• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Mt. Greylock Saturday October 10th

I will leave the main pictures to Ken - but here are a few my wife and I took.

This one is from our gear swtichover heading to meet Steve (Oldhway) and his wife.

Left to right my wife Annemarie, Philip, Joe and Ken
DSC05816.jpg

My wife took this one at the overloook before the hairpin
DSC02115.jpg

Another shot
DSC02116.jpg

The top of the mountain in the clouds, it would get worse by the time we decided to ride up and much better by the time we came back down...

Attachments

• Greylock5.jpg
    Greylock5.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 78
A view of North Adams from the overlook, foliage is pretty near peak...

Attachments

• Greylock10.jpg
    Greylock10.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 79
Looking down into the valley to the north, the low clouds obscuring some of the other peaks...

Attachments

• Greylock7.jpg
    Greylock7.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 79
Our motley crew at the overlook, my RT took the picture ;)

Attachments

• Greylock9.jpg
    Greylock9.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 78
At the summit after lunch, it's been like this everytime I've gone to the top of Greylock...

Attachments

• Greylock3.jpg
    Greylock3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 79
Last one from the summit, parked under the overhang trying to keep cameras and gear dry, didn't help much...

Attachments

• Greylock4.jpg
    Greylock4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 80
Excellent pictures Ken :thumb :thumb - thanks for posting.

The weather may have been less than coorperative but we had a blast. :clap

Now you know we have to go back up there, one more time, so that you can get a clear shot!!

Kris and I had a great time and enjoyed seeing everyone from the kids table at lunch.

Greylock was an adventure but we were in the sun once we got down the other side. Spent the night in Great Barrington, then some great roads coming home today. Starting to get cold though, turned the Fabulous Mrs. Me into a popsickle by the time we got home.

When is the next great NE region forum riders ride?

Steve good to hear you and Kris had a good time both at Greylock and Great Barrington.

I was sloppy up and down but once down it was like a different planet!

The Northeast squad shoudl come up with something - I am tied up till early November - then its dicing with the weather.

mt Greylock

Luis I just jioned (as you can see) i will try to send you a PM with my contact info.
if was nice meeting all of you on that ride, and look forward to seeing all of you again

Back