• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Met N8! at Ephrata, PA First Sunday

john1691

I finally got to go to this large multi brand fundraiser breakfast in Ephrata, PA this Sunday and while I was getting coffee, noticed a bald guy looking at my K12S. I wandered back over and here it was Nate Kern, factory sponsored BMW racer, who was there with Trans Am Cycles, of Lititz, PA, showcasing the S1000RR. We talked for maybe 10-15 minutes about bikes and riding in general. Very personable guy, I can see why he has the following that he does.

Great weather and a good turn out, plus got to meet a premiere racer. All in all a good morning!

Two of my friends went to this - Ida gone but was at the Color in the Catskills.

N8 used to work at Mainline BMW before they closed and I met him at the IMS NYC show. He does a lot for the brand and is a great guy.

An S1000RR in your future? :stick Do they come in checkerboard?

Sounds like the weather was better than predicted, good for you guys! Eight guys from church were there, sounds like a good time. I'm not too worried about the factory color options on the S1000, paint and vinyl can fix anything! I doubt I'll get one anytime soon, work has been terribly slow, combined with the fact that it wouldn't be a good touring bike (for me) so it would require a second bike in addition to getting the S1000.

Heading up to Hermy's for the Oktoberfest open house? The 17th is my youngest's b-day, and my 70 Y.O. father-in-law is jumping from an airplane for the first time, so not sure I will make it. If I do, it will have to be early and leave by 11:30.

I may try to hit the Octoberfest. I need to head up there and get my mileage contest signed anyway.

Dang! I'm missing everything!

Friends invited us to ride to Ephrata last weekend but I had to cover a coworker who rode in the Bike to the Bay. I'll miss Hermy's this year too. We are heading south to West Virginia for a week long riding vacation.

Have fun, guys!

I'd take the week in WV over Bratwurst at Herm's! I've been down for overnighters twice this year, was hoping to get one more quick trip in but am running out of weekends. Have fun, watch the deer!

We normally spend a week down there touring around this time of year. Last year, Hermy's Open House just happened to fall on the day we were leaving to go north for a change.

There are very few bad roads in WV. As long as we don't get much rain, it should be a great week.

Back