• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Sunday, 27 October

i-NzVGgDW-S.jpg

Members with Birthdays this Month

SBK

kawasaki-racingteam.eu Loris Baz returns as 2014 test season begins

i-Skr7PDb.jpg

MotoGP

motogp.com Bradl was fastest in practice as Marquez crashes

yamaha-motor.co.jp Lorenzo claims Motegi for Yamaha with stunning home victory

motogp.com Lorenzo wins, title battle goes to Valencia

motogp.com Solid podium results for Marquez and Pedrosa

motogp.com Rossi left to lament turn 11 excursions

hondaproracing.com Double rostrum for Honda, championship down to the wire

Ducati.com Japanese GP ninth and tenth for Hayden and Dovizioso at Motegi

motomatters.com Motegi MotoGP Sunday round up

VIDEO: MotoGP? Motegi 2013 -- best action

VIDEO: MotoGP? Motegi 2013 -- Jorge Lorenzo interview

VIDEO: Marquez crashes in Sunday practice at Motegi

Formula One

2013 Indian Grand Prix
Sunday Press Conference Transcript

DRIVERS
1 ? Sebastian VETTEL (Red Bull Racing)
2 ? Nico ROSBERG (Mercedes)
3 ? Romain GROSJEAN (Lotus)
PODIUM INTERVIEWS
(Conducted by David Coulthard

Official Classifications
Lap Analysis
Lap Chart
Lap History chart
Best Sector Times
Fastest Laps
Maximum Speeds
Pit Stop Summary
Speed Trap

Drivers Championship
Constructors Championship

fia.com Vettel beyond reach in India

formula1.com Race superb Vettel claims fourth title with India win

formula1.com Sebastian Vettel Q&A This title feels as good as the other ones.

formula1.com Selected team and driver quotes

The Commute

i-XdPHbXs-M.jpg

Determination finds a way

The MotherShip PressClub

Born in Freising near Munich, Edgar Heinrich took over as Head of BMW Motorrad Design in June 2012. The industrial designer oversees all aspects of design for all BMW Group motorcycles and rider accessories. As a passionate biker himself, Heinrich aspires to create the perfect symbiosis of rider and machine with every new model. To that end, he tailors the proportions of each motorcycle, the selection of materials, and the arrangement and design of technical details precisely to the requirements of the relevant segment and the individual riding experience....More

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FaVEK1qzgwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

www.bimmerfile.com: BimmerFile ? cage news options & reviews that matter

FWIW

i-Gmtj5rf-M.jpg

Packers.com/news-and-events

Reference Library

Bike Candy
From way2speed.com

i-qm4LRDd.jpg

Monday, 28 October

i-NzVGgDW-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com Ducati announce 2014 World Superbike riders
Following the announcement of the mutual decision to conclude early the partnership with Team Alstare, Ducati today confirm its participation in the 2014 World Superbike*

[img=http://m1ka.smugmug.com/photos/i-M6xPLDH/0/S/i-M6xPLDH-S.jpg[/img]

bikesportnews.com Davies signs two-year factory Ducati WSBK deal
The Welshman will get a works Panigale for 2014-1

worldsbk.com WSBK paddock show again at EICMA

MotoGP

Formula One

bbc.co.uk Vettel 'hurt' by booing from fans
Sebastian Vettel, who retained his world title on Sunday, says he is hurt by the booing he has received this year

jamesallenonf1.com Ecclestone one of four defendants as court case opens in London over sale of F1
Tomorrow in London, F1′s commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone begins the defence of a US$170m legal action against him and three other defendants, over the sale of F1 by Bayern LB to CVC in 2005

On the Street

rideapart.com Gear: Kriega R3 Waistpack Review
TweetDon?t have any pockets and need a place to store you phone, wallet, and keys? The Kriega R3 Waistpack has you covered. The Gear: The Kriega R3 Waistpack is a 3-liter waistpack (read: fanny pack you wear on your back)

rideapart.com Motorcycle Gear That Doubles As A Halloween Costume
TweetYou spend a good chunk of your time riding motorcycles and wearing armor, so you?re basically a superhero already. You might as well make that work in your favor when it comes to Halloween, right? Here?s how to do it*

rideapart.com Review: 2013 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8V SE
TweetOne of the best handling street bikes out there? Sitting on the heavy, low 2013 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8V SE for the first time and feeling the huge torque reaction from its agricultural motor might scare you off, but it shouldn?t.*

dealernews.com L.A. Times reports: Honda Groms flying out of So Cal showrooms
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Honda?s new Grom is so popular in Southern California that dealers are having trouble meeting demand. Dealers are sold out of the 124.9cc Grom and report waiting lists of up to 40 buyers.*

rideapart.com Leaked: 2014 Ducati Scrambler Photo ? Our Best Look Yet
TweetThis latest photo of the 2014 Ducati Scrambler, captured by Insella.it, is the clearest yet taken of the new bike. Expected to debut at EICMA next week, it promises a mix of modern performance and classic style. But what?s with tha

dealernews.com Iowa legislators to mull allowing ATVs on secondary roads
DES MOINES, Iowa - A committee of five senators and five representatives will meet at 10 a.m. Oct. 28 in the Capitol to discuss a proposal to let ATVs onto secondary roads in the state.

visordown.com The 10 coolest adventure motorcycles
THE ironic thing is that adventure motorcycles were cool long before Ewan McGregor and Charlie Wotzhisface went off on an adventure. People had been doing it for years.

rideapart.com Continuing Your Motorcycle Education
TweetSome years ago I decided to go back to school as I felt there was a lot I could do to improve myself. I?m not talking about going to college or doing night classes to study for a business degree

thevintagent.com Truly Majestic
The ultimate French Art Deco motorcycle - the Majestic - has only gained a reputation outside France since its inclusion in the Guggenheim Museum's Art of the Motorcycle exhibit in 1998,

Majestic-1929-1.jpg

The Commute

i-2TNpPHg-M.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6zOWNioUvyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Media Alert: BMW 4 SERIES CONVERTIBLE WILL MAKE ITS WORLD DEBUT AND THE BMW i8, BMW CONCEPT X4 AND BMW 5 SERIES GRAN TURISMO WILL MAKE NORTH AMERICAN AUTO SHOW DEBUTS AT THE 2013 LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW
The new BMW 4 Series Convertible will make its world debut and the BMW i8, BMW 5 Series Gran...More

Cage World

VIDEO Aston Martin CC100 Concept - Jay Leno's Garage

FWIW

i-dhb5fkZ-S.jpg

tinyhouseblog.com Stingray Tents
If you?ve always wanted your camping experience to be more elevated, the new Stingray Tent, built by UK company Tenstile and distributed in San Francisco, is a new design that looks like a floating*

gizmag.com Fender outs folding neck travel acoustics
Taking an acoustic guitar with you when you travel can be a lesson in compromises. You may have to make do with an odd-shaped instrument, a short necked model, or a cheap throw-away that produces poor sound.*

TED: Mariana Mazzucato: Government -- investor, risk-taker, innovator - Mariana Mazzucato
Why doesn?t the government just get out of the way and let the private sector -- the ?real revolutionaries? -- innovate? It?s rhetoric you hear everywhere, and Mariana Mazzucato wants to dispel it. In an energetic talk, she shows how the*

i-wNKM2TC-M.jpg

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-xVKXJ8Z-L.jpg

Even though i am not an off roader or ATV owner, I do appreciate them.

In the Dealer News section ;
I give a tip of the helmet to the Iowa legislators for at least considering allowing ATV's on secondary roads.
I think it's a great idea !

In Germany I see a lot of ATV's, registered , with proper license plates, lights and turn signals running around on the public secondary roads.
Why not here too :usa:usa

Thursday, 31 October

i-NzVGgDW-S.jpg

SBK

bikesportnews.com Michael Jordan to take AMA squad into World Superbikes
He is looking at 'international competition'

bikesportnews.com Alex Lowes to test Fixi Suzuki at Jerez today
He looks set for a move into World Superbikes in 2014

worldabk.com Sykes enjoying some time off after victory
After reaching the milestone of winning his first-ever World Superbike title 9 days ago at Jerez, Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) is enjoying his new status of Champion, even though he still hasn't fully realised the*

bieksportnews.com 'It's a big relief to have signed for Ducati' - Davies
The Welsh rider has a job for two years with the factory outfit

motomatters.com Pata Honda Press Release Interview: Jonathan Rea On Leg Injuries, Staying With Honda And 2014
The Pata Honda team today issued the following press release, containing an interview with Jonathan Rea. In it, Rea discusses the leg injury he suffered in Germany, watching races at home, why he chose to remain with Hond

i-GLRRCZH-M.jpg

MotoGP

motomatters.com HRC Press Release: Casey Stoner Concludes Testing At Sugo, Does Not Test Production Racer
Casey Stoner has concluded three days of testing at the Sugo circuit in Japan. The retired champion managed to put in a lot of laps in dry conditions, after previous tests he has participated in have been rained off. Stoner tested both*

motomatters.com Yamaha Video: Kazutoshi Seki, The Man Behind Valentino Rossi's Electronics
The role that electronics plays in MotoGP cannot be underestimated. Every aspect of bike performance depends on how well the the systems monitoring the bikes read the data, interpret it and then modulate the power*

way2speed.com Yamaha GP500 V4 engine.

2002-GP500-YAMAHA-YZR-500-V-+2-STROKE-ENGINE-.jpg

Formula One

jamesallenonf1.com Raikkonen?s problems, Grosjean?s gains: Why Indian Grand Prix turned out as it did
The Indian Grand Prix was all set up to be a fascinating strategy battle with four of the top ten cars starting the race on the more durable medium compound tyres and six on the soft compound, which was short-lived

bbc.co.uk Tyre change 'key to Vettel success'
Red Bull say the decision to change the design of Formula 1's tyres mid-season was key to Sebastian Vettel winning the title.

f1times.com Lotus apologise for radio outburst at Raikkonen
Lotus have apologised for the language used in a radio message to Kimi Raikkonen during the Indian Grand Prix in which the team wanted the Finn to move aside for team-mate Romain Grosjean.

telegraph.co.uk\ Bernie Ecclestone made a 'corrupt agreement' to cling on to power in Formula One, High Court judge hears
High Court judge is told motorsport chief made a "corrupt bargain" in a bid to stay in a position of influence in F1.

f1times.com Brawn to exit Mercedes at the end of '13 season
Ross Brawn will reportedly leave Mercedes at the end of the current season according to several credible sources within the Formula 1 paddock. The Briton, who has led the Mercedes outfit since they rejoined the sport in 2010*

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mHuqTGTIHuE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

i-dC9tCZS-M.jpg

visordown.com Suzuki?s electric monkey bike
ELECTRICITY*may never provide a practical alternative to the internal combustion engine unless someone can do something about battery range. But who cares about that when you?re terrorising good townsfolk on a 62kg*

cyrilhuzeblog.com New Norton Motorcycles Shipped To The U.S.A. First Time In 30+ Years.
A first contingent of new Norton Commando 961 models has been shipped to the US, marking the return of the UK brand in the country after 30+ years of absence. Norton proposes three 961 models: Commando SF, Cafe Racer*

cycleworld.com Honda NC700XD ABS ? Long-Term Test Update #2 Commuter par excellence.
Southern California has the busiest, most congested freeways in the country. Upside is, motorcycles can access the High Occupancy Vehicle*

canadamotorcycleguide.com Check out the KTM RC125, RC200
KTM's small-displacement streetbikes look a lot like their mid-displacement streetbike.

dealernews.com MSF to train U.S. special forces here, overseas
IRVINE, Calif. - The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) has won a military contract to train riding instructors for United States Special Operations forces here and abroad.

growthenergy.org E15 fuel arrives in Twin Cities?15 cents a gallon cheaper than E10
Cleaner, Cheaper E15 fuel arrives in Minnesota.

rideapart.com Living With The 2014 Honda Grom ? Long-Term Test: Month One
TweetThe tiny little Honda Grom is the friendly, fun face of motorcycling. We?re spending an extended period on one to see if a bike that can barely hit 60 mph can keep up in real world riding.

VIDEO 1976 "Boldwing" Honda Goldwing Cafe Racer Custom Drag

i-sL3DrNL-M.jpg

RECALLs

NHTSA and BMW ( 13V454000 )
Dated: SEP 26, 2013 BMW of North America LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 320i, 328i, 320i xDrive, and 328i xDrive sedans; model year 2014 328i xDrive Sports Wagons; model year 2012-2013 528i and 528i*

Transport Canada and FRED DEELEY issued a recall on multiple vehicle models
On certain motorcycles, the clutch may not disengage fully when the clutch lever is depressed. This could result in the rider experiencing

Transport Canada and SUZUKI issued a recall on the GSX-R1000, GSX-R750, and GSX-R600 models
On certain motorcycles, corrosion could form inside the front brake master cylinder, which could cause a spongy brake feel. This could potentially lead to extended stopping distances, increasing the risk of a crash...

The Commute

i-jJWfKnM-L.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW Group and CleanCharge demonstrate the intercharge solution for cross-provider charging of electric cars in Copenhagen. Hubject eRoaming platform enables Europe-wide network.
Copenhagen. Electric cars can be charged across provider lines and national borders. This was demonstrated yesterday by the BMW Group and the Danish charging infrastructure operator CleanCharge in the course of a showcase...More

Rolls-Royce Bespoke Chicane Phantom Coup?
With the talents of the world?s finest automotive designers and craftspeople at a customer?s disposal, inspiration for a Bespoke Rolls-Royce can strike...More

Cage World

autobloggreen.com Report: Would training new drivers sell more EVs?
Filed under: EV/Plug-in, Manufacturing/Plants, Europe/EU "Your whole driving style has to change to get the best out of EV technology." Automakers have seen

jalopnik.com Bentley's Arctic Driving School Is The Ultimate Rich Dude Vacation
I'm sure that lately, one question has been dogging you relentlessly: "What am I going to buy my favorite Jalopnik writer Patrick George for Christmas??

Meet The Guy Who Drove Across The U.S. In A Record 28 Hours 50 Minutes
He's a tall, lanky Southerner with a penchant for cars, and, of all things, lizards. He teaches Sunday school with his wife.

[url=http://www.bimmerfile.com/]www.bimmerfile.com
: BimmerFile ? cage news options & reviews that matter

FWIW

TED: Abha Dawesar: Life in the "digital now" - Abha Dawesar
One year ago, Abha Dawesar was living in blacked-out Manhattan post-Sandy, scrounging for power to connect. As a novelist, she was*

gizmag.com iPad Air vs. Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
With the iPad Air locked, loaded, and ready to launch, perhaps you're wondering how it sizes up next to (quite possibly) the best tablet Samsung has to offer. Is the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition worth a look?

vincent-picador-drone-engine-1.jpg

way2speed.com HRD Vincent | Aircraft Engine

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AXxr3gyFDT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reference Library

Bike Candy
A bit of creative insanity from way2speed.com

i-9j8Q7Dw-M.jpg

i-JdT4NKM-L.jpg

i-GjjvfhN-M.jpg

Halloween, 31 October

i-NzVGgDW-S.jpg

SBK

MotoGP

bbc.co.uk Yamaha upbeat over Lorenzo's chances
Yamaha manager Wilco Zeelenberg is optimistic Jorge Lorenzo can overhaul Marc Marquez in the last race of the season

autosport.com Marquez not rattled by Lorenzo surge
Marc Marquez insists he is not worried about Jorge Lorenzo's run of form heading into what he says will be an 'interesting' MotoGP championship decider at Valencia

motogp.com Marquez & Lorenzo: The numbers
Seven years have passed by since Valencia last hosted a final-race decider. In the year 2013, two candidates arrive separated by 13 points

fim-live.com Stoner completes three-day test at Sugo
Casey Stoner has come to the end of a three-day test at Japan's Sportsland Sugo circuit, run between Monday and Wednesday. The two-time MotoGP? World Champion worked on the 2013 and 2014 RC213V Honda prototype*

superbikeplanet.com Suzuki To Participate In Preseason Tests At Sepang

Formula One

2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Thursday Press Conference Transcript

DRIVERS ? Valtteri BOTTAS (Williams), Romain GROSJEAN (Lotus), Adrian SUTIL
(Force India), Lewis HAMILTON (Mercedes), Sebastian VETTEL (Red Bull Racing),
Fernando ALONSO (Ferrari)

Stewards Biographies
Race Preview
Media Kit
Circuit Data

telegraph.co.uk Lewis Hamilton: Mercedes can easily replace Ross Brawn
Formula One: Lewis Hamilton holds no worries over reports Mercedes team principal is poised to leave.*

f1technical.net Pirelli continue with aggressive tyre choice
Pirelli have decided to bring the same tyres to Abu Dhabi as those raced at the Indian Grand Prix, where they provided for a number of interesting pitstop strategies.

formula1.com The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - did you know?
Did you know that Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina Circuit features the second-highest number of turns of any track on the 2013 calendar? Or that Lewis Hamilton has led more laps there than any other driver? Ahead of the 2013 Formula 1*

formula1.com Abu Dhabi preview - magnificent seven for super Seb?
Will the donuts that the irrepressible Sebastian Vettel couldn't resist doing during his celebrations in India last Sunday come back to haunt him this weekend? The mechanical strain put on his car may be a small concern to*

On the Street

rideapart.com 10 New Motorcycles That Won?t Ever Get Stolen
TweetSome bikes won?t last five minutes on a city street unattended. But others can sit out there, key in ignition, ?free motorcycle? sign on the seat, and never, ever disappear.*
FWIW: Is it a good thing that a BMW didn't make the list?

motosportnewswire.com Husqvarna Motorcycles to Unveil Prototype at EICMA
October 31, 2013 ? (Motor Sports Newswire) ? Alongside the full 2014 motocross and enduro model range Husqvarna Motorcycles will unveil a previously unreleased prototype motorcycle at the EICMA Internation

ridermagazine.com Sales of Sidecars on the rise
While the motorcycling industry has generally seen a decline in recent years, British sidecar maker, Watsonian, has seen their sales increase by a third in the space of one year. The company has been producing sidecars since*

RECALLs

Tansport Canada and BMW issued a recall on the K1600GT, and K1600GTL models
On certain motorcycles, a problem with the engine throttle valve control software could cause engine stalling. Engine stalling would result in a loss of motive power, which, in conjunction with traffic and road...

The Commute

i-vVRzpVR-M.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

Getting ready for EICMA ? be there in 2013
It?s the biggest motorcycle show in the world and it?s coming to Milan, Italy, from 5 to 10 November 2013, with all the top brands present. Naturally, BMW Motorrad will be...More

BMW R 1200 GS and BMW Concept Ninety film win German Design Awards
The German Design Council has selected the winners of the German Design Award 2014 and among the five honours bestowed on BMW Group Design, the R 1200 GS travel enduro and a lifestyle film featuring the BMW Concept...More

R 100 RS ? elegance and power
In September 1976, at the IFMA show in Cologne, the motorcycle world was both stunned and excited by the release of the R 100 RS. This was a BMW like no other; in fact it was like no other motorcycle available at the time....More

Then and now ? R 100 RS versus K 1600 GT
Among the rich, varied and technologically-laden 90 years of BMW Motorrad there have been many motorcycles that can be classed as classic examples of BMW Motorrad design and engineering. But one bike that encompassed...More

Cage World

autbloggreen.com Report: Daimler wants 'more cooperation' with Tesla on electric vehicles
Filed under: EV/Plug-in, SMART, Tesla Motors, Daimler In May 2009, Tesla Motors and Daimler told the world they would work together on

jalopnik.com Crashed And Totaled Ferrari Dino Fetches $250,000 Because It's Now Art
The Dino 308 GT was never really the most desirable car to come out of Maranello. Nice examples are currently trading in the $33,000 range. This car was totally crashed, is now "art," and just sold for $250,000. This makes no*

jalopnik.com What's The Fastest American Car Ever Built?
At 278 mph in the standing mile, the 2,000 horsepower M2K Motorsports Ford GT is one seriously fast American car. Do you know of one faster?

FWIW

jalopnik.com Captain Kirk Will Command America's Newest Stealth Destroyer
A man named James Kirk will be the captain of the $4bn USS Zumwalt, the first of America's new stealth destroyers.

TED: Holly Morris: Why stay in Chernobyl? Because it's home. - Holly Morris
Chernobyl was the site of the world's worst nuclear accident and, for the past 27 years, the area around the plant has been known as the Exclusion Zone. And yet, a community of about 200 people live there -- almost all of them*

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-3c5H6qB-M.jpg

Saturday, 2 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

SBK

bikesportnews.com Laverty moves to Fixi Suzuki World Superbike squad
He couldn't hang around waiting for Aprilia

kawasaki-racingteam.eu Tom Sykes &A 2013 World Champion interveiw

kawasaki-racingteam.eu Testing continues for Sykes and Baz at Jerez

MotoGP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9OV_93kuWYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

VIDEO MotoGP? Rewind: Motegi 2013

Formula One

Friday Press Conference Transcript

TEAM REPRESENTATIVES ? Graeme LOWDON (Marussia), Paul HEMBERY
(Pirelli), Cyril ABITEBOUL (Caterham), Franz TOST (Toro Rosso), Claire WILLIAMS
(Williams), Martin WHITMARSH (McLaren)

formula1.com Friday practice - selected team and driver quotes
Romain Grosjean on a fantastic FP1 and a slightly disappointing FP2; Sebastian Vettel on picking up where he left off in India; and Sergio Perez and Jenson Button on McLaren's continued progress. All 22 drivers and senior*

pirelli.com 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ? Practice Sessions
Pirelli Soft and Medium compounds under the lights of Abu Dhabi With sunset coming around half an hour into the second free practice session at Abu Dhabi, the teams had experience of driving both in daylight during the first*

formula1.com Friday analysis - more grip to come from Yas Marina Circuit
There were several off-track incidents in FP1 in Abu Dhabi as the Yas Marina track stayed very green despite GP2 and GP3 practice beforehand, and steadfastly refused to rubber in. Things were slightly better in the afternoo

bbc.co.uk Raikkonen threatens boycott over pay
Kimi Raikkonen says he may not take part in the final two races of the season if his Lotus team do not solve a financial dispute.

On the Street

autobloggreen.com Official: Patent granted for Lit Motors C-1 gimbaled flywheel stabilization system
Filed under: EV/Plug-in, On Two Wheels, Lightweight, USA There are a number of transportation devices under development deserving of the adjective, "revolutionary." There are also no shortage of vehicles bestowed*

motorcycle-usa.com 2013 Motorcycle Sales Even Up in Q3
The MIC reports 2013 motorcycle sales have evened up with last year's totals, catching up during the summer after a slow start.

dealernews.com Royal Enfield: 15 things you may not know
HERE are 15 things you might not know about Royal Enfield. ALTHOUGH THE ROYAL ENFIELD marque has changed hands a number of times, the brand itself has been in continuous production since 1901, making it the*

thekneeslider.com California Scooter Company Brings Back the Mustang
Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - The California Scooter Company has revived the old Mustang motorcycles

cycleworld.com Learn How To Read A Dyno Chart Tip #72 from the pages of The Total Motorcycling Manual
A dyno chart is a two-dimensional representation of an engine?s horsepower and torque over the engine?s speed range, as measured by a device called a dynamometer. Most dynamometers either connect to the bike?s countershaft*

dealernews.com Police officer's stolen bike leads to chop shop find
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - Some alleged motorcycle thieves took the wrong bike and led police directly an apparent chop shop. Police recovered four stolen motorcycles intact in a North Philadelphia garage and another parted out in*

cyrilhuzeblog.com Aluminum Chassis Kits For Sportster And Triumph. Made In Indonesia At Unbeatable Prices.
When you think custom motorcycles outside the United States, Indonesia is probably not a region coming to your mind. Surprise: in this 238 million people country, the world?s fourth most populous, there are custom builders*

canadamotorcycleguide.com Benelli: Three new models
Chinese-owned manufacturer hopes new naked bike, sport tourer and beginner machine will put them back in the game

rideapart.com How To Layer for Warmth ? Winter Motorcycle Gear Made Easy
TweetWinter is coming. Gone are the days of simply tossing on a light jacket and helmet, if you?re going to keep riding into winter, you?re going to need to learn how to layer. We?re here to help. This is the winter motorcycle gear you*

rideapart.com 9 Best Ways To Make Your Motorcycle Faster
TweetWe?ve looked at the 10 cheapest ways to make your motorcycle faster, but for those of you still not riding fast enough and with money in your pocket, we present the 9 best ways to make your motorcycle faster

The Commute

i-qWfk2rR-S.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

BMW Group U.S. Reports October 2013 Sales
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? November 1, 2013? The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported October sales of 33,274 vehicles, an increase of 2.9 percent from the 32,339 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago....More

Cage World

autonews.com BMW eyes a $550 million prize in EU trade deal
To understand why automakers are gung-ho about free trade talks between the United States and Europe, consider this number: $550 million.

jalopnik.com Roundabouts: Are They For Improving Traffic Flow, Or Skids Practice?
Roundabouts are tools for aiding traffic congestion all around the world, more efficient than a four-way stop in ideal conditions. Or are they actually not intersections at all, but donut/drift/skid practice zones

jalopnik.com The Ten Fastest American Cars Ever Made
America: Land of the Free. Well, maybe that should be Land of Speed. Here are ten of our fastest cars, from record-setting streamliners to street-legal customs.

nytimes.com BMW*says the 228i will go from zero to 60 miles per hour in 5.4 seconds on its way to a top speed of 130 when equipped with the 8-speed automatic transmission

VIDEO Krumm and Palmer - More Reflections on Driving Nissan ZEOD RC

FWIW

Best Halloween costume I have seen online

i-GdnPD29-S.png

TED: Dong Woo Jang: The art of bow-making - Dong Woo Jang
Dong Woo Jang has an unusual after school hobby. Jang, who was 15 when he gave the talk, tells the story of how living in the concrete*

gizmag.com First impressions: iPad Air
Last year's 4th-generation iPad was such a minor update, there was little reason for iPad 3 owners to consider taking the plunge. But this year, the iPad Air marks the biggest physical redesign the tablet has ever seen. Is it worth*

gizmag.com Morpher bike helmet folds flat when you aren't wearing it
Although it's entirely possible that a bicycle helmet could save your life one day, that still doesn't change the fact that the things take up a lot of space when carried in a bag. The Morpher helmet, however, folds completely flat*

i-KXBPzg6-M.jpg

VIDEO Road Runner: Hear Comes The BOOM!!

VIDEO Speedy Gonzales Cats And Bruises

VIDEO Wanted, Dead or Alive 1x01 The Martin Poster

VIDEO Wanted, Dead or Alive 1x15 Rawhide Breed

VIDEO Le Mans (1971 Steve McQueen)

i-gD7Rs3j-M.jpg

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-dC9tCZS-M.jpg

Racing Update. Saturday, 2 November : Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

SBK

worldsbk.com Marco Melandri over the moon about his new bike
From today on Marco Melandri is a factory rider for Aprilia. The former works BMW pilot has already got to grips with the RSV4 last week at Jerez, during a one day test on the Tuesday following the last round of the season.

motomatters.com 2014 World Superbike Line Up Solidifies: Melandri Signs With Aprilia, Laverty To Join Suzuki?
With the uncertainty surrounding the World Superbike series easing up, the outlines of the 2014 season are starting to become clear. The test after the final round of the 2013 season at Jerez turned into an audition for some of the riders, with riders still searching for a team for next season.* In the days since that test, news has been emerging of rider*

superbikeplanet.com Melandiri, Aprilia's new WSBK contender or racing schleprock?

MotoGP

Formula 1

Post Qualifying Press Conference Transcript

DRIVERS
1 ? Mark WEBBER (Red Bull Racing)
2 ? Sebastian VETTEL (Red Bull Racing)
3 ? Nico ROSBERG (Mercedes)

formula1.com Qualifying, selected team and driver quotes

formual1.com Qualifying analysis - Webber proves he?s not done yet

formula1.com Raikkonen excluded from qualifying after failed floor test Stewards Decision

independent.co.uk Lotus penalty could be last straw for Kimi Raikkonen
Kimi Raikkonen's shock exclusion from fifth place on the grid for today's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix following a technical infringement on his Lotus after post-qualifying scrutineering yesterday, might prove the straw that breaks the*

f1times.com Suspension failure caused Hamilton spin - Brawn
Mercedes have confirmed that a suspension failure caused Lewis Hamilton's qualifying spin, potentially costing him pole position. The Briton was on his final flying lap of the session and looked set to post a competitive time worthy*

f1technical.net Ferrari acknowledge F138 doesn't suit Abu Dhabi circuit
Ferrari suffered as expected through qualifying today with Felipe Massa posting the 8th fastest time and Fernando Alonso narrowly missing Q3 by setting the 11th best time. The team have been lacking pace since the start of*

f1technical.net Hulkenberg continues to impress Sauber
The Sauber F1 Team qualified sixth (Nico H?lkenberg) and 17th (Esteban Guti?rrez) for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. H?lkenberg was able to put in a strong performance and get the maximum out of the car yet again.

i-j8Szbzn-L.jpg

Monday, 4 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

SBK

Day Dreaming...

i-5bKhZfR-L.jpg

i-DG4XNZt-L.jpg

i-JDbHVrM-S.jpg

Formula One

DRIVERS
2 ? Mark WEBBER (Red Bull Race

FIA.com Event and timing information

formula1.com Race - Vettel crushes all opposition in Abu Dhabi

formula1.com Race - selected team and driver quotes
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel on his seventh successive victory and Mark Webber on his poor start; Mercedes' Nico Rosberg on his fine drive to the podium, Paul Di Resta on his brilliant one-stop strategy; Sergio Perez on*

pirelli.com 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ? Race
*Vettel wins under the lights of Abu Dhabi with two pit stops Red Bull driver and newly-crowned world champion Sebastian Vettel has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, starting on the P Zero Yellow soft compound, before running two*

f1technical.com No penalties for Alonso and Vettel
The race stewards at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix have decided that neither Sebastian Vettel or Fernando Alonso will be penalised, contrary to popular belief among fans.

bbc.cu.uk Hamilton mystified by lack of pace
Lewis Hamilton admits he is mystified by his struggle to race competitively after finishing seventh in Abu Dhabi.

bbc.co.uk Rich Raikkonen still feels pain of criticism
For all the millions owed to him, it is when the Iceman's team ethic is called into question that he finally shows some emotion

jamesallenonf1.com Prost: Smart, adaptable drivers will thrive with 2014 technology
Alain Prost was on hand in Abu Dhabi this weekend as Renault Sport upped the noise about 2014 engines with a briefing for selected media.Prost was on good form, providing insight into the driving techniques necessary to do well*

i-46gZX8B-S.jpg

Other Racing

MC

fim-live.com Husqvarna first new generation win
Claiming his third consecutive victory in the prestigious Swedish event Pela Renet has won the 2013 Gotland Grand National in Sweden, giving Husqvarna the first win of its new era With the Gotland Grand National ?*

On the Street

bcc.co.uk Sticker shock! A $10,000 Vespa

asphaltandrubber.com] 2014 Benelli BN302 ? How to Learn Italian?
Next up from Benelli is the 2014 Benelli BN302, a pint-sized two-cylinder machine that continues the Italian company?s quest to bring in new riders to the brand. As such, styling is taken obviously from the Benelli BN600, though*

asphaltandrubber.com 2014 Benelli BN600GT ? Entry-Level Sport Touring
Benelli has a couple new models waiting for us at EICMA this year, and first up is the 2014 Benelli BN600GT. Based on the Benelli BN600 that debuted last year (which the company is now confusingly calling the Benelli BN600R*

rideapart.com 2013 EICMA Preview: 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 And 500 ? Leaked Launch Invite Reveals Name
TweetMotociclismo.it snagged this photo of the invitation to the unveiling of the 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 500. Until now, we haven?t known the name of the new baby Hog.*

cyrilhuzeblog.com Fast Motorcycle Industry News
US Motorcycle Sales Sharply Up in September. Only 1% For Year To Date. According to the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) September on-highway motorcycle sales jumped 16.1% versus same month last year for a total of*

rideapart.com 6 Steps: How To Ford Deep Water On A Dirt Bike
TweetSplashing through a stream or a river on a motorcycle is about as fun as it gets. It?s easy too, here?s how to ford deep water on a dirt bike, safely. Step One: Make Sure It?s Not Too Deep New water crossing in an unknown*

The Commute

i-vkFC3qF-M.jpg

Gassing up for the Monday carpool.

FWIW

theconversation.com Hoax highlights the pitfalls and perils of open access publishing
Open access has become the catch-cry of academic science, demanding all research be freely available to anyone. But it leaves open the question of how publishers are to make money. Traditionally, libraries subscribed to print*

gizmag.com Lockheed Martin developing successor to the SR-71 Blackbird
When the last SR-71 Blackbird was grounded in 1998 it was a double blow. Not only did aviation lose one of the most advanced aircraft ever built, but also one of the most beautiful. Lockheed Martin?s Skunk Works has now revealed*

i-jSffgZm-S.jpg

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-mpLtHcV-XL.jpg

i-LF4p6Mp.jpg

i-Mk6bkwJ.jpg

i-ZCmtkvL.jpg

i-bHDMjBn.jpg

Wednesday, 6 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com Interview ? Guintoli focusing on 2014 and recovery
Sylvain Guintoli has proudly announced few days ago that he will contest the 2014 eni FIM Superbike World Championship with the factory Aprilia team. The Frenchman, who*

hondaproracing.com Q&A with Pata Honda World Superbike rider Leon Haslam

bikesportnews.com Honda launches track-focused Fireblade SP
More power, less weight. Ohlins, innit..

MotoGP

motogp.com Down to the wire: Marquez VS Lorenzo
In Valencia this weekend, MotoGP? fans the world over will enjoy a final-race decider for the first time in seven years. On the last occasion of such an occurrence, a Repsol Honda Team rider claimed his first World*

motogp.com Marquez neck ?much better? ahead of finale
Marc Marquez is poised to make history in Valencia this weekend, heading to the Ricardo Tormo circuit*

motomatters.com Aprilia To Return To MotoGP In 2016 - Just In Time For A Rule Change?
There is a lot of fascinating news coming out of this week's EICMA motorcycle show in Milan: the boom in smaller capacity motorcycles, an upgraded Fireblade, a massive push from MV Agusta, details of which can be found on*
AND
bbc.co.uk Aprilia confirms 2016 factory move
Italian manufacturer Aprilia confirms its plans to return to MotoGP as a full factory team in 2016

Formula One

jamesallenonf1.com Did Ferrari allow their drivers to race? and other strategy stories ? analysis
Although Sebastian Vettel made a mistake in qualifying for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, his rivals were not able to press home their advantage and control him on race day, as he took the lead at the start from team-mate Mark*

f1times.com Williams haven't made contact with Brawn
Whilst speculation has linked Ross Brawn to Williams for next season, team principal and founder Sir Frank Williams admits no contact has been made between the two. Brawn, who started his career at Williams in 1978, looks set*

On the Street

motorcycle-usa.com 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 First Look
Ducati announced its new 2014 Monster 1200 and 1200 S during the 2013 EICMA show in Italy

cycleworl.com BMW Motorrad 2014 Rider?s Equipment
BMW Motorrad Press Release: BMW*Motorrad riders and fans can look forward to a wealth of new developments and upgrades of tried and tested products. Rider equipment with first-rate safety features

canadamotorcycleguide.com EICMA: Triumph announces touring cruisers, says a 250 is on the way
There's a couple new baggers coming from Triumph, and the company has confirmed their quarter-litre project.

cycleworld.com Husqvarna Supermoto Prototype Unveiled
Husqvarna Motorcycles Press Release: Offering a glimpse of the future Husqvarna Motorcycles have unveiled a prototype Husqvarna 701 supermoto bike at the EICMA international motorcycle show in Milan, Italy.

sportrider.com 2014 Honda Sportbikes
2014 Honda SportbikesNew CBR1000RR SP, updated CBR1000RR and the GromNew and Updated Models Photo Gallery: 2014 Honda Sportbikes - Sport Rider Magazine2014 Honda Sportbikes | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

rideapart.com 2013 EICMA: 2014 Brough Superior SS100 ? Legendary Brand Returns With All-New Bike
TweetMore 2013 EICMA News >> Ninety years after the debut of the first SS100, the brand is returning with an all-new motorcycle modeled after it. The 2014 Brough Superior SS100 isn?t just retro styling though, its performance is*

dealernews.com Caterham to target North America with radically designed motorcycles
CRAWLEY, Sussex, United Kingdom ? The British motorcycle industry has a new contender: Caterham Group has launched its first motorcycle division, Caterham Bikes, with three radically-designed prototype models.

dealernews.com MV Agusta Turismo Veloce: A new take on touring
VARESE, Italy - MV Agusta has introduced a new take on the touring motorcycle with the Turismo Veloce 800 and the Turismo Veloce Lusso 800. Built on the same platform, the 800 is more of a sport option

motorsportnewswire.com Multiple Continents Represented at 2013 Motorcycle Safety Foundation/ifz International Motorcycle Safety Conference
MSF Hosts Worldwide Safety Experts at AIMExpo IRVINE, CA ? November 5, 2013 ? (Motor Sports Newswire) ? The 2013 Motorcycle Safety Foundation/ifz International Motorcycle Safety Conference saw four continents, 23 countries*

visordown.com New S1000RR-powered Bimota
TAKE the 193hp S1000RR engine, put it in a new chassis weighing slightly more than the one it came from and sell it for more money. It's not a business plan we'd like to take on Dragon's Den but we do like the outcome.Bimota's*

sportrider.com 2014 BMW S 1000 R First Look
2014 BMW S 1000 R First LookHigh-performance roadster based on the S 1000 RRBMW has introduced a 160-horsepower, 456-pound naked bike, the S 1000 R. The new model is heavily based on the company's S 1000 RR*

rideapart.com 2013 Eicma: 2014 Bmw R 1200 Rt
TweetBMW unveiled their new 2014 BMW R 1200 RT at the EICMA show today in Milan. Here are the details. More 2013 EICMA News >> The boxer engine on the R 1200 RT was derived from the 1200 cc water-cooled boxer engine on*

asphaltandrubber.com Triumph Confirms 250cc Motorcycle is Coming for 2015
At Triumph?s EICMA press presentation today, the British brand confirmed that it would have a small-displacement world market bike for the 2015 model year. Showing a very sporty concept sketch of the machine, Triumph also*

visordown.com Super Tenere gets tweaked
YAMAHA?S Super Tenere twin deserves better. With a spec designed to meet BMW?s market-leading R1200GS head-on it should have been a success from day one, but it was launched into the teeth of a declining western-world*

visordown.com 2014 Honda VFR800F
HONDA launched the new VFR800F today at the Milan motorcycle show.The new bike supercedes the current VFR800 and Honda say they?ve developed it with a close eye on feedback from owners of the current VFR800.The frame*

The Commute

i-8BCKSQJ-M.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

The new S 1000 R.
Superbike riding dynamics and powerful, emotive roadster styling ? these are the hallmarks of the new BMW S 1000 R. The new naked bike from BMW Motorrad is directly derived from the S 1000 RR...More

BMW Motorrad and Dainese agree on longterm cooperation.
Munich / Molvena. BMW Motorrad and Dainese have announced that they are to cooperate in a joint development of innovative motorcycle safety clothing for BMW Motorrad. Taking the Dainese D-Air? Protect System as its starting...More

Modern-day legends - special collection by BMW Motorrad and Belstaff. Classic biker jackets testify to shared values.
Two tradition-steeped brands, two success stories, a single passion: BMW Motorrad and British luxury clothing company Belstaff stand for premium quality, ergonomic forms and distinctive design....More

The new BMW R 1200 RT.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? November 5, 2013?The introduction of the new BMW R 1200 RT raises the bar, yet again, for dynamic touring bikes. The initials RT have always been synonymous with supremely comfortable, highly dynamic...More

BMW Motorrad Rider?s Equipment ? 2014 Collection
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? November 5, 2013?BMW Motorrad riders and fans can look forward to a wealth of new developments and upgrades of tried and tested products. Rider equipment with first-rate safety features...More

BMW Group on course after good third quarter
Group revenues in third quarter at ? 18.75 billion +++ Profit before taxes of approximately ? 1.99 billion +++ Third-quarter net profit rises to ? 1.33 billion +++ Nine-month Group revenues at approximately ? 55.85 billion +++ Nine-...More

BMW Group Quarterly Report to 30 September 2013
BMW Group Quarterly Report to 30 September 2013...More

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-SkgXsLD-M.jpg

Friday, 8 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

Today a video edition for you.

MotoGP

VIDEO #LorenzoVsMarquez: In the footsteps of the title candidates

VIDEO LorenzoVsMarquez: Marquez gets some extra practice

Formula One

Honda has produced an video Sound of Honda - Ayrton Senna 1989 making an audio lap of Suzuka to promote the return of the sound of Honda to F1 and honoring Ayrton Senns. Great sound. Take an on board trip down memory lane with Sena at Suzuka in 1989

video Formula 1, 1989 Suzuka onboard with Ayrton Senns, Part 1
video Formula 1, 1989 Suzuka onboard with Ayrton Senns, Part 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zOXnMtwqKiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

VIDEO Yamaha FZ6R Walkaround

VIDEO 013 EICMA Live MV AGUSTA stand [IT]

VIDEO 2013 EICMA Live SUZUKI stand [IT]

VIDEO 2013 EICMA Live KAWASAKI stand

VIDEO EICMA 2013 | Bimota [IT]

VIDEO Stand Indian Motorcycles at EICMA 2013

VIDEO 2013 EICMA Live KTM stand

VIDEO 2013 EICMA Live HONDA stand

VIDEO 2013 EICMA Live HARLEY-DAVIDSON stand

VIDEO 2013 EICMA Live BMW stand

VIDEO EICMA 2013 - Touratech (USA)

VIDEO NEW Touratech BMW R1200GS Adventure in Zimbabwe (first impression)

VIDEO 2014 Brough Superior S.S.100 - EICMA 2013 Milan Motorcycle Show

VIDEO The new BMW S 1000 R Driving Review | AutoMotoTV

VIDEO The new BMW S 1000 R Design | AutoMotoTV

VIDEO The new BMW R 1200 RT Design | AutoMotoTV

VIDEO 2014 Honda CBR1000RR SP - EICMA 2013 Milan Motorcycle Show

The MotherShip PressClub

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yFl2y_zA6ak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

FWIW

Reference Library

Bike Candy

Champions Moto Bespoke Cafe Racers - Jay Leno's Garage

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yUtTWvV_19Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Friday, 8 November Racing Update :

SBK

MotoGP

hondaproracing.com Repsol Honda duo on top after first day in Valencia
It?s been a positive first day for the Repsol Honda team in Valencia, with Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa*finishing on the top of the time sheets.

fim-live.com Lorenzo "satisfied with practice"
Action got underway today at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia ahead of this Sunday's championship showdown, the Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat*

bikesportnews.com MotoGP Valencia: Marquez continues to lead
He just stays ahead of Pedrosa in the afternoon session

bikesportnews.com MotoGP Valencia: All Friday's practice times
All the times from today's sessions in Spain

motogp.com Crash for Crutchlow on last Tech3 Friday
Cal Crutchlow warmed up for his final appearance in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team in Valencia with a pacey performance and a crash in practice at the tight and*

im-live.com Rossi announces parting of ways with Burgess
After 14 seasons working together in the World Championship Valentino Rossi and his Crew Chief Jeremy Burgess will part ways following this weekend's Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana.The pair have enjoyed one of the most fruitful working relationships in the history of Grand Prix racing, having won seven world titles in the premier*

bikesportnews.com MotoGP Valencia: Burgess 'blindsided' by Rossi split
He wasn't expecting to not have his contract renewed

bikesportnews.com MotoGP Valencia: Hayden 'expecting a lot' from Honda production racer
He says when Honda get serious, they get serious

1451544_607787699257455_157942861_n.jpg

Formula 1

formula1.com USA preview quotes - Red Bull, Lotus, Caterham, Sauber & more
Round 18 of the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship sees the paddock return to the much-lauded Circuit of The Americas (COTA) in*

telegraph.co.uk Bernie Ecclestone asks to 'go back on' evidence in High Court
Formula One: chief executive asks High Court for 'more time to prepare' as he is accused of gaining $41m from sale to CVC.**

1461376_608211199215105_1929169856_n.jpg

I personally have high hopes for Nicki Hayden on the new Honda and wish them well.

As for Bernie and his F-1 financial problems I am not sure yet how i feel. ( I should have such a problem ):D
IMHO he is a snake in the grass, but without him and his minions I wonder what would be the state of F -1 today.

Saturday, 9 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

SBK

suzuki-racing.com\ Crescent Suzuki & Camier Part Company
Crescent Suzuki bids Leon Camier a fond and regrettable farewell as his second year with the team has drawn to a close.

worldsbk.com Davide Giugliano happy with his new ride
Davide Giugliano was welcomed by a large and vocal crowd today at EICMA, as he once again stepped onto the SBK Paddock Show stage. The 2011 STK1000 Champion entertained the fans and answered to many questions

bbc.co.uk Eugene Laverty is set to ride for the Fixi Crescent Suzuki*World Superbike*team in 2014, with an option to move into the MotoGP class on a Suzuki the following*

MotoGP

sportriderc.om HRC unveils RCV1000R Production Racer MotoGP bike
HRC unveils RCV1000R Production Racer MotoGP bikeBike to available for teams to use in ?&#128;&#156;Open?&#128;? MotoGP class utilizing spec Marelli electronics software, 24 liters of fuel, and 12 engines per seasonHRC (Honda Racing*

motomatters.com 2013 Valencia MotoGP Friday Round Up: MotoGP Mind Games, Burgess' Dignity, And Rossi's Swansong
MotoGP fans have been rubbing their hands in anticipation of this weekend's final round of the championship. The race has everything: a mental Moto3 race to be decided outright by the rider who wins, with just five points*

VIDEO MotoGP? Valencia 2013 Friday's best riders - #LorenzoVSMarquez
VIDEO Valencia 2013 - Honda Technical Preview
VIDEO Valencia 2013 - Yamaha Technical Preview
VIDEO Valencia 2013 - Ducati Technical Preview
SATURDAY

motogp.com Marquez registers fastest ever lap at Valencia

After a quick practice title chaser Marc Marquez registered a new pole record of 1'30.237 in the final stages of Q2 at Valencia, putting himself ahead of Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa on the grid

1 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'30.237
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'30.577
3 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 1'30.663
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 1'30.920
5 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'31.113
6 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 1'31.201
7 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA GO&FUN Honda Gresini HONDA 1'31.594
8 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 1'31.638 0
9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 1'31.718
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team DUCATI 1'31.870
11 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing DUCATI 1'31.963
12 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Came IodaRacing Project IODA-SUTER 1'33.116

Formula One

nbcsports.com Webber targeting Le Mans glory as retirement looms
Mark Webber is already setting his sights on his first victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans as he enters his final two weeks as a Formula One driver. The thirty-seven year old Australian made his F1 debut in 2002 with Minardi,

lotusf1team.com Kimi R?ikk?nen Enticed by US Lifestyle
Kimi heads to Austin looking for a longer race than last time out, and expecting to enjoy some good ol' fashioned American hospitality*

f1times.com Ecclestone 'bribed' team bosses with $10 million

bbc.co.uk Under fire Ecclestone has never been more powerful
F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone's prowess will be tested in court, but within the sport itself he has never been more powerful

Other Racing

MC

superbikeplanet.com Team orders: Interesting concept

On the Street

cycleworld.com BMW Motorrad Breaks 100,000 Unit Benchmark
BMW Motorrad Press Release: After ten months, BMW Motorrad sales are 8.5 % above the previous year. 101,530 motorcycles and maxi scooters have been supplied as of October (prev. yr.: 93,540 units). Within the month sales*

motorcycledaily.com 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Will Be Priced at $12,699; Comparison With Competitors
Suzuki has announced pricing for the 2014 V-Strom 1000 ABS. *The U.S. MSRP will be $12,699, while the ?Adventure? version (delivered with integrated saddlebags) will be priced at $13,999. *Suzuki says the standard version will*

rideapart.com The Best Motorcycle Back Protectors For Any Ride
TweetInjuring your back is one of the worst things you can do. Fortunately, it?s also an easy area of the body to add serious protection to. No matter who you are, what you wear or how you ride, you can benefit from wearing one.*

cycleworld.com On The Record: Mark-Hans Richer Harley-Davidson Chief Marketing Officer talks new Street V-twin.
Milan is the best place to launch a new global motorcycle. More than half of our dealer body is outside the United States, and the Street is designed for international, as well as American, customers?folks who are looking to get*

asphatandrubber.com Coming Soon: Honda Gold Wing F6C
The force is strong with the Bothan Spy network today, as we have received news that Honda is set to debut a naked-style power cruiser, named the Honda Gold Wing F6C

motorcycle-usa.com 2013 EICMA Milan Bike Show Recap
The 2013 Milan Bike Show proved busy as usual, as manufacturers debuted their latest models at EICMA. Catch up on all the details.

rideapart.com Best Ways To Improve Braking Performance ? From Full Speed To Full Stop
TweetBraking performance is one of the most overlooked figures, while also being one of the most important. The ability to stop gives you the ability to go fast, so you really should work on you bike?s braking performance before*

visordown.com New Vespa Primavera
THIS*is the new Vespa Primavera, named after the classic 1960s*scooter of the same name.It comes as a 125cc or 150cc four-stroke and*50cc two-stroke.The 150 and 125*models have a new air-cooled three-valve single-

asphaltandrubber.com 2014 Honda CBR650F ? More of a Good Thing
We didn?t get the Honda CBR600F here in the States, so it seems unlikely that we will get that bike?s successor, the 2014 Honda CBR650F. Taking the popular road bike platform, and slapping an obvious 50cc of additional*

rideapart.com Federal Government Weighs National Helmet Law
TweetIn a controversial move, a federal task force is set to recommend a sweeping, nationwide mandatory helmet law for all motorcyclists, according to a spokesman for the AMA. The legislation for a national helmet law would*

motorcycle-usa.com 2014 Honda CBR300R First Look
Honda has decided to follow suit with what Kawasaki has done with its Ninja 300R this year, boosting the displacement of its CBR250R.

asphaltandrubber.com 2014 Yamaha MT-09 Street Rally ? Three Cylinders of Hoon
We wouldn?t call it a new model from Yamaha, but one of the new releases from the tuning fork brand at the 2013 EICMA show is the*2014 Yamaha MT-09 Street Rally. A collection of bolt-on pieces for your Yamaha MT-09

dealernews.com Zero simplifies 2014 lineup to reduce certain MSRP
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - Electric manufacturer Zero Motorcycles has announced a streamlined 2014 model lineup, focusing on the Zero S streetfighter, Zero DS dual sport and Zero FX stealthfighter platforms. A sportier version of the*

cycleworld.com 2014 Benelli BN600GT ? First Look Chinese middleweight sport-tourer shown in Milan.
Benelli is living a much more positive existence than some might think. In fact, the Pesaro, Italy-based factory acts as a huge R&D department for its parent company, China?s QJ. A few models developed and validated in Italy are*

rideapart.com Best Motorcycles of 2013 EICMA
TweetMore 2013 EICMA News >> Style and substance are two qualities that rarely come together. But surely, that?s the whole point of having a motorcycle show in Milan, right? Here are the bikes that manage to do both and more

RECALLs

Transport Canada and BMW issued a recall on the F800ST, and F800S models
On certain motorcycles, the rear wheel bearing could wear abnormally, which would cause play in the rear wheel assembly. This could be noticed though an abnormal noise or harshness during riding. In some cases,...

The MotherShip PressClub

90 Years of BMW Motorrad celebrated at Salon Moto L?gende
More than 25,000 visitors flocked to the French capital to visit the 16th edition of the Salon Moto L?gende, where BMW Motorrad was a guest of honour with a special ?90 Years? display of motorcycles celebrating the proud and...More

All eyes on BMW Motorrad at EICMA 2013
Unstoppable BMW Motorrad innovation is stealing the show in Milan this week, as bike fans are flocking to the 71st EICMA international motorcycle show in Italy. This is the biggest motorcycle exhibition in the world and those...More

BMW Motorrad supplies over 100,000 vehicles for the first time as of October. Best October of all time with sales of 8,376.
After ten months, BMW Motorrad sales are 8.5 % above the previous year. 101,530 motorcycles and maxi scooters have been supplied as of October (prev. yr.: 93,540 units). Within the month sales increased by 10.3 % to reach...More

BMW Group Canada reports October 2013 sales results.
All BMW Group brands post record October results....More

Cage World

visordown.com Milton Keynes to introduce 'driverless cars'
DRIVERLESS cars are soon to be tested for the first time in a UK town.The government backed scheme will introduce 20 driver-operated pods in 2015 which will transport people on designated pathways at a maximum speed of*

autobloggreen.com Report: Gas prices could fall below $3/gallon before year's end
Filed under: Etc., Videos Here's a welcome holiday present for motorists - gas prices may fall below $3 a gallon before year's end, with*
autoblog.com Report: BMW-Toyota partnership to spawn hybrid supercar
Filed under: Hybrid, Performance, BMW, Toyota, Luxury BMW and Toyota inked a partnership some time ago to develop green technology, and while we were excited by the idea of a reborn Supra with BMW's carbon fiber reinforced*

VIDEO The Three Stooges - Dizzy Detectives - 1943

VIDEO The Three Stooges episode 28 (Termites) 1938 full video

VIDEO Daffy Duck Cartoon To Duck Or Not To Duck HD

VIDEO Rawhide Tv Pilot Clint Eastwood

VIDEO The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

FWIW

rideapart.com How To Go Motorcycle Camping On a Budget
TweetGoing camping by bike is our favorite thing to do here at RideApart. Whether you?re riding far out into the woods to camp, swim, climb or just saving money on travel expenses, there?s nothing quite like riding your*

gizmag.com Fimbulvetr promises a new direction with lightweight thermoplastic snowshoes
It may look like a big slice of Swiss cheese, but the Fimbulvetr snowshoe is actually a high-end sporting good product from Norway. A series of high-tech components, including a thermoplastic elastomer body and an innovative*

gizmag.com Chocolate lovers rejoice: More chocolate means less body fat
In what may be the best news for chocoholics since scientists at the University of Cambridge found that higher chocolate consumption was*

gizmag.com Harvard scientists develop a transistor that learns
In a development that may enable a wholly new approach to artificial intelligence, researchers at Harvard University's School of Engineering and Applied Sciences have invented a type of transistor that can learn in ways*

TED: Mikko Hypponen: How the NSA betrayed the world's trust -- time to act - Mikko Hypponen
Recent events have highlighted, underlined and bolded the fact that the United States is performing blanket surveillance on any foreigner whose data passes through an American entity -- whether they are suspected of*

Reference Library

Bike Candy

BikeEXIF: BMW R1200 BY GIULIO PAZ DESIGN

bmw-r1200-custom.jpg

Thursday, 14 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

SBK

cycleeworld.com WSBK: Laverty to Head Crescent Suzuki 2014 Campaign
Crescent Motorcycles Press Release: Crescent Suzuki is delighted to announce the signing of this season?s eni FIM Superbike World Championship runner-up Eugene Laverty to lead the team?s assault on next*

MotoGP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EcH3S5Ugc38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Formula One

US Grand Prix
USA Preview
Stewards Biographies
Media Kit
Circuit Map
Circuit Information

jamesallenonf1.com US Grand Prix ? Already an F1 favourite but What kind of race will we get?
The world championship has been decided, but Formula 1 still has plenty of energy for its second visit to Austin, Texas, which proved a huge hit with teams, drivers and fans last season

formula1.com Perez to leave McLaren at end of 2013
Sergio Perez has confirmed he will leave McLaren at the end of 2013 after just a single season with the British team. It follows widespread speculation that McLaren are set t

express.co.uk Robert Kubica so driven to get back into F1
THE MEN Robert Kubica would rather be competing against are swaggering around in the warmth and comfort of Texas this weekend while he hurtles through the dark forests of Wales

f1times.com Manager confirms Schumacher turned Lotus down
Michael Schumacher turned Lotus down after they enquired as to whether he would be interested in coming out of retirement to replace Kimi Raikkonen for the final two races of the season.*

Other Racing

MC

VIDEO Cafe Racer at the Track! Putting Triumph's Thruxton On The Podium - On Two Wheels Ep. 46

On the Street

visordown.com Wherefore art thou, Yamaha 250?
ONE bike conspicuously missing from the torrent of new models at the EICMA show in Milan last week was the long-awaited Yamaha 250cc sports bike. So where is it?The bike, speculated to be called the YZF-R250 when launched*

visordown.com UK's top-selling motorcycles in October 2013
MOTORCYCLE sales figures have recently been published by the Motorcycle Industry Association for October 2013.Sales of motorcycles overall are 10% up on the same month last year, with 5,955 registered, compared to 5,407 in*

motorcycle-usa.com Brough is Back with Brough Superior SS100
Mark Upham and team have launched a new Brough Superior SS100 to coincide with the 90th anniversary of the release of the original SS100

rideapart.com Best Motorcycle Leather Jackets Under $700
TweetThere?s nothing like a good leather motorcycle jacket. The style speaks volumes to who you are and the wear marks and scuffs speak to where you?ve been. Here are some of the best motorcycle leather jackets available*

cycleworld.com WHERE IS IT MADE? 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 Is this affordable new Harley from India? Or Kansas City? We tell you the complete story.
There seems to be some confusion online about where the new Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 models are going to be built. Perhaps because these small, liquid-cooled bikes (priced at $7,500 and $6,700,*

motorcyclenews.com More motorcycles could mean fewer casualties
According to a recent poll from the AA, 85% of drivers say that motorcyclists are 'hard to see'. The stats were presented by the current president of the AA, Edmund King, whilst addressing a motorcycling conference on 'Sharing The*

dealernews.com Elio wins motorcycle license exemption in Michigan
DETROIT, Mich. -*Startup transportation company Elio Motors has won unanimous passage of Senate Bill 390, removing the technical requirement for motorcycle license endorsements for autocycles in Michigan.

cyrilhuzeblog.com Triumph To Launch 250 cc Motorcycle
The competition for the small motorcycle market, from 250 to 750 cc, intensifies. Last week at the 2013 Milan EICMA (International Motorcycle Exhibition) Triumph gave to the media a sketch of their upcoming single 250*

rideaparte.com 5 Things You Need To Know About Motorcycle Tire Pressure
TweetTire pressure is the most easily adjusted variable on your motorcycle and also one of the most crucial. But the vast majority of us are guilty of neglecting it and, even if we do check it regularly, failing to take full advantage*

VIDEO Touratech USA EICMA 2013

RECALLs

NTSA and H-D ( 13V491000 )
Dated: OCT 01, 2013 Harley-Davidson Motor Company (Harley-Davidson) is recalling certain model year 2014 Trike motorcycles manufactured July 24, 2013, through September 2, 2013. Due to an incorrectly machined part, the*

The Commute

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qvNw02DyAgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The MotherShip PressClub

The BMW Motorrad mobile website for when you're out and about....More

Cage World
VIDEO Volvo Trucks: Hamster Stunt - The Complete Story

FWIW

Reference Library

Bike Candy

rideapart.com The World?s Biggest Motorcycle ? Meet The Leonhardt Gunbus 410
TweetIt may have been around for a couple years but we?re still none the wiser as to why the Leonhardt Gunbus 410 was ever built or who it?s actually intended for, or if one has ever been sold. The German manufacturer claims*

gunbus-4-770x575.jpg

gunbus-3-770x572.jpg

gunbus-9-770x575.jpg

Friday, 15 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

SBK

bikesportnews.com Corser, Larsen re-united in World Superbike Evo effort
The pair are putting the band back together...

MotoGP

fim-live.com History maker Marquez concludes 2013 on top
This week's crucial Valencia MotoGP? test concluded on Wednesday afternoon with new World Champion Marc Marquez the top man again.After trying three different prototypes on Tuesday as he set the best time, Marquez worked on his 2014 bike on the final day of the test ? finishing at the head of the list of 14 riders present with a best lap of*

motorcycle-usa.com First 2014 MotoGP Test Concludes
MotoGP riders completed the first test ahead of the 2014 season after three days on track at Valencia.

motogp.com Pedrosa undergoes successful operation
Dani Pedrosa has emerged from successful surgery in Barcelona, having elected to visit Dr. Xavier Mir directly from this week?s test session in Valencia.

bikesportnews.com 'Faster is nearly impossible', says Ducati's Crutchlow
After three days on the bike, he has found the limit

motomattersx.com Race Director Mike Webb Interview, Part 1: On Penalty Points, Precedent, Jerez, Sepang And Whether Motorcycle Racing Is A Contact Sport
It has been a busy year for MotoGP Race Director Mike Webb. Since taking on the job of ensuring that MotoGP events take place safely and efficiently, stepping into the shoes vacated by Paul Butler at the start of the 2012 season,*

VIDEO MotoGP? Workshop - Honda on role of sensors

Formula One

2013 United States Grand Prix
Thursday Press Conference Transcript

DRIVERS ? Pastor MALDONADO (Williams), Jules BIANCHI (Marussia), Paul DI
RESTA (Force India), Esteban GUTIERREZ (Sauber), Sergio PEREZ (McLaren)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-mercedes-hamiltons-chassis-cracked-230330258?f1.html]eurosport.yahoo.com Mercedes ? Hamilton chassis cracked

mclaren.com Kevin Magnussen confirmed as McLaren Formula 1 race driver for 2014
McLaren is pleased to announce that Kevin Magnussen will join Jenson Button as a McLaren Formula 1 race driver for 2014 ? Jenson?s fifth year*

bbc.co.uk Kovalainen in for Raikkonen at Lotus
Heikki Kovalainen replaces Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus for the rest of the season after Michael Schumacher declines the drive.

i-NtrjH8L.jpg

Other Racing

Cage and...

bbc.co.uk Racer Franchitti forced to retire
Four-time IndyCar champion Dario Franchitti retires on doctors' advice after being injured in a spectacular high-speed crash.

VIDEO Where genius meets ridiculous - Red Bull Trolley Grand Prix 2013

On the Street

cyrrilhuzeblog.com Fast Motorcycle Industry News
Harley-Davidson Will Launch First The Street 750 In India. Not the Street 500. Without any given justification for this decision, Harley-Davidson India mentioned in its Facebook page that the Street 750 will be the first Street*

canadamotorcycleguide.com BMW sales rising
German manufacturer doing well, despite global financial slowdown.

motorcycle-usa.com Learning to Ride: First Ride
One of the best parts of learning to ride is actually logging some miles, and that first time on the road is an experience unlike any other.

rideapart.com How To Pull A Bike Out Of Deep Gravel, Sand Or Mud
TweetHere?s a problem I have to tackle pretty much every single day. My garage lies at the end of a narrow, two-car-long driveway covered in deep, deep gravel. Often, there?s no room to turn the bike around in the packed*

rideapart.com Five Great Bikes That Are Made In India
TweetThe 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and 500 appear to be made in India and assembled in America. So what? The Subcontinent knows how to make a fantastic motorcycle. Here?s five great bikes that are made in India.*

dealernews.com Dainese unveils new touring, sport and track gear
MOLVENA, Italy ? Dainese has a long list of new riding gear that will be available in November, including options for touring, sport and track riding. The company has also teamed up with BMW to produce the DoubleR RaceAir*

VIDEO 2014 new Brough Superior SS 100 launched at EICMA 2013 promo video

VIDEO Aprilia RSV4 Factory/R Official Video

The Commute

i-SLn3kQ8.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

Destination Canada for International GS Trophy 2014
For the first time in its history, the 2014 BMW Motorrad International GS Trophy will take place in the northern hemisphere, with 16 teams comprising participants from at least 18 nations set to rendezvous in Canada to contest...More

BMW riders ready for action at Macau
This weekend will see road racing, short circuit and endurance riders from across the world take to the grid at the 6.2km Guia street circuit for the 47th Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix. This exciting event takes place in November...More

The birth of a legend
At the time of the R 80 G/S launch in 1980, the idea of an all-terrain 800cc flat-twin was revolutionary, to say the least. Off-road motorcycles were rarely bigger than middleweight capacity and clearly defined in their specialised...More

Cage World

autobloggreen.com Report: Quanta wants to upgrade your Chevy Corvette to a hybrid
Filed under: Hybrid, Chevrolet Imagine stuffing six Toyota Prius engines into a single Chevrolet Corvette. The fuel economy would probably suffer, but the car's pick-up sure would be impressive. And that's sort of what Maryland-

foxnews.com SolarCity teams up with BMW

FWIW

motosportretro.com Brabham fan car
Adrian Newey, genius. Gordon Murray, ?God?. Racing rules are very definitive so it takes brilliant and inventive minds to find loopholes. Newey has made a skill of it, as did Murray.

TED: Stefan Larsson: What doctors can learn from each other - Stefan Larsson
Different hospitals produce different results on different procedures. Only, patients don?t know that data,*

technotlogyreview.com The Power of Networks - Answer
What can a network learn that an individual cannot?We asked this question because we believe that society is on the verge of an unprecedented era of learning. Humanity has always been hard-wired to accumulate knowledge,*

Reference Library

Bike Candy

BMW R11 1930

i-9m85QKB-M.jpg

Saturday, 16 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com FIM Press Release - WSBK WSS & STK1000 Regulation Changes for 2014
The FIM, F?d?ration Internationale de Motociclisme, has issued a press release following the Superbike commission met at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit last 8 November, regarding the FIM Superbike and Supersport World*

motomatterscom WSBK Rules Update: Testing Restricted, Superpole Scrapped, MotoGP Qualifying And Penalty Points Adopted
The World Superbike championship remains in a state of flux

ducati.com Ducati announces its World Superbike program for 2014

fim-live.com MV Agusta back with Yakhnich
Barcelona (Spain), Friday 15 November 2013 - After more than 37 years from the last World Championship win (G. Agostini, Nurburgring, 1976), MV Agusta makes its official comeback to international motorcycle racing. The iconic*

motorcycle-usa.com Ducati & MV Agusta Ramping Up for WSBK
Ducati and MV Agusta are ramping up efforts in the FIM Superbike World Championship for 2014 and beyond.

worldsbk.com Michel Fabrizio joins Team Grillini
Team Grillini has signed a deal with Michel Fabrizio to race the 2014 eni FIM Superbike World Championship in the newly-born Superbike EVO class. Fabrizio, multiple race winner in the series, will ride a ZX-10R EVO-spec*

MotoGP

motogp.com Pedrosa upbeat following Thursday surgery
Dani Pedrosa looks forward to his recuperation period, having undergone surgery in Barcelona on Thursday immediately after the MotoGP? test session in Valencia.

Formula One

2013 United States Grand Prix - Friday Press Conference
Transcript of the Friday press conference organised by the FIA

SAT 16.11.13, 12:12AM
TEAM REPRESENTATIVES ? Sam MICHAEL (McLaren), Rob WHITE (Renault Sport F1), Nick CHESTER (Lotus), Paddy LOWE (Mercedes), Adrian NEWEY (Red Bull Racing), James ALLISON (Ferrari)

formula1.com Friday analysis - Red Bull and Kovalainen star in Texas
After delays because of fog which initially prevented the medical helicopter from landing, then a red flag period because the machine developed problems, FP1 saw Alonso, Button and Bottas setting the pace. By FP2,*

racintoday.com Power Unit Turbo Talk Heats Up COTA Weekend
By John Sturbin | Senior Writer RacinToday.com AUSTIN, Texas ? While Sebastian Vettel?s Formula One World Victory Tour continues through Circuit of The Americas this weekend, the sport?s technical directors are dickering*

jalopnik.com The Ten Most Ingenious F1 'Cheats' Ever
There are many ways that teams 'cheat' in F1 in order to get ahead. Like ordering your driver into a wall, or blocking a corner "by accident." The best 'cheats' don't break the rules, but bend them using technological loopholes

On the Street

asphaltandrubber.com Watch Jeremy McWilliams Embarrass Some Journalists at the Track While on a KTM 1290 Super Duke R
Judging from how the KTM 1290 Super Duke R stacks up against its competition (like the Aprilia Tuono V4*

motorcycle-usa.com First look ? Polaris Sportsman WV850 HO
FWIW: Look mom, no pneumatic tires

motorsportsnewswire.com Nelson Rigg UV-2000 ? Cover
SANTA ANA, CA ? November 15, 2013 ? (Motor Sports Newswire) ? The Nelson Rigg UV-2000 ? Cover sets the standard for features and performance for riders needing only a protective half cover for their bikes.

rideapart.com Ask RideApart: What Is The Best Performance Motorcycle For The Street
TweetYou ask, the community answers. It?s Ask RideApart. This week: What is the best performance motorcycle for the street? Reader Kevin writes: ?What?s the best performance motorcycle for the street?

visordown.com Police officer resigns after drag race
A US police officer has resigned after being caught on camera racing a member of the public from the lights.The incident happened in Montgomery, Alabama*last Sunday and was filmed by*Lawrence Spillers who*was waiting*

motorcycle-usa.com Paul Teutul, Sr. - Fresh Start for OCC on CMT
Orange County Choppers' Paul Teutul, Sr. is excited about OCC's move to CMT. Senior brings MotoUSA up to date on OCC's current direction in this interview*

The Commute

i-5Qx6mMF-S.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

Modern-day legends ? special collection by BMW Motorrad and Belstaff.
Munich. Two tradition-steeped brands, two success stories, a single passion: BMW Motorrad and British luxury clothing company Belstaff stand for premium quality, ergonomic forms and distinctive design...More

BMW Motorrad to attend the Milipol 2013. Visionary authority version of the C evolution to be launched.
Munich. BMW Motorrad is to attend the 18th Milipol in Paris on 19-22 November 2013, where it will be displaying its range of authority vehicles and special-purpose equipment for authority riders....More

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HKxBfKXgNI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

bloomberg.com Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW)'s bid to save its cars from potential extinction starts with hundreds of thousands of fine white strands snaking upwards in a production hall in rural Washington.

gizmag.com Road-legal Batmobile replica up for auction
Historics auction house in Surrey, UK, is listing a fully road-legal Batmobile for sale. It?s not an original ? the car is a replica of the vehicle used by Michael Keaton

jalopnik.com Make-A-Wish Helps Batkid Takes Over San Francisco With Lamborghinis
Five year old Miles, a Leukemia survivor, is taking over a Gothamized San Francisco today as part of a Make A Wish campaign. And they've planned this correctly: The SF Batkid has multiple Lamborghinis at his disposal.

jalopnik.com This Map Will Show You Drunk Driving Limits All Over The World
Do you live on Earth, drive a car, and occasionally drink? Then this map may be handy for you. It shows the blood alcohol level that each country uses to decide whether or not you're driving while you really shouldn't be

FWIW

TED: Jane McGonigal: Massively multi-player? thumb-wrestling? - Jane McGonigal
What happens when you get an entire audience to stand up and connect with one another?

VIA Adventure Motorcycle Magazine: off-grid.info How to open a can without a can opener

shoot_for_the_moon.png

VIDEO Woody Woodpecker the Barber of Seville 1944

VIDEO HOW TO PLAY GOLF 1944

VIDEO Mr. Moto's Last Warning (1939)

Reference Library

Bike Candy

i-6bXqf5d-L.jpg

Saturday, 16 November Racing Update :

SBK

hondaproracing.com Pata Honda completes Aragon test
Pata Honda completes Aragon test http://www.hondaproracing.com/sbk/news/?race_event_report=2787World SBK*

MotoGP

Formula 1

formula1.com FIA post-qualifying press conference - United States
Drivers: 1 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing), 2 - Mark Webber (Red Bull Racing), 3 - Romain Grosjean (Lotus)

fia.com Vettel seals pole position for US GP

fofrmula1.com Qualifying Analysis, Austin set for a Red Bull showdown

bbc.co.uk Vettel snatches pole from Webber
Sebastian Vettel snatches pole position from team-mate Mark Webber with the last lap of qualifying at the US GP.

bbc.co.uk Alonso suffering persistent headaches
Fernando Alonso reveals he has been suffering from persistent headaches since his 150mph incident at the Abu Dhabi GP

reuters. Com Motor racing-Perez not about to go quietly from McLaren
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov 16 (Reuters) - Sergio Perez gave McLaren food for thought on Saturday after comfortably outqualifying team mate Jenson Button at the U.S. Grand Prix only days after being told he was being dropped at the*

f1technical.net F1 discusses further cost cutting proposals
Bernie Ecclestone, the FIA and the team principals of the Formula One teams are currently discussing a number of radical proposals that should see costs in F1 dramatically*

VIDEO McLaren Day at Circuit of The Americas - Jay Leno's Garage

Other Racing

Motorcycle-usa.com Kurt Caselli Dies During 2013 Baja 1000
American KTM factory off-road racer Kurt Caselli has died during the 46th running of the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 off-road motorcycle race.

asphaltandrubber.com KTM and the Baja 1000 Release More Info on Kurt Caselli
Organizers of the*Baja 1000 and KTM Racing have both released press releases concerning the death of American racer Kurt Caselli, who unfortunately died today during the Baja 1000 race. While SCORE*

481004_604599039588929_1530469267_n.jpg

Sunday, 17 Novemebr Racing Update : USGP COTA and...

MotoGP

fim-live.com Cervera celebrate Marquez
For yet another year, thousands of fans take to the streets of Marc Marquez' home town to congratulate the MotoGP rookie title winner. The MotoGP World Championship concluded last weekend with the Valencian Grand Prix, and with a new title winner in Marc Marquez. His neighbours in Cervera, Lleida, took to the streets to celebrate upon the*

Formula 1

2013 United States Grand Prix

DRIVERS
2 ? Romain GROSJEAN (Lotus)
3 ? Mark WEBBER (Red Bull Racing)

Session Classifications

formula1.com Race - selected team and driver quotes
Sebastian Vettel on breaking yet another record; Romain Grosjean on being the meat in a Red Bull sandwich; Sergio Perez on a strong seventh place in front of so many of his countrymen; and Valtteri Bottas on scoring his first*

pirelli.com 2013 United States Grand Prix ? Race
Vettel wins in the United States with one pit stop Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel has taken his 12th win of the season and his first in the United States. The German chose a one-stop strategy, starting on the P Zero White medium*

bbc.co.uk Vettel takes record eighth win in row
Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel sets a new record for consecutive wins in a single season with victory in the United States Grand Prix.

formula1.com Sebastian Vettel Q&A: We're on a phenomenal run
With a dominant victory in the United States on Sunday, Sebastian Vettel broke yet another record, this time for consecutive race wins in one season. By claiming his eighth*

bbc.co.uk Ferrari praise Alonso achievement
Ferrari pay tribute to Fernando Alonso's "great achievement" in finishing second in the drivers' championship in their car.

reuters.com Motor racing-Grosjean blossoms into Lotus team leader
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov 17 (Reuters) - Romain Grosjean was hailed as a future Lotus leader on Sunday after second place at the U.S. Grand Prix highlighted just how much progress the Frenchman has made since his 'first lap*

reuters.com Motor racing-Bottas scores first points for Williams
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov 17 (Reuters) - After a weekend filled with accusations of favouritism and dirty tricks, Williams ended the U.S. Grand Prix on a high note with Finnish rookie Valtteri Bottas scoring his first Formula One*

Other Racing

fim-live.com KTM mourn Caselli
KTM reports with great sadness that American KTM factory rider Kurt Caselli died as the result of injuries sustained in a crash while competing in the SCORE/Baja 1000 this weekend. Kurt, part of the Factory FMF/Bonanza Plumbing/KTM team competing in this desert race, was in a leading position when he suffered a crash that resulted in severe head*

i-7GGJKsS-L.jpg

Wednesday, 20 November

i-K2RWXqk-S.jpg

SBK

worldsbk.com Pata Honda moving forward with WSBK and WSS teams
The Pata Honda team has completed a successful two-day test at Motorland Aragon*

worldsbk.com Melandri and Baz work on at Aragon
Last week's two-day test at MotorLand Aragon was a chance for many top teams of the eni FIM Superbike World Championshi

MotoGP

honda.com/HRC/repsolhondateam Dani Pedrosa discharged from hospital after successful collarbone surgery

cycleworld.com MotoGP: Valentino Rossi And Jeremy Burgess Don?t count Rossi out; he has surprised us before.
As nearly everyone who cares about this sport already knows, Valentino Rossi has taken on a new crew*

superbikeplanet.com Stoner finally free

VIDEO 2013 Suzuki MotoGP Team promotional video

Formula One

nbcsports.com MST: Pirelli track preview: Brazilian Grand Prix
It will be a busy Formula One season finale for Pirelli, who are not only bringing their hard ?orange? and medium ?white? compounds for this weekend?s Brazilian Grand Prix at*

formula1.com United States analysis, Vettel's eigth wonder

formula1.com Technical analysis of 2014 rules changes

f1times.co.uk Teams to get two sets of '14 prototype tyres to try
Formula 1 teams will get their first opportunity to test the new 2014 Pirelli tyres at the weekend after the Italian supplier gained the necessary permission to issue teams with a few sets each. With the new engine regulations resulting*

VIDEO Colin Chapman and Lotus

bbc.co.uk Alonso fears Red Bull domination
Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso admits he is worried that Red Bull will continue to dominate Formula 1 in 2014

telegraph.co.uk Formula One owners tell High Court: Bernie Ecclestone 'would be fired' if it were proven he committed a crime
Motor racing: F1 owners tell High Court chief executive Bernie Ecclestone "would be fired" if it were proven he committed a crime.

f1times.co.uk F1's stock market floatation plans put on hold
It's been in the making for a number of years now, but it looks as though Formula 1's plans to float on the stock market won't happen any time soon. The sport has been embroiled*

Other Racing

MC

fim-live.com MCCanney & Husqvarna SuperEnduro Junior World Championship leaders

VIDEO 2013 KTM ISDE

On the Street

rideapart.com How to make a motorcycle survival kit

dealernews.com Policy group recommends standard driver's license for three-wheeled Elio
DETROIT, Mich. - The policy advising body AAMVA (American Association of Motor Vehicles Administration), is recommending the Elio be driven with a standard driver's license sans motorcycle endorsement, Elio Motors reported*

autobloggreen.com Video: Proposed rule change could bring about new wave of 3-wheel EVs
Filed under: Emerging Technologies, Legislation and Policy, USA, Videos Just what defines a three-wheeled vehicle? You'd think it would be the number of wheels, but the American Association of Motor Vehicle

A copy of the report can be downloaded at the Solutions Best Practices page of the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators website.
rideapart.com Historic Ducatis Come Under The Hammer
TweetA brand new, unused 1978 Ducati 900 NCR, similar to the one raced to victory by the legendary Mike Hailwood that same year in the Isle of Man TT, will come under the auctioneer?s hammer in Las Vegas in January.

cycleworld.com River Road Motorcycle Apparel Line
River Road Press Release: River Road?s Apparel Line Continues to Grow with New Selections for 2014. RIVERROAD Race Vented Jacket: The essential leather jacket features a fully sleeved, removable liner for cooler*

cyrilhuzeblog.com Harley-Davidson Adding 260 More Temporary Workers At Menomonee Falls And Tomahawk Plants
After announcing last week that 400 part time workers were recruited at its York Vehicle Operations in Pennsylvania, Harley-Davidson is now announcing the hiring of 260 more temporary workers at its Menomonee Falls,*

thekneeslider.com Brough Superior SS100 is Back and Brand New
Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Among the long list of motorcycles introduced at EICMA, we just noticed one that slipped by at first, the brand new Brough Superior*

canadamotorcycleguide.com New Halifax motorcycle show coming
East coast show now occupies May time slot.

canadamotorcycleguide.com Erik Buell Racing plans Canadian presence in 2014
EBR looking to sign dealers in the new year, will also bring in Hero machines.

rideapart.com How To Stay Alert On Long Motorcycle Rides
TweetSo you know how to stay comfortable on long motorcycle rides, now, how about keeping your eyes open? Here?s how to stay alert on long motorcycle rides.

visordown.com Top 10 tourers under ?3,000
CHECK out the pricier end of most firms? ranges and you?ll usually find that full-fat tourers feature heavily in the ?how much!? end of the spectrum.Usually packed with the latest technology along with luxury add-ons like heated grips,*

thekneeslider.com Russell Sutton?s Honda 9 Cylinder Radial Engine Progress Report
Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - Original article from: TheKneeslider.com - What could be better than a 9 cylinder radial engine? Why, a home built 9 cylinder radial, of course! Russell Sutton continues to*

VIDEO 2014 new BMW S 1000 R action scenes

RECALLs

NHTSA and URAL ( 13V507000 )
Dated: OCT 04, 2013 Irbit Motorworks of America, Inc. (Irbit) is recalling certain model year 2012 Ural Gear-up, Patrol, Patrol T, Tourist, and Tourist T motorcycles with sidecars produced June 2, 2012, through October 2...

The Commute

i-RpTkrZm-M.jpg

The MotherShip PressClub

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tTQTAsIPXYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Motorrad HP RaceSupport: Successful weekend at legendary Macau Grand Prix
The experts of BMW Motorrad HP RaceSupport were in action in the Far East this weekend: at the famous Motorcycle Grand Prix in the streets of Macau. They were on site to support the BMW teams and riders who tackled the 47th...More

i-bXTrZx7.jpg

Statement by Dr. Herbert Diess, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development, at the Tokyo Motor Show 2013
Statement Dr. Diess, Tokyo Motor Show...More

Rolls-Royce Phantom Designer Honoured By Welsh Motoring Writers Group
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is delighted to announce that Ian Cameron, the marque?s former Chief Designer, has been honoured with the Automotive Achievement Award by the Welsh Motoring Writers Group....More

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Awarded ?British Luxury Brand? At Walpole Awards For Excellence
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is delighted to announce that the company has been awarded the 2013 Walpole...More

Cage World

jalopnik.com 2015 Chevy Colorado: This Is It
The new Chevrolet Colorado is debuting at the LA Auto Show and will herald a new future of small-ish American trucks that we've all been begging for.

FWIW

gizmag.com Review: Estes Proto X nano quadcopter
You may have noticed that we enjoy our quadcopters here at Gizmag, from the GPS-equipped Phantom 2 Vision to the palm-sized 1SQ V-cam. Recently though, we had a chance to try out a somewhat unusual style of quad in the*

theguardian.com Why mustard is good for you

i-Fp3KSrL-S.jpg

TED: Greg Asner: Ecology from the air - Greg Asner
What are our forests really made of? From the air, ecologist Greg Asner uses a spectrometer and high-powered lasers to map nature in meticulous kaleidoscopic 3D detai

Reference Library

Bike Candy

RocketGarage.com Motorcyle Graphics
*Classic and vintage motorbikes are once again at the epicentre of counter-culture. Talk to any of the custom shops and you realise that film-makers, A-list actors (Travolta, McGregor, Cruise, Craig), artists, surfers, designers,

0002204_motorcycle_graphics_outsider_art_graphics_and_illustration.jpg

Back