• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

V12 cbx

mika

Still Wondering
I cam across this in my morning ÔÇÿwonderingsÔÇÖ over at The New Caf?® Racer Society blog.

694483364_wdEfz-M.jpg

Here is a link to a gallery of pictures of the bike.

This is V12 CBX creation is not his first bike build. duccutters.com has a piece on how he got started and a previous build.

Reminds me of the bikes Honda ran in the F1 series back in the 60s. Seems I remember 50cc, two-stroke bikes with something like 18 cylinders; maybe a few less.

Reminds me of the bikes Honda ran in the F1 series back in the 60s. Seems I remember 50cc, two-stroke bikes with something like 18 cylinders; maybe a few less.

6cyl 250, I believe. If I remember correctly, they had a 6 cyl 125, too.

I think you are correct KBasa. I know Honda had a variety of wicked machines in those days, but I do not remember the details. Enter Honda World Wide and their web site 50 Years of World Championship Racing. The site is loaded with videos, wall papers and tons of information. Have fun digging.

6cyl 250, I believe. If I remember correctly, they had a 6 cyl 125, too.

RC 166 i think, i'm pretty sure the 250 6 cyl is the smallest of the sixes. 4 valve too. i'm not sure a 6 cyl 125 with cylinder size of 20ccs or so would practically accommodate the valve train.

rc166-2.jpg

18K rpm, these bikes are more like expensive watches with oil lubrication.

Ye Gods!! I'd give 20 bucks to hear this thing go down the road at "full song"!! I'll bit it would send shivers down your spine at max revs!!. Pretty nice job on the welding and aluminum work as well. Isn't it amazing what some folks will do just to stand out in a crowd?! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

I am short of cash and need to fix my speakers on my computer so I went looking.
Dang no luck with the V12 but I did find this clip of Bubba's RC 166

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAYcqSTVBY4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAYcqSTVBY4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Now if I only had sound on this darn old lap top

I've heard it before, and never get tired of it. Holy cow, it's amazing to see a tach needle jump like that!
:bikes

The wiring haging under the rear fender is a little cobby, but other than that....

There was an article a few years ago in one of the British mags about making thes multi cylinder "grafts". The guy doing those kept the stock looks of the bike so the only difference was the engine.

I am short of cash and need to fix my speakers on my computer so I went looking.
Dang no luck with the V12 but I did find this clip of Bubba's RC 166

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAYcqSTVBY4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pAYcqSTVBY4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Now if I only had sound on this darn old lap top

ok, i want one of those, i want it in NYC and i want it now. straight pipes and no flywheel, i WILL be the most annoying man in the city. more annoying than "reggaton 3 wheeled bicycle with car battery powered stereo guy"

ok, i want one of those, i want it in NYC and i want it now. straight pipes and no flywheel, i WILL be the most annoying man in the city. more annoying than "reggaton 3 wheeled bicycle with car battery powered stereo guy"

:rofl

Just talked with "reggaton 3 wheeled bicycle with car battery powered stereo guy" and says you already are

:nyah

Ye Gods!! I'd give 20 bucks to hear this thing go down the road at "full song"!! I'll bit it would send shivers down your spine at max revs!!. Pretty nice job on the welding and aluminum work as well. Isn't it amazing what some folks will do just to stand out in a crowd?! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

The Japanese don't usually show much emotion but in this case, they sure did. When the throttle was blip ed it must have really surprised them. It also must have been louder than it sounds in the video.

Back