• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

PHOTOS from Colors in The Catskills, Hunter Mtn. Rally Oct 2-4, 2009

jsoque

Hey Riders !!!!

Where are all your gorgeous photos from our 2nd Annual Colors in the Catskills Rally at Hunter Mtn.
I'll start.
My trip began at 1 pm from The Bethpage Golf Course in Bethpage, NY.
I headed north to Danbury to pick up George and Kathy, then west to the Taconic State, and North thru Rhinebeck. The skies finally cleared at 3 pm, and we finally saw some sunshine. Kathy was on her F 650 GS, and me on my R1150R. George took point in a Ford Explorer, and then let me lead thru the twisty roads.
After crossing the Hudson, we hooked up with Rtes 32, 32A, and then the ever popular 23A. After an 8 mile corkscrew ride past Katterskill Falls, Hunter was finally in sight.
The gang from Max's BMW had a huge 18 wheeler set up in the west lot, and bikes started arriving for the late afternoon activities.
Saturday was slightly wet from the rain of the previous night, but this didn't keep riders from coming from all over.
I photographed Kathy in the Off Road clinic sponsored by Max's BMW, and then afterwards, my friend Mitch arrived in his van with his airhead '73 R75/5. It was his first rally, and first beemer.
Vince Winkel and I showed him the ropes, and we cruised the parking lots in the airhead.
We took a great ride outlined by our New Hampshire friend Michelle, and this triangle route took us down a windey Platt Cove Road, down 16, past the gorge, and to West Saugerties. Rejoining 35 via Lamourre Road, we found the reservior, and rejoined 32 to 32A and finally my favorite 23A once again.
I had quite a treat being able to ride a K1300GT for this portion of my weekend.
Though the days started out wet from evening rains, but the afternoons were great riding weather.
Upon our departure on Sunday, the colors started to become more vibrant with clearing skies, and temps finally in the mid 60's.
We left via a more southern route which took us past some major reserviors and finally into New Palz to see some gorgeous sunflower farmers.
The trip was delightful, lots of friends, new and old, and can't wait to do it again in 2010!

Here's some of my pix.

Hope to see some of yours!

Ride Safe

Attachments

• DSCN0334.jpg
    DSCN0334.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 179
Old meets new!

Mitch on his R75/5 and me on my R1150R.

Attachments

• DSCN0353.jpg
    DSCN0353.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 175
Plenty of Colors

Hunter Mtn just coming out of the clouds Saturday about 11 am.

Attachments

• DSCN0318.jpg
    DSCN0318.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 178
Good friends George and Kathy

This day is getting brighter...

Attachments

• DSCN0354.jpg
    DSCN0354.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 176
Twisted Throttle

One of many vendors at the tent area.

Attachments

• DSCN0360.jpg
    DSCN0360.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 177
nice pictures

I just got an '04 R1150R and had a near disaster with the windscreen like the one on your bike in your pictures. It started coming loose. Fortunately, I realized in time to stop and repair it with cable ties, so I made it home OK. Have you had any problems like that, or a lot of vibration at speed with the touring screen?

How was the beff?

Fred

attachment.php

Back