• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Sunday, 16 October: Update - SBK/MotoGP/F1

SBK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mIRdUUCBiHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ybuSl9WYFss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Portimao ÔÇô Superpole

Portim?úo ÔÇô Qualifying Practice 2 & Superpole.
Saturday, 15th October 2011.

Weather conditions: Sunny.
Temperature: Air: 24 ÔÇô 28 ??C, Track: 32 ÔÇô 42 ??C
Number of riders participating: 22 from 13 teams
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: Jonathan Rea (Castrol Honda) 1:42.569 min
Fastest lap Superpole 3: Jonathan Rea (Castrol Honda) 1:41.712 min

As expected, Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport experienced a challenging Saturday at Portim?úo (POR). Its factory riders, Leon Haslam (GBR) and Troy Corser (AUS), will start the final round of the 2011 FIM Superbike World Championship from the third and fifth rows respectively. Leon finished 11th in todayÔÇÖs Superpole Qualifying after setting the fourth fastest time of the Qualifying Practices. His team mate, Troy, struggled to qualify for the deciding Superpole and occupies 18th on the grid on his BMW S 1000 RR. Ayrton Badovini (ITA) from the BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team will start on his RR from ninth. His team mate, Xavier Fores (ESP), qualified 20th.

Leon Haslam:
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: 1:43.090 min (P4) / Fastest lap FP: 1:44.303 min (P13) / Fastest lap Superpole 2: 1:42.879 min (P11)
ÔÇ£On Friday we had an issue which meant we missed out on a lot of valuable track time, but today we have worked well and made some positive adjustments to the chassis. Obviously qualifying didnÔÇÖt go according to plan, as we struggled to obtain the full potential from the qualifying tyres, but on race tyres we are looking good, so I am still confident. The start tomorrow from the third row will be really important, but if we can run with the leaders in the early laps then we could be on for a good result. We will have to wait and see.ÔÇØ

Troy Corser:
Fastest lap Qualifying Practices: 1:44.131 min (P18) / Fastest lap FP: 1:44.185 min (P11)
ÔÇ£Sadly we have struggled to combat the issues from yesterday. The trackÔÇÖs bumpy and undulating nature has made a good set-up very hard to find. We have been working overtime to try and pull everything together, but sadly we ran out of time and missed out on Superpole completely. Now we have to do our utmost with the time available tomorrow to try and find a good setting for the races, and hopefully improve on what is an obviously disappointing starting position.ÔÇØ

Rainer B?ñumel (Head of Race Operations):
ÔÇ£It continues to be a difficult weekend for us. Today we were able to progress with both riders, but unfortunately for Troy it was not enough to qualify for Superpole. Overall our gap to the very front is still too big. We will work hard and try to reduce this gap tomorrow. In the races a lot is possible. Leon is a fighter, he will certainly give his best and you can easily overtake on this track. Troy is facing an even bigger challenge starting from the fifth row. However, in Free Practice we were able to improve his RR in many areas, so also for him a lot is still possible.ÔÇØ

TroyCorser.com
Despite all the efforts of the team, Troy was unable to improve even enough to qualify for Superpole. The bike improved a little, but the Portimao bumps are still upsetting the bike and preventing Troy from pushing any harder. Troy will have to start tomorrowÔÇÖs two 22 lap races from way down the grid - from the fifth row of the grid - and faces a mountain to climb if he is to have any chance of finishing the season with a couple of good results. Jonathan Rea (Honda) won Superpole today, with a lap of 1:41.712, inside the lap record. Second is Carlos Checa (Ducati), with Yamaha team mates Eugene Laverty and Marco Melandri in third and fourth. Troy - 18th, 1:44.131 More frustration today and although the bike improved, it was not enough. WeÔÇÖre still having problems riding the bumps and that makes the bike very hard to ride. Today the team made heaps of changes to the bike. They changed the geometry, spring rates - pretty much everything really - but there was no big difference and that is very frustrating for sure. WeÔÇÖre not giving up though, because weÔÇÖll try a few more ideas in tomorrowÔÇÖs warm-up and see if we can get the bike more easy to ride. If we do that, I am confident that I can make up a lot of ground at the starts and at least be in with a chance of a good top ten finish. If we canÔÇÖt improve the bike, itÔÇÖs going to be a very long and difficult day. Wish me luck! Troy

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA SUPERBIKE TEAM - PORTIMAO - SUPERPOLE
BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA SUPERBIKE TEAM - PORTIMAO ÔÇô SUPERPOLE

In Portimao, for the last round of the Superbike World Championship 2011,* Ayrton Badovini*made Superpole and qualified on the third row.* Javier Fores *will start from fifth. In* Superstock, Barrier is fifth and Zanetti starts from eleventh.

Ayrton Badovini*will start from the third row after two days of practice that saw him putting in a strong performance. The Biella rider was in the top ten at the end of free practice before Superpole, in which he finished ninth. Ayrton was just two tenths off the time needed to access the third Superpole round.

Ayrton said: "I am happy with qualifying as putting together a good lap is not my specialty. ItÔÇÖs a pity that I couldnÔÇÖt find the those two tenths to get to the final stage. We are, however, happy with the race pace which gives me confidence for tomorrow. "

After another two practice sessions on his new bike,* Javier Fores, who finished twentieth in qualifying, will line up on the fifth row.

In* Superstock,* Sylvain Barrier *managed to take a second row grid slot, with the fifth fastest time recorded in the final session, while* Lorenzo Zanetti*is on the third row. He will do his best to overtake Danilo in the FIM Cup rankings.

"We are partly happyÔÇØ - said* Serafino Foti , sports director of* BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team *at the end of the second day of testing ÔÇô ÔÇ£but not totally because we still have to sort the last sector where we pay. Regardless, Ayrton did his best to ride well in Superpole. Fores, however, didnÔÇÖt get to Superpole and his goal is to score some points in the races tomorrow. The Superstock team hasnÔÇÖt shown what we can do judging by the grid positions for both riders. We tried to take different a route that did not work. Tomorrow we will try put that right. "

Superbike - Superpole: 1?? J. Rea (Honda) 1'41.712 - 2?? C. Checa (Ducati) + 0.239 - 3?? E. Laverty (Yamaha) + 0.461....9??* A. Badovini (BMW)... 20??* J. Fores (BMW)

Superstock - Qualifyng: 1?? D. Petrucci (Ducati) 1'45"282 - 2?? Baz (Honda) + 1.275 - 3?? N. Canepa (Ducati) + 1.348 - 4?? S. Morais (Kawasaki) + 1.408 - 5??* S. Barrier (BMW) *+ 1.477 ...11??* L. Zanetti (BMW)* + 1.958

Superstock results came in - Danilo Petrucci (Barni Racing Ducati) secured the final win of the year in a race shortened to 11 laps after a technical issue with the starting lights. A distant second place went to Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad Italia Superstock) after a close fight with Sheridan Morais (Kawasaki Lorenzini by Leoni) and fourth placed Bryan Staring (Kawasaki Pedercini Team).

Portimao - SUPERBIKE - Warm*Up

1. Carlos Checa (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'43.492
2. Jonathan Rea (Castrol*Honda) Honda CBR1000RR 1'43.510
3. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki*Racing*Team*Superbike) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'43.681
4. Eugene Laverty (Yamaha*World*Superbike*Team) Yamaha YZF R1 1'43.704
5. Sylvain Guintoli (Team*Effenbert-Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'43.724
6. Leon Camier (Aprilia*Alitalia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'43.729
7. Marco Melandri (Yamaha*World*Superbike*Team) Yamaha YZF R1 1'43.841
8. Noriyuki Haga (PATA*Racing*Team*Aprilia) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'43.848
9. Leon Haslam (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'43.857
10. Maxime Berger (Supersonic*Racing*Team) Ducati 1098R 1'43.915
11. Jakub Smrz (Team*Effenbert-Liberty*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'43.935
12. Joan Lascorz (Kawasaki*Racing*Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'44.026
13. Max Biaggi (Aprilia*Alitalia*Racing*Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'44.220
14. Davide Giugliano (Althea*Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'44.244
15. Ayrton Badovini (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*SBK*Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'44.556
16. Michel Fabrizio (Team*Suzuki*Alstare) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'44.619
17. Javier Fores (BMW*Motorrad*Italia*SBK*Team) BMW S1000 RR 1'44.682
18. Mark Aitchison (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'44.754
19. Troy Corser (BMW*Motorrad*Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'44.953
20. Joshua Waters (Yoshimura*Suzuki*Racing*Team) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'45.008
21. Karl Muggeridge (Castrol*Honda) Honda CBR1000RR 1'45.515
22. Santiago Barragan (Team*Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'47.355

MotoGP

FTCStoner2011-L.jpg

motogp..com: Stoner clinches title on home turf

Formula 1

formula1.com: Vettel seals Red Bull title with dominate Korean GP win

formula1.com: Red Bull retain Constructor Crown

formula1.com: Selected team and driver quotes

formula1.com: Petrov handed five place grid penalty for India

Back this evening with a wrap up.

Sunday, 16 October : Update ÔÇô WSBK/MotoGP/F1...

SBK

worldsbk.com: Checa takes another win

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X4g4uJGTaH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

worldsbk.com: melandri wins and Laverty second

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wFLNP4djNOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hondaproracing.com: Rea rounds out season with double podium

crash.net: Troy Corser announces retirement form racing
-related-
foxsports.com.au; Australian two time World Superbike Champion Troy Corser announces his retirement

crash.net: Fabrizio joins Badovini at BMW Italia

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Portimao ÔÇô Races

Portim?úo ÔÇô Races.
Sunday, 16th October 2011.

Weather conditions: Sunny with light clouds in the afternoon.
Temperature: Air: 26 ÔÇô 30 ??C, Track: 32 ÔÇô 39 ??C
Number of riders participating: 22 from 13 teams
Fastest lap Race 1: Sylvain Guintoli (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) 1:43.453 min
Fastest lap Race 2: Joan Lascorz (Kawasaki Racing Team) 1:43.553 min

It was a historic Sunday at Portim?úo (POR): After being part of the FIM Superbike World Championship for nearly 20 years, BMW Motorrad factory rider, Troy Corser (AUS), rode the last races of his long and successful career in this series. To mark this occasion, Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport surprised Troy with a special green ÔÇ£crocodileÔÇØ-livery on his RR. Starting the final round of the 2011 season from 18th on the grid, Troy faced a big challenge at his farewell performance. But the double world champion was committed until the final chequered flag, despite knowing that the bumpy and undulating nature of the track would cause some difficulties for him and team mate, Leon Haslam (GBR). Troy put in two solid races and finished 14th and 16th. Leon came home in ninth and 15th.

Ayrton Badovini (ITA) of the BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team was 13th and ninth. His team mate, Xavier Fores (ESP), retired in race one and finished 19th in the second one. The races were won by Carlos Checa (ESP) and Marco Melandri (ITA). In the ridersÔÇÖ championship, Leon finished the season in fifth with 224 points. Troy is 15th with 84 points. In the manufacturersÔÇÖ standings BMW is fourth with 275 points. Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport will now stay at Portim?úo and on Tuesday will test there with the 2012 RR.

In the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup race Sylvain Barrier (FRA) of the BMW Motorrad Italia Superstock Team celebrated another podium, crossing the finish line in second. His team mate, Lorenzo Zanetti (ITA), was fifth. In all five BMW S 1000 RRs were classified in the top 11. Fabio Massei (ITA) from Team Piellemoto finished eighth. The two riders from the Garnier Alpha Racing Team, Brett McCormick (CAN) and Markus Reiterberger (GER), were tenth and 11th respectively.

Troy Corser:
Result Race 1: 14th / Gap to 1st: 00:31.822 min / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:44.063 min
Result Race 2: 16th / Gap to 1st: 00:31.057 min / Fastest Lap Race 2: 1:44.064 min
ÔÇ£I am a little disappointed with the results. That was not really how I wanted to finish my racing career. We struggled the whole weekend. We were able to improve the bike by changing some settings, but we still did not have enough grip. I just rode as hard as I could with what I had and gave my best. It was a shame because we have made very good steps throughout the year and I was hoping to transfer that here to a good result. The boys and I tried everything, but that was not enough. But I was not the only one to struggle with grip, as a lot of guys were sliding around. So it was just a matter of bringing it home without a crash. All in all I have to say that I enjoyed every bit of my time with BMW so far. It was frustrating at times, but there have been a lot of great moments as well.ÔÇØ

Leon Haslam:
Result Race 1: 9th / Gap to 1st: 00:26.695 min / Fastest Lap Race 1: 1:43.967 min
Result Race 2: 15th/ Gap to 1st: 00:30.951 min / Fastest Lap Race 2: 1:44.535 min
ÔÇ£We knew that it was going to be a tough weekend and, as we had expected, we were struggling with the bike already in race one. From the first lap on we had to fight and it was a long, hard race. It was just about bringing it home and trying to get as many points as possible. We were in the top ten, so we improved from where we qualified. At the start of the second race I was struggling so much that I ran off the track. That put me way back. Throughout the race the consistency was a little bit better, but I lost the front quite often and the rear tyre had blistered. There were too many issues to get a good result. Now I am looking forward to the future and to the 2012 season, which starts on Tuesday with our test here.ÔÇØ
Bernhard Gobmeier (BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director):
ÔÇ£Due to it being TroyÔÇÖs last start in the Superbike World Championship, this was an historic day. Of course we would have hoped for a better result for him, but this weekend was difficult from the beginning on. In the early stages of race one it went quite well for us, but then we experienced severe issues with grip and tyres. I want thank our riders and the entire team for their commitment and efforts during the whole season. Now we are looking forward to the new 2012 season and getting our preparations into full swing, starting with our test on Tuesday.ÔÇØ

i-h4GpXXV-M.jpg

BMW MOTORRAD ITALIA SUPERBIKE TEAM - PORTIMAO ÔÇô RACE

In the last race of the Superbike World Championship 2011,* Ayrton Badovini*scored important points that confirmed his tenth place in the standings.* Xavier Fores, unlucky in race one, finished 19th in race two. Sylvain Barrier took a credible second place in Superstock, after a great comeback during the race. Lorenzo Zanetti, with a 5th place today, finished third in the FIM Cup 2011 ranking.

The* BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team *finished the 2011 season of World Superbike Championship - the first year in the top level category for the Italian team - with a strong result.* Ayrton Badovini *had a problem with his rear tyre in race one that prevented him from finishing higher than 13th, but still scored valuable points. In race two he put in a strong performance, running as high as sixth place and finishing in 9th place. The points collected confirmed his tenth position in the overall standings, fulfilling one of BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike TeamsÔÇÖs objectives for their first year in the series.

Ayrton Badovini*said: "Race two was fun and certainly better than the first. On the starting grid I spoke with my mechanics and didnÔÇÖt know if I would make it to the end but I gave it my all and made it up to sixth and finished well. I'm happy with race 2 and the season as a whole. It was a great experience and certainly challenging. The team was fantastic and helped me grow a lot. To finish in the top ten is a small victory for me. Thanks to the experience and technical development of the bike this year we will definitely be more competitive next season."

Xavier Fores*failed to take points this time out in what is a very competitive championship.*

Superstock*saw Sylvain Barrier ride a beautiful race with a late comeback that earned him second place.* Lorenzo Zanetti*had a bad start, recovering to finish in fifth place. The final ranking of the FIM Cup Superstock saw Lorenzo in third place and Sylvain in fourth.

The two riders commented on the race: "It has been a difficult weekendÔÇØ -* Sylvain*said after the race ÔÇô ÔÇ£because we had difficulty finding the right set up. The team has worked hard to solve the problem and did a great job getting the bike sorted for the race. I had a difficult start, but then the bike felt good, especially when braking. I would like to thank the team for the support they have given me during the whole season."

"In the last race I struggledÔÇØ said* Lorenzo*ÔÇô ÔÇ£but here we found we were competitive. I have not found the "twist of luck" at the end of the season but IÔÇÖm happy with the points, given six podium finishes. I'm pleased with the season and I want to thank the team for the work it has done for me this year.ÔÇØ

Serafino Foti, sports director of BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team, said today: "Unfortunately in race one Ayrton was affected by a degraded tyre and finished in thirteenth place. In race two we changed something which helped with tyre wear and it went much better.*The Superbike Championship is the pinnacle of the sport and Fores has struggled. We thank him, however, for his commitment in recent races.*After testing in Superstock our ultimate goal was second place which Sylvain achieved. Lorenzo made a bad start, finishing in fifth place."

Superbike
Gara 1: 1?? C. Checa (Ducati) 38'13.293 - 2?? S. Guintoli (Ducati) + 2.860 - 3?? J. Rea (Honda) + 8.481... 13??* A. Badovini (BMW)*+ 31.765
Gara 1:* 1?? M. Melandri (Yamaha) 38'11"326 - 2?? E. Laverty (Yamaha) + 1.075 - 3?? J. Rea (Honda) + 1.363...9??* A. Badovini (BMW)*+ 19.128...19?? *J. Fores (BMW)*+ 1'04.011
Campionato: 1?? C. Checa (Ducati) p. 505 -* 2?? M. Melandri (Yamaha) p. 395 - 3?? M. Biaggi (Aprilia) p. 303 - 4?? E. Laverty (Yamaha) p. 303 - ...10??* A. Badovini (BMW) *p. 165 ...22??* J. Toseland (BMW) *p. 13 - 23??* J. Fores (BMW) *p. 12 - 24??* L. Lanzi (BMW)* p. 10.....29?? *B. Veneman (BMW) *p. 3
Superstock
Gara: 1?? D. Petrucci (Ducati) 19'31.819 - 2??* S. Barrier (BMW)*+ 8.019 - 3?? S. Morais (Kawasaki) + 8.115 - 4?? B. Staring (Kawasaki) + 8.364 - 5??* L. Zanetti (BMW)*+ 9.354
FIM Cup: 1?? D. Giugliano (Ducati) p. 171 - 2?? D. Petrucci (Ducati) p. 169 - 3??* L. Zanetti (BMW) *p. 148 - 4??* S. Barrier (BMW) *p. 132 - 5?? N. Canepa (Ducati) p. 109

Translation by Bing

Michel Fabrizio is BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike TeamÔÇÖs new rider

Michel Fabrizio is BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team ÔÇÖs new rider. Fabrizio will join Ayrton Badovini in an all-Italian team in the 2012World Superbike Championship.

Michel Fabrizio will take part in the 2012 World Superbike Championship on board the BMW Motorrad Team Italy S1000RR Superbike.

Michel Fabrizio was born in Frascati, near Rome, on September 17, 1984.He is 27 years old and married with two children. Fabrizio has significant international experience from taking part in different classes of the World Championship namely Superstock, Supersport and Superbike. Besides his passion for riding bikes, which he has done since he was a boy, he is an avid golfer.

Thanks to his international experience he knows all the circuits on the World Championship calendar. During his career he has ridden several multi-cylinder motorbikes, and also has worked with members of the team in which he ran in 2009.

His international racing career began in 2002 with his first season in MotoGP on the Gilera 125. The following year, riding a Suzuki GSX-R 1000, saw his debut on a 4-stroke engine and, in his first year, won the Superstock Championship.

In 2005, riding a Honda, he participated in the World Supersport Championship the following year made his debut in the World Superbike Championship. 

In 2007, he rode for Honda in the World Superbike and also had the opportunity to ride for the same marque in MotoGP.

In 2009, with the Ducati Xerox Team, Michel took his first victory and finished the season in third place.
In 2010, with 1 win, 1 second and 4 third places he earned 195 points and was 8th in the standings at the end of the season.

This year, with the Team Alstare Suzuki World SBK he won 152 points and finished 12th in the season classification, just two places behind Ayrton Badovini.
With consent from his current team, Michel will ride the BMW S1000RR for the first time in a test scheduled for Tuesday, October 18th at Portimao.

Andrea Buzzoni, Director of BMW Motorrad Italy and Project Director of BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team, on the announcement of the new rider said: "We are delighted to have Michael in our team for 2012 which will show a significant performance jump, thanks to more planning than was possible for the 2011 season. He is a talented rider who has not yet had the results that he deserves. I am confident that the technical and personnel support will ensure that Michel can show his potential . With the appointment of Michael and the confirmation of AyrtonÔÇÖs place, it will be a good all-Italian team of riders and engineers combined with the extraordinary BMW technology. "

Michel Fabrizio said: "I am very pleased with the signing of this contract and I hope to repay the trust that the team has shown in me. I am happy to be working again with people that were part of my team for three years and that will provide a stable environment that will help me do well. I am very motivated and ready to play my part next season because I know that the project is ambitious and the team is good. "

MotoGP

Honda's Casey Stoner's World Championship effectively was over with Lorenzo's crash in morning warmups. With that Stoner needed to score ten points or more to in the race to win the title. That he did surrounded by Honda riders on the podium. In a MotoGP Interview Stoner talks about how good it feels to finally seal the championship; especially on home soil.

gresiniracing.com: ÔÇ£Super SicÔÇØ finishes second behind new World Champion Stoner

teamtech3.fr: A fantastic fifth for Edwards in windy Phillip Island

ducati.com: Rossi falls while Hayden seventh

rizla-suzuki.com: Bautista caught out by the weather at an unpredictable Phillip Island

yamaha-racing.com: Jorge Lorenzo injury update

Formula 1

Korean GP Press Conference[/url]

Starting Grid
Classifications
Lap Chart
Lap Analysis
Fastest Laps
History Chart
Maximum Speeds
Pit Stop Summary
Sector Times
Speed Trap

fia.com: Petrov penalized after collision

Other Racing

foxsport.com: Indy 500 Champion Dan Wheldon killed in crash at Las Vegas

2011 WorldSBK ÔÇô as seen by the photographers with the BMW PressClub

Click on the photo to go to gallery of 1780 pictures from the 2011 SBK season from both BMW teams.

Tuesday, 18 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

Members with Birthdays Today

SBK

ducati.com: World Champion Carlos Checa closes the 2011 season with a win and the contract renewal with Althea Racing and Ducati

worldsbk.com: Laverty with Aprilia in 2012

Formula 1

speedtv.com: Kubica still in running for Renault race seat

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/00RG6sefKuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P9hXlOZ3qUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

youtube.com: Indycar Tribute to Dan Weldon

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vsfux5oNAm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

webbikeworld.com; JIS Screwdrivers - Review

visordown.com: Honda reviving some old names?

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS| Preview

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ihsuWJMPWv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1p7RPKD5Dv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HVoyruef3WA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P7AC5t2RDaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N3MauolEGtA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

thekneslider.com: Yamaha R1 Aluminum girder front suspension from SuspensionSmith of Australia

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pnbWeHWPeDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ytb79ZB57Ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reference::

FIM: Official Documents
Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations ÔÇô Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
US:
http://www.weather.gov/ | NOAA's National Weather Service
Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

http://www.weather.com | Bloomsburg, PA

CA:
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/canada_e.html

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/drivebc_supp/canada_map.htm :
Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

Shameless Trolling For Touring Tips

NHTSA.dot.gov Vehicle Recalls RSS

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

BMW-Motorrad.com: Service
Electronic Parts Catalogue
Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter
How to clean your motorcycle

ascycles.com: BMW Motorcycle Service and Maintenance Schedules

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg
Gasbuddy.com: Search for local gas prices along your trip route.

pure-gas.org: Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. And Canada

Cycle-ergo.com motorcycle ergonomic simulator.

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg
MSF Motorcycle Operators Manual

TIP: Do NOT balance a bag of groceries between your legs, not even for a short ride. P. 52 http://t.co/jfDAORhW

QOD: Which of the following is true of over-the-counter drugs? http://t.co/VqAoEdFd

Bike Candy

tumblrlryew0wy3r1qmd50l.jpg

62463579498b525419c1b-M.jpg

624688341465c71e3e5fb-M.jpg

3Headlight650-M.jpg

8Seat650-M.jpg

Wednesday, 19 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

SBK

Preparing for 2012: Successful test for BMW Motorrad Motorsport at Portim?úo.

Portim?úo, 18th October 2011. Only two days after the 2011 season finale Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport already is in full swing preparing for next year’s FIM Superbike World Championship. Today, the team tested the further-developed and, in many areas, optimised 2012 BMW S 1000 RR at Portim?úo (POR). With sunshine and warm temperatures the conditions were ideal and the factory squad was able to collect important data and information with next year’s RR.

i-5vLhbh3-S.jpg

Modifications have been made, for instance, to the frame geometry and the fairing. For example, the fairing at the rear has been shortened and modified according to the new 2012 production RR design in aerodynamics. The front fairing is slightly steeper compared to the 2011 bike in order to optimise the aerodynamics and riders’ ergonomics. A new radiator, adapted to the modified geometry and body parts, has been installed for better thermodynamics. The 2012 RR also features a new engine spec which improves rideability and low end torque. Additional efforts have been made for optimising the weight balance and to improve ergonomics.

“It was a positive test day”, said BMW Motorrad factory rider Leon Haslam. “The new engine spec is a progress; you can feel a difference there. We now need to push more in that same direction. The main thing we were working on today was the chassis set up. The new bike needs to be set up a little bit differently than the 2011 one. I am confident in that area, too. Overall, I am glad to be back testing, looking for next year. We do not have to go out and race but can only focus on improving the bike. That is always good.”

“We were waiting for this day eagerly, as for the first time we went out on the track with both a new rider, Marco Melandri, and a new spec of our RR”, commented BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director Bernhard Gobmeier. “We put a lot of work into the developing of this bike aiming to improve it in several areas. The feedback of both riders was exactly how we expected it to be. Overall, this was a very positive test and a confirmation of all the hard work of everybody in the team.”

Marco Melandri also was happy with his first test day and reported about many positive impressions. He used the test to get acquainted with the new team and his new working environment.

The collected data will now be analysed at the team’s facilities at Munich and Stephanskirchen for further development steps. The team will also conduct additional tests in the next few weeks. The 2012 season starts officially with the first race on February 26 at Phillip Island (AUS).

speedweek.de: Marco Melandri for the first time on a BMW
“a lot of work ahead of me”

roadracingworld.com: Haslam, Melandri test 2012 BMW S1000RR superbike at Portimao

worldsbk.com: Michel Fabrizio is BMW Motorrad Italia Superbike Team's new rider

superbike-news.co.uk: Althea Racing Team confirms plans for the 2012 racing season

worldsbk.com: Pirelli notes from Portimao

gpone.com: Superbike – 2012 in Portimao

speedtv.com: Corser reflects on final season

sltrid.com: World Superbike returning to Miller Motorsports Park

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aI10AuSy76g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotoGP

motogp.com: Phillip Island tyre performance review

fim-live.com: jorngge Lorenzo surgery update
-related
bbc.co.uk: Jorege Lorenzo feared he was left with a permanent disability

ducati.com: Ducati team in Malaysia to continue work on the GP 11.1

Formula 1

Formula1.com:
Q&A with Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel
Q&A with Sauber's CEO Monisha Kaltneborn

Other Racing

motoracinglive.com: Sebastien Gimbert – “a Great Year”
A month after securing his second French Superbike title, S?®bastien Gimbert (BMW-MICHELIN) looks back at his successful 2011 campaign

autosport.com: Dan the man – a personal recollection

reuters.com: No margin for error in IndyCar, says Mansel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5J7RPB3wYi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

Are You Ready?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bP6HyKl08iM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motorcyclenews.com: New Aprilia SRV850 superscoot debuts

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Harley-Davidson earnings, retail, motorcycle sales rise in 3rd quarter
Retail sales of new Harley-Davidson motorcycles grew 5.1 percent worldwide in the third quarter compared to the prior-year period, led by a 5.4 percent rise in the U.S.

rapidcityjournal.com: City of Sturgis releases final rally numbers

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6i01Tc1uYwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NdBptlmu7kA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/JustinHallTipping_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/JustinHallTipping_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1249&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=justin_hall_tipping_freeing_energy_from_the_grid;year=2011;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=a_greener_future;theme=tales_of_invention;theme=the_rise_of_collaboration;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Science;tag=Technology;tag=energy;tag=entrepreneur;tag=environment;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/JustinHallTipping_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/JustinHallTipping_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1249&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=justin_hall_tipping_freeing_energy_from_the_grid;year=2011;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=a_greener_future;theme=tales_of_invention;theme=the_rise_of_collaboration;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Science;tag=Technology;tag=energy;tag=entrepreneur;tag=environment;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Cage World

Link to the current year official documents for all classes and search tool for other years.

FIA Regulations – Formula 1 World Championship

WEATHER
US:
Select to go to the NWS homepage. National Weather Service - or - Follow the National Weather Service on FaceBook

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/ : National Traffic and Road Closure Information
511 - America's Traveler Information Telephone Number; Construction Related; Local and State Transit Links; Traffic Conditions; Regional Links; Weather/Road ...

CA:
Canada Road Condition Information: Links to provincial highway condition websites across Canada..

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: How should you react if your face protection is struck by a bug? http://t.co/dvF77Avu

Bike Candy

caferacer8negro1-XL.jpg

Thursday, 20 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

SBK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U7CZtApmFEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

speedtv.com: Badovinin's learning curve

worldsbk.com: New rider-machine combinations on show at Portimao

motomatters.com: World Superbike silly season – some certainties, many unkowns

motorcycle-usa.com: Pirelli WorldSBK tires go to 17 inch in 2013

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/poA4SL8o73I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BBaNcgulZCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotoGP

motogp.com: Sweltering Sepang welcomes 2011 Champion Stoner

fim-live.com: Katsuyuki Nakasuga to replace Lorenzo for Malaysia

Formula 1

ferrari.com: An important week for FOTA

gurardian.co.uk: F1 champions Red Bull claim gamesmanship is inevitable

speedtv.com: US GP to offer boost for homegrown drivers.

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cxown5OB3cc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

dealernews.com: Vintage BMWs fuel business at Bench Mark Works

motorcyclenews.com: Would you buy a hyper-scooter?
FWIW; Well, would you?

londonbikers.com: Piaggio Beverly 350 gets ABS and traction control

motorcyclistonline.com: 2011 BMW S1000RR – Doing time
-then-
motorcycle-usa.com: 2012 BMW S1000RR – First look

webbikeworld.com: Stubby tire tools – review

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jBGHfhM5kKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

google.com/patents: Method for early induction of and additional start of an internal combustion engine

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2010X/Blank/GuyPhilippeGoldstein_2010X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/GuyPhilippeGoldstein_2010X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1250&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=guy_philippe_goldstein_how_cyberattacks_threaten_real_w;year=2010;theme=war_and_peace;theme=a_taste_of_tedx;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;event=TEDxParis+2010;tag=Global+Issues;tag=Technology;tag=computers;tag=politics;tag=security;tag=war;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2010X/Blank/GuyPhilippeGoldstein_2010X-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/GuyPhilippeGoldstein_2010X-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1250&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=guy_philippe_goldstein_how_cyberattacks_threaten_real_w;year=2010;theme=war_and_peace;theme=a_taste_of_tedx;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;event=TEDxParis+2010;tag=Global+Issues;tag=Technology;tag=computers;tag=politics;tag=security;tag=war;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Cage World

autoblog.com: McLaren test new F1

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series – Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Never assume that making eye contact with a driver means they see YOU or will yield. P.22 http://t.co/jLCSL9Kj

QOD: What is the best procedure to follow for control when making turns? http://t.co/JOwrEigh

Bike Candy

Some pictures just make you remember and smile.

194046101501008762781575469331-M.jpg

Friday, 21 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

SBK

worldsbk.com; Portuguese round statistics

MotoGP

Not a 'full factory' effort but a step in that direction
motogp.com: Edwards confirms 2012 CRT setup
Colin Edwards confirmed on Thursday that he will ride a BMW-powered Suter machine for the Forward Racing team when the 2012 season starts next April.

gpone.com: Edwards on suter-BMw in 2012

firm-live.com: Presure off Stoner as MotoGP arrives in Malaysia

hondaporacing.com: Honda squad ready for Sepang

fim-live.com: Yamaha prepare for GP of Malaysia

rizla-suzuki-motogp.com: Rizla Suzuki doubles up for Malaysian attack

motomatters.com: Sepang MotoGP Thursday round up ÔÇô On Marquez' big mistake and MotoGP's silly season

Formula 1

joesaward.com: The future of FOTA

bettor.com; Renault's Robert Kubica ÔÇô I know I am not in good shape

<object width="620" height="348"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://www.redbull.com/cs/RedBull/flash/RBPlayerNew.swf?data_url=http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite?c%3DRB_Video%26cid%3D1243108031452%26locale%3D1237398958898%26p%3D1242807156063%26pagename%3DRedBull%2FRB_Video%2FVideoPlayerDataXML" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="620" height="348"/></object>

Other Racing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P1mEKG0yros" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

2012 BMW S1000RR First Looks:
motorcyclistonline.com
motorcycle-usa.com
motorcyclenews.com
ultimatemotorcycling.com

The Mothership

The new BMW S 1000 RR.

Scarcely two years after the launch in 2009, BMW Motorrad is now presenting the revised model of this successful supersports bike, now with many optimised details. The primary objectives were even greater riding precision and agility, a punchier power buildup, and a more sensitive response. The revised model of the S 1000 RR has incorporated quite a few feedback reports from national super stock races.

Like its predecessor, the new RR knows no compromise, providing the highest level of sporting character and riding dynamics. The convincing features of the new S 1000 RR are its improved handling with absolute riding stability, supreme engine performance with perfect everyday practicality, and a resounding dynamic performance. The highest level of active safety is safeguarded by the most advanced brake system today on the market, the BMW Motorrad Race ABS. When accelerating, the rider is supported by the Dynamic Traction Control system DTC. Both of these systems have been optimised for the perfect interaction.
There have been no changes to the superior engine power of
142kW (193hp) with a weight of only 204 kilograms including 90% fuel (206.5*weight with Race ABS).

Concept with optimised riding dynamics.

One of the primary objectives pursued for the revised S 1000 RR model was to improve ridability by boosting thrust and enhancing the linearity and harmoniousness of the power and torque curves. The reconfigured throttle improves overall response.

The new, optimised design raises response sensitivity, tightens the twistgrip angle, and reduces the twisting force.

Suspension with improved handling and feedback.

The modifications to the new RR suspension have been instrumental in boosting its riding dynamics. For instance, the upside down fork and the spring strut feature a new internal structure, providing an even wider range of damping forces from comfort to performance.

Moreover, the suspension geometry has been modified with new values for the steering head angle, offset, position of the swing arm pivot, fork projection, and spring strut length to yield even better handling, steering accuracy, and feedback for the new S 1000 RR. This has required modifications to the main frame that also included enlarging the cross sectional area of the intake air guide through the steering head for greater air flow efficiency. This package of suspension optimisations is rounded off by an adjustable mechanical steering damper.

Instrument cluster with new functions.

The engine speed display has been redesigned for better readability. In addition, the display can now be dimmed and provides more functions. For instance, the lap timer can now present ÔÇ£Best lap in progressÔÇØ, and if required, ÔÇ£SpeedwarningÔÇØ can inform the rider when he exceeds a particular speed.

Refined design and new colours.

The new S 1000 RR not only benefits from the advanced developments for the engine, suspension, and cockpit. It has also gained yet another step ahead in terms of design. The tail section now presents a considerably leaner look. There have been some discrete changes to the asymmetrical side panels, and the centre airbox cover now sports side aperture grilles. On the top part of the panels, a new, telling identifying feature takes the form of two winglets that enhance the aerodynamic qualities.

In the most sporting colour combination of Racing red and Alpine white, the RR exudes power and speed even when it is stationary, whereas plain Bluefire lends it a decidedly extravagant look.

Sporty dynamics is conveyed by Sapphire black metallic, and in BMW Motorrad Motorsport colours, the new S 1000 RR testifies to its direct relationship with BMW Motorrad Motorsport. The distinctive RR logo has been slightly modified.

Additional visual accents take the form of wheels painted in glossy black and the red spring in the central strut. The matching swing arm either presents an anodised coating or is kept in black.

Also the ergonomics has been improved in the form of new heel plates for the rider. The stabilisers on the passenger footrests have now been designed for a leaner look.

Extended range of optional extra and special equipment.

For individualising the new S 1000 RR, BMW Motorrad is expanding its range of optional extras and special equipment ex works with a number of attractive features. Riders with a particularly sporty bent can now equip their RR with an HP titanium exhaust system (with or without ABE) or the HP race data logger. Also the heated grips offering two levels and fitted as optional extra can take the bite out of the early morning run on the racetrack or longer rides in cold weather.

The new features at a glance

ÔÇó Optimised torque curve for improved ridability.
ÔÇó Expansion from two to three performance curves (one each for Rain and*Sport modes and an additional one for Race and Slick modes); Rain mode now 120*kW (163*hp).
ÔÇó Reconfigured throttle for enhanced response (particularly gentle and sensitive acceleration in Rain mode, and immediately direct and spontaneous response in Sport, Race, and Slick modes).
ÔÇó Reduced twisting force and tighter twistgrip angle.
ÔÇó Smaller secondary ratio for boosted thrust.
ÔÇó Refined tuning between Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC).
ÔÇó Enlarged cross sectional area of the intake air guide through the steering head for greater air flow efficiency.
ÔÇó Better handling, steering accuracy, and feedback.
ÔÇó Revised spring elements for an even wider range of damping forces.
ÔÇó Suspension geometry modified with new values for the steering head angle, offset, position of the swing arm pivot, fork projection, and spring strut length.
ÔÇó New mechanical steering damper adjustable over ten levels.
ÔÇó Forged and milled fork bridge in a new design and with a smaller offset.
ÔÇó Revised design with a leaner tail section, redesigned side panels, centre airbox cover with side aperture grilles, and winglets.
ÔÇó For new colour variants: plain Racing Red with Alpine white, Bluefire, Sapphire black metallic, BMW Motorrad Motorsport colours.
ÔÇó Revised RR logo.
ÔÇó New heel plates and leaner stabilisers on the passenger footrests.
ÔÇó Redesigned LCD engine speed display for better readability and with five dimming levels.
ÔÇó Instrument cluster with the new functions ÔÇ£Best lap in progressÔÇØ and ÔÇ£SpeedwarningÔÇØ; deactivation of ÔÇ£LampÔÇØ fault message when headlamp or number plate carrier removed.
ÔÇó Catalytic converters relocated, so no heat shield necessary.
ÔÇó Expansion to the optional extras and special equipment ex works.

i-fF8RXFM-L.jpg

i-q3zZ9KM-L.jpg

i-jrffSKG-L.jpg

i-QQ5zt2n-L.jpg

i-SffDtN6-L.jpg

i-fF8RXFM-L.jpg

i-5FHpPLR-L.jpg

i-HGZBGdQ-L.jpg

i-jMWj7G7-L.jpg

i-3cqsNjC-L.jpg

i-CZRQvQd-L.jpg

i-3VkJvtT-L.jpg

i-JMt3ZLg-L.jpg

i-9K3LQLg-L.jpg

Friday, 21 October: Update ÔÇô Malaysian MotoGP ÔÇô Day 1

MotoGP

MotoGP Rewind: Phillip Island

motogp.com: Respsol Honda dominate first day at Sepang

fim-live.com: Pedrosa controls opening day

teamtech3.fr: Super start for Edwards in sweltering Sepang

ducati.com: Ducati team takes to the slippery Sepang asphalt

gresiniracing.com: Positive sstart by Team San Carlo Honda Gresini at Sepang

rizla-suzuki-motogp.com: Encouraging first day for Rizla Suzuki duo

teamaspar.net: Painful return to track at Sepang for Hector Barbera

motomatters.com: Friday Roundup

Saturday, 22 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

SBK

worldsbk.com: International media let loose on latest machinery

motorcycle-usa.com: Laverty debuts on Aprilia

crash.net: Laverty - 'didn't expect it to be so fast'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bun5HBRtRTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suzuki-racing.com: Cresent Suzuki to race in 2012

kentonline.co.uk: Leon Camier writes exclusively for the KM Group

MotoGP

motogp.com: Pedrosa storms to pole in Malaysia

Pos Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Time Lap Total Gap Top Speed
1 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 2ÔÇÖ01.462 18 21 315.3

2 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team HONDA 2ÔÇÖ01.491 19 20 0.029 0.029 315.6

3 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 2ÔÇÖ01.666 22 23 0.204 0.175 313.0

4 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 2ÔÇÖ02.010 18 20 0.548 0.344 308.9

5 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 2ÔÇÖ02.105 16 22 0.643 0.095 309.0

6 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team DUCATI 2ÔÇÖ02.172 20 24 0.710 0.067 311.3

7 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 2ÔÇÖ02.254 22 23 0.792 0.082 312.7

8 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP SUZUKI 2ÔÇÖ02.332 12 22 0.870 0.078 312.2

9 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team DUCATI 2ÔÇÖ02.395 22 22 0.933 0.063 307.5

10 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YAMAHA 2ÔÇÖ02.756 19 20 1.294 0.361 307.9

11 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 2ÔÇÖ02.939 22 23 1.477 0.183 308.2

12 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team DUCATI 2ÔÇÖ03.077 22 22 1.615 0.138 307.9

13 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing DUCATI 2ÔÇÖ03.438 15 22 1.976 0.361 310.7

14 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP DUCATI 2ÔÇÖ03.619 7 17 2.157 0.181 310.8

15 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA 2ÔÇÖ03.646 19 21 2.184 0.027 311.3

16 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 2ÔÇÖ03.678 14 20 2.216 0.032 305.6

17 89 Katsuyuki NAKASUGA JPN Yamaha Factory Racing YAMAHA 2ÔÇÖ04.072 20 21 2.610 0.394 302.7

gresiniracing.com: Second and third row for Simoncelli and Aoyama at Sepang

teamtech3.fr: Edwards stors to season best qualifying at sizzling Sepang

suzuki-racing.com: Bautista on Sepang MotoGP third row

rizla-suzuki-motogp.com: Hopkins force to withraw from Malaysian Grand Prix

motogp.com: Tough qualifying for Spies

crash.net: Sore Ben Spies back for Sepang

uk.eruosport.com: Forward to run Suter-BMW in MotoGP

ucsdguardian.org: Suzuki's impending MotoGP burnout

cyclenews.ccom: Ducati Marlboro's Nicky Hayden on the 1000cc era

gpone.com: Honda looking for a new number 1
come on you graphics guys

Formula 1

formula1.com: India interviews and quotes

jamesallenonf1.com: Radical changes to engine maps for 20122 gives power back to designers

speedtv.com: Hulkenberg set to race for Force India in 2012?

autosport.com: What Formula 1 can learn from McDonalds

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aa3ars0VFgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/80u2RkriCE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gP6j4jF0sJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dKtKxy8zJC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CxBt_WVZ1-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

motorcycle-usa.com: WSBK's Haslan and Camier to race at Scott Trial

The MINI WRC TeamÔÇÖs crews of Dani Sordo (ES) and Carlos del Barrio (ES) and Kris Meeke (GB) and Paul Nagle (IR) were lying fifth and sixth respectively at the end of what turned out to be a controversial first day of action for the Rally RACC ÔÇô Rally of Spain. On a day when running first on the road was more advantageous than ever, bad dust on two of the six stages turned what could have been a good fight into a lottery as the crews battled with visibility that was often no more than a few feet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KuOVFuTzXyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-V8jU0c-XnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

acem.eu: ACEM newsletter
- Editorial by BMW Motorrad head and ACEM President Hendrik vo Kuemheim
- The crisis in Eurpoe PTW market down -9%

dealernewsc.om: Ducati to focus on dealer support, offering 'superior' motorcycles for 2012

businessweek.com: Why Harley can't rev up in China

thekneeslider.com: Harley-Davidson powered cars - four wheel cruisers with a hint of Milwaukee

motorcyclisonline.com? Egodyne announces new ProFlex OutDry waterproof/windproof gloves

webbikeworld.com: The future of Bluetooth for motorcycles

indiancarsbikes.in: Volkswagen plays nice ÔÇô reach out to Suzuki

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eaI5FGmGeUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X9-v_2Fcs-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fHGCLStdaH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zT5pXUiuK90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OudAVtWHNpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jk_X7VqCL08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

google.com/patents: Intergal pprotection removable system for motor vehicles without body shells

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7snulV5Y4gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

How would the Little Rascals handled this weeks top story in Ohio if they had lived there?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iWCLLdoOm7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/soe9hiG0TiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/ToddKuiken_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/ToddKuiken_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1251&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=todd_kuiken_a_prosthetic_arm_that_feels;year=2011;theme=design_like_you_give_a_damn;theme=medicine_without_borders;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Design;tag=Science;tag=Technology;tag=engineering;tag=invention;tag=medicine;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/ToddKuiken_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/ToddKuiken_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1251&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=todd_kuiken_a_prosthetic_arm_that_feels;year=2011;theme=design_like_you_give_a_damn;theme=medicine_without_borders;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=new_on_ted_com;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Design;tag=Science;tag=Technology;tag=engineering;tag=invention;tag=medicine;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

NHTSA Campaign ID no. 11V50600
HARLEY-DAVIDSON IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2009-2012 TOURING, CVO TOURING AND TRIKE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JUNE 6, 2008, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 16, 2011. SEE THE ABOVE LIST FOR THE MODELS INCLUDED...

[url=http://www.sportrider.com/motorcycle_riding/techniques/index.html]SportRider.com
: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

DonÔÇÖt ride next to cars or trucks in other lanes if you donÔÇÖt have to. You might be in their blind spot. P.19 http://t.co/jLCSL9Kj

QOD: What should you do in order to stop quickly? http://t.co/lVQkrowD

QOD: Which of the following causes the greatest danger for motorcyclists? http://t.co/rPgPPRz4

Bike Candy

Totti Motori: BMW Telaio

10-7-30-1-L.jpg

Sunday, 23 October : Update - MotoGP Malaysian Grand Prix

MotoGP

Saturday Leftovers

motogp.com: Ben Spies to withdraw from Malaysian Grand Prix

ducati.com: Progress for Ducati team in Sepang.

teamaspar.net: Hector Barbera sets aside the pain to qualify 14th

motomatters.com: Sepang – Saturday roundup

Sunday – Maylasian MotoGP

Warmup | motogp.com: Stoner on top

Race

Gressini Racing Team rider Marco Simoncelli has died after a horrific crash at the Malaysian MotoGP in Sepang. The race was stopped on lap two when Simoncelli's bike veered across the track at turn 11 into the path of Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi.

Tech III rider Colin Edwards also fell and dislocated his shoulder - while Ducati rider Valentino Rossi was able to return to the pits. Simoncelli lay motionless on the track after the impact, while the race was immediately red-flagged. Officials were looking to restart the race before the extent of Simoncelli's injuries became clear.

motogp.com Race Direction press conference

motogp.com: Marco Simoncelli succumbs to injuries

motogp.com: Tributes to Marco Simoncelli

Sunday, 23 October: Update II - Malaysian Grand Prix MotoGP

MotoGP

wikipedia.org: Marco Simoncelli

hondaproracing.com: Marco Simoncelli passes away at Malaysian GP

gpone.com: Marco Simoncelli killed in crash

rizla-suzuki-motogp.com: With respects to Marco Simoncelli

teamaspar.net: Malaysian Grand Prix weekend cut short by tragic death of Marco Simoncelli

yamaha-racing.com; With respects to Marco Simoncelli

FIM-live.com: Circumstances of Simoncelli's death -press conference video
Members of the Race Direction Paul Butler, Claude Danis, Franco Uncini and Javier Alonso were joined by Medical Director Michele Macchiagodena at a press conference to explain the circumstances of Marco Simoncelli's death at the Sepang circuit on Sunday.

Paul Butler opened the press conference, saying: "The purpose of this press conference is to appraise you of the circumstances that resulted in the tragic death of Marco Simoncelli. You know who we all are, the Race Direction; Claude Danis who is the FIM representative, Javier Alonso the Dorna representative, Franco Uncini the riders' representative, and I'm Paul Butler the IRTA representative and Race Director. Michele Macchiagodena is our Medical Director and he will explain to you the circumstances that resulted in this death."

Michele Macchiagodena said: "I'm very sad to be here to report about the death of Marco Simoncelli, a friend. Because of the crash he had during the race, in which he was hit by other riders, he suffered a very serious trauma to the head, to the neck and the chest. When our medical staff got to him he was unconscious. In the ambulance because there was a cardiac arrest they started CPR (cardiac pulmonary resuscitation). Immediately in the Medical Centre, with the help also of the Doctor of our staff at the Clinica Mobile and local Doctors, he was intubated and it was possible to take off some blood from the thorax. The CPR was continued for 45 minutes because we tried to help him for as long as we thought it was possible. Unfortunately it was not possible to help him and at 16:56 (local time) we had to declare he was dead."

Paul Butler responded to a question about Marco Simoncelli's helmet coming off in the crash by saying: "I think if I may reply, that will be for another occasion. Quite clearly the consequences and circumstances surrounding the accident will be thoroughly investigated."

Answering a question about the condition of Colin Edwards, who was involved in the incident, Michele Macchiagodena said: "He had a dislocation of the shoulder and with anaesthesia the shoulder now is in the correct position. He is fine."

Paul Butler concluded the press conference by adding: "Our sympathies go to his family and we want to show every respect possible to Marco."

This is very sad to hear and I am quite disturbed. I am traveling on business and have not seen the race. I was a fan of Simoncelli and his crazy hair and aggressive, albeit sometimes reckless, youthful driving. But I expected years of riding from him, and possibly a championship. It is a sad day for GP, fans, and of course the friends and family.

GP has not been competitive, or exciting, this year. Simoncelli was part of the only real racing going on, and his passing in this way is a horrible day in racing.

a very sad day.

i had been out riding all day, and learned of the news on the scrolling ticker when watching the CNN news that night.

this is a great loss for the sport. :cry

ian

Tuesday, 25 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

SBK

worldsbk.com: Laverty lapping it up

worldsbk.com: Pirelli to supply 17 inch superbike tyres from 2013

speedweek.de: ÔÇ£At Aprilia nothing is wrongÔÇØ Eugene Laverty judged by his best time at the Portimao test

Paul Smart rides Checa's championship bike
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4M8jqA3Zie4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotoGP

motomatters.com: Colin Edwards updates fans on facebook ÔÇô Dislocated shoulder and suspected broken heels

bikesportnews.com: Colin Edwards breaks silence over Simoncelli

motomatters.com: Rossi's manager denies retirement rumors

fim-live.com: The Honda family mourns one of its own

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6gbpxmNqoBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotoGP Video: Tribute to Marco Simoncelli

Formula 1

pirelli.com: 2011 Indian GP

Indian GP Preview
ATT Williams
Lotus Renault GP
Mercedes GP
Red Bull
Sauber F1 Team
Toro Rosso
McLaren

[url=http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/10/a-second-us-grand-prix-in-new-jersey-to-join-f1-calendar-in-2013/]jamesallenonf1.com
: A second US Grand Prix in New Jersey to join F1 calendar in 2013?

bbc.co.uk: New Jersey Grand Prix for 2013 set to be announced

reuters.com: German Banker trial over F1 rights starts in Munich

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K0RxBPWMigg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

TT Zero Promo 2010
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KPBo5oPftrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bmw-motorsports.com: BMW M3 DTM excites fans in Hockenheim

girlracer.co.uk: MINI WRC Team battle in Spain

On the Street

beemersandbits.com: 1st place in Venice Vintage Motorcycle Rally

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2012 kawasaki Ninja 250R preview

motorcycle-usa.com: 2012 BMW S1000RR ÔÇô First ride

cycleworld.com: 2012 Suzuki Motorcycles ÔÇô First look ÔÇô GSX-R1000 ÔÇô V-Strom 1000 ÔÇô C50T Cruiser

webbikeworld.com: 2012 Triumph Motorcycles

motorcycle-usa.com: Triumph Tiger Explorer ÔÇô first look
motorcyclistonline.com: 2012 Triumph Explorer ÔÇô First look

visordown.com: Limited Edition ÔÇô Steve McQueen Bonneville

world.hond.com: Honda reviews new Integra scooter ÔÇô motorcycle performance with scooter comfort and protection

prnewsire.com: US Highland president ÔÇô ceo interviewed by the Journal Record

moto.mpora.com: Product review ÔÇô GoPro HD Hero2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xzPFeHXZx18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Press Kit: Husqvarna Nuda 900 & Nuda 900R International Press Launch in Sardinia

Rolls-Royce Motorcars announces its entry into South America

The BMW multi-modle launch
BMW 520d EfficientDynamics Saloon BMW Z4 sDrive20i and Z4 sDrive28i BMW 6 Series Coup?® BMW 1 Series

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eDupNJUgwog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/RichardWilkinson_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/RichardWilkinson_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1253&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=richard_wilkinson;year=2011;theme=unconventional_explanations;theme=medicine_without_borders;theme=not_business_as_usual;theme=rethinking_poverty;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Culture;tag=Global+Issues;tag=data;tag=money;tag=social+change;tag=visualizations;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/RichardWilkinson_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/RichardWilkinson_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1253&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=richard_wilkinson;year=2011;theme=unconventional_explanations;theme=medicine_without_borders;theme=not_business_as_usual;theme=rethinking_poverty;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=Culture;tag=Global+Issues;tag=data;tag=money;tag=social+change;tag=visualizations;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Cage World

indiancarsandbikes.com: BMW's M divisioon keen to make bespoke car on AMG's lines

indiancarbikes.in: VW biggest car maker in 2011, GM second as Toyota loses its crown

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

SportRider.com: Motorcycle Riding Skills Series ÔÇô Street bike and motorcycle riding skills techniques articles at Sport Rider

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: SEE: Search-Evaluate-Execute. To get the best result, predict the worst possible outcome. Anticipate

QOD: Over one-half of motorcycle/car crashes are caused by what? http://t.co/pGTB79J8

Bike Candy

Totti Motori: BMW frame 2

50980305006622629264-M.jpg

Wednesday, 26 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

SBK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iEOkQ_rGdZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

speedweek.de: 2012 ÔÇô Only two Aprilia [riders] are fixed
Aprilia's technical director would like to field four bikes.

MotoGP

motogp.com: Simoncelli's funeral to be held on Thursday in Coriano

motogp.com: Gresini Team to attend Valencia GP

bbc.co.uk: Team San Carlos Gresini Honda Racing to miss the Valencia race and subsequent testing

motorsport-total.com: Motorcycle legend Giacomo Agostini believes that MotoGP is fundamentally safe, sees in the behavior of the Bridgestones, but a potential danger

superbbikeplanet.com: 34x34 Ciao Super Sic by Kevin Schwantz
Formula 1

reuters.com: New Jersey announces Formula One race

speedtv.com: Bob Varsha discusses New Jersey GP

autosport.com: Deconstructing Formula 1 ÔÇô inside the coke bottle

jamesallenf1.com; What's the winning race strategy for new Indian GP circuit?

formula1.com: Into the not so unknown ÔÇô Mercedes on simulating new circuits

Other Racing

fim-live.com: 2011 Crown to be decided in Doha [Qtel Endurance World Championship]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k9V59nT3j-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ys8ZLH8Hz7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LWbv6jkE1MI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

cycleworld.com: 2012 BMW S1000RR ÔÇô first ride
ÔÇ£The only bike capable of topping the 2011 BMW S100RR? The 2012 S1000RR.ÔÇØ

mcnews.com.au: *S 1000 RR Product Manager Sepp M?ñchler talks product & racing

webbikeworld.com: BMW Santiago Boots - review

visordown.com: K1600 goes on extended heated seat test

ultimatemotorcycling.com: 2012 Kawasaki KLR650 preview

dealernews.com: Suzuki unveils V-Strom 650 and 1000 Adventure bikes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hpBo1MohtjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lij8bPdgP-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0nrZ86gUgU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cage World

motosportotal.com: BMW and PSA announce joint venture

fromdreamgarage.jpg

moneyweb.co.za: BMW's big bet on SA

girlracer.co.uk: road-tests ÔÇô MINI John Cooper Works coupe ÔÇô First drive

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: SEE: Search - Evaluate - Execute. Check your mirrors frequently and use head checks to monitor blind spots. http://t.co/ZWxeceol

QOD: If you accidentally lock the rear brake on a good traction surface, what should you do? http://t.co/bOzMqITY

Bike Candy

A custom style you don't see applied every day on a Moto Guzzi

moto-guzzi-4-L.jpg

moto-guzzi-3.jpg

moto-guzzi-2.jpg

moto-guzzi-1.jpg

v\
moto-guzzi.jpg

Thursday, 27 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

SBK

worldsbk.com: Corser speaks of his long career

worldsbk.com: Haslam has first ride on new BMW

bikesportnews.com: Aprilia confrim Laverty will partner Biaggi for WSBK 2012

speedweek.de: World Superbike ÔÇô KTM progressing.
The German site says KTM will race in the Italian championship for 2012 and make a decision mid-season about going to the big show in 2013.

MotoGP

visordown.com: Toslane = 'MotoGP must go on for Marco'

motorcycle-usa.com: Edwards and Barbera sort CRT sagas

Formula 1

formula1.com: India preview

bbc.cco.uk: Eddie Jordan hails 'huge' New Jersey F1 Grand Prix

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UiwV-VuGeYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EHBvswAbM3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hxuHtS3H6Sw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7o8i331uRn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

reuters.com: German bank 'threatened to sack Ecclestone'

Other Racing

BMW Motorsport: Bruno Spengler to drive BMW M3 DTM from 2012

girlracer.co.uk: IndyCar discuss Las Vegas crash investigation

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kSI3KsI4mLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On the Street

motorcyclistonline.com: Good samaritan | Street Savvy

dealernews.com; Polaris takes a minority stake in Brammo
-related-
thekneeslider.com: Polaris invests in Brammo ÔÇô gains access to electric vehicle and powertrain technology

motorcyclenews.com: Husqvarna Nuda 900 ÔÇô first ride!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GTeahUSECjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

webbikeworld.com: Arai Signet ÔÇô Q helmet review
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_yB2GMDgkJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aKXkL1Ae51A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nJXlGECfWOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/14WjMkurybI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

National Geographic Channel to feature BMW's South Carolina Plant in documentary

Google.com/patent

Applications -

US Pat. 13105722 - Filed May 11, 2011 - Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
... (73) Asslgneei Bayensche Motoren Werke nitrogen oxides in the exhaust gas of
intemal-combustion Aktiengesellschafts Muenchen engines in motor vehicles, ...

US Pat. 13041878 - Filed Mar 7, 2011 - Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Process for the automatic longitudinal guidance of a motor vehicle
P\

US Pat. 13021205 - Filed Feb 4, 2011 - Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
[0048] At this point a projection of the position of the motor vehicle (see
block 8 ÔÇ£projection of the positionÔÇØ) has to take place in the second step MM2
Method for position determination for a motor vehicle

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/MalcolmGladwell_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/MalcolmGladwell_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1255&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=malcolm_gladwell;year=2011;theme=master_storytellers;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=tales_of_invention;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=invention;tag=war;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011G/Blank/MalcolmGladwell_2011G-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/MalcolmGladwell_2011G-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1255&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=malcolm_gladwell;year=2011;theme=master_storytellers;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=tales_of_invention;theme=a_taste_of_tedglobal_2011;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;event=TEDGlobal+2011;tag=invention;tag=war;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qHJ4UDBnBbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

prnewswire.com: UAW-Chrysler Group national labor agreement ratified by members

world.honda.com: Production, sales, export results

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ky0hEeaWc_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XWeOSrHn7n0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tumblrlsj32i5ojH1qdzc8ko1500-S.jpg

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Know whatÔÇÖs behind you. Checking your mirrors frequently should be part of your normal ÔÇ£searchÔÇØ routine. P.25 http://t.co/jLCSL9Kj

QOD: What is the most important reason not to grab the front brake or jam down hard on the rear brake? http://t.co/5xUYtXKf

Bike Candy

Lurking with intent?

PoliceFiore-L.jpg

Friday, 30 October

Re-posted after correcting major problems. (I hope)

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

SBK

Some more details of changes to the championship regulations were delivered by the FIM today in a press release. A pr?®cis of the main points follows:

* For Immediate Application - Practice by riders and teams contracted to compete in the FIM Superbike World Championship is prohibited from the 1st of December until the 15th of January.

* From January 1st 2012, the date of birth of all prospective Superstock riders must fall between 1st January 1986 and 29th March 1996.

* In Superbike, Supersport and Superstock classes, as of 2012 there will be only one motorcycle per rider on race weekends. In*Supersport each rider will have only eight engines at his disposal for the entire season, while in*the Superstock class there will be a limit of three engines per rider for an entire season.

* The balancing rules between various motorcycle concepts will be changed, with further details to be passed on at a later date. New minimum weights have been brought in for 1200cc twins in the Superbike class - 171kg - up six kilos on the starting base of 2011. Fours remain at 165kg, but there will be no tolerance on the minimum weight for any type of machine.

* All pre-Superpole practice and qualifying session in the Superbike class will now be of 45 minutes duration, and Superpole itself will run to a new timetable.

* In the case of a Dry Superbike Superpole, the first 16 riders will qualify for Superpole 1, the first 12 riders in Superpole 1 will go into Superpole 2, and the top eight riders from that session will go forward to Superpole 3. In the case of a Wet Superpole having been declared, The first 16 riders will take part in wet Superpole 1, which will last for 20-minutes. The fastest eight riders will go into Superpole 2, which will also last for 20 minutes.

* There will be no flag-to-flag races in Superbike, and if the Race Director considers that a dry race has become wet he can interrupt the race to allow riders to change to wet tyres. Wet races will not be interrupted for climatic reasons. If a race has been stopped for climatic reasons, then the restart will automatically be a wet race.

* All riders competing in the race at the time the red flag was shown will be able to restart if they are ready for a restarted race.

* New penalties for riders can now include a drop of position, plus a drop of any number of grid positions at the rider's next race, as well as other existing penalties.

Final rules will be published soon.

Full FIM press release

MotoGP

bbc.co.uk: Injured Edwards misses Valencia Full FIM update

motogp.com: Emotional funeral service bids farewell to Marco Simoncelli

gressiniracing.com: Diobo' Quanta Gente!

MotoGP Video
Rewaind: Marco Simoncelli

motomatters.com: Major new rules for WSBK – 1 Bke per rider, twins weight limits increased, egning limits in Supersport

Formula 1

2011 Indian GP

fia.com: Race Preview

fia.com: Thursday Press Conference
DRIVERS - Rubens BARRICHELLO (Williams), Narain KARTHIKEYAN (HRT), Felipe MASSA (Ferrari),* Michael SCHUMACHER (Mercedes), Jarno TRULLI (Team Lotus), Adrian SUTIL (Force India)*
formula1.com: Pre- India analysis – drivers ready to relish voyage of discovery

formula1.com: Practice two – Massa edges out Vettel in India

formula1.com: Friday practice – selected team and driver quotes

pirelli.com: Massa fastest for Ferrari as Formula One arrives in India

jamesallonf1.com: Tricky but rewarding – drivers give new Buddh Circuit thumbs up

bbc.co.uk: Hamilton given Indian Grand Prix grid penalty
Hamilton dropped three spots on Sunday grid for ignoring a caution flag.

reuters.com: Indian GP dogged by annimals? You bet.

India Practice – Team releases
ATT Williams
Ferrari
Lotus Renault GP
Mercedes GP
McLaren
Red Bull
Sauber F1 Team
Toro Rosso

Other Racing

thekneeslider.com: Buy one motorcycle then keep it forever

motorracing.live: Heading for Qatar

ferrarri.com: Niki Lauda and Ron Howard in Maranello for film about the challenge with James Hunit in the dramatic F1 season of 1976

On the Street

visordown.com: First rides: Husqvarna Nuda 900

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1c6Is27uFeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motorcycle-ues.com: 2011 Moto-Guzzi-V7 Racer first ride

nortonmotorcycles.com: Norton Motorcycles (UK) Ltd welcomes Paul Tunnicliffe
Norton continues to build its staff

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/urMK5YesRdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dealernews.com: Dual-sport motorcycle sales see 14.3 percent jump, scooters increase 17.2 percent in Q3: MIC

motorcyclenews.com: Staff Bikes – Taming the Tiger's thirst

Jesse James Will Battle The Teutuls In 2 American Chopper TV Shows In December
Yesterday, October 27, 2011, 2:44:58 PM | Cyril Huze
On May 15, 2011 I broke the news that Jesse James would return to TV in a 3-way build-off with the Teutuls, Paul Jr. and Paul Sr. This afternoon, Jesse just confirmed to me that the face-off will be “live” on 2 consecutive nights on the Discovery Channel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dQgtNAmsA8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ocvppp4RN5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GzdW3BHLujg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4AjQqnBUkDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PVrcpfUv_eY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yzVUTknEHbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R-xh82N9fhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Method and apparatus to improve vehicle situational awareness at intersections
Today, October 28, 2011, 19 minutes ago
US Pat. 8031062 - Filed Nov 3, 2008
The latter is a system that first appeared on BMW 5 and 6 Series models and uses
a ... on color such as described in Published US Patent Application

A new era begins: production start-up for the new BMW 3 Series at the home plant in Munich.
Today, October 28, 2011, 4 hours ago
BMW Group invests half a billion euros in the Munich plant. Decision in favour of home plant secures 9,000 workplaces. Munich is lead plant for BMW 3 Series production worldwide. BMW Group achieves virtually zero non-recyclable production waste for the first time. Ude: Impressive commitment to Munich on the part of BMW.

BMW Guggenheim Lab Ends Successful New York City Run with More than 300,000 Participants from Around the World. Next Stop Berlin on Nine-City, Six-Year Tour.
Today, October 28, 2011, 4 hours ago
New York/Munich, October 28, 2011. At the close of the inaugural BMW Guggenheim Lab in New York City on October 16, Richard Armstrong, Director of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and Foundation, and Frank-Peter Arndt, Member of the Board of Management, BMW AG, announced that the Lab attracted 54,000 visitors from 60 countries during its 2 1/2 month run from August 3 to October 16, 2011, and that 329,000 users from more than 150 countries have visited the bmwguggenheimlab.org website

Google.com/patents
[APPLICATION]Method for Automatic Shutdown of an Internal Combustion Engine
Today, October 28, 2011, 7 minutes ago
US Pat. 13151695 - Filed Jun 2, 2011 - Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
... Bayerische l\/[()t()1'en Werke (52) US C1. .................................
..................... .. 477/183 Aktiengesellschaft, Muenchen (DE) (57) ...
[APPLICATION]Internal-Combustion Engine and Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition Process

Yesterday, October 27, 2011, 6:23:16 PM
US Pat. 13156072 - Filed Jun 8, 2011 - Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft

FWIW

<!--copy and paste--><object width="526" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgColor" value="#ffffff"></param><param name="flashvars" value="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011/Blank/BeatriceCoron_2011-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/BeatriceCoron_2011-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1257&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=beatrice_coron_stories_cut_from_paper;year=2011;theme=a_taste_of_ted2011;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=art_unusual;event=TED2011;tag=Arts;tag=art;tag=creativity;tag=storytelling;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;" /><embed src="http://video.ted.com/assets/player/swf/EmbedPlayer.swf" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" bgColor="#ffffff" width="526" height="374" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="vu=http://video.ted.com/talk/stream/2011/Blank/BeatriceCoron_2011-320k.mp4&su=http://images.ted.com/images/ted/tedindex/embed-posters/BeatriceCoron_2011-embed.jpg&vw=512&vh=288&ap=0&ti=1257&lang=eng&introDuration=15330&adDuration=4000&postAdDuration=830&adKeys=talk=beatrice_coron_stories_cut_from_paper;year=2011;theme=a_taste_of_ted2011;theme=new_on_ted_com;theme=art_unusual;event=TED2011;tag=Arts;tag=art;tag=creativity;tag=storytelling;&preAdTag=tconf.ted/embed;tile=1;sz=512x288;"></embed></object>

Cage World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-OUDc4RyZB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: Why does operating the clutch require special skill? http://t.co/sFzGMQ6C

Bike Candy

GoldStarBSA-L.jpg

Friday, October 28: Update – F1 Indian GP

Formula 1

formula1.com: Friday Analysis – Buddh International proves to be a big hit

FIA.com

fia.com Grid Penalties for Perez and Hamilton

Friday Classifications / Times
1st Session: Classifications, Times
2nd Session: Classifications, Times

Friday Press Conference
TEAM REPRESENTATIVES - Jean Francois CAUBET (Renault F1 Sport), Monisha
KALTENBORN (Sauber), Vijay MALLYA (Force India), Adam PARR (Williams), Franz
TOST (Toro Rosso)

lotusrenaultgp.com: James Allison - “It has been a fun first day”

speedtv.com: Video – Indian GP chalk talk

I will have qualifying results news and more in my Saturday post.

Saturday, 29 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

MotoGP

motomatters.com: MotoGP testing limits to be abolished for 2012

teamtech3.fr: Colin Edwards injury update

ultimatemotorcycling.com: Valencia MotoGP ÔÇô Josh Hayes in for Edwards

Formula 1

Saturday: P3
Classifications
Lap Times

bbc.co.uk: Sebastian Vettel heads Jenson Button at Indian GP

lotusrenaultgp.com: Indian GP Practice 3
redbull.com: Saturday practice

Qualifying: Indian GP
Classifications
Lap Times
Maximum Speeds
Sector Times
Speed Trap

Note: These are provisional. Vitally Petrov carries a 5 position grid penalty for India for crashing into Schumacher in Korea. Perez and Hamilton have been given 3 position grid penalties for ignoring caution flags during Friday practice sessions. Finally, HRT made a late replacement of a gearbox; therefore, Ricciardo will take a five position penalty (if that is possible). During Qualifying Karthikeyan received a five position penalty for blocking Schumacher.

Qualifying Press Conference Transcript
DRIVERS 1 - Sebastian VETTEL (Red Bull)
2 - Lewis HAMILTON (McLaren)
3 - Mark WEBBER (Red Bull)

Qualifying Notes:
A dirty track and pending penalties to offset threw much of what Steve Matchet previously laid out for tyre management Chalk Talk. Most of the field took the track on hard tyres to start Q1. Blowing dust made the track slick. Combining with the slick track some teams opted for softs in Q1 to guarantee advancing to Q2. Petrov made the most of this taking Q1 honors. Race tyre management may have come into play in Q2 where he finished in P11 failing to advance to Q3.

Partway through Q1 Timo Glock exited his Virgin car due to gearbox problems. This creates a issue for the race stewards. Glock turned a time of 1:34.046 in Q1. The 107% rule required time set by Petrov's Q1 time was 1:32.222. [Glock will race - Stewards Report ]

Tyre management dictated how Q3 played out. Vettel, Webber, Massa, Alonso and Hamilton were the only drivers out for much of the final session. In the closing minutes Button and Rosberg joined in. Despite all the efforts to get people out and competing in Q3 Sutil, Buemi and Alguersuari did not turn a wheel in the session and will retain tyre choice for the start of the race.

Vettel takes the inaugural Indian GP pole. Hamilton finished in P2 but will start in P7 due to his penalty. The result is another Red Bull front row. Behind them will be the Ferrari of Alonso and Button in the other McLaren. Massa and Rosberg will make up row three. Hamilton rejoins the grid in P7 with Sutil next to him. Buemi and Alguersuari round out the top 10.

formula1.com: Vettel on pole for inaugural Indian race

Other F1 news and video:

bbc.co.uk: Paul di Resta to keep Force India seat in 2012

ndtv.com: How Ferrari's F1 technology works

apparently not so well sometime -

timesofinida.com: Aerodynamics our biggest problem, Fernando Alonso

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wtN6q61hTZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lqs2LtE8rzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other Racing

On the Street

mb.com.ph: Sport bike can go ballistic
MANILA, Philippines -- How would you feel if someone approaches you and gives you the key of a P1.4 million sport motorbike that mortals only see during prestigious world motorcycle racing championship series?

nationalpost.com: Preview ÔÇô 2012 BMW S1000RR

motorcycledaily.com: Large displacement scooters ÔÇô where the rubber meets the road

visordown.com: Video onboard the Husqvarna Nuda

allaboutbikes.com: Juiced ÔÇô the coolest electric cafe racer you'll ever see

allaboutbikes.com: Top 10 things to do in the off season

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Igjt0cm6trE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6FsdA-M6px4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FWaGzMklYBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EkHYGdwDBy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U53yl4zQFV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FWIW

Cartoons and Motorcycles go together
LaverdaSF75074-M.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h0LqfnA8FI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IobnxIhunf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey
Before a log trip
Before winter

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

TIP: Passengers need the same protection that you do ÔÇô proper clothes and a helmet. P.50 http://t.co/jfDAORhW

QOD: What is a benefit of maintaining correct riding posture? http://t.co/vxNvujQ4

Bike Candy

MotorbikesPearce-L.jpg

Sunday, 30 October

happy-birthday-108-S.gif

MotoGP

gpone.com: Chico Lorenzo – More should be done

Formula 1

Saturday leftovers: :eat

jamesallenonf1.com: Vettel on pole ahead of inaugural Indian GP

formula1.com: Qualifying analysis

From FIA.com
Red Bull Starts from front row
Massa wants kurbs changed
Toro Rosso setup
Schumacher struggles with gap

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BbnY3thI4DY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2011 Indian GP

Starting Grid
Classification
Lap Chart
Lap Analysis
Fastest Laps
History Chart
Maximum Speeds
Pit Stop Summary
Sector Times
Speed Trap

formula1.com: Race – Vettel eases to inaugural Indian GP victory

bbc.co.uk: Indian GP - as it happened

jamesallenonf1.com: Massa - “I have nothing against Hamilton”

speedtv.com: Ross brawn puts job on line for Mercedes success

speedtv.com; 'Third Car' issue under consideration for 2013

speedtv.com: Formula One must accept move to new markets - Todt

Other Racing

speedweek.de: Troy Bayliss wants to race again

On the Street

webbikeworld.com: Go Cruise throttle control review

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Update on the legal battle over the Sturgis and Black Hills Rally trademarks

cycleworld.com: Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS – long term test update

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rsJa8YUmnh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mothership

Recall: NHTSA Campaign ID no. 11V521000
Dated: OCT 20, 2011 BMW IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2008-2011 5-SERIES, 5-SERIES GRAN TURISMO, 7-SERIES, X5 SAV, AND X6 SAV VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 8- OR 12-CYLINDER, TURBOCHARGED, ENGINES BECAUSE THE CIRCUIT BOARD FO...

The MINI Roadster
MINI is pushing ahead with the rigorous expansion of its model family. The latest addition to the range is the MINI Roadster, the sixth model in the brand’s current line-up and the first open-top two-seater in its history. Cutting-edge, typically MINI interpretation of the compact, two-seater sports car concept with manually-opening soft-top roof; first premium car of its kind in the small car segment; unique package appealing to demanding target groups with a penchant for elegant sportiness, spontaneous open-top driving fun and irresistible design; inspiring handling fuelled by powerful engines and sophisticated chassis technology; unrivalled scope for individualisation

Cage World

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sA_W_9tFhRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WEATHER
US:

CA:

ROAD CONDITIONS
US:

CA:

Download Manuals
Breakdown Dictionary
Tyre Options
Tips
Before every journey…
Before a log trip…
Before winter…

1224188747_KnFmX-Ti.jpg

Woot of the Day

1248585279_iDbKX-O.jpg

QOD: A street legal motorcycle, at minimum, should be equipped with what? http://t.co/b9pVfi6F

Bike Candy

vincentownersclubmotorcyclespa.jpg

Back