• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What has happened to the XPLOR Forum???

JCofKC
Ever since Oct first the sister forum of the Mothership has been down....they say for Service.....but this is going on 5 days...and without any explanation...

Anybody know what is going on with them ???

Maybe they're using the same crappy hosting service that bought the company that the vintage club was using. (APlus.net, for your information.) 2 weeks ago the vintage site went off the air on a Friday afternoon and didn't return until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning sometime.

I'm the webmaster for the Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners (http://www.vintagebmw.org).

I got no notice of this happening; with repeated phone calls and "online support chats", I could find out that a) there was a trouble report still outstanding and b) there was no information about when it would be fixed or what was broken. And of course, not so much as a "we're sorry" at any point.

Besides the usual club member info and forums, we use the website for collaboration on producing our newsletter, so when it's down, we can't make any progress on that.

No, I'm not bitter at all.

For roughly the past year BMW has been re-doing its various websites world wide. Some changes have gone without a hitch others have been very problematic, at least from the user side. Some sites I use have been down for weeks or have been given new addresses but the redirect features did not work well if at all. The Xplor forum was a BMW NA thing, if I am not mistaken, so bringing it in line with the rest of the BMW online fold may have put it in the problematic group.

Most of the long term members of the XPLOR forum have moved to a google forum, in retaliation for the clamp down on non-BMW talk. I liked the forum. It was small compared to others, but was easy ask questions.

Peter in OKC

I liked the forum too ÔÇö friendly and good-looking, but most everyone has abandoned the place, including me. When the forum came back online, the popular off-topic section had been deleted and a new stipulation put in place that no non-BMW talk would be allowed on the forum.

I've said it before, but despite me liking their bikes, BMW seems a bit clueless when it comes to building good customer relations and brand loyalty.

XPLOR WAS fantastic, much better than this forum. But now it is dead: completely worthless.

VSTP is where it's at. No rules, good people, adult behavior. You can talk politics and religion and not be banned to the doghouse, and people don't toss out insults at each other. It is a tight group of about 50 people who actually make an effort to see one another and ride.

I'm on my way to Barber now to hook up with several.

Robo

Goes to show how often I make it there.

It may be very impressive at first, but what a crappy forum. I think their mission is to impress me with the "look" over functionality.

You didn't post a lot, Alex, but your posts were always quality. And you have a fantastic website.

Well I don't like to use "filler" in my posts and I certainly don't hold back either...you know..."the truth sometimes hurts" kind of posts.

This year's tour on my web site is a bit short due to incredibly bad luck, but of all things bad, there is always something good that comes of it. I now have to share my time on the forums with the Porsche owners. :clap

How much fun is it to drive? More than my BMWs!

Corporate hari-kari

I suspect that they wanted to kill it off, and didn't have the nerve to because they didn't want the regulars to feel abandoned by BMW, so they just figured out that if they let off a stink bomb in the place everyone would leave, then they could shut it down quietly when no one cared anymore.

It was a moderately dull site run by a pompous administrator, so honestly I'm happy to have deleted it from my bookmarks.

Last edited:
Robo ,Alex, and All ......
Something is going on over there just today.....the separate heading markers locating : Home, Gallery, Forum, etc.... All are in the process, just today of it appears ....dissolving away....

It seems to be slowly transitioning from a real forum to a pic gallery for today....and whose "VSTP" sticker did I see there shining on that gallery?????...Robo!!!

I bet B/4 the end of the week, all that is left is an informational pamphlet with all the old members pics used to show the BMW lifestyle or would that be ........???

Anyway ...tune in something more is on, If you have pics there you want not to be part of an ad campaign better get them off now, remember when the forum came back up we couldn't PM anymore....Just one more leg being removed from the table !

JCofKC

PS: Alex it was always great to have your input around, I miss your keen common sense, now I know where you're at and can keep up with your goings on, thanx....ever get bored find the "OLD GUYS" @ VSTP.....Robo can show you the way !

Back