• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Snow in October

H

HOWARDQUINT

Wow went for a ride today the morning was great. Only to return in snow, was anybody else out there? Is this October 15 or feb15?

Hey Howard :wave

I have been sitting in the shop watching it snow for the last 3 hours. I thought of riding today too. Glad I took the Burrolito (my Subaru Forester) instead.

Here in balmy central Alaska we are clear and blue. A bit cold (high of 40 / low around 20) but the little snow we had earlier is all gone. We can still ride if we are cautious about the occasional icy patch. :wave

Hi Steve,

It was great to run into you guys last week on your run to Mt Greylock. I guess that was the day I should of seen how this week was going to turn out. It would of been better to go to work!

I'm sooooo glad I went on the Greylock ride! The way the weather is heading here in New England, Greylock may have been the last long ride I take until next spring. I'll be mounting the plow frame on the 4x4 this weekend if I can catch a break from the cold rain that's predicted.

I guess it's time to move the Concours to the front of the garage and dig out all the Gerbings gear for winter riding...

Had my snowblower picked up for service today

We had a breif light covering in Reading this morning........

Wow went for a ride today the morning was great. Only to return in snow, was anybody else out there? Is this October 15 or feb15?

We're at 32F here in western NC and some rain mixed with snow flurries. not a very safe day for riding.

Back