• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Place to Stay Needed in LA

ihint

I am currently on a road trip and have come into some trouble. A week ago my GS Adventure was stolen in Eugene.

The original trip was going to be through Dec. 15. I am still in school and took off the semester off to travel. Now that the bike is gone I don't to go home. I may not have a chance to travel again soon and still want to make the best of this trip.

I am currently in LA and plan to stay here as long as I can.

I have a friend to stay with for a while but I can only stay here for 10 days. I plan to stay in hostels if needed but with a third of my budget lost in the theft I need to be resourceful.

If anyone has a yard that I would be able to camp in would be great. I still have my camping gear and would actually prefer this

Any other ideas/suggestions would be helpful.

I plan on buying a used bicycle and finding a part time job. Any suggestions in these two areas would also be appreciated.

Best regards:(

Sorry to hear of the GSA loss:(. I have the same bike, year and never thought of it as a popular model for theft! I frequently leave my key in mine(Bad). Eugene to LA is quite a hike? Good you have a friend there in LA. What's your field of study? I'm in the country with acres, about 250m north of you in LA and not much use to someone without transportation. Sierra Foothills is my home, outside of Clovis,CA.. Best regards to a fellow, ex GSA'er. Randy

Polarbear: Thanks for the offer. LA is not going to be easy without transportation as well. I don't think I've witnessed any bikers/walkers yet....just a lot of cars.

Field of study is accounting.

Well;

Whitewater vs LA., must be like worlds apart! I hope your insurance is in tact for the GSA lost? CA rain today is at record levels, including here in Clovis. Its great to see it, after 6 months dry:). Out on my GSA today doing errands in the wet and find the GSA such a great rain bike:). If you find yourself shopping another BMW, find my guys at Cycle Specialties BMW of Modesto,CA, as a first rate BMW Dealer. They had two GSAs, one used and another new I think, the other day when I was there. F800s and F650s and a single F650 on the floor(all new). You may wish to call them, 559-524-2955. Dirk or Gale are the best and John Wienholz, the owner is easy to talk with too. They keep a large used inventory usually too, so! Find me here if you need more help, way north of LA..Hope you find another ride soon. Happy Trails, Randy PS; My last 5 BMWs are out of this dealer above and I'm a 45 years BMW rider, with some experience. Fresno and Bakersfield also have BMW Dealers(LA too), but I know little of them and their folks. Modesto are my guys:) and 300+miles from LA. Best regards.

At least you are stranded in a city which is arguably the motorcycle capital of the world. Get on Craigslist - there is a plethora of machines for sale.

Back