• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2011 BMW MOA National??

I have 80a here in eastern Kansas you can use. Two ponds I can throw a rock across and not get it wet.

We can ride the Dead Dragon 318 miles and 11 curves.

Good food.Good people.
:wave

The Finger Lakes region upstate NY would be great. Great roads, scenery, food, etc. Watkins Glen, Lake Placid, and The Thousand Islands have much to offer in great scenery and excellant back roads. Ride Safe :usa :usa :thumb

It is often announced at the Spring BOD meeting.

All of the contracts have to have been signed before it is announced.

I am sure that this is when the higher ups reserve the best camping spots for them selves

Sorry, but I can't help poking fun at the complainers from last years rally :wave

The rally rotation schedule is filled years ahead of time. For instance, the 2011 Rally site is already selected and contracts are being negotiated. Most likely the 2012 sites are being winnowed down or perhaps already selected.

There are specific requirements for a rally site to be accepted. If you have an idea for a location, you should forward it to the site selection committee for consideration.

One requirement, which makes many venues not acceptable, is that we are allowed to sell the beer. There are good reasons for that requirement, but it does eliminate some sites.

How about a MOA National Rally in the exact center of the country equidistant from all four corners - or in the geographical center of the nation in Buffalo, SD?

Actually Kansas would be a fair compromise.

There are many picturesque areas in our Great Country. Why not hold the Rally in a new area? Arkansas, PA, Watkins Glen, NY, are just a few locales that have easy access and nice roads to ride. I was really looking forward to this years Rally but, my wife has been in the hospital twice in the last 2 weeks and my place is with her til we get a resolution to her medical problems. Ride Safe :usa :usa

There are many picturesque areas in our Great Country. Why not hold the Rally in a new area? Arkansas, PA, Watkins Glen, NY, are just a few locales that have easy access and nice roads to ride. I was really looking forward to this years Rally but, my wife has been in the hospital twice in the last 2 weeks and my place is with her til we get a resolution to her medical problems. Ride Safe :usa :usa

specific site suggestions, please :stick

The Rally Site Selection Team is open to specific recommendations that will accommodate our group.

The board meeting notes in the July ON (No I didn't read all of them, but that fact jumped off the page at me) indicated Bloomsburg, PA - no dates listed.

Check out Northern NJ !

I am not kidding, the area is woods, good roads, NYC is near for folks that dare to ride into it.
I am thinking of Ramapo College in Mahway NJ.

Great location, good rides, plenty of Hotels, etc.

Yes, Northern NJ !

we never had a rally in NJ !

all smiles
Hans

I am not kidding, the area is woods, good roads, NYC is near for folks that dare to ride into it.

Yes, Northern NJ !

all smiles
Hans

Depends ......... would I have to join a Union to attend?! :deal

hey, i got yer union right ovah heah! :deal

i do agree with Han, though.... there are some really nice areas in those parts.

any good facilities, hans? :ear

if you mean showers, toilets, meeting halls, etc ?
yes, yes, and again yes, etc

I used to live in that neck of the woods.
Really, a good part of NJ.
Easy to get to, lot's to do, Safe ! and big enough for 10,ooo
Ramapo College, Mahwah, NJ.

Just my 2 cents to the discussions.

all the best
Hans

Last edited:
Hans

Would you help us with the 2011 GS Giant activities ?

Ian and I need someone that speaks German, that knows about the early space program to GS Adventurers, someone that has a experience with Russia bridges and a Silk Road, and someone that can wear a tie but does not have to. Furthermore one of your former riding partners maybe coming and I need someone to entertain him because we are too boring.

We can put you in management so you can avoid Union dues.

;) Chris

Yes, Northern NJ !

all smiles
Hans

Only if they hire Snookie for the entertainment portion of the rally. :laugh

Back