• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bench Racing & The Morning Reads

Tuesday, 7 September

WSBK et al.

worlsbk.com: Biaggi settles for the points as Imola beckons

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2RtAENnzEs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2RtAENnzEs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gr3_EFgeDkE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gr3_EFgeDkE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

omnimoto.it: Kawasaki ZX-10R Ninja 2011 WSBK

WSS

On top again
998014537_DNsFM-S.jpg

.BMW PressClub Italy
Translation by Bing

Superstock FIM Cup-8 ?? proof of 10. Nurburgring (Germany), 3-5 September 2010
Press releases
Nurburgring, 5 September 2010-with the victory gained German of Nurburgring circuit-the eighth season-Ayrton Badovini has delivered in advance at BMW also the FIM Cup constructors. In fact, the pilot of the BMW Motorrad Italy STK team with 25 points earned brought home to Munich for a benefit of 51 lengths on the Honda. With 50 points available in the last two races, no House can reach the BMW. It was not an easy race for Badovini that evil party has controlled the situation before reaching halfway Berger (ten Kate Honda) and overtake three laps from the end.

998014367_u2hno-S.jpg

Started very well Daniele Beretta occupying the eighth position but later lost ground in conclusion in twelfth position, which, however, allow him to enter the absolute top ten.
Serafino Foti, team manager of BMW Motorrad Italy STK team, said: "it was a day to remember even this of Nurburgring because we gave away to BMW, beyond the FIM Cup Riders also brands. I must say that Ayrton showed once again its absolute superiority. Did not start well but managed to stay focused to retrieve the initial gap of almost two seconds. Daniele, unfortunately, party very well but by the middle of the race on, instead of gain positions loses some however the top ten of the Drivers standings. "

Andrea Buzzoni, Director of BMW Motorrad Italy said: "Great Ayrton test that has retrieved safely and calm from the sixth to the first position. An excellent race management that emphasizes, if it were needed, the current level of pilot, motorcycle and teams who have won the Cup in advance. In this regard today we won the Cup Manufacturers, success that sum to all records collected in this exceptional season debut ".
The next test of Superstock FIM Cup will take place on the circuit of Imola, Sunday 26 September.
THE RANKING OF race 1. Badovini (BMW) 22.02 "582-2. Berger (Honda) 0906-3. Antonelli (Honda) 3058-4. Barrier (BMW) to 12078-5. Baz (Yamaha) at 12328 .... 12. 20422 Beretta (BMW).
THE RANKING OF THE FIM CUP 1. Badovini p. 200-2. Berger p. 106-3. Magnoni p. 94-4. Antonelli p. 89-5. Giugliano p.71 ... 10. Beretta p. 38. 1. BMW Constructors: p. 200-2. Honda p. 149-3. Suzuki p. 87-4. Yamaha p. 67-4. Ducati p. 59

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOwYU7_X4PU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOwYU7_X4PU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MotoGP

fim-live.com: Death of rider Shoya Tomizawa

gpone.com: Reactions from the paddock

bbc.o.uk: Valentino Rossi leads tributes to rider Shoya Tomizawa

motogp.com: Further tributes for Tomizawa from fellow riders

reuters.com: MotoGP safety in spotlight after Tomizawa death

Formula 1 and 

formula1.com: Peter Sauber Q&A ÔÇô Team funding set for 2011

renaultfq.com: Robert Kubica ÔÇô ÔÇ£Monza is a circuit that can throw up surprisesÔÇØ

Other Racing

Start-finish victory for Simo Kirssi once again

Simo Kirssi has ended the German Cross Country Championship in style. The BMW factory rider owned the final race held in Schefflenz from start to finish.

998015083_ENP4m-S.jpg

The wonderful Schefflenz track, a long-time mainstay in the German offroad scene, offered splendid conditions and lots of real cross country elements. The win for the fifth time this year went to a dominant Kirssi, who had clinched the title already at the penultimate round and might have taken it easy. But being the competitive athlete he is, Kirssi put the hammer down for yet another stunning display of his riding skills.

The 30-year-old took command right at the beginning of the two-hour moto, and never had to look back. Whether it was multi-time Enduro World champ Samuli Aro or first round winner Stefan Svitko, the competition stood no chance against the speed of the "Flying Finn". 2.000 specators might have wished for more drama at the front, but in return Kirssi rewarded them with the ultimate riding clinic. When the chequered flag came out, the 2010 series champ had extended his lead to over two and a half minutes.

A major asset in Kirssi??s performance was yet again Team BMW Husqvarna Motorsport. The winner??s BMW 450 X was as well prepared as always and the pitstop lasted only 14 seconds. The BMW 450 has been the most successful cross country bike in recent years, winning alone five of the seven rounds held this season. Kirssi and his motorcycle have taken 13 out of 21 wins since 2008.

The XCC campaign 2010 is now drawing near its end. Only the European final in October is left. Kirssi travels to Rudolstadt (9 October) to defend his continental title.

Simo Kirssi: "What a perfect end to the German Cross Country Championship! My bike ran without a problem. This 450 must be the ultimate cross country weapon. I didn??t have to go to the limit today, it was just one of these days when everything clicks. I had a brilliant start and began to gap the field right away. When I hit the track again after the pitstop, it was just a matter of controlling the field. A big thanks goes to my fans, the team, BMW and the sponsors. I??m excited to go to the European final. My closing race of the season will be the Roof of Africa in November."

Markus Theobald ÔÇô Project Manager Offroad Sport: "Simo was untouchable again. My sincere congratulations for today??s win and the title victory. We??re happy how our 450 proves to be the best cross country bike. Looking at the level of world class competition, these results really tell a lot. Now we??re looking forward to the European final."

German Cross Country Championship, final, Schefflenz
1. Simo Kirssi (FIN), BMW Husqvarna Motorsport, 23 Runden
2. Mickael Musquin (FRA), BMW, 23
3. Dennis Ullrich (GER), Honda, 23
4. Christian Wei?ƒ (GER), TM, 23
5. Steffen Albrecht (GER), Yamaha, 23
6. Stefan Svitko (SK), KTM, 23
7. Marco Straubel (GER), KTM, 22
8. Jens Wiedemann (GER), Suzuki, 22
9. Samuli Aro (FIN), KTM, 21
10. Andreas Schulz (GER), KTM, 19

German Cross Country Championship, final ranking
1. Simo Kirssi, 192 Punkte
2. Samuli Aro, 154
3. Stefan Svitko, 145
4. Christian Wei?ƒ, 133
5. Steffen Albrecht, 132

On the Street

motorcylenews.com
: Keira Knightley rides Ducati Supersport 750 for ad campaign
I like how she looks on a bike but please not in beige

motorcyclistonline.com: Hybrid Glove by Joe Rocket

FWIW

A BMW-engined MotoGP bike project by Eskil Suter is the subject of a teaser article by Visordown.com. In the process they open up a new set of racing possibilities for us to wonder about over our morning coffee.

998014184_C7cpj-S.jpg

The Moto2 class provides a racing class for chassis designers to ply their trade without the need to struggle with the engine side. All bikes in the class are powered by a Honda 600cc engine. With the new MotoGP liter rules on the horizon Suter saw the possibility of taking that new found chassis expertise and stuffing a liter engine into it and seeing what possibilities would be there for privateers. The nifty thing about the new rules is the S1000RR engine fits the bore rule while providing a very compact package. The article emphasizes there is no BMW factory support for this project. I can only hope that will change with time.

F1 fans who know their history will remember that BMW had a long history of being an engine supplier to that form of racing before taking the plunge with the purchase of Peter SauberÔÇÖs Hinwil operation and becoming a chassis builder as well. When they exited F1 at the end of the 2009 season the chassis operation at Hinwil went back to Sauber but the engine development team remained in BMW.

Idle hands are the devils workshop so why not put them to work building prototype engines for the new MotoGP homologation rules? The showroom success of the S1000RR should have demonstrated to the financial minded at the home office that properly done the race on Sunday sell on Monday model can be profitable. I hope they can see a business model in being a Sunday race engine builder that sells the technology developed there on Monday. It has the potential of swelling the premiere MotoGP class numbers while spreading sporting fun over the entire product lineup.

Bike Candy

This could be a picture of the Roadster and me on a recent trip. True Simo Kirssi is grabbing a bit of air on purpose but me myself I and the other guy in the helmet agree this is what we probably look like when we grab air.

998014138_XiekH-M.jpg

Now if we could only figure out how to land like Kirssi I am certain grabbing air will be a lot less painful for the Roadster and me.
:rofl

Wednesday, 8 September

WSBK et al.

Ducati may not field a factory team in 2011 but expect a strong private factory supported effort on several fronts. Smrz joins all-new Ducati team in 2011

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XZZ2mcMGVY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XZZ2mcMGVY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

MotoGP

motorcyclenews.com: Marshals may face manslaughter charges over Shoya Tomizawa death

Formula 1 and 

fia.com: Italian GP Previvew
Media Kit

formula1.com: BMW Sauber retain Kobayashi for 2011
In other press stories De la RosaÔÇÖs seat has been in question despite his performance because he has not brought sponsor dollars.

bbc.co.uk: Ferrari face fate at FIA hearing on team orders charge.
If further action, read points being taken away, expect this to end up in the French courts bcause, as reuters.com points out, AlonsoÔÇÖs title hopes may hang on the Paris hearing.

Other Racing

fim-live.com: Preview ÔÇô 74th Bol dÔÇÖOr this coming weekend at Magny Cours

999253414_agpM6-S.jpg

I always think of ELF racing efforts in the 80ÔÇÖs when ever the Bol dÔÇÖOr comes around.

On the Street

Thevintegent.blogspot.com: On ducatis, Rubys and Women Riders.
Kira Knightly may lead the article but the payoff will come when you get to the real inspiration; Jacqui van Ham.

motorcycle-usa.com: Dr. FrazierÔÇÖs Big Dog BMW GS Adventure

thekneeslider.com: Erik Buell Racing 1190S streetbike semi official announcement

cbsnews.com: How BMW Group deals with an aging work force

How H-D and the Union see taking care of the Milwaukee workers-Proposed Contract pdf

Did any of you watch the Sons of Anarchy season premier?

Motorcycle-USA is running a timely book review: LetÔÇÖs Ride, Sonny BargerÔÇÖs Guide Book to Motorcycling

webbikeworld.com: Sidi Jasmine Boots review

FWIW

Bike Candy

Bol ÔÇÿdOr 1981 brought the debut of the ELFe bike. Alan Cathcart wrote a retrospective tracing a decade of radical chassis experimentation in the January 2008 issue of Motocyclist. Here are a few pictures I have collected of the bikes that challenged our understanding of motorcycle chassis design in those days.

999253807_2dFYz-S.jpg

999254114_ttN35-M.jpg

999253922_xnMVe-M.jpg

This is the variant that captured my imagination back in the day. Either Motorcyclist or Cycle World ran an article with pictures of this chassis that I stared at for hours trying to wrap my mind around the images and information.

999253245_AdzhX-S.jpg

999253203_RU64G-S.jpg

999253327_zBjx7-S.jpg

999253468_YpHMj-S.jpg

FIA World Motor Sport Press Release

FIA Press Release: World Motor Sport Council

The FIA press release covers a number of topics covered by the World Motor Sport Council. What is most important to the 2010 F1 Championship is what it does not say and that is anything about Ferrari, Alonso, Massa or team orders. Reuters reports that Angelo Sticchi Damiani, president of Italy's CAI Motorsport Federation said as of a unanimous decision no further action will be taken in this matter. Ferrari has not made a statement at this point.

Formula 1
- 2011 schedule announcement
- No 13th team for 2011. None of the applicants met scrutiny.

World Rally Championship
- 2011 rules dicusssion

GT 1
The canceled November 7, 2010 Durban event will be replaced with an event October 23-24, 2010 in Navarra Spain.

WTCC
- Rules changes announced for engines
- 2011 schedule announced

Other statements included on
- Drivers conduct: The code of conduct for Super License holders will be amended to require they a valid street license and that infraction on the street can result in suspension of the Super License. The most recent offender that comes to mind is Lewis Hamilton for his troubles on the street in Australia at the beginning of the season. Other Super License holders could easily be named also.
- Competitors License: A proposal to license key team members will be presented to the FIA assembly. This hopefully will keep egg off the face of the FIA in future team scandals. If you recall the FIA some of the FIA actions in the Renault ÔÇÿcrash-gateÔÇÖ scandal were overturned in the courts because the people were not licensed or specifically covered by the racing codes of conduct. In addition to closing that loophole the codes could provide a basis for denying a license and thus keeping someone from entering or returning (ouch Flavio Briatori) to any of the FIA Chanpionships.

Thursday, 9 September

WSBK et al.

The Yoshimura Suzuki team intended to run in a limited number of WSBK races this season and WorldSBK they will not compete in any more.

All is not sweetness and light in Roundel land it seems.

crash.net: Elbow knock hampers Corser

gpone.com: The good, the bad and the ugly ÔÇô Nurburgring

moto22.com: Superbike Germany 2010 ÔÇô The best and worst of racing Nurburgring

moto22.com: Interview with Ruben Xaus ÔÇô Part 1

moto22.com: Interview with Ruben Xaus ÔÇô Part 2

MotoGP

motogp.com: The Italian Motorcycling FederationÔÇÖs thoughts on Shoya TomizawaÔÇÖs death

Formula 1 and 

FIA.com: Press Release
The press release covers the decision to take no further actions to penalize Ferrari for team orders.

bbc.co.uk: FIA rejects new team applications [more analysis]

Other Racing

French Superbike
FSBK: The S 1000 RR Erwan Nigon and S?®bastien Gimbert hover Championship.
Press release

S?®bastien Gimbert double winner while Erwan Nigon monte twice on the second podium position. After a weekend where both pilots BMW Motorrad have all won, they will be able to share in the next and last round in Albi titles of champion and vice champion of France Superbike. The BMW Motorrad team also won the constructor title.

Testing free and super pole: a doubled on the grid
The weekend started well with free trials. From the outset, the S 1000 RR frantic chronos, with some time regularly below 1 ' 38 ' 00 Saturday 15 h 20 - the hostilities began with the qualification session. Some towers will suffice to our pilots to climb in Super pole 1.
Thus, after completing a masterly 1 ' 36 ' 603 meeting test, S?®bastien wins the best time. Not surprisingly, his teammate follows it is Jake Da Costa (Kawasaki) who signs the third time.

Saturday 16 h 05 - Le top 20 timed session restarts for 15 minutes for the Super pole 1. This time, it is in the eight first should be positioned. Outset, S?®bastien Gimbert reiterates its previous session at the tenth, chrono followed once again to Erwan Nigon. They come to stand immediately leaving their opponents confront the 6 remaining seats. Top 8 is completed by Jake Da Costa, David Muscat, Olivier Four, Freddy Foray, Vincent Philippe and William Dietrich. Qualification will be for one of these men there.

Saturday 16 h 28 - it is time for the best 8 drivers day come face to face with focus on online Super pole and additional points in the Championship. Once again, S?®bastien Gimbert occupies the first place and Erwan Nigon second. S?®bastien ?®lancera therefore top and resumes 1 point to his team-mate to 0,005 seconds! The chronos are very tight between our two drivers, promising a beautiful race the following day.

S?®bastien Gimbert double winner while Erwan Nigon monte twice on the second podium position. After a weekend where both pilots BMW Motorrad have all won, they will be able to share in the next and last round in Albi titles of champion and vice champion of France Superbike. The BMW Motorrad team also won the con

monimoto.it: Dakar 2011 ÔÇô early registrations close for motorcycles ÔÇô 200 motorcycles and quads ÔÇô BMW confirms

motorcycle-usa.com: Single Track Mind ÔÇô Racing Consequences [Editorial]

pirellityre.com: Formula One star Kubica wins on Pirelli tyres

On the Street

motorcycle.com: Inside BMW ÔÇô From skunk works to Motorrad Days

motorcyclenews.com: Triumph Tiger 800 spotted I igh speed track tests

clutchandchrome.com: Mixed reviews for motorcycle drama

ducatinewstoday: Fast forward to 2012 ÔÇô Ducati Desmosedici 800 Rossi Replica anyone?

Or perhaps something a bit more practical but sporting none the less;

motorcyclistonline.com: Me & My Bike ÔÇô 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250

gizmag.com: ItÔÇÖs pulling us in! Researchers make tractor beams a reality

Bike Candy

From zelastchancegarage ÔÇôTo Serve and Protect

1000690590_TKE3P-S.jpg

1000690578_x2NKH-M.jpg

1000690623_u3feC-M.jpg

1000690615_3WnYK-M.jpg

1000690660_Bdkyw-M.jpg

Thursday, 9 September - Bol d'Or Extra

Bol dÔÇÖOr

BMP-ELF-99 LEAD QUALIFYING FOR THE BOL D'OR

The BMP-ELF-99 Racing Team got the 2010 Bol d'Or weekend off to a strong start, with the team's riders topping the timesheets in all four of today's qualifying sessions at the Magny-Cours circuit in France.

Sebastien Gimbert set the fastest time of the day overall aboard the BMP-ELF-99 liveried BMW S1000RR endurance racer, with Erwan Nigon and Matthieu Lagrive leading their own qualifying groups with after posting laps less than half a second off their teammate's best time.

But the BMP-ELF-99 Racing Team's Bol d'Or debut didn't go completely according to plan today. Nigon crashed heavily at the end of his qualifying session, almost completely destroying the team's practice bike and forcing Lagrive to switch to the race bike for his qualifying session. With the team's mechanics still working to repair the crashed bike, all three riders had to complete this evening's mandatory night practice aboard the race bike, but limited themselves to the minimum five laps required by the regulations.

The BMP-ELF-99 Racing Team's mechanics will continue rebuilding the practice bike overnight, ready for tomorrow's final qualifying sessions and Superpole shootout, in which the team's riders are determined to claim pole position for Saturday's 74th edition of the Bol d'Or.

Matthieu Lagrive
"I'm pretty happy with how things have gone today. Erwan had a big crash during his qualifying session, so I had to ride the race bike in my qualifying session. There were a few small problems, which meant I wasn't able to push for a fast lap time, but the fact that I was fastest in my group shows just how good the BMW and the Michelin tyres are. For me setting the fastest time in qualifying isn't a big priority, more important is setting the bike up and making it easy to ride in the race, especially with the chicanes here at Magny-Cours. Tomorrow, when we're back on the practice bike, I'll be able to push harder and I'm confident the lap times will improve."

Michael Bartholemy: Team Principal
"I'm happy with what we've managed to achieve today on our debut at the Bol d'Or and also our first race with the BMW S1000RR. What we've shown today by setting the fastest time in all four qualifying sessions is that the BMW S1000RR and our three riders certainly have the pace to secure pole position in tomorrow's Superpole shootout, but the race is a different scenario altogether. A lot can go wrong during 24 hours of racing, and this is our first Endurance World Championship round with the BMW S1000RR, so we're determined not to fall into the trap of being overconfident going into Saturday's race. Having said that, today was a good start to the weekend and I hope we can carry this momentum into Superpole tomorrow and the race on Saturday. If we walk away with a top ten finish this weekend, then I'd be happy enough with that."

caradisiac.com: BMW crushes the competition at the first qualifying

motorevue.com: BMW No. 99 starts strong!!!

On the Street

BMW Group increases sales by 12.5% in August

ÔÇó 09.09.2010
ÔÇó Press Release

Munich. The BMW Group once again reported strong sales growth in August. The company delivered a total of 103,239 (prev. yr. 91.800) automobiles to customers worldwide in the month under review ÔÇô an increase of 12.5%. By the end of August, 919,258 BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce vehicles had already been received by customers, with 12.5% more vehicles sold (prev. yr. 817,203) than in the same period in 2009.

The stable growth trend at BMW Motorrad continued in August 2010 with a year-on-year sales increase of 18.1%. At 6,405 units, 982 more motorcycles were sold than in August 2009. In the year to the end of August 2010, 73,442 (prev. yr. 62,001) motorcycles were delivered to customers worldwide. This represents an increase of 18.5%. Thanks to the positive sales performance in persistently difficult market conditions, BMW Motorrad was able to substantially expand its global market share in the relevant motorcycle segment above 500cc. Market share in Germany rose 23.6% (prev. yr. 18.8%). This means almost one in four new motorcycles sold is a BMW. Market share in Italy (18.8%), Spain (18.8%), Belgium (21.1%) and the Netherlands (18.9%) is also in the region of 20%. Top of the list is South Africa, where BMW Motorrad currently has a market share of 38.6%

Full press release is available at bmwgroup.com

Bike Candy

1001187036_UrcHS-M.jpg

Friday, 10 September

WSS

worldsbk.com: German success the icing on BMW’s Superstock cake

300x200-images-stories-news-093_r11_badovini_finish.jpg

Ayrton Badovini wins the BR&MR Burnout Picture Award but blows his chance to be BMW MOA safe rider poster boy by doing burn out. :evil

MotoGP

supebikeplanet: Where the wheels came off – Yamaha MotoGP boss Lin Jarvis on the Rossi exodus

visordown.com: Hayden – 21000cc will be “no different”

Formula 1 and …

reuters.com: Button fastest in first Monza practice –First Practice Times

Other Racing

fim-live.com: FIM Sidecar WC final round – Magny-Cours

bikeadline.com: What a drag – the stunning BMW S1000RR

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Ladies and gntlemen, fasten your kidney belts. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.
And
thevitageent.blogspot.com: Motorcycle Cannonball Run

HFL: This might be America’s next MotoGP track.

On the Street

The business of racing for advertisers is to sell product. Ducati and Xerox take it to the customer with this video.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOUkGjGhg48?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOUkGjGhg48?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Many love to hate CARB, the California Air Research Board, but in this case they are giving us more information about Triumphs new Tiger Adventurers. Ominimoto.it and others have been running with the story of Triumph’s newborn twins being taken to CARB for testing. They both sport triples and adventure gear but clearly will spend time in different play pens.

dealernewss.com: Motocycle fatalities drop 16ppercent in 2009
While this is great the number by itself does not tell us why and that is where the safety payoff may come for us all.

democratandchronicle.com: Greece [town] to crack down on motorcycle noise

Bike Candy

motoblog.it had this tasty bit of candy and a link to the virtual MV Agusta Museum.

1001930374_sjqYR-S.jpg

MV Agusta 350 "DOHC 4-cylinder that won four World Championships Brand (Surtees-Hocking) and 25 races.

Saturday, 11 September

Bol dÔÇÖOr

FIM-live.com: BMW BMP Elf 99 takes Superpole

WSBK et al.

motomatters.com: Laverty joins Melandri in Sterilgarda Yamaha Superbike Squad

World SBK Magazine ÔÇô Nurburgring
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gn-7FXFM1Ck?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gn-7FXFM1Ck?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MotoGP

Editorial Content : gpone.com : In GP racing, therei sno time to pause

motogp.com: Inside the MotoGP garage ÔÇô Team Radios

Formula 1 and 

formula1.com: Friday Analysis

Italian GP Press Conference 2
TECHNICAL DIRECTORS: Aldo COSTA (Ferrari), James KEY (BMW Sauber), Paddy LOWE (McLaren), Sam MICHAEL (Williams), Adrian NEWEY (Red Bull)

Frank Williams has been more interested in seeing his team finish in recent years rather than worrying about championships. Yet he is one of the power brokers among the team principals and apparently supported Ferrari. reuters.com: Williams backed Ferrari on principle, F1 team says

Frank Williams may be among my least favorite people in F1 but I do respect him. Jenson Button dropped what ever he gained by finally winning a championship with this reuters.com report. ÔÇ£Team orders havenÔÇÖt helped hindered me.ÔÇØ Rubens Barrichello may not agree with you on that Mr. Button.

Then along comes F1 Supremo Bernie Ecclestone making hints about team orders ÔÇô bbc.co.uk

Other Racing

fim-live.com: Starting grid for the last 2010 FIM Sidecar World Championship round

On the Street

dealernews.com: Ducati [North America] on August ÔÇô Our sales up 24 percent, industry down 13 percent

motorcycledaily.com: Ducati Multistrada 1200 ÔÇô Game changer?

bmwmcmag.com: Mini electric scooter concept

A lot of content in this editorial bent article from HFL. I have not had a chance to really read through it and follow the links to sources but it looks very interesting.
hellforleathermagaizne.com: Bull****: HarleyÔÇÖs young adult market share and other damned lies

motorcyclenews.com: Triumph Adventure 1200 ÔÇô TriumphÔÇÖs big adventure
A quick comparison between the Tiger line and the GS over the recent history of TriumphÔÇÖs new adventure bikes.

webikeworld.com: BMW S1000RR ride report

FWIW

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hhx8q4NJo3o?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hhx8q4NJo3o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bike Candy

More pictures and information on this BMW R100T custom can be found at bikeexif.com

1002914355_L2hs7-M.jpg

Sunday, 12 September

Formula 1 and 

Crashing is the order of the race weekend once again.

The race to turn one was won by Jenson Button followed by Massa and Alonso. Hamilton was in this mix also, brushed wheels with Massa and appeared to tap AlonsoÔÇÖs rear wing, before he went off into the gravel and out of the race. Alonso challenged Massa and the two raced side by side then Alonso took second from Massa.

The race did not start well for the Red Bull team. Webber had a terrible start falling to ninth in the first lap. He and Schumacher dueled for a period with Webber winning that fight and taking over P8.

Back at the top of the timing charts the Ferraris where taking turns setting fast laps. Yet they were not able to overtake Button who held on to roughly a 0.6second lead for the first ten laps. At that point the top ten were:

P1 Button
P2 Alonso
P3 Massa
P4 Rosberg
P5 Kubica
P6 Hulkenberg
P7 Vettel
P8 Webber
P9 Schumacher
P10 Buemi

At this point tire management for the Ferraris probably took over. Button began pulling his lead out to as much as 1.6 seconds by setting a few fast laps of his own. As the predicted pit window approached Alonso set another fast lap trying to close the gap and set up the potential for a pit pass if Team McLaren falters in the pits. At the same time this trio had separated themselves from the field. Less that four seconds separated Button in P1 from Massa in P3. Massa was under no pressure from Rosberg in P4 a full ten seconds plus adrift of the Brazilian.

On lap 18 De La Rossa was the first driver to pit but no one followed. At the lap 20/53 mark he was the only one to pit for a regular stop and the top ten order remained unchanged.

Lap 21 Vettel radios in that he is experiencing engine problems. Webber passes him on that lap with what replays showed as at ease. He remains out and within a short time appears to be running fine again and able to keep up with Webbers pace.

Lap 25 the back markers begin to pit but none of the top 10 is set for their stops yet. Button and Alonso trade fast laps again. For a few laps Alonso has the gap down to 0.6 seconds but by lap 30 it has opened up to 1.0 seconds again.

At lap 30/53
P1 Button
P2 Alonso
P3 Massa
P4 Rosberg
P5 Kubica
P6 Hulkenberg
P7 Webber
P8 Vettel
P9 Schumacher
P10 Buemi

None of these drivers have pitted.

Massa sets fast laps on lap 30 and 31 keeping him with in four seconds of the leader. At this point the gap back to Rosberg has grown to 17.1 seconds. Behind Rosberg the field has settled into the normal gaps one expects to see on live timing during a race. Kubica appears to be maintaining a steady gap behind Rosberg apparently unable or unwilling to pass him.

At this point there is excitement in the pits. Yamamoto apparently struck a HRT mechanic during his pit stop. An ambulance was dispatched to pit lane to take him away. When the ambulance cleared the pits the pit drama began as members of the top 10 club began to head to the pits. Button waits until lap 37 to make his stop and is followed shortly by Alonso. Once the Spaniard is clear of the Ferrari pit Massa followed in. It will take a couple laps for all to make their stops and sort out the field.

At lap 40/53 with Vettel and Petrov still needing to pit
P1 Alonso
P2 Button
P3 Vettel
P4 Rosberg
P6 Helkenberg
P7 Webber
P8 Kubica
P9 Schumacher
P10 Petrov

Barrichello follows in P11 6.2 seconds behind and the heir apparent to a points paying position when either of these two makes their mandatory pit stop.

Vettel presents an insight into the problems at Mercedes GP. When he was able to pass Rosberg when the German pitted he joined in with the lead pack and has maintained pace with them. At the same time the, now top four spots, have opened the gap back to Rosberg in P5 to almost 20 seconds. The Mercedes apparently has handling and speed to qualify and during the race be large and difficult to pass. This season both Rosberg and Schumacher seem to be defending positions they are able to carve out at the race start rather than being on the offensive and charging for position.

At lap 50 Vettel has a 20 second lead over Rosberg but still needs to pit. Where he will rejoin the field is a matter for conjecture at this pint. With engine problems reported at one point and used up tires he has been able to open the gap on the Mercedes.

As a counter point Hulkenberg and his Williams have been impressive. He has dueled and run a good race.

Vettel pits on lap 52 and returns in P4 putting an exclamation point on the Mercedes GP problems in my book.

Provisional points paying postitions
P1 Alonso
P2 Button
P3 Massa
P4 Vettel
P5 Rosberg
P6 Webber
P7 Hulkenberg
P8 Kubica
P9 Schumacher
P10 Barrichello

Provisionally Webber regains the lead in the driver standings with 187 points to HamiltonÔÇÖs 18. Alonso has 166, Button 165 and Vettel 163.

Look for a latter post with all the links to the FIA information. Off to play. :wave

Other Racing

Bol dÔÇÖOr`

BMP ELF 99 suffers a crash in the closing hours of the race and post a DNF.

The teamÔÇÖs dream weekend seemed to be continuing with the start of the race. To that point they had set the pace in first qualifying and taken the Superpole in a dominate fashion. After a messy Le Mans style start to the race their dominance continued for seven hours. At that point the team suffered an oil leak. A trip to the pits for repairs left them in P6 when they returned. Over the night for us and them they fought their way back into the top three.

When I finally tottered of to bed the race had been going on in the European dark for some time. As my night wore on I would wake up and look at the screen of my laptop and the Bol dÔÇÖOr live timing feed. This is a hilarious way to follow a race. The feed is written in French, which I do not speak, and I was in a sleepy stupor. At times the rankings were quickly digested as racing continued in normal fashion. Other times I would struggle to consciousness as number 99 seemed to have disappeared from my screen.

Pit stops in endurance racing are long and involved. They can include all sorts of things from rider to changes and fueling to tire and brake changes along with other repairs that may be needed. While this is being done at warp speed by my shade-tree mechanic standards the race continues on at its fanatic pace. A simple pit stop can result in the loss of numerous positions. A repair such as the fixing the oil leak on the BMP ELF S1000RR cost the team the lead leaving them in P6 on their return and six laps down.

Endurance racing has a way of evening things out. Your time spent in the pits will be balanced out by your opponentÔÇÖs time in the pits. The challenge to rider and teams is not to panic but to take a long view and continue to press forward. The challenge to fans is to sort out all of this into what is going on when team pit and how this all plays out in the rhythm of a day long race.

As the sun began to peak over the race track horizon No. 99 had made its way back into third spot and a potential podium position The race had settled into a three way duel between SERT (Suzuki Endurance Racing Team), Yamaha GMT and BMP ELF.

With roughly five hours remaining things seemed to be moving along. No. 99 was now in P2 and pressing on. A podium spot seemed to be in hand and the possibility of even a top spot was not out of the question depending on the will of the racing gods and team effort. Team effort continued but the racing gods were cruel.

The bike crashed but was returned to the pits. There the team worked to salvage a race quickly piecing the bike back together only to be thwarted by the realization of a twisted frame. I will sort out the race finish at another point. The team posted this release about the race

BMP-ELF-99 FALL AT FINAL HURDLE

The BMP-ELF-99 Racing Team were on track to secure their best ever Endurance World Championship result in the 74th edition of the Bol d'Or at Magny-Cours today, but all hopes of a podium finish were dashed when Matthieu Lagrive crashed out of second place with just five hours of the race left to run.
Pushing to close the gap on the race leaders, Lagrive hit a false neutral on corner entry, ran wide and crashed heavily. The crash resulted in extensive damage to the BMP-ELF-99 Racing Team's BMW S1000RR, which had performed flawlessly throughout the race, and a long push back to the pits for the four-time Bol d'Or winner.

The team's mechanics repaired the extensive crash damage in record time, allowing Erwan Nigon to return to the track in 19th position with just over four hours of the race remaining. Just one lap later, however, Nigon returned to the pit box complaining of handling issues. The BMP-ELF-99 Racing Team were forced to finally abandon the race after further examination of the bike revealed the chassis had been twisted in the crash.

Sebastien Gimbert: Pilot Bleu
"First a crash, then a stop-go penalty and then another crash. What a difficult weekend, but that's 24-hour racing and you have to be prepared for disappointment, even near the end of the race. ThatÔÇÖs it really; I don't have much else to say about what has been a weekend of real highs and lows for the whole team, all of whom have worked so hard."

Erwan Nigon: Pilot Blanc
"It's very difficult for me and the whole team to accept this finish because we all came here to win. We could have backed off and held our second position, but this is racing; sometimes you push, sometimes you crash and sometimes you win. This weekend we crashed. But there are many positives we can take away with us. We've all adapted quickly to the BMW S1000RR on Michelin tyres, with the result that we've been faster than anyone all week. This is important for the next race in Qatar, where I hope we enjoy a better result than we have this weekend."

Michael Bartholemy: Team Principal
"Matthieu was pushing to close the gap on the leaders, hit a false neutral and crashed out of second place. This is endurance racing and these things happen, but it's doubly disappointing given all the hard work that went into getting us here this weekend and the fact that we cannot now challenge for the championship at the final round in Qatar."

"We were offered the opportunity to race at the Bol d'Or with the BMW S1000RR and, despite the short timescale, we never considered not doing it. The fact that we were fastest throughout practice, qualified on pole and then led the race for the first seven hours shows we made the right decision, but it also illustrates just how much effort everyone in the team has put in to get us to this level so quickly. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone. From the riders, to the guys in the pit box, to the people running hospitality - everyone has pulled together to get us here this weekend. I'd also like to say a big thank you to Elf, Michelin, BMW and all our partners for their support, without which we wouldn't be here."

"Now we must look forward to November and the final round of the Endurance World Championship in Qatar, where I'm confident that the BMP-ELF-99 Racing Team will finally realise their full potential."

Bike Candy

1004394575_FsoLP-M.jpg

1004394609_kPGAW-M.jpg

1004394609_kPGAW-M.jpg

1004395209_HqeNQ-M.jpg

1004395209_HqeNQ-M.jpg

1004394685_DTE6v-M.jpg

1004394752_L4LGn-M.jpg

1004395146_Lt4vV-M.jpg

1004404461_J4gDR-M.jpg

1004394884_LXv2Y-M.jpg

1004395172_H3fr6-M.jpg

1004397174_QL59Z-M.jpg

Monday, 13 September

WSBK et al.

worldsbk.com: Yamaha complete 2011 line-up

motomatters.com: Rea Extends with Ten Kate Honda for 2011

What is missing from the news is who will pilot the WorldSBK S1000RR’s at BMW. Corser seems to be no question but who will be the number two pilot is.

In Britain BMW had another successful SBK weekend: BMWra.org: British Superbike Success!!!

With BMW National and privateer teams having success at all levels with the S1000RR it begs the question why the frustration and confusion at the WorldSBK level continues. I will quickly and fully acknowledge the leap from any of these series to WorldSBK is a huge one. I remain aware that form the outset BMW said this was going to be a methodical building of a team that would take time (read years) but the plan of putting the team together then podiums then wins and finally championships seems to be more than a bit muddled up right now.

Summer break last season found the team at a tipping point. Crashes injuries and lack of any success had the team totally dispirited and on the verge of collapse. The return to the end of the season found a new team fervor and upward direction.

This season’s addition of Davide Tardozzi as team manager gave the appearance that BMW Motorrad Motorsport was ready to make the step from their rookie factory effort caught between WorldSBK professional teams and privateers to the WorldSBK professional team.(if even at the bottom of that group). Yet –

- Tardozzi is a ‘part time’ manager. He continues to live in Italy instead of moving to Germany and the team’s base. It is the 21st century and people regularly and successfully commute huge distances by air and internet for business. I am a believer that serendipity and informal hallway meetings are needed at the startup level the team is at. At this point in the team development this seems a risky policy.

- Corser is pushing. Yes that is what pilots are intended to do. However, he seems to be pushing to the side of the WorldSBK razor edge rather than forward on it. At this level the S1000RR may need brute pushing to the top where it could and should be. But does Corser have the right hold on the bike to do this push? Is he getting the right advice on where he should figuratively grab on to get the job done or is he being left alone to flounder in a mix of his own expectations and frustration?

- Who is number 2? This has ramifications beyond who will ride the S1000RR in the BMW Web.tv 2011 season introduction video. BMW Motorrad Motorsport is a team. Teams have personal things going on no matter what the team member contracts say. Friendships and loyalties develop. Respect is earned and lost that can not be governed by management but is desperately needed in the pits for success on any race weekend.

It is one thing for a wind bag such as me to call for rider changes. Being outspoken and taking contrarian positions makes some of my post more interesting while generating discussion elsewhere. I make no bones about being a huge BMW fan but have never taken the blood oath nor drunk the Roundel labeled cool-aid.

It is a totally different thing for management to sneer that Xaus would need to win all the remaining races to even have a hope of retaining a contract. Talk about the fast track to an epidemic of dismal team moral and poor performance and you will pull this out of your briefcase as an example.

Someplace on the management chain BMW has tied its hands behind their collective back. The hands in the pits on race Sunday have managed to touch their bum now and again. There is hope. The trouble is the head appears to have little idea where their bum is or what to do in the search with the hands they have behind their back.

So much for my ever getting a Christmas card from BMW. Cue the orchestra for the heroic music, it is time for me to say – I love the smell of a rant in the morning.
:evil

WSS

.Superstock 1000 Highlights – Nurburgring 2010
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QfX96zsyYfo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QfX96zsyYfo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MotoGP

crash.net: Staement form Shoya Tomizawa’s family

Formula 1 and …

fia.com: Italian GP Post Race Press Conference
1. Fernando ALONSO (Ferrari), 1h16m24.572s
2. Jenson BUTTON (McLaren), 1h16m27.510s
3. Felipe MASSA (Ferrari), 1h16m28.795s
fia.com: Full timing information from all race weekend sessions

formula1.com: Lewis Hamilton Q&A – It was a mistake

reuters.com: Lotus to end Cosworth F1 deal at end of season
Over at the BBC they are speculating that Lotus and Renault with team up
bbc.co.uk: Lotus agree Renault engine switch for 2011

Not a great deal of information is included in this piece of news yet it is interesting. When the new teams were signed on huge pressure was placed on them to sign with Cosworth. From the FIA perspective they wanted to make the F1 series less dependent on factory supplied engines. From the Cosworth perspective this is a business venture and they need to make money. With the cost limitations placed on engine builders and that unlike the auto company builders they could not spread their costs over production models they needed as many teams as possible to make a profit. The exit of Lotus as a customer would seem to put the bottom line in jeopardy. The inability to be financially viable drove them out of F1 in the past. Financial concerns and changing engine rules for the next formula could see Cosworth exit after the end of this engine formula.

The rookie teams will continue to struggle, even next year, with or without Cosworth. The team that must be nervous about this development is ATT Williams. This year with changes in drivers and engines the team has found new enthusiasm. Rookie Hulkenberg is set to have a strong sophomore season if he has a strong engine.

Other Racing

fim-live.com: SERT takes Bol d’Or victory

roadracingworld.com: More from Saturday’s WERA National Endurance Series 4-hour at Barber

FWIW

jsonline.com: Packers hold on, beat Eagles, 27-20

1005445447_AGteD-S.jpg

Bike Candy

1005967579_FTo58-M.jpg

Tuesday, 14 September

WSBK et al.

DucatiNewsToday.com on: Why is Ducati leaving World Superbikes?
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 when available

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmJp7tNPt7g?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmJp7tNPt7g?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HIJPHBWrxfU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HIJPHBWrxfU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IVvfcRA0x9Y?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IVvfcRA0x9Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MotoGP

fim-live.com[/url[: Fiat Yamaha return to Spain

[url=http://www.roadracerx.com/breaking-news/team-speak-aaragon-motogp-preview/]roadracerx.com
: Team-Speak, Aragon MotoGP Preview

bbc.co.uk: Loris Capirossi misses Aragon MotoGP after hand surgery

ducatginewstoday.com: Yamaha boss favors Rossi Ducati test

Formula 1 and 

formula1.com: Interview ÔÇô Nick Heidfeld on Pirelli
Related
bbc.co.uk: Heidfeld set to replace Pedro de la Rosa at Sauber

reuters.com: McLaren reassure Hamilton over Monza mistake

Other Racing

Javier For?®s proclaimed champion of Spain in Stock Extreme with BMW.
Press release

The past weekend, the Valencian pilot Javier For?®s proclaimed champion of Spain in Stock Extreme with his BMW S1000RR manchego circuit of Albacete.

For?®s tests held until the past weekend, results have been excellent: 5 pole positions, 5 fastest laps and 5 WINS, winning several records circuit and a total of 125 points that have pastors you to be the champion of the highest level of the Championship.

jsonline.com: Cannonball Run antique motorcycle race has started race website link

caradisiac.com: Bol dÔÇÖOr ÔÇô Interview : Sebastien Gimbert - ÔÇ£It showed the potential of the bikeÔÇØ

Over at the sister motorrad company ÔÇô londonbikers.com: Jisqvarna back in FIM Motocross World Championship MX2

On the Street

dealernews.com and the Milwaukee version of biztimes.com: Wisconsin Harley workers approve contract
Mike Masik, president of United Steelworkers of America Local 2-209, said, It doesnt feel good now but were happy we kept jobs in Milwaukee. My people will be at work tomorrow and will be making quality engines and transmissions  This contract has no guarantees. (The company) only said that they will stop their search for a new spot. (The lack of a guarantee is a) big concern.

Elsewhere in Wisconsin ÔÇô HFL the official line on BuellÔÇÖs new street bikes.

Another look at the Triumph Adventurer by HFL: Triumph Tiger 800 IDÔÇÖd by CARB

Bike Candy

From OttoNero

1007379624_oXgAs-M.jpg

1007379648_XLEto-M.jpg

1007379592_nQp2c-M.jpg

1007379673_hiPDo-M.jpg

1007379709_3cEZk-M.jpg

Wednesday, 15 September

WSS

The S1000RR notched another National Title this one in Spain with Xavier For?®s in the saddle.

MotoGP

crash.net: All about [Motrlandd] Aragon

bbc.co.k: Valentino Rossi to have shoulder surgery at end of year

Formula 1 and 

autosport.com: Heidfeld in, de la Rosa out at Sauber
Rumors have de la Rosa going to HRT. The Spanish team would do well with Spanish sponsors if they land him.

jamesallenonf1.com: Lotus to get Renault engines and gearboxes for two years

Other Racing

motorcyclecannonball.com: Matt Olsen out of the Cannonball line up

thevintagent.blogspot.com: Cannonball ÔÇô Truly ÔÇÿWheels Thru TimeÔÇÖ

On the Street

Erik Buell Teaser Part !
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fh1vZjlYZ4c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fh1vZjlYZ4c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

motorcyclenews.com: 2011 Harley 883 SuperLow first ride

Bike Candy

This tempting treat appeared at shows earlier this year and has been an on again/off again question mark in the Moto Guzzi line up. Reports on various sites including motociclismo.it say it is on again.

1008775005_MNreN-M.jpg

Thursday, 16 September

an abreviated post today -

MotoGP

bridgestonemotorsport.com: Aragon awaits for round 13

Formula 1 and 

reuters.com: Raikkonen approached us, says Renault team boss

Other Racing

fim-live.com: Observed trials ÔÇô the beginings

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0lYDRIyzo8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0lYDRIyzo8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="674" height="356" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://videos.cokertire.com/player_flv_multi.swf"><param name="movie" value="http://videos.cokertire.com/player_flv_multi.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="FlashVars" value="flv=http://videos.cokertire.com/upload/video_files/1263320377.flv|http://videos.cokertire.com/upload/video_files/1284575386.flv&startimage=http://videos.cokertire.com/upload/banner_images/Banner-excelsior-generic.jpg&showfullscreen=1&showstop=1&showvolume=1&showtime=1&bgcolor1=000000&bgcolor2=000000&playercolor=00000" /></object>

On the Street
HFL: Spy Video ÔÇô Triumph Tiger 1200

ducati.com: Ducati Multistradas presented for the PopeÔÇÖs motorcade

Friday, 17 September

WSBK et al.

worldsbk.com: Kawasaki tests 2011 Superbike at Valencia

londonbikers.com: New ÔÇ£SBK likes official fansÔÇØ strategy on Facebook

MotoGP

motomatters.com: Stoner leads in the rain

motogp.com: HRC announces new deal with Pedrosa

fim-live.com: Pedrosa targeting 3erd consecutive win

Formula 1 and 

autosport.com: Heidfeld canÔÇÖt wait to race again

reuters.com: Under fire ÔÇô Australian Grand Prix posts A$49m loss

jamesallenonf1.com: Behind the scenes at Virgin Racing ÔÇô Nick Wirth interview

autosport.com: Cosworth eyes ambitious F1 future

en.espnf1.com: HRT and Virgin in Jacques VilleneuveÔÇÖs sights

Other Racing

motrcycoecannonball.com: RSS feed link for updates and standings

On the Street

visordown.com: Rough Raiders ÔÇô BMW R1150GS, KTM 950 Adventure S and Honda Africa Twin

2010-2011 New Norton Commando 961 SE official video
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZBkjT8N3VM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OZBkjT8N3VM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

thekneeslidedr.com: ACE Cycle Car becoming new Morgan 3 Wheeler?

motorcyclenwews.com: Video ÔÇô Stunting a BMW S1000RR

ducatinewstoday.com: Honda Monkey Z50J ÔÇô Ducati 750SS Edition!

Update- clutchandchrome.com: Riders and officials battle over motorcycle noise.

thekneeslider.com: Secret VW powered WWII Motorcycle ÔÇô or post apocalypse custom

motorcycle-usa.com: How Bridgestone makes motorcycle tires

dealernews.com: Scooter sales still dropping, but not as much
Download Report

FWIW

BMW Group Classic is dominated by the cage side of the company. That is reasonable and to be expected as the cage side dominates the company as a whole. While the press release is interesting in itself there are implications of things on the horizon for the Motorrad segment.

BMW Classic branches out into classic car trade.

ÔÇó 16.09.2010
ÔÇó Press Release

Munich. BMW Classic is offering classic BMW automobiles for sale. A BMW M1 and a BMW 3.0 CSL are to be sold by Bonhams auction house in Dubai this October. The two rarities hail from the companyÔÇÖs own collection and rank among the icons of BMWÔÇÖs automotive heritage.

1011235486_om5xS-S.jpg

The auction sale marks BMW ClassicÔÇÖs next step on its path towards customer orientation. Following the expansion of the historic workshop into the BMW Classic Center, which carries out restoration work on customer vehicles, further business segments are being broached: ÔÇ£Buying and selling classics is as much a part of our new range of services as the consignment of classics and advice on buying,ÔÇØ says Karl Baumer, Director of BMW Classic. ÔÇ£The auction of these two automobiles is our first move in that direction.ÔÇØ Since the 1990s, both the BMW M1 and the BMW 3.0 CSL have been owned by BMW Classic, and its forerunner BMW Mobile Tradition, where they were progressively restored and made public appearances at special events like the Concorso dÔÇÖEleganza Villa dÔÇÖEste.

The auction of these two cars by Bonhams in Dubai will be the first time any model from the companyÔÇÖs own collection has been put up for sale. ÔÇ£I have no doubt that, for this debut, we have made the right choice in terms of the location and our partners,ÔÇØ declares a confident Baumer. Further purchases and sales will follow. ÔÇ£Documenting BMWÔÇÖs heritage and our deployment potential for events naturally form the spearhead of our collection strategy, but beyond that we want to give BMW enthusiasts the opportunity to purchase classics directly from the manufacturer in Munich,ÔÇØ explains Ralf Vierlein, General Manager Sales and Aftersales at BMW Classic. ÔÇ£At the same time we are consolidating our presence in the Middle East ÔÇô a region where we see a great deal more potential specifically on the classic car front,ÔÇØ adds Vierlein.

The partnership with renowned British auctioneers Bonhams began last November, when they placed the worldÔÇÖs largest private collection of classic BMW motorcycles under the hammer at the BMW Museum in Munich.

Bike Candy

From bikeexif.com BMW R60-2 Custom by Blitz Motorcycels

1011226993_hb6KQ-M.jpg

1011227034_EWPpx-M.jpg

1011227086_9T6Ut-M.jpg

1011227148_rwShZ-M.jpg

Saturday, 18 September

motorcyclecannonball.com: RSS feed link for updates and standings

WSBK et al.

motorsport-total.com: Aprilia ÔÇô no replacement for injured Camier planned

MotoGP

Yamaha-racing.com: Insider - MotoGP Aragon edition ÔÇô Yamaha Racing

fim-live.com[/ulr] Pedrosa takes first blood

[url=http://www.fim-live.com//en/media/news/news-detail/article/1284733300-motogp-honours-shoya-tomizawas-memory/]fim-live.com
: MotoGP honors Shoya TomizawaÔÇÖs

teamtech3.com: Spies and Edwards tackle new Motorland Aragon track

reuters.com]: Pedrosa quickest at rainy Aragon

motomatters.com: Zeelenberg ÔÇô ÔÇ£Crutchlow can be as good as SpiesÔÇØ

Suzuki-racing: Bautista pleased with wet and dry Aragon

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V33i-9SqukU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V33i-9SqukU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Formula 1 and 

Schumacher is rumored to be on the way out and Sutil in at Mercedes GP and according to autosport.com the commercial side will decide RaikkonenÔÇÖs fate at Renault.

Other Racing

iomtt.com: Schedule for 2011 Isle of man TT released

moto-station: News moto 2011: CRE-F Dakar MECA'SYSTEM

Meca'System, le sp?®cialiste fran?ºais de la protection moto tout terrain et de l'?®quipement rallye raid, s'appr?¬te ?á d?®voiler son dernier projet : une Honda CRE-F 450 X taill?®e pour le Dakar. MECA'SYSTEM, the French specialist road bike and protective equipment road rally is about to unveil his latest project: a Honda-CRE F 450 X for a Dakar. En voici les premi?¿res esquisses... Here are the first sketches ...

Track cars are an interesting lot. They are not part of a racing class and yet offer on track excitement. Take a Ducati 1198 engine and mate it with a sleek four wheel chassis and you have a Spartan track car.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cin23BMM2v8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cin23BMM2v8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFi6AFr7iKs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFi6AFr7iKs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BMW and Dunlop 24 hour race 2010
<object width="224" height="207">
<param name="FlashVars" value="configPath=http://www.bmw.tv/com/player/playerEndpoint.do?articleID=9333%26type=embed%26viewUrl=http://www.bmw.tv/com/view/bmw/view.swf"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://www.bmw.tv/com/player.swf?configPath=http://www.bmw.tv/com/player/playerEndpoint.do?articleID=9333%26type=embed%26viewUrl=http://www.bmw.tv/com/view/bmw/view.swf"/>
<embed src="http://www.bmw.tv/com/player.swf?configPath=http://www.bmw.tv/com/player/playerEndpoint.do?articleID=9333%26type=embed%26viewUrl=http://www.bmw.tv/com/view/bmw/view.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="224" height="207" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="configPath=http://www.bmw.tv/com/player/playerEndpoint.do?articleID=9333%26type=embed%26viewUrl=http://www.bmw.tv/com/view/bmw/view.swf"/>
</object>

KTM  Enduro isnt just RacingPart 1
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRAvNFjOP28?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRAvNFjOP28?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

On the Street

BMW Motorcycle and Husqvarna Motorcycles press conference at the INTERMOT 2010.
Press release
M??nchen.BMW Motorcycle all press cordially invites, at the press conference of BMW Motorcycle and Husqvarna Motorcycles at this year's INTERMOT in Cologne

on Tuesday, the 05. October 2010
10: 00 p.m.
on the BMW Motorcycle stand in Hall 6

ducati.com: Ducati becomes feature of XeroxÔÇÖs new global ad campaign

HFL: MV Agusta F3 first pictures

Motorcyclenews.com ÔÇô Yamaha Fazer 8 vs. Aprilia Shiver GT vs. BMW F800ST
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vavh2DdAERs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vavh2DdAERs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2011 NEW Kawasaki Z750R shown 360?? official video
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNy0rfMtUf4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNy0rfMtUf4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BMW has been boasting sales increases for both cage and motorcycles. This seems to fly in the face of both segment trends. acea.be: Passenger car registrations fall over summer

visordown.com: When autobicycles attack
"When we finally returned to the Old Smithy that doubled as the quadricycle workshop Iliffe had found his customary good humour once again. Tapping the embers of his pipe into the petrol tank he remarked that the glory of being the first Englishman to perfect the autobicycle was almost within his grasp.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/features/when-autobicycles-attack/14072.html#ixzz0zp4sKzeW

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHhVIRugEzw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHhVIRugEzw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0lYDRIyzo8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0lYDRIyzo8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_sGaRN-jDc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_sGaRN-jDc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

webbikeworld.com: Schuberth Helmets return to U.S.A.

In the Water[/url]

cupinfo.com

cupinfo.com: AmericaÔÇÖs Cup 2013 ÔÇô AC45 & AC72 ÔÇô Radical new boats announced for 34th AmericaÔÇÖs Cup

FWIW

Speed Racer : Motorcycle Apaches

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6HDAPX8jZQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6HDAPX8jZQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bike Candy

Speed Racer might ride a Tri Rod

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Wldr-c5C50?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Wldr-c5C50?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Saturday, 18 September - Up Date

MotoGP

motogp.com: Stoner puts on stunning display to take Aragon pole

bridgestonemotorsport.com: Stoner sets scorching pole in Aragon

roadracerx.com: Team-Speak: Aragon MotoGP, Saturday qualifying

teamtech3.com: Spies shines at spectacular motorland Aragon

]rizla-suzuki.com: Positive steps for Bautista on day two at Aragon

motogp.com: Adapted riding style pays off for Lorenzo

motogp.com: Qualifying Classifications

motomatters.com: MotoGP seroes tp retirm tp fpir sessions at Estoril and Valencia

Formula 1 and 

Italian GP Highlights
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wzkmrY35zw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wzkmrY35zw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Other Racing

FB-KTM: Double pole for KTM in German SBK

Motorcross ÔÇô Leusden
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kswLh8AwbnE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kswLh8AwbnE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

On the Street

asphaltandrubber.com: 2011 Aprilia RSV4 gets 186 hp & traction control

HFL: Triumph Triger 800 leakathon continues

motorcycledaily.com: Metzler Moto North America launches Metzelermaps.com

Bike Candy

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3rkXCavx12k?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3rkXCavx12k?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sunday, 19 September

MotoGP

motogp.com: Hayden tops final Aragon [warm up] session while teammate and pole holder Stoner crashes.

Weather should not be a factor in todayÔÇÖs race.

On the Street

technologyreview.com: The misleading myth of the corked bat

thedesignblog.com: Portable BBQ grill lets you bake instant meals anywhere anytime

nytimes.com: Ducati Multistrada 1200 review
Despite its height, the bike feels light and, surprisingly, not top-heavy. (A BMW R 1200, by comparison, can feel a bit like a Winnebago when fully loaded.)

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

Via: motorcyclecannonball.com

1013414912_FDFU5-M.jpg

Monday, 20 September

WSBK et al.

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - Imola - Preview
ÔÇó 20.09.2010
ÔÇó Press Release
24 ÔÇô 26th September 2010
12th of 13 World Championship race weekends

Munich/Stephanskirchen, 20th September 2010. The 12th and penultimate race weekend of the 2010 season takes the FIM Superbike World Championship teams to the renowned Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari circuit outside Imola. Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport is keen to demonstrate the potential of the BMW S 1000 RR once again at the Italian track. As the season enters its closing stages, Troy Corser (AUS) and Ruben Xaus (ESP) are aiming to notch up more podium finishes for the recently formed Bavarian team.

Both BMW Motorrad Motorsport riders have very special memories of Imola. Ruben and Regis Laconi (FRA) are currently the most successful Superbike riders here, having recorded three wins apiece at the track. Indeed, Ruben won the seriesÔÇÖ first ever race at Imola back in 2001, with Troy crossing the line in second place. In 2003 Ruben claimed his first Superbike pole position at Imola and went on to celebrate the race double that weekend. Troy, meanwhile, wrapped up his second Superbike World Championship title here in 2005. Returning to the 2010 season, TroyÔÇÖs 159 points put him 11th in the driversÔÇÖ standings, while Ruben is lying 13th on 85 points. In the manufacturersÔÇÖ table BMW is in sixth place on 190 points.

Troy Corser:
ÔÇ£After the poor luck I had at the N??rburgring IÔÇÖm looking to turn our potential into race results at Imola. Under normal circumstances weÔÇÖd have secured a podium finish at least at the N??rburgring. Imola is a very different kind of race track, but IÔÇÖm confident that, with our bike, weÔÇÖre in the position to compete at the front of the field again. My aim is to clinch a place on the podium.ÔÇØ

Ruben Xaus:
ÔÇ£I really canÔÇÖt wait for the races at Imola. The track is one I like very much and I always enjoy riding there. Indeed, I would go as far as describing it as my favourite track in Europe. ThereÔÇÖs absolutely no time to take a breather here. ItÔÇÖs a circuit with a lot of character, like the Hockenheimring and, in the past, the long course at Assen. There are a lot of fast chicanes and corners, and the track is always going up and downhill.

We were able to set consistently fast times in both races at the N??rburgring, which makes both me and the team very optimistic. We still have to work on one or two small things which have so far prevented us from challenging the leading guys. But I know that my team will give everything so than we can make further improvements to the bike. We just have to find that extra half a second and weÔÇÖll be up there at the front. At Imola itÔÇÖs important that the bike works well through the two tight corners and the chicane; if you get that right then a good result is possible. IÔÇÖm really looking forward to riding there.ÔÇØ

Berthold Hauser, BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director:
ÔÇ£WeÔÇÖre determined to finish the season with two successful race weekends at Imola and Magny-Cours. At the same time, weÔÇÖre already focusing on preparing for next year. We know we have good speed, and weÔÇÖve shown that already. At the N??rburgring we were up there with the leaders until midday on Saturday. But then our fortunes took a turn for the worse, and it was partly just bad luck that stood between us and a place on the podium in our home races. Now our task is to turn our speed and performances into good points on a consistent basis. We know weÔÇÖre capable of getting some top results in the last few races of the season, so weÔÇÖre travelling to Imola in highly motivated mood.ÔÇØ

Background:
The history of motor racing in Imola ÔÇô population 66,000 ÔÇô stretches back to the 1940s, when the first races here were held on public roads. The foundation stone for the first purpose-built circuit was laid in 1950, and the track hosted its inaugural races in 1952. On 7th September 1967 the first World Motorcycle Championship race took place at Imola, while the Superbike World Championship made its debut in the Emilia Romagna region in 2001. Extensive modifications were made to the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari in late 2006, including improvements to safety.

It is not only the surface bumps that make Imola such a challenge for motorbikes, in particular. The riders are greeted by the first of several chicanes not long after the start/finish straight, putting a premium on the bikesÔÇÖ ability to brake, steer into the corners and accelerate out again as effectively as possible. Added to which, kerbstones lying in wait in almost every chicane unsettle the bikes through the twists and turns. Bike stability is therefore extremely important at Imola.
worldsbk.com: Haslam faces uphill task as Imola draws near

MotoGP

motogp.com: Win a ÔÇ£big reliefÔÇØ for Stoner

motogp.com: full Aragon press conference

world.honda.com: Another podium for Pedrosa

roadracerx.com: Team-Speak ÔÇô Aragon MotoGP race

motomatters.com: Team musical chairs: RossiÔÇÖs crew go to Ducati, SpiesÔÇÖ WSBK team reunited

Formula 1 and 

autosport.com: Tweaks made to Singapore circuit

joesaward.wordpress.com via bbc.co.uk: The future of Michael Schumacher

formula1.com: Gutierres named as BMW Sauber reserve driver for 2011

Other Racing

FB ÔÇô BMW Motorrad: Spanish GS Trophy final team now selected

On the Street

thekneeslider.com: No parts available ÔÇô Problem or Opportunity

visordown.com: Road tests ÔÇô first rides | Triumph Thruxton

HFL: Vintage bike collecting is not a game

asphaltandrubber.com: Harley-Davidson brand drops 24% in value ÔÇô threatens to fall off the Interbrand 100
[BMW remains at no. 16 on the Interbrand 100 list]

Bikeexif.com : Interview ÔÇô Paul dÔÇÖOrleans

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

motorcyclepictureof theday.blogspot.com: Gorgeous Enfield flat tracker

1015287733_fY7Gg-M.jpg

Tuesday, 21 September

Riding a 1915 Harley at 55 mph
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bkm4LQEx0h8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bkm4LQEx0h8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WSBK et al.

fim-live.com: Imola again the decider in 2010ÔÇÖs penultimate WSBK round?

moto-station.com: When will KTM go to WSBK

MotoGP

ultimatemotorcycling.com: Valentino Rossi to miss last two races

Formula 1 and 

formula1.com: Power to survive? 2010 engine usage revealed

New F1 hospitality areas/"motorhomes" for 2010 -- Virgin, Lotus, HRT and ... Mercedes GP -- a three storey motorhome made up of 16 separate container units that are slotted together to form the structure, which as well as having two floors features a terrace area too. The motor home has been made at a cost of less than 2 million euros, a bargain compared to the EUR15m cost of Red Bull's Energy Station. "We have not wasted one more euro than we needed to spend on this," Norbert Haug. Force India have the same steel and glass construction used during the 2008 and 2009 seasons, however it has undergone a major refurbishment, both internally and externally. www.forceindiaf1.com Plus a look at the FIA and FOM motorhomes

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7UecNWd4TWs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7UecNWd4TWs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

World wide everyone wants to be like Camp Beers :rofl

Other Racing

motorcyclenews.com: S1000RR goes for the record on Salt at Bonneville

FB: BMW Motorrad: The BMW GS Trophy

motociclismo.it: 200 miles of Imola 2010: 1 to Oct. 3 scheduled the revival circuit Romagna
1016565934_6qvXS-S.jpg

On the Street

visordown.com: Honda CB1300 ABS review

gizmag.com: A closer look at Automotive X-Prize winner Edison2

jsonline.com: Bikers retrace history on Route 66

inhabitat.com: French wine vending machines may make their way to the US

BMW is expanding its cage segment presence in India as part of their ÔÇ£production follows the marketÔÇØ strategy. The entrance into this market has been cautious. Increased auto demand brought the first auto production plant in 2006 which is now expanding capacity. Production is for the India market only.

BMW Group steps up its activities in India.
ÔÇó 21.09.2010
ÔÇó Informa?º?úo ?á Imprensa
Munich / Delhi. The BMW Group is strengthening its commitment in the growth market of India. As a first step, local production capacity at the BMW plant in Chennai has been increased from 3,000 to 5,400 units and the dealer network further expanded.

ÔÇ£India is a market that holds great potential for the future for us and is a building block in our global market offensive. Our success so far has proved that our ÔÇÿproduction-follows-the-marketÔÇÖ strategy, which has already been successful in markets such as the US and China, is the right approach,ÔÇØ said Frank-Peter Arndt, member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for Production. ÔÇ£At the same time as we are expanding capacity, we will also be gearing the plant to produce a further model for the Indian market, the X1, starting in November 2010 and thereby opening up new customer segments.ÔÇØ

In addition to strengthening capacity, a new vehicle logistics centre will also be set up on the grounds of the Chennai plant, for which land has already been acquired. By mid-2012, the BMW Group will have invested a total of EUR 30 million in India since launching production there in 2007.

At the same time, BMW is also stepping up its local sales and marketing activities. To meet rising customer demand for BMW vehicles and services, its sales network will be systematically expanded to 22 dealerships by 2011 ÔÇô almost doubling its size since early 2009. Towards the end of this year, BMW Financial Services will also begin offering its financial services in the Indian market for the first time.

In the first eight months of this year alone, BMW sales in India climbed 43% to reach a total of 3,301 units. This means that the BMW Group has already sold almost as many vehicles in India this year as in the whole of 2009.

ÔÇ£The ongoing expansion of our dealer network means that we will be present in all major regions of India and able to reach more than 95 percent of our potential buyers,ÔÇØ according to Andreas Schaaf, president of BMW GroupÔÇÖs Indian subsidiary. ÔÇ£Having taken the lead in the premium segment for the first time last year, we aim to maintain our leading position this year with the market launch of the new 5 Series. We are also confident that we will be able to increase sales substantially over the coming years.ÔÇØ

The BMW Group has been actively involved in India through its own sales company since 2006 and has been able to increase annual sales more than tenfold, to 3,619 units between 2006 and 2009. Since March 2007, BMW has also had its own production in India, at its Chennai plant in the state of Tamil Nadu, which builds the BMW 3 Series and 5 Series for the Indian market.

Woot of the Day

Bike Candy

motorcyclepictureoftheday.blogspot.com has named the BMW R100GSPD as one of its top five all time favorite production bikes.

100_0134.jpg

100_0135.jpg

Wednesday, 22 September

WSBK et al.

BMW Motorrad Motorsport - WSBK - 2011 - Troy Corser

ÔÇó 22.09.2010
ÔÇó Press Release

BMW Motorrad Motorsport retain Troy Corser for 2011.

Munich/Stephanskirchen, 22nd September 2010. BMW Motorrad Motorsport will continue to invest in the experience of a world champion in next yearÔÇÖs FIM Superbike World Championship. Troy Corser will ride the BMW S 1000 RR for the recently formed team once again in 2011, his third season with BMW Motorrad Motorsport.

In his best Clark Kent/Superman pose
1017874910_zmGsf-S.jpg

Troy Corser

ÔÇ£WeÔÇÖre very pleased that Troy Corser will continue to be part of our set-up,ÔÇØ says BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director Berthold Hauser. ÔÇ£Troy has played a major role in getting our team to where it is today. HeÔÇÖs been on board from day one and his many years of experience in the Superbike World Championship have allowed him to carry out valuable work for us. Our task now is to build on this platform. WeÔÇÖre in no doubt that we can achieve our ambitious aims together with Troy. WeÔÇÖll announce the identity of our second rider in due course.ÔÇØ

Troy Corser says: ÔÇ£It was an easy decision for me to continue with a team where I feel at home. WeÔÇÖre really building something here and IÔÇÖve very much enjoyed being part of this project from the beginning.ÔÇØ The 38-year-old, who has recorded two third places ÔÇô at Monza and Misano ÔÇô so far this season, adds: ÔÇ£I think weÔÇÖve already achieved a great deal together and believe that, with our commitment and resources, we can climb further up the field over the course of the season ahead.ÔÇØ

Troy Corser profile:

Date of birth: 27th November 1971
Place of birth: Wollongong (AUS)
Residence: Monte Carlo (MCO)
Marital status: Married to Sam, two children ÔÇô Kalani and Kelisa
Height: 1.75 m
Weight: 66 kg
Hobbies: Golf, wakeboarding, karting, jet-ski, motocross
Passion: Motor racing
Favourite circuits: Phillip Island, Valencia, Portim?úo
First bike: Yamaha TY 80 (road), Honda CR 80 (racing)
First race: 1989 Australian Production Series 250cc
Career highlights: 1996 Superbike world champion, 2005 Superbike world champion
WSBK history: 351 races, 130 podiums, 33 wins, 47 second places and 50 third places, 43 pole positions, 45 fastest race laps

Corser has signednext????

:scratch ashpaltandrubber.com: WSBK silly season ÔÇô Haslam to BMW, Fabrizio to Alstare Suzuki & Haga to an Aprilia satellite team

crash.net: Corser eyes Italian podium hat-trick

motorsport-total/.com: Corser goes further in Italy?

worldsbk.com: Aprilia and Biaggi playing on home turf this weekend.

roadracngworld.com: Biaggi could clinch Superbike World championship this coming weekend at Imola

Magazine Nurburgring 2010
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GEBvMW8nZJc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GEBvMW8nZJc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

worldsbk.com: Camier out for Imola race

speedweek.de: BMW ÔÇô Full speed ahead in season sprint

Formula 1 and 

FIA.com: Singapore Preview

Other Racing

FB-BMW
Jon Kirkham wins British Superstock 1000 Championship
For?®s claims Spanish Stock Extreme Championship

sportrider.com: Keith Code Superbike School ÔÇô Cracking the code
1016573023_NSgKM-S.jpg

On the Street

HFL: Bred obsolescence ÔÇô why 2011 wonÔÇÖt be a bumper year for bikes

motoblog.it: 1200 Aprilia Tuaregperhaps in Milan?
1016576919_Z9muo-S.jpg

asphaltandrrubber.com: 2011 Aprilia Tuareg rumors heat up

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pq9gBNlgkpw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pq9gBNlgkpw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Woot of the Day

FWIW

fs.fed.us: US Forest Service fall foliage guide

weather.com: Fall foliage maps and photos

Bike Candy

The bike may not be your style but there is something about this picture from Bikeexif that is alluring in its presentation.

1017581439_p6UPN-M.jpg

Thursday, 23 September

WSBK et al.

caradisiac.com: Superbike Imola – Haslam’s future will be decided this weekend?

motomatters.com: BMW retains Corser in WSBK, Haslam and Toseland to join him?

WSS

ducatinewstoday.com: Whey is Ducati leaving World Superbike? Part 3.

MotoGP

Rumors asphaltandrubber.com: Rossi lauching Moto2 team in 2011 [Making the shift from rider to team principal?]

Formula 1 and …

Singapore GP Press Conference
DRIVERS: Nick HEIDFELD (BMW Sauber), Heikki KOVALAINEN (Lotus), Nico ROSBERG (Mercedes), Vitaly PETROV (Renault), Mark WEBBER (Red Bull)

formula1.com: Heidfeld and BMW Sauber – Why Nick must be quick

formula1.com: Briatore on 2010 and his own future
Is this the beginning of the rehabilitation of Briatore? Formul1.com is the official website of F1 – read Bernie Ecclestone. The interview paints a picture very different than the cut throat billionaire playboy who was a dominate figure in F1 for so many years. Time will tell if he remains on the fringes or if the Dark Lord is able to get a license in the new FIA scheme and returns to the pits.

motorsport.com: Schumi is testing bikes again.

Rumors en.espnf1.com: Kubica to Ferrari replacing Massa who would then join Kubica’s old teammate at Ferrari powered BMW Sauber.

autosport.com: Ecclestone pushing for medals system

Other Racing

Behind the Kawasaki flat track motorcycles
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rkeomGvGVME?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rkeomGvGVME?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

KTM is offering our dedicated X-BOW pilots the chance to test their skills against other drivers on a closed circular track. Within the framework of the Alpenpokal (Alpine Cup), the X-BOW Battle racing series has been created specifically for the X-BOW, so now the most thoroughbred, road-homologated race car currently on the planet will get to go to the starting line too.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1_WqnNCbpY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1_WqnNCbpY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

On the Street

moto-station.com: What all the cool RR kids will be wearing.

motoaus.com: Teaser pic of new GSR750 naked Suzuki

HFL? Brammo raising money for global expansion with private stock offering
In another thread we are pondering the troubles of attracting younger riders to motorcycling. The future look of motorcycling may be in the hands of investors; however.

accelerate.publisher.us: Riding the roof of North America

accelerate.presspublisher.us: The dynamics of group riding

bmw-motorrad.co.za: K Roads in the USA

recalls.gov.au: The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has issued a recall for the new Yamaha XT1200Z due to problems with those sturdy looking Base Boxes.

rollsroycemotorcars.com: Paris Motor Show to host collection of bespoke commissioned Rolls-Royce models.

1018622805_Rt4wP-S.jpg

Woot of the Day

FWIW

A three man team for 2011? This seems madness in my mind. There have been enough difficulties lurking below the surface with Corser and Xaus liking different setups on their S1000RR. In theory it allows for a broader approach to development on race weekends but in the end based on some comments by Xaus he raced with Corser’s settings. A three way may be a deviant fantasy for some but in racing it strikes me as a formula for disaster.

I will go, saw in hand, out on a limb. If BMW signs more than one more racer it will not be for a third slot on the Motorrad Motorsport team but two more riders for a second team. This would truly allow the bike to be developed in alternate directions. It would also put more BMWs on the Sunday grid potentially denying Constructor’s points from other manufacturers in the process. Look for Haslam to be signed with BMW Motorrad Motorsport to partner with Corser and Toseland or someone of his stature to be signed with a new BMW SBK team to partner with Ayrton Badovini. The existing team will focus on the prototype development while the new team focuses on developing a bike that is competitive on the track but whose developments will trickle down to the WSS effort, national SBK teams and more quickly to the street.

The ordered five year plan for the WSBK team will continue to roll out. Setting up a second team for development along the described lines allows BMW to consolidate and build on the success the S1000RR has had at the national SBK level and in the showroom as a result.

Now if I hold the saw between the tree and myself I will be safe…right?

Bike Candy

bmwgroup.com: Urban driving fun with zero emissions: The MINI Scooter E Concept.

BMW has been dabbling on the edges of the scooter market for some time. Last year a C1e concept hinted that the C1, which ended production in 2001, might make a return as an electric model. MINI has carried the corporate e-flag with their MINIe models. The MINI branch has been tipped to reveal this e version of a traditional scooter at the upcoming Paris Motor Show.

Both this Mini Scooter and the C1e remain concept models, yet one has to wonder how much longer it will take before the company pushes one or both into production. The encouraging thing is this press release appeared on the BMW USA site as well as the European sites.

C1e
672142947_qnVbj-S.jpg

1018622965_DksRk-S.jpg

First shown to us as a concept drawing the MINI E Scooter is the real deal for the Paris show.

1018623957_p7AtH-M.jpg

1018625041_TbfrM-M.jpg

Follow the link for the full press release and more pictures.

Back