 24 Hours. This fourth success for

fim-live.com BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent forced to retire
BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent were forced to retire from the 24 Heures Moto at Le Mans due to a terminal mechanical problem after 14 hours of racing.

i-xSMV4sp.jpg

fim-live.com Honda TT Legends withdraw following Le Mans crash
The Honda TT Legends team has retired from the 24 Heures Moto at Le Mans, France after Simon Andrews was involved in a four-bike crash during the sixth hour of the race.

bikesportnews.com 2013 Le Mans 24-Hour: All the race results
All the results from this year's event

Cage and...

americascup.com ORACLE TEAM USA extends 34th America?s Cup with four consecutive wins
ORACLE TEAM USA has scrapped its way back into contention at the 34th America?s Cup with a pair of victories today over Emirates Team New Zealand

Mothership

BMW Team RLL comes third and fourth at COTA ? Dirk M?ller moves into second in the ALMS GT driver standings.
BMW Team RLL finished third and fourth in the inaugural American Le*

Bike Candy

i-MW6CQm5-L.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6bC7jZqbCG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wednesday, 25 September

i-Rr7vfMG-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com Countdown is on for Laguna Seca WSBK return
The eni FIM Superbike World Championship will be back this weekend to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, for the twelfth round of the season.

worldsbk.com Laguna Seca a familiar place for Melandri and Davies
The BMW Motorrad GoldBet Team is heading to the west coast of the United States of America. This weekend the famous "Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca" near Monterey hosts the 12th round*

suzuki-racing.com Fixi Crescent Suzuki Set For Laguna Seca
FIXI Crescent Suzuki has crossed the Atlantic to head to Laguna Seca in America for the 12th round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship this weekend as the event returns to the Californian circuit

bikesportnews.com Haslam pleased with electronics progress ahead of Laguna WSBK
He is growing in confidence

MotoGP

motogp. Lorenzo takes fight to Marquez on home soil
Yamaha Factory Racing?s Jorge Lorenzo will once again be taking the fight to Repsol Honda Team?s championship leader Marc Marquez

motogp.com Dovizioso hits 200 as Hayden remains realistic
Andrea Dovizioso will celebrate his 200th career Grand Prix start as MotoGP? returns to MotorLand Aragon this weekend

motogp.com Yamaha Factory Racing aims for first Aragon win
Yamaha Factory Racing is yet to clinch a victory at Aragon since the popular MotorLand circuit debuted on the MotoGP? calendar in 2010. Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi are looking to change that fact this weekend

motogp.com ?It is Pedrosa who has to win the title? - Marquez
Marc Marquez stresses that Dani Pedrosa still holds a ?number one? position within Repsol Honda Team, despite the rookie enjoying the championship lead with just five races remaining in the 2013 campaign

suzuki-racing.com Suzuki Motogp Confirm Direction At Mugello
The Suzuki MotoGP Test Team has completed a positive two-day test at the Mugello circuit in Italy today with more valuable data and more revised settings to move forward from its 2013 test and development programme.

Formula One

bbc.co.uk Webber denies ignoring marshals

MST Lotus put paying suppliers before Raikkonen ? Boullier
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier says the team prioritized paying ?suppliers and key people? over Kimi Raikkonen. Raikkonen cited the delay in receiving his payments as one of the reasons why he has left the team to join Ferrari.

F1technical.net/url] Lotus offering to change name back to Renault
Lotus team owner Gerard Lopez has revealed that he would not be opposed to change the team's name, if that would prove necessary to attract investors into the team

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LbVTHsmpGZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[url=http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/08060 ]thef1times.co.uk
Ecclestone: 'Vettel's domination will soon end'
Bernie Ecclestone believes it's just a matter of time until Sebastian Vettel's domination, which looks likely to see him win a fourth straight title, comes to an end.

Other Racing

MC

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lqM52C808-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1TUAluq54BE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cycleworld.com BMW Special Edition ?DarkWhite? R1200 R
BMW Motorrad Press Release: As a traditional roadster, the BMW R 1200 R offers an almost ideal synthesis of riding dynamics, agility and classic design within the boxer series with a spirited 81 110 HP.

fim-live.com 2013 FIM International Six Days Enduro
Sardinia prepares for centennial event.The FIM International Six Days Enduro (ISDE) will celebrate its centennial year in style later this month when the 2013 event takes place in Olbia, Sardinia from 30th September 30 to 5th*

americascup.com Race 19 blog: OTUSA stages massive comeback to win 34th America?s Cup
UPDATE: 1420 hours The 34th America?s Cup press conference is scheduled for 1535 and can be viewed here

americascup.com ORACLE TEAM USA, Emirates Team New Zealand in winner-take-all race for the 34th America?s Cup
After staging an improbable comeback from 7 points behind and with no margin for error, ORACLE TEAM USA has forced a winner-take-all race tomorrow for the 34th America?s Cup after sweeping both races today

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QHdmviq1kyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aXi4Hc4cLlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

rideapart.com Leaked Online: 2014 BMW NineT Photos
TweetA Motorrad Magazine reader has captured the first photos of the upcoming 2014 BMW NineT retro roadster. Based around the company?s outgoing air/oil-cooled 1,170cc motor, the NineT gains telescopic forks and

bmw-ninet.jpg

and

rideapart.com 2014 BMW S1000S spied testing in Germany

2014-BMW-S-1000-S-770x433.jpg

cycleworld.com 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited ? First Ride A serious sport-tourer for the three-wheel set.
Can-am's base-model Spyder ?roadsters? share frames, powertrains and suspensions

canadianmotorcycleguide.com New seat from Corbin for BMW C650 GT
Your big-bore Beemer scooter just got more comfortabl

rideapart.com Top Motorcycle Rain Suits For Commuters ? Don?t Go To Work Wet
TweetLooking out and seeing rain before you go to work is never good, but it doesn?t have to ruin your day. By simply adding a rain suit to you gear closet, you can adapt your existing equipment to suit inclement weather

cycleworld.com CW Evaluation: Five Motorcycle Backpacks Whether you?re commuting, exploring or traveling, the right carryall will help you bring what you need wherever you?re going.
Klim Krew Pak Storage capacity: 28 liters 208/552-7433 
klim.com $135.99 * 
OFF-ROAD SUPPORT Enduro riders carry lots of spares, tools and other supplies. Perfect for unsupported off-road adventure

cycleworld.com Load your bike into a van Tip #288 from the pages of The Total Motorcycling Manual
YouTube is full of clips of bike-loading mishaps. But if you follow this plan, you won't be in one of them. First, park the vehicle with its rear wheels in a low spot to lower the ramp angle.

canadianmotorcycleguide.com More Toronto parking changes ahead?
Apparently, the city is creating 300 motorcycle-only parking spots ahead of pay-by-plate parking

canadianmotorcycleguide.com Kawasaki working on new Z1000?
Kawasaki has put together a video clip showing a new naked bike that's on the wa

RECALLs

Transport Canada and HONDA issued a recall on the TRX500FM - FOREMAN 500 model
On certain ATVs, due to a manufacturing defect, the steering shaft could break. This would result in a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of an accident causing injury and/or property damage. Correction:...

The Commute

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW Motorrad presents the BMW R 1200 R ?DarkWhite? special model. A dynamic roadster with an exclusive design. ...More

Markus Reiterberger is crowned 2013 IDM champion on the RR
After securing the Manufacturers? title two weeks ago, BMW had even more reason to celebrate at last weekend?s penultimate round of the 2013 International German Motorcycle Championship (IDM) at Hockenheim
...More

Cage World

gizmag.com Caterham takes the lid off the AeroSeven Concept
The thing about Caterhams is that they?re wonderfully bonkers little cars that beg to be driven. Now the automotive company has taken its Seven CSR chassis and turned it into the Caterham AeroSeven Concept.

caterham-aeroseven-concept.jpg

thechicane.com Martin Squires? Automotive Illustrations
Illustrator Martin Squires? sketches from the car, motorcycle, and vintage machinery shows he attends are absolutely delightful. I?ve tried many times to capture this kind of quick gestural linewor

The British humor site The Poke has cages all figured out

i-C7DsPFv.jpg

FWIW

privacy_opinions.png

TED: Onora O'Neill: What we don't understand about trust - Onora O'Neill
Trust is on the decline, and we need to rebuild it. That?s a commonly heard suggestion for making a better world ? but, says philosophe

technologyreview.com The First Carbon Nanotube Computer
A carbon nanotube computer processor is comparable to a chip from the early 1970s, and may be the first step beyond silicon electronics.For the first time

gizmag.com iSketchnote: The iPad cover that digitizes your doodles
Many people are now using an iPad or other brand of tablet as a tool for writing notes and drawing sketches. Doing so makes a lot of sense as the form factor is built with such tasks in mind. It isn't perfect, howeve

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-w9JJBD3-L.jpg

Thursday, 26 September

i-Rr7vfMG-S.jpg

SBK

belfastnews.co.uk Jonathan Rea on verge of signing new 2014 World Superbike deal

worldsbk.com WSBK riders expectations made clear at Laguna Seca

MotoGP

motogp.com Marquez top of the table as MotoGP? gets underway in Aragon

motogp.com The lean angle experience

eurosport.yahoo.com Rossi, Crutchlow concerned over fuel consumption

Formula One

formula1.com Caterham restructure technical department

nbcsports.com Alonso turns his hopes towards 2014

Other Racing

MC

fim-live.com Press conference of the FIM ISDE 2014 Argentina

fim-live.com Interview David Knight

fim-live.com FIM womens road racing training camp in Albacete attracts enormous interest

Cage and...

VIDEO: Highlights: America's Cup Finals Race 19

On the Street

cycleworld.com Bimota sold to Swiss investors

VIDEO: Moto Guzzi 1200 cross

VIDEO: 2014 new Kawasaki Z1000SX (Ninja 1000) Austria press launch

RECALLs

NHTSA YAMAHA ( 13V416000 )
‎Dated: SEP 10, 2013 Yamaha is recalling certain model year 2011 XC50A (Vino Classic) motorcycles manufactured from April 2011 through August 2011. Due to improper adhesion, the brake shoe linings may separate

The Commute

i-qxS6thz-S.jpg

i-62Z8Qj3-M.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

The final round of the FIM Sidecar World Championship got under way in glorious sunshine in Le Mans last weekend and the LCR BMW pairing of J?rg Steinhausen and Ashley Hawes finished in a second place to cement their runner-up spot in the 2013 series...More

After securing the Manufacturers? title two weeks ago, BMW had even more reason to celebrate at last weekend?s penultimate round of the 2013 International German Motorcycle Championship (IDM) at Hockenheim, Germany, as the fight for the Riders? title was decided, with one round to spare...More

Cage World

VIDEO: RoadandTrack Timo Glock drives BMW M3 prototype

VIDEO: BMW M4 - Engine Animation

VIDEO: BMW M4 - Lightweight Animation

VIDEO: BMW M4 - Driving Impressions

VIDEO: BMW M4 - Driving at Nurburgring

FWIW

i-rr4MXLn-S.jpg

Reference Library

Bike Candy